Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad: Season 5

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2007 BMW X3, 2002 Jetta 1.8T
      07-16-2012 03:17 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
      Huh? The Wire ended in 2008 after 5 seasons.
      i does stupid jokes

Philly (now) <--> Bangkok 5555555 (later)
      Vehicles
      2001 Accord coupe V6 / 2013 Toyota Yaris / 2007 Kawasaki Ninja (DOA), 2005 Team Associated RC18t
      07-16-2012 04:56 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dras View Post
      Holy crap, this show blows away anything on tv. This was a great season opener.

"because I said so"
      "we're done when I say we're done"

hank has turned into such a bad ass it is crazy
      You mean Walt... I mean, Hisenberg... right?
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam Carolla
      "It shouldn't be called a radar detector, it should be called a rape detector. This is my own little electronic rape whistle."
      (ง'̀-'́)ง

07-16-2012 05:15 PM #38
      Excellent start to the season, lots of great moments

Only 8 episodes this year but i'd rather have that than double just about any other current show. Quality over quantity.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      Titanium A4
      07-16-2012 06:34 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by laynehip1 View Post
      As far as I am concerned you can't have episodes a year apart and still call it one season.
      Just look at it as two new seasons of Breaking Bad and you won't get an ulcer.
      Final 8 are being billed as Season 6. Everyone smile!
      Gentlemen, you had my curiosity. But now you have my attention.

5. 07-16-2012 08:27 PM #40
      Just watched, only thing that annoyed me if Walt being so sure no prints were on the old U-Haul. I mean that thing was at the scrap yard for a while it seems. You're telling me none of those scrap yard monkeys didn't paw all over that thing at one time? The batteries, the magnet? I'm sure if someone is working at a scrap yard there is a high possibility they have prints on file. Which would lead them to the yard, which would lead them to crack the skulls of the people working there for information as to how an old U-Haul with their magnet, and batteries professionly wired together ended up in their police lot.

Other than that little nit-pick it was a good episode.

6. Member
      07-16-2012 08:39 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by lostmypassword View Post
      Just watched, only thing that annoyed me if Walt being so sure no prints were on the old U-Haul. I mean that thing was at the scrap yard for a while it seems. You're telling me none of those scrap yard monkeys didn't paw all over that thing at one time? The batteries, the magnet? I'm sure if someone is working at a scrap yard there is a high possibility they have prints on file. Which would lead them to the yard, which would lead them to crack the skulls of the people working there for information as to how an old U-Haul with their magnet, and batteries professionly wired together ended up in their police lot.

Other than that little nit-pick it was a good episode.
      Thats assuming that he just took it straight from the junk yard and drove it right over to the Police station. It isn't crazy to think he did some good old fashion cleaning on it to remove any prints.
      SNOW PROBLEM SNOW PROBLEM
      SNOW PROBLEM SNOW PROBLEM

7. 07-16-2012 09:12 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by laynehip1 View Post
      Thats assuming that he just took it straight from the junk yard and drove it right over to the Police station. It isn't crazy to think he did some good old fashion cleaning on it to remove any prints.
      True, but the junkyard guy said "we'll get it running" meaning his workers had to do mechanical work on it to fix whatever is wrong with it. As anyone who has worked on a car before know that involves getting into some pretty tight spaces to replace parts. Not to mention the magnet, all the wiring, the batteries, the cables, the nuts from the terminals. It would take forever to wipe prints from all those parts. Not the main characters prints, just the grease monkeys wrenching on that thing to get it running, get the giant heavy magnet in place and rigged, then wiring all the batteries.

I guess the scrap yard owner could say that that truck was brought into his business for service at one point in time, but that still doesn't explain how someone managed to take that giant heavy ass magnet from his place without him knowing. That thing would require some pretty heavy equipment to move.

8. 07-16-2012 09:15 PM #43
      I'm an idiot.

I just dawned on me that it would make sense that the workers prints would be all over than thing because it was at their yard.

Still having trouble figuring out how they could explain that the magnet got stolen tho. That's not just something that goes missing one night when it's suspended from a crane and weighs as much as it does.

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      07-17-2012 01:05 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumGLS View Post
      I recently recommended the show to my wife's friend and she was the same way through the first couple episodes and then ended up finishing all 4 seasons in one week. Hang in there
      Just watched S1E3, and it moves pretty damned slow. Not only that, the DEA agent is a douche! I'll give it 2 more episodes, but if it doesn't hook me by then, I'm out.

