Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad: Season 5

Vehicles
      15 fit ex 6mt, 09 vmax, 97 blackbird, 90 dsm
      07-17-2012 03:57 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post
      The bacon was in the shape of 52 - his age. It was his birthday.

WTF is Walt going to do with an M60??

How far in the future was the beginning of the show? Is this after the vacuum repairman helps him out?
      What is this vacuum repairman that you speak of? My mind is drawing a blank here.

Also when mike was leaving the police station after breaking them in did he peel out (thus leaving tread). I need to watch it again to be sure...

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 A3, 2015 Q5
      07-17-2012 03:59 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by lostmypassword View Post
      The lesson learned from this picture: Skyler makes some freaking terrible bacon.

Edit: and can we also infer that Walt is now divorced? Yes, he could have run out on his birthday to make a quick gun deal, but why do the bacon thing if not to remind you of the family you formerly had?
      Gentlemen, you had my curiosity. But now you have my attention.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      07-17-2012 04:01 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by The Dubsta View Post
      What is this vacuum repairman that you speak of? My mind is drawing a blank here.

Also when mike was leaving the police station after breaking them in did he peel out (thus leaving tread). I need to watch it again to be sure...
      He's an eraser... New ID, new docs, new life. It's what Walt was scrambling around for and collecting money for in one of the last episodes of season four.
      كافر
      Save the Nürburgring!

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      Gotta keep right on the 'Ring. German road rules apply.
      I think you and I have mentioned this one a few times over the years.
      Might as well just make it our signatures at this point.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      8V, 16V, 20V, 30V
      07-17-2012 04:32 PM #54
      Bryan Cranston has hinted that the series may continue after the season 5 finale, stating "Vince (Gilligan) feels that now we have too much story. We could actually go beyond those 16 episodes. It's not far-fetched. I wouldn't mind visiting that possibility. And this is coming from a guy who doesn't know anything of how the show's going to end. If it doesn't end up in a total apocalypse, who knows? Maybe we could revisit Walter White a year down the road and see where his life has gone. If he's still alive, that is."[

Vehicles
      Six Speed Satanizer
      07-17-2012 04:59 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
      The lesson learned from this picture: Skyler makes some freaking terrible bacon.
      I think that may of been turkey bacon.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      You are in the land of rust and honey.

6. 07-17-2012 05:16 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by Nitzer View Post
      I think that may of been turkey bacon.
      That is turkey bacon.

Vehicles
      Six Speed Satanizer
      07-17-2012 07:07 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by surefooted View Post
      That is turkey bacon.
      Good, I love turkey bacon.

8. Member
      07-17-2012 09:07 PM #58
      Walt's back!

Regarding leaving the truck behind at the prison yard, I agree, in reality, that is probably not the smartest thing to do, however Walt's Walt...or should I say, Walt's Heisenberg...he's got it all under control. If he's going to leave the truck, he's definitely made sure there are no fingerprints or evidence that can lead back to them or the junkyard.
      2003 Acura MDX
      2006 BMW X3

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 A3, 2015 Q5
      07-18-2012 11:11 AM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by Shawn O View Post
      Bryan Cranston has hinted that the series may continue after the season 5 finale, stating "Vince (Gilligan) feels that now we have too much story. We could actually go beyond those 16 episodes. It's not far-fetched. I wouldn't mind visiting that possibility. And this is coming from a guy who doesn't know anything of how the show's going to end. If it doesn't end up in a total apocalypse, who knows? Maybe we could revisit Walter White a year down the road and see where his life has gone. If he's still alive, that is."
      I read that Gilligan says BB is done, but he "likes the idea" of a Saul Goodman spinoff. Maybe even a prequel.

Vehicles
      '03 VW Jetta GLS; '08 GSX-R 750; '13 F150
      07-18-2012 02:15 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
      I read that Gilligan says BB is done, but he "likes the idea" of a Saul Goodman spinoff. Maybe even a prequel.
      That could be LOADS of material! Nice!!

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 A3, 2015 Q5
      07-19-2012 10:14 AM #62

Vehicles
      2010 Honda Pilot touring
      07-23-2012 10:31 AM #63
      Maybe someone can answer this for me. Why was jesse crying to walt for? I missed the beginning, all i saw was him finding drugs? And then breaking down.

Explain... Go!

13. 07-23-2012 11:51 AM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by sassbs View Post
      Maybe someone can answer this for me. Why was jesse crying to walt for? I missed the beginning, all i saw was him finding drugs? And then breaking down.

Explain... Go!
      So Jesse was crying because he felt really upset about blaming Walt for poisoning Brock, pointing a gun at his head, stealing the poisoned cigarette and then almost killing Walt. He feels like Walt's actually a good guy, he (Jesse) was totally wrong and now he blames himself for being horrible for (rightly) blaming Walt for everything that happened which we all know was actually a correct assumption.

Vehicles
      07-23-2012 08:03 PM #65
      Mike's charatcer is another favorite!

He does what he has to do!!
      I constantly find myself rooting for the "bad guys".

07-24-2012 06:00 AM #66
      Skyler is definitely creeped out about Walter. If Walter is destined to go down at the end of the series, then I believe it is Skyler who brings Walter down. Not directly, but most likely lead the DEA to Walter.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      07-24-2012 07:11 AM #67
      The opening scene was great...

A friend from high school/collge is a chemical engineer - he works for a salad dressing company, so I found that part hysterical.

Can you really kill yourself with an AED? I've been trained on using such a device and IIRC it won't work unless the pads sense a certain rhythm.
      كافر
      Save the Nürburgring!

Gotta keep right on the 'Ring. German road rules apply.
      I think you and I have mentioned this one a few times over the years.
      Might as well just make it our signatures at this point.

Vehicles
      07-24-2012 09:48 AM #68
      The opening scene was great...

A friend from high school/collge is a chemical engineer - he works for a salad dressing company, so I found that part hysterical.

Can you really kill yourself with an AED? I've been trained on using such a device and IIRC it won't work unless the pads sense a certain rhythm.
      He put one pad on his shoulder and the bare lead into his mouth. Not sure if it would read the pulse without going across the body. I'll ask about that in my emergency response team class next month.

Vehicles
      Six Speed Satanizer
      07-24-2012 11:53 AM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by mx5er View Post
      Skyler is definitely creeped out about Walter. If Walter is destined to go down at the end of the series, then I believe it is Skyler who brings Walter down. Not directly, but most likely lead the DEA to Walter.
      That's an interesting theory. The repulsion is there although it did not begin when she found out he was the drug business. Their marriage in many ways ended before season one was over.
      For many reasons they live together again, their cover and their children being the two biggest ones.
      Might even have a Goodfellas ending, "as long as I don't have to live with him" or however Liota's wife's character put it.
      Great season, and great discussing it with intelligent fans.

19. Member
      07-24-2012 12:05 PM #70
      Great episode! I liked how Hank's boss mentioned that Gus was there, right under his nose and he failed to see it. Then the camera pans to Hank.

I'm also glad we haven't seen much of Marie this season. Her stories were probably the weakest ones in the show. They need to build and resolve the Skylar issue somehow. I was thinking that Walt & Jesse end up cooking in the car wash. I mean, steam, machines, high electricity consumption, y'know? And then maybe Skylar gets into it and makes it a "family affair" once again.

Glad to see Mike's on board!
      2003 Acura MDX
      2006 BMW X3

Vehicles
      Six Speed Satanizer
      07-24-2012 12:36 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by woofster View Post
      Great episode! I liked how Hank's boss mentioned that Gus was there, right under his nose and he failed to see it. Then the camera pans to Hank.

I'm also glad we haven't seen much of Marie this season. Her stories were probably the weakest ones in the show. They need to build and resolve the Skylar issue somehow. I was thinking that Walt & Jesse end up cooking in the car wash. I mean, steam, machines, high electricity consumption, y'know? And then maybe Skylar gets into it and makes it a "family affair" once again.

Glad to see Mike's on board!
      I think they whole car wash might of been foreshadowing from the beginning. With the electricity consumption and industrial chemicals in. Plus, send in a van for a wash, send it out with product.
      With Mike, there's going to be friction. He's only on board as the money he had set up for his grand daughter is all gone. This may include whatever money he had for himself.

Vehicles
      '95 VR GTI
      07-25-2012 08:31 PM #72
      good call guys...i never thought of them cooking in the car wash...it makes sense though
      NEK....PISS OFF

R.I.P ALEXI

Vehicles
      2012 Volkswagen Routan SE | 2010 Subaru Forester XT
      07-26-2012 09:50 AM #73
      Finally finishing season 4 on Netflix

23. 07-26-2012 01:09 PM #74
      I'd have to go back and re-watch the episode closer to see what exactly he was using. If it truly was an AED, then no it wouldn't shock unless it detects a v-fib or v-tach rhythm in the heart. I believe putting the bare lead in the mouth was simply to ensure the shock was sent through the head, specifically the brain.

Now a defib would be different, but those aren't just planted around offices/building for a lay-person to use. AEDs are pretty much impossible to hurt or kill someone on accident or on purpose since the trigger for the shock is based on a defined rhythm.

Vehicles
      2.0l 16V 88 Rocco
      07-26-2012 04:27 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by STOICH View Post
      I'd have to go back and re-watch the episode closer to see what exactly he was using. If it truly was an AED, then no it wouldn't shock unless it detects a v-fib or v-tach rhythm in the heart. I believe putting the bare lead in the mouth was simply to ensure the shock was sent through the head, specifically the brain.

Now a defib would be different, but those aren't just planted around offices/building for a lay-person to use. AEDs are pretty much impossible to hurt or kill someone on accident or on purpose since the trigger for the shock is based on a defined rhythm.
      Definitely an AED. Don't care how realistic. It was a great scene...creative license earned by Vince and Co.
      Personal responsibility, a lost art.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast