Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad: Season 5

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      07-16-2012 10:32 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumGLS View Post
      You should NOT do this. All 4 seasons are now on Netflix though...
      Ok, thanks, I'll hit up Netflix. I tried watching the first 3 episodes of S1, and just couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

Vehicles
      1994 Ford Temp GL
      07-16-2012 10:40 AM #27
      You have to give it another shot. Seriously, not only will you not know what is going on, but you will miss out on some of the greatest TV ever made.
      Rick
      1994 Ford Tempo GL

Vehicles
      7.4, 5.7 & 5.3
      07-16-2012 10:48 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Racer View Post
      Ok, thanks, I'll hit up Netflix. I tried watching the first 3 episodes of S1, and just couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll give it another shot.
      I recently recommended the show to my wife's friend and she was the same way through the first couple episodes and then ended up finishing all 4 seasons in one week. Hang in there

Vehicles
      '03 VW Jetta GLS; '08 GSX-R 750; '13 F150
      07-16-2012 11:06 AM #29
      "It's the universal gesture for give me the keys!!"

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2007 BMW X3, 2002 Jetta 1.8T
      07-16-2012 11:24 AM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Minker17 View Post
      You have to give it another shot. Seriously, not only will you not know what is going on, but you will miss out on some of the greatest TV ever made.
      Top 3 in my opinion. I watch all 4 seasons in 1 week last year.

6. Member
      07-16-2012 12:44 PM #31
      Holy crap, this show blows away anything on tv. This was a great season opener.

"because I said so"
      "we're done when I say we're done"

hank has turned into such a bad ass it is crazy

7. Member
      Vehicles
      8V, 16V, 20V, 30V
      07-16-2012 01:51 PM #34
      Only 8 episodes total for 2012. The other 8 episodes for Season 5 won't air until the summer of 2013. Way to string us along.

8. Member
      07-16-2012 02:07 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Shawn O View Post
      Only 8 episodes total for 2012. The other 8 episodes for Season 5 won't air until the summer of 2013. Way to string us along.
      As far as I am concerned you can't have episodes a year apart and still call it one season.
      Just look at it as two new seasons of Breaking Bad and you won't get an ulcer.
      SNOW PROBLEM SNOW PROBLEM

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2007 BMW X3, 2002 Jetta 1.8T
      07-16-2012 02:17 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
      Huh? The Wire ended in 2008 after 5 seasons.
      i does stupid jokes

Philly (now) <--> Bangkok 5555555 (later)
      Vehicles
      2007 Acura TSX / 2013 Toyota Yaris
      07-16-2012 03:56 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dras View Post
      Holy crap, this show blows away anything on tv. This was a great season opener.

"because I said so"
      "we're done when I say we're done"

hank has turned into such a bad ass it is crazy
      You mean Walt... I mean, Hisenberg... right?
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam Carolla
      "It shouldn't be called a radar detector, it should be called a rape detector. This is my own little electronic rape whistle."
      (ง'̀-'́)ง

07-16-2012 04:15 PM #38
      Excellent start to the season, lots of great moments

Only 8 episodes this year but i'd rather have that than double just about any other current show. Quality over quantity.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 A3, 2015 Q5
      07-16-2012 05:34 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by laynehip1 View Post
      As far as I am concerned you can't have episodes a year apart and still call it one season.
      Just look at it as two new seasons of Breaking Bad and you won't get an ulcer.
      Final 8 are being billed as Season 6. Everyone smile!
      Gentlemen, you had my curiosity. But now you have my attention.

13. 07-16-2012 07:27 PM #40
      Just watched, only thing that annoyed me if Walt being so sure no prints were on the old U-Haul. I mean that thing was at the scrap yard for a while it seems. You're telling me none of those scrap yard monkeys didn't paw all over that thing at one time? The batteries, the magnet? I'm sure if someone is working at a scrap yard there is a high possibility they have prints on file. Which would lead them to the yard, which would lead them to crack the skulls of the people working there for information as to how an old U-Haul with their magnet, and batteries professionly wired together ended up in their police lot.

Other than that little nit-pick it was a good episode.

14. Member
      07-16-2012 07:39 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by lostmypassword View Post
      Just watched, only thing that annoyed me if Walt being so sure no prints were on the old U-Haul. I mean that thing was at the scrap yard for a while it seems. You're telling me none of those scrap yard monkeys didn't paw all over that thing at one time? The batteries, the magnet? I'm sure if someone is working at a scrap yard there is a high possibility they have prints on file. Which would lead them to the yard, which would lead them to crack the skulls of the people working there for information as to how an old U-Haul with their magnet, and batteries professionly wired together ended up in their police lot.

Other than that little nit-pick it was a good episode.
      Thats assuming that he just took it straight from the junk yard and drove it right over to the Police station. It isn't crazy to think he did some good old fashion cleaning on it to remove any prints.

15. 07-16-2012 08:12 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by laynehip1 View Post
      Thats assuming that he just took it straight from the junk yard and drove it right over to the Police station. It isn't crazy to think he did some good old fashion cleaning on it to remove any prints.
      True, but the junkyard guy said "we'll get it running" meaning his workers had to do mechanical work on it to fix whatever is wrong with it. As anyone who has worked on a car before know that involves getting into some pretty tight spaces to replace parts. Not to mention the magnet, all the wiring, the batteries, the cables, the nuts from the terminals. It would take forever to wipe prints from all those parts. Not the main characters prints, just the grease monkeys wrenching on that thing to get it running, get the giant heavy magnet in place and rigged, then wiring all the batteries.

I guess the scrap yard owner could say that that truck was brought into his business for service at one point in time, but that still doesn't explain how someone managed to take that giant heavy ass magnet from his place without him knowing. That thing would require some pretty heavy equipment to move.

16. 07-16-2012 08:15 PM #43
      I'm an idiot.

I just dawned on me that it would make sense that the workers prints would be all over than thing because it was at their yard.

Still having trouble figuring out how they could explain that the magnet got stolen tho. That's not just something that goes missing one night when it's suspended from a crane and weighs as much as it does.

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      07-17-2012 12:05 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumGLS View Post
      I recently recommended the show to my wife's friend and she was the same way through the first couple episodes and then ended up finishing all 4 seasons in one week. Hang in there
      Just watched S1E3, and it moves pretty damned slow. Not only that, the DEA agent is a douche! I'll give it 2 more episodes, but if it doesn't hook me by then, I'm out.

Philly (now) <--> Bangkok 5555555 (later)
      Vehicles
      2007 Acura TSX / 2013 Toyota Yaris
      07-17-2012 12:09 AM #45
      I dont understand what the bacon was supposed to be. Ill have to watch it again (Thanks TPB) and see, but if my memory serves me correctly...

what were we talking about

Oh yea, right. The bacon was arranged in a way that looked like a (bomb) mushroom cloud. Perhaps reminiscing of the bomb that blew up fringo and the old cartel dude.
      Last edited by KeiCar; 07-17-2012 at 12:12 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam Carolla
      "It shouldn't be called a radar detector, it should be called a rape detector. This is my own little electronic rape whistle."
      (ง'̀-'́)ง

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      07-17-2012 04:57 AM #46
      The bacon was in the shape of 52 - his age. It was his birthday.

WTF is Walt going to do with an M60??

How far in the future was the beginning of the show? Is this after the vacuum repairman helps him out?
      كافر
      Save the Nürburgring!

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      Gotta keep right on the 'Ring. German road rules apply.
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post
      I think you and I have mentioned this one a few times over the years.
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      Might as well just make it our signatures at this point.

20. 07-17-2012 06:20 AM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by KeiCar View Post
      I dont understand what the bacon was supposed to be. Ill have to watch it again (Thanks TPB) and see, but if my memory serves me correctly...

what were we talking about

Oh yea, right. The bacon was arranged in a way that looked like a (bomb) mushroom cloud. Perhaps reminiscing of the bomb that blew up fringo and the old cartel dude.

Vehicles
      '11 VW GTI, '16 Golf R (on order)
      07-17-2012 08:08 AM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Racer View Post
      Just watched S1E3, and it moves pretty damned slow. Not only that, the DEA agent is a douche! I'll give it 2 more episodes, but if it doesn't hook me by then, I'm out.
      It took a while for myself and the gf to get past the first 3-4 episodes, but once we did we were totally hooked. Stick with it....I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.
      for every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty,
      many souls must be trampled - hunter s thompson

Vehicles
      2013 Candy White GLI Autobahn w/ Nav
      07-17-2012 12:55 PM #49
      you have to watch the first season atleast 3-4 episodes in one sitting otherwise you don't get into it right away.

I actually watched all four seasons in a span of one week and I literally couldnt turn away from the tv.

23. 07-17-2012 01:35 PM #50
      Did anyone notice in the future scene when he was in the bathroom, he was coughing again and taking medication? I think Walter's cancer comes back and will be what eventually kills him or causes him to kill himself doing something since he will die anyways.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast