VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

N?r Technik - HPA Motorsports Turbo Build

66K views 189 replies 26 participants last post by  sentari 
#1 ·
Nür Technik - HPA Motorsports Turbo Build

The Car:
(View from the Project Cam [Shop mounted GoPro])

2008 Audi TT
-3.2L VR6 Engine
-DSG Transmission
-Exterior color BLACK
-Haldex Controller
-HPA Dogbone Mount
-Dyno @ DBPerformance yielded 172awhp 184 ft/lb (DynoDynamics)
-Goal is 475bhp and 500 ft/lb

The build list:

HPA 20th Anniversary Turbo Kit
-Liquid cooled integrated short runner intake manifold
-After cooler package for integrated intake air to water intercooler
-Cast exhaust manifold, with external Oxygen sensors
-Hybrid GT35 Ball Bearing based turbo-w/integrated diverter and waste gate valve
-Stainless Steel Down Pipes (MK4 single 70mm, MK5 dual 55mm)
-Stainless Steel Turbo assembly Heatshield
-Custom wrapped Silicone piping with stainless steel clamps
-Head spacer plate to lower compression Head gaskets and Head Bolts
-500ml high flow fuel injectors
-4.0B return fuel system (MK5 only)
-Braided Stainless Steel Oil Feed Line
-Oil Return lines
-Performance ECU upgrade

Items that were upgraded from the 20th Anniversary Kit:

-High flow 100C Cat Cores
-Inline Fuel pump (Walbro)
-Race Grade Connecting rod bearings
-Large MAF
-750ml high flow fuel injectors
-88mm Full Custom Exhaust designed and manufactured at HPA Motorsports
-ARP Connecting Rod Bolts

Drivetrain Upgrades:
-HPA Stage 1 DSG Clutch Pack Upgrade 6:7 Disk Performance Clutch package
-HPA Stage 4 DSG Software

Additional upgrades:
-HPA 8 Piston Front Calipers paired with custom slotted RS6 (365mm) Rotors (Possibly getting Cryotreated at our neighbors (Frozen Rotors))
-Powdercoated rear OE Calipers (by Nur Technik) paired with 335mm Rear Rotors
-Osir Carbon Fiber Rear Valence with openings for the Quad tip exhaust

Here are the pics of said parts:

The build is scheduled to begin June 5th and have a tenative end date around June 18th depending on the swift work of HPA on the DSG components.

I will post GoPro images as well as some video along the way!

-David
Nur Technik, LLC
Performance Automotive Facility
11920 12th Avenue South
Burnsville MN 55337
952-322-7495
www.nurtechnik.com
service@nurtechnik.com

**Postcard in pics is 4x6 for scaling reference

See less See more
#3 ·
#7 ·
Some updates from the Project Cam:
Pulled in the shop

Front End Off

Exhaust Out

Engine Out

YEA!!

Engine/Trans Seperation

Draining DSG Fluid Before Removing Clutch Pack

Begin Engine Tear-down

Ready for Head Spacer, New Timing Chain and Tensioner

#11 ·
Subed! Cant wait to see this thing roar! Might have to take a trip down there and take a peek! ;)

Free bump! :thumbup:

-Sebastian

#12 · (Edited)
We will post all the graphs and such for the Dyno. The "shootout" mode read 206/221 (which gives you a little less than 20% crank to wheel loss -- which i believe is normal), which is a bit closer to how other dyno machines will register. I have a B7 A4 with a high-flow cat and a stage II from APR and while very fun and greatly improved, the stock TT VR6 still blows it away on performance (as noted above -- 700 lbs more weight it just too much to make up). That application is listed around 260HP as well...

#16 ·
We will post all the graphs and such for the Dyno. The "shootout" mode read 206/221, which is a bit closer to how other dyno machines will register. I have a B7 A4 with a high-flow cat and a stage II from APR and while very fun and greatly improved, the stock TT VR6 still blows it away on performance. That application is listed around 260HP as well...
Then something is wrong with your A4:eek:

#14 ·
Today's progress:

-Removed front and rear braking components
-Test fitted new 8 piston Calipers and 365mm rotors
-Separated head from block
-Cleaned up the engine bay and wheel wells
-Ordered some Roloc Bristle Discs to clean up the head and block (They work wonders)

Tomorrow installing more HPA parts...on a Golf R though* ;D

-David

A shot from yesterday:

This post has been deleted
#23 ·
I'd like to get a new steering wheel that has more beef. It appears the TT-RS, RS5, RS8 has what I want. But what do I need to considering when doing this upgrade? I'd like to refuse the air-bag I have and sell the old steering wheel. Or is this not possible? Plus I have DSG so I would need a European TT-RS etc.... So i'd appreciate anyone with experience or knowhow in this matter to chime in.

#25 · (Edited)
#26 ·
We ordered up the OE TT-RS (EU Version)* front honeycomb grill and some of those european OE aspherical mirrors.* A Golf-R came into the shop with them and they were a 'must have'..

#29 ·
What's the deal with the airbag and airbag harness? Can the current airbag and airbag harness be transferred into a new wheel without issue. It appears there are oval and circle variants of the airbag.... Hm...

#30 · (Edited)
What's the recommendation for spark plugs in an FI application like this? I'd hate to miss a small thing like this.

Also, I'm also thinking about the Okada Plasma Direct ignition coils. Radically expensive, but they appear to the shi3t.

#32 ·
Ok, I'll spare the pictures of the R8 coolant and oil cap.* But here's the steering wheel that's coming (it's basically a bit smaller, fatter, and perforated for his pleasure):* It's the EU version with paddles that you can't get here.*

#33 ·
Ok.. So we need wheels and we are considering the BBS CH-R's 19's in silver. Not too expensive, yet pretty cool (kinda like the TT itself I guess). Tire Rack comes up with 245's for the tires. It seems to me that 255's would work. Does anyone have any experience in this matter?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.