Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Results 71 to 105 of 368

    Thread: Breaking Bad: Season 5

    1. Member Biff Beltsander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 14th, 2010
      Location
      Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
      Posts
      3,595
      Vehicles
      Six Speed Satanizer
      07-24-2012 12:36 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by woofster View Post
      Great episode! I liked how Hank's boss mentioned that Gus was there, right under his nose and he failed to see it. Then the camera pans to Hank.

      I'm also glad we haven't seen much of Marie this season. Her stories were probably the weakest ones in the show. They need to build and resolve the Skylar issue somehow. I was thinking that Walt & Jesse end up cooking in the car wash. I mean, steam, machines, high electricity consumption, y'know? And then maybe Skylar gets into it and makes it a "family affair" once again.

      Glad to see Mike's on board!
      I think they whole car wash might of been foreshadowing from the beginning. With the electricity consumption and industrial chemicals in. Plus, send in a van for a wash, send it out with product.
      With Mike, there's going to be friction. He's only on board as the money he had set up for his grand daughter is all gone. This may include whatever money he had for himself.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      You are in the land of rust and honey.

    2. Member stapleface's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 13th, 2005
      Location
      providence,RI/MA
      Posts
      6,073
      Vehicles
      '95 VR GTI
      07-25-2012 08:31 PM #72
      good call guys...i never thought of them cooking in the car wash...it makes sense though
      NEK....PISS OFF

      R.I.P ALEXI

    3. Member GroceryGetter82's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 6th, 2012
      Posts
      363
      Vehicles
      2012 Volkswagen Routan SE | 2010 Subaru Forester XT
      07-26-2012 09:50 AM #73
      Finally finishing season 4 on Netflix

    4. 07-26-2012 01:09 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post
      Can you really kill yourself with an AED? I've been trained on using such a device and IIRC it won't work unless the pads sense a certain rhythm.
      I'd have to go back and re-watch the episode closer to see what exactly he was using. If it truly was an AED, then no it wouldn't shock unless it detects a v-fib or v-tach rhythm in the heart. I believe putting the bare lead in the mouth was simply to ensure the shock was sent through the head, specifically the brain.

      Now a defib would be different, but those aren't just planted around offices/building for a lay-person to use. AEDs are pretty much impossible to hurt or kill someone on accident or on purpose since the trigger for the shock is based on a defined rhythm.

    5. Member bigtavo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 10th, 2004
      Location
      Yardley
      Posts
      4,033
      Vehicles
      2.0l 16V 88 Rocco
      07-26-2012 04:27 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by STOICH View Post
      I'd have to go back and re-watch the episode closer to see what exactly he was using. If it truly was an AED, then no it wouldn't shock unless it detects a v-fib or v-tach rhythm in the heart. I believe putting the bare lead in the mouth was simply to ensure the shock was sent through the head, specifically the brain.

      Now a defib would be different, but those aren't just planted around offices/building for a lay-person to use. AEDs are pretty much impossible to hurt or kill someone on accident or on purpose since the trigger for the shock is based on a defined rhythm.
      Definitely an AED. Don't care how realistic. It was a great scene...creative license earned by Vince and Co.
      Personal responsibility, a lost art.

    6. 07-26-2012 07:15 PM #76
      Yep - that scene was awesome regardless of its accuracy.

    7. Member Angina's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2002
      Posts
      6,831
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2007 BMW X3, 2002 Jetta 1.8T
      07-27-2012 02:55 AM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by woofster View Post
      Great episode! I liked how Hank's boss mentioned that Gus was there, right under his nose and he failed to see it. Then the camera pans to Hank.
      seriously... that was great...

    8. 07-30-2012 12:43 AM #78
      Was he talking about Victor interms of what they are going to do to Mike?

    9. Member mx5er's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 28th, 2001
      Location
      NY
      Posts
      13,028
      07-30-2012 04:24 AM #79
      Skyler is definitely starting to crack. It's just a matter of time until she folds and exposes Walter to the DEA.

      I'm also thinkin' that since Brock is in the picture, Jesse is eventually gonna find out what really happened to him. And perhaps Jane too.

    10. 07-30-2012 09:10 AM #80
      Anyone else think that paying the "Legacy Fee" is a bunch of crap for Jesse and Walter? That should be all Mike if you ask me. It's only a matter of time before the money becomes a big issue between the guys.

      Also, in the description of the episode, it says that Walter comes clean to Marie. I can't be the only one who thought he was going to spill the beans about where the money for Hank's bills is coming from.

      Another great episode.

    11. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 6th, 2000
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      18,159
      Vehicles
      Titanium A4
      07-30-2012 12:03 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by surefooted View Post
      Was he talking about Victor interms of what they are going to do to Mike?
      That comment was just odd. I didn't follow the analogy between Victor and Mike that Walt was trying to make, but assumed the same as you.

      To those that thought they'd be cooking in the car wash - never assume the obvious with this show!
      Gentlemen, you had my curiosity. But now you have my attention.

    12. 07-30-2012 12:35 PM #82
      The cooking in a fumigated house thing is just brilliant. How long before a couple of meth addicts show up dead from going into a house and trying to do the same thing

      I agree with kreigmack about the Legacy Fee. The other part I kept wondering was why didn't Mike step in and say "this is what needs to be done, after X amount of dollars it will be over". It seemed like it would be an indefinite thing the way he put it.

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 6th, 2000
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      18,159
      Vehicles
      Titanium A4
      07-30-2012 12:37 PM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by yel0wsn0 View Post
      It seemed like it would be an indefinite thing the way he put it.
      It might be at this stage. Too early to tell what it will take to keep all ~11 of the names on that list quiet and for how long.
      Gentlemen, you had my curiosity. But now you have my attention.

    14. Senior Member beng's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 13th, 2002
      Location
      NutVegas, NJ
      Posts
      30,069
      Vehicles
      Family Truckster
      07-31-2012 12:40 PM #84
      I'm finally all caught up. One of the best series I've ever watched. The finale to season 4 ..."I won" ... SO GOOD

      Love the way this season is playing out so far. The bug bomb tents are pure genius. '

      Mike rules

      1 3 4 5 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49

      "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve"

    15. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2002
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario, Canada
      Posts
      6,214
      07-31-2012 12:47 PM #85
      I had the same thought about the way Mike handled the payout too. If I were him, I would've simply advised the other "partners" that a certain % has to go to a legacy fee. In fact, he probably should've gave them all a breakdown of the splits prior to any money coming in, but I digress, it's a TV show.

      I should point out that aside from that surprise legacy fee, I'm rooting for Mike all the way. For a period of time I was rooting for bad ass Walt but the more overconfident he is getting, the more I'm not rooting for him. Also, it's about time Jesse gets his dues. He's proving that he's a quick thinker and is contributing more and more to the team. It's only a matter of time before Jesse and Mike turn on Walt.

      I was actually surprised to see Marie in this episode. I was doing just fine without her.
      2003 Acura MDX
      2006 BMW X3

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2002
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario, Canada
      Posts
      6,214
      07-31-2012 12:50 PM #86
      With regards to Walt's reference to Victor, I believe what he's saying is that he initially thought Gus had killed Victor to intimidate Walt but he now believes Gus did it because Victor was becoming a liability. Gus was just cutting Victor loose because he was no longer needed. My take is that Walt is thinking that they could cut Mike loose too.
      2003 Acura MDX
      2006 BMW X3

    17. Member Angina's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2002
      Posts
      6,831
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2007 BMW X3, 2002 Jetta 1.8T
      07-31-2012 01:42 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by woofster View Post
      With regards to Walt's reference to Victor, I believe what he's saying is that he initially thought Gus had killed Victor to intimidate Walt but he now believes Gus did it because Victor was becoming a liability. Gus was just cutting Victor loose because he was no longer needed. My take is that Walt is thinking that they could cut Mike loose too.
      Yup, that's what he was talking about.

      As far as the episode summary about Walt coming clean to Marie, he came clean about the affair.

      And from Mike's standpoint, it was the smart thing to do to put the legacy fee on Walt and Jessie. Keeping the 11 people quiet has the most direct impact on Mike, but it becomes a nuisance to Walt and Jessie as well. Walt/Jessie wouldn't directly be implicated in anything they say to the authorities, but their gut reaction would be to keep anything Gus Fring related on the DL. Also, Walt and Jessie needed Mike for the distribution aspect of the business, so why not include the legacy fees as a cost of running the whole shebang?

      But like the first point about Gus taking out Viktor cause he was a liability, I think Walt would be wise to take out Mike at some point.

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 6th, 2000
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      18,159
      Vehicles
      Titanium A4
      07-31-2012 03:37 PM #88




      Gentlemen, you had my curiosity. But now you have my attention.

    19. 07-31-2012 08:52 PM #89
      ^ lol

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 6th, 2000
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      18,159
      Vehicles
      Titanium A4
      07-31-2012 10:37 PM #90
      Full link in case your browser chews the images up:

      http://theoatmeal.com/comics/breaking_bad_hair
      Gentlemen, you had my curiosity. But now you have my attention.

    21. Member Biff Beltsander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 14th, 2010
      Location
      Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
      Posts
      3,595
      Vehicles
      Six Speed Satanizer
      07-31-2012 10:57 PM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by Angina View Post
      But like the first point about Gus taking out Viktor cause he was a liability, I think Walt would be wise to take out Mike at some point.
      As the series winds down and there's talk of Walter getting killed, I think that he may attempt to take out Mike and he may fail.
      That or Jesse will kill him, Walter that is.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      You are in the land of rust and honey.

    22. Member YellowDieselGolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2003
      Location
      Albury, NSW Australia
      Posts
      7,217
      Vehicles
      79 GLD, 03 GTI
      08-01-2012 08:40 AM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by kreigmack View Post
      Anyone else think that paying the "Legacy Fee" is a bunch of crap for Jesse and Walter? That should be all Mike if you ask me. It's only a matter of time before the money becomes a big issue between the guys.

      Also, in the description of the episode, it says that Walter comes clean to Marie. I can't be the only one who thought he was going to spill the beans about where the money for Hank's bills is coming from.

      Another great episode.
      I think it's fair that everyone share's the legacy costs. If the prisoners squeal then they're all doomed. Keeping their loyalty is good for everyone.

      Skyler will explode when she finds out that Walt told Marie about the affair. It's just like when she made them get rid of the Challenger. Everyone thinks she's a bitch because of his behavior.

      Agreed that it was a great episode. The pest control angle is genius.
      I'm a country member.

    23. Member
      Join Date
      May 29th, 2003
      Location
      SEPA
      Posts
      5,381
      Vehicles
      '05 GLI, Mazda5
      08-01-2012 10:59 AM #93
      A few things...

      -That chart is priceless, but I don't agree with Hank's placement--He's a teddy bear.

      -The real Walt never would have re-entered the business after being free and clear of Gus's box cutter. On the otherhand, if that's what it takes to keep the show on tv, 'o well, I'll conceed.

      -Mike don't play.
      "Yeah, I pissed myself, but that's only because I only had 20 minutes for recess." Duane Peters

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 6th, 2000
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      18,159
      Vehicles
      Titanium A4
      08-01-2012 02:32 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by 976-RADD View Post
      -The real Walt never would have re-entered the business after being free and clear of Gus's box cutter.
      The real Walt is long gone. That's the whole point of this season - he's the villain now.
      Gentlemen, you had my curiosity. But now you have my attention.

    25. Senior Member beng's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 13th, 2002
      Location
      NutVegas, NJ
      Posts
      30,069
      Vehicles
      Family Truckster
      08-01-2012 03:29 PM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
      Full link in case your browser chews the images up:

      http://theoatmeal.com/comics/breaking_bad_hair
      Awesome

      Im beginning to get more and more annoyed by Walt's character. I hope he has another ass kickin at the hands of Mike coming his way.
      1 3 4 5 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49

      "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve"

    26. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 6th, 2000
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      18,159
      Vehicles
      Titanium A4
      08-01-2012 04:28 PM #96
      Yep, same here. Must be intentional as everyone is having that reaction - the writers are setting something awesome up.
      Gentlemen, you had my curiosity. But now you have my attention.

    27. Member Pdubb315's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 14th, 2005
      Location
      Portland, OR
      Posts
      224
      08-01-2012 04:56 PM #97
      I could see the following happening at the conclusion of the series:

      Walt and Mike are in a fight of some sort, that leaves Mike injured/shot/poisoned and dying in front of Walt. Walt, thinking they're alone, then begins telling him how he has become the monster he is now (killing people, basically screwing over Jesse in every way etc.) basically in a **** talking way that I could see Walt definitely doing. We all know how much mike despises Walt, and feels he has screwed business up. This conversation could cover so much of the show and work as a nice montage.

      Meanwhile, Jesse is somewhere listening to this, and becomes overrun with anger due to his dead girlfriend and Brock. Then he kills Walt and goes on his way!

      Walt could use the gun he purchased from the cleaner dude at the beginning of S.5 EP.1 although that thing wouldn't leave much of Mike left to talk to.

      This all seems to easy though.

    28. Senior Member NoDubJustYet's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 25th, 2002
      Location
      WNoVA
      Posts
      27,450
      Vehicles
      MkV GTI and V70 3.2
      08-01-2012 05:01 PM #98
      Short of setting up a machine gun nest, there's no way Walt can handle an M60... The gun ways 24lbs alone. Throw in a belt of ammo or ammo box and the weapon is quite unwieldy to a novice.

    29. 08-01-2012 06:19 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post
      Short of setting up a machine gun nest, there's no way Walt can handle an M60... The gun ways 24lbs alone. Throw in a belt of ammo or ammo box and the weapon is quite unwieldy to a novice.
      Setting it up somewhere and waiting is more fitting to Walt. People don't realize how big and heavy an M60 is. Short of AnimalMother and Arnold in Predator it ain't happening without a tripod in prone position or a mount.




      Did anyone else wonder about the "nannycam" Todd (the fumigation worker) mentioned? Seems kind of odd that he would mention that and then Walt and Jessie are drinking beers watching TV in the living room after the cook.

      I may have missed something tho with that tho.

    30. 08-01-2012 06:25 PM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by lostmypassword View Post
      Setting it up somewhere and waiting is more fitting to Walt. People don't realize how big and heavy an M60 is. Short of AnimalMother and Arnold in Predator it ain't happening without a tripod in prone position or a mount.




      Did anyone else wonder about the "nannycam" Todd (the fumigation worker) mentioned? Seems kind of odd that he would mention that and then Walt and Jessie are drinking beers watching TV in the living room after the cook.

      I may have missed something tho with that tho.
      If the picture below is accurate then that's where Walt ends up waiting with the M60



    31. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 17th, 2007
      Location
      Littleton, CO
      Posts
      6,527
      08-01-2012 06:25 PM #101
      I thought Walt was being sincere for the first time in a while when he was talking to Jesse about his relationship and how he trusted he would do the right thing. It sounded like he was telling him he was happy for him. Then Jesse broke up with her so I rewatched the conversation. WTF? He is so damn manipulative because he knows what buttons to push. His character is one of the best ever, IMO.

    32. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 6th, 2000
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      18,159
      Vehicles
      Titanium A4
      08-01-2012 06:39 PM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by lostmypassword View Post
      Did anyone else wonder about the "nannycam" Todd (the fumigation worker) mentioned? Seems kind of odd that he would mention that and then Walt and Jessie are drinking beers watching TV in the living room after the cook.
      You missed where Todd said "so I disconnected