Philly (now) <--> Bangkok 5555555 (later)
      Vehicles
      2001 Accord coupe V6 / 2013 Toyota Yaris / 2007 Kawasaki Ninja (DOA), 2005 Team Associated RC18t
      07-17-2012 01:09 AM #45
      I dont understand what the bacon was supposed to be. Ill have to watch it again (Thanks TPB) and see, but if my memory serves me correctly...

what were we talking about

Oh yea, right. The bacon was arranged in a way that looked like a (bomb) mushroom cloud. Perhaps reminiscing of the bomb that blew up fringo and the old cartel dude.
      Last edited by KeiCar; 07-17-2012 at 01:12 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam Carolla
      "It shouldn't be called a radar detector, it should be called a rape detector. This is my own little electronic rape whistle."
      (ง'̀-'́)ง

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      07-17-2012 05:57 AM #46
      The bacon was in the shape of 52 - his age. It was his birthday.

WTF is Walt going to do with an M60??

How far in the future was the beginning of the show? Is this after the vacuum repairman helps him out?

12. 07-17-2012 07:20 AM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by KeiCar View Post
      I dont understand what the bacon was supposed to be. Ill have to watch it again (Thanks TPB) and see, but if my memory serves me correctly...

what were we talking about

Oh yea, right. The bacon was arranged in a way that looked like a (bomb) mushroom cloud. Perhaps reminiscing of the bomb that blew up fringo and the old cartel dude.

Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI
      07-17-2012 09:08 AM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Racer View Post
      Just watched S1E3, and it moves pretty damned slow. Not only that, the DEA agent is a douche! I'll give it 2 more episodes, but if it doesn't hook me by then, I'm out.
      It took a while for myself and the gf to get past the first 3-4 episodes, but once we did we were totally hooked. Stick with it....I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.
      vwot.org

In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught.
      In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity. - Hunter S Thompson

Vehicles
      2013 Candy White GLI Autobahn w/ Nav
      07-17-2012 01:55 PM #49
      you have to watch the first season atleast 3-4 episodes in one sitting otherwise you don't get into it right away.

I actually watched all four seasons in a span of one week and I literally couldnt turn away from the tv.

15. 07-17-2012 02:35 PM #50
      Did anyone notice in the future scene when he was in the bathroom, he was coughing again and taking medication? I think Walter's cancer comes back and will be what eventually kills him or causes him to kill himself doing something since he will die anyways.

Vehicles
      Searching...
      07-17-2012 04:57 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post
      The bacon was in the shape of 52 - his age. It was his birthday.

WTF is Walt going to do with an M60??

How far in the future was the beginning of the show? Is this after the vacuum repairman helps him out?
      What is this vacuum repairman that you speak of? My mind is drawing a blank here.

Also when mike was leaving the police station after breaking them in did he peel out (thus leaving tread). I need to watch it again to be sure...

17. Member
      Vehicles
      Titanium A4
      07-17-2012 04:59 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by lostmypassword View Post
      The lesson learned from this picture: Skyler makes some freaking terrible bacon.

Edit: and can we also infer that Walt is now divorced? Yes, he could have run out on his birthday to make a quick gun deal, but why do the bacon thing if not to remind you of the family you formerly had?

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      07-17-2012 05:01 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by The Dubsta View Post
      What is this vacuum repairman that you speak of? My mind is drawing a blank here.

Also when mike was leaving the police station after breaking them in did he peel out (thus leaving tread). I need to watch it again to be sure...
      He's an eraser... New ID, new docs, new life. It's what Walt was scrambling around for and collecting money for in one of the last episodes of season four.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      8V, 16V, 20V, 30V
      07-17-2012 05:32 PM #54
      Bryan Cranston has hinted that the series may continue after the season 5 finale, stating "Vince (Gilligan) feels that now we have too much story. We could actually go beyond those 16 episodes. It's not far-fetched. I wouldn't mind visiting that possibility. And this is coming from a guy who doesn't know anything of how the show's going to end. If it doesn't end up in a total apocalypse, who knows? Maybe we could revisit Walter White a year down the road and see where his life has gone. If he's still alive, that is."[

Vehicles
      Six Speed Satanizer
      07-17-2012 05:59 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
      The lesson learned from this picture: Skyler makes some freaking terrible bacon.
      I think that may of been turkey bacon.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      You are in the land of rust and honey.

21. 07-17-2012 06:16 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by Nitzer View Post
      I think that may of been turkey bacon.
      That is turkey bacon.

Vehicles
      Six Speed Satanizer
      07-17-2012 08:07 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by surefooted View Post
      That is turkey bacon.
      Good, I love turkey bacon.

23. Member
      07-17-2012 10:07 PM #58
      Walt's back!

Regarding leaving the truck behind at the prison yard, I agree, in reality, that is probably not the smartest thing to do, however Walt's Walt...or should I say, Walt's Heisenberg...he's got it all under control. If he's going to leave the truck, he's definitely made sure there are no fingerprints or evidence that can lead back to them or the junkyard.
      2003 Acura MDX
      2006 BMW X3

24. Member
      Vehicles
      Titanium A4
      07-18-2012 12:11 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by Shawn O View Post
      Bryan Cranston has hinted that the series may continue after the season 5 finale, stating "Vince (Gilligan) feels that now we have too much story. We could actually go beyond those 16 episodes. It's not far-fetched. I wouldn't mind visiting that possibility. And this is coming from a guy who doesn't know anything of how the show's going to end. If it doesn't end up in a total apocalypse, who knows? Maybe we could revisit Walter White a year down the road and see where his life has gone. If he's still alive, that is."
      I read that Gilligan says BB is done, but he "likes the idea" of a Saul Goodman spinoff. Maybe even a prequel.

Vehicles
      '03 VW Jetta GLS; '08 GSX-R 750; '13 F150
      07-18-2012 03:15 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
      I read that Gilligan says BB is done, but he "likes the idea" of a Saul Goodman spinoff. Maybe even a prequel.
      That could be LOADS of material! Nice!!

26. Member
      Vehicles
      Titanium A4
      07-19-2012 11:14 AM #62

Vehicles
      2010 Honda Pilot touring
      07-23-2012 11:31 AM #63
      Maybe someone can answer this for me. Why was jesse crying to walt for? I missed the beginning, all i saw was him finding drugs? And then breaking down.

Explain... Go!

28. 07-23-2012 12:51 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by sassbs View Post
      Maybe someone can answer this for me. Why was jesse crying to walt for? I missed the beginning, all i saw was him finding drugs? And then breaking down.

Explain... Go!
      So Jesse was crying because he felt really upset about blaming Walt for poisoning Brock, pointing a gun at his head, stealing the poisoned cigarette and then almost killing Walt. He feels like Walt's actually a good guy, he (Jesse) was totally wrong and now he blames himself for being horrible for (rightly) blaming Walt for everything that happened which we all know was actually a correct assumption.

Vehicles
      07-23-2012 09:03 PM #65
      Mike's charatcer is another favorite!

He does what he has to do!!
      I constantly find myself rooting for the "bad guys".

07-24-2012 07:00 AM #66
      Skyler is definitely creeped out about Walter. If Walter is destined to go down at the end of the series, then I believe it is Skyler who brings Walter down. Not directly, but most likely lead the DEA to Walter.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      07-24-2012 08:11 AM #67
      The opening scene was great...

A friend from high school/collge is a chemical engineer - he works for a salad dressing company, so I found that part hysterical.

Can you really kill yourself with an AED? I've been trained on using such a device and IIRC it won't work unless the pads sense a certain rhythm.

Vehicles
      07-24-2012 10:48 AM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post
      The opening scene was great...

A friend from high school/collge is a chemical engineer - he works for a salad dressing company, so I found that part hysterical.

Can you really kill yourself with an AED? I've been trained on using such a device and IIRC it won't work unless the pads sense a certain rhythm.
      He put one pad on his shoulder and the bare lead into his mouth. Not sure if it would read the pulse without going across the body. I'll ask about that in my emergency response team class next month.

Vehicles
      Six Speed Satanizer
      07-24-2012 12:53 PM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by mx5er View Post
      Skyler is definitely creeped out about Walter. If Walter is destined to go down at the end of the series, then I believe it is Skyler who brings Walter down. Not directly, but most likely lead the DEA to Walter.
      That's an interesting theory. The repulsion is there although it did not begin when she found out he was the drug business. Their marriage in many ways ended before season one was over.
      For many reasons they live together again, their cover and their children being the two biggest ones.
      Might even have a Goodfellas ending, "as long as I don't have to live with him" or however Liota's wife's character put it.
      Great season, and great discussing it with intelligent fans.

34. Member
      07-24-2012 01:05 PM #70
      Great episode! I liked how Hank's boss mentioned that Gus was there, right under his nose and he failed to see it. Then the camera pans to Hank.

I'm also glad we haven't seen much of Marie this season. Her stories were probably the weakest ones in the show. They need to build and resolve the Skylar issue somehow. I was thinking that Walt & Jesse end up cooking in the car wash. I mean, steam, machines, high electricity consumption, y'know? And then maybe Skylar gets into it and makes it a "family affair" once again.

Glad to see Mike's on board!
      2003 Acura MDX
      2006 BMW X3

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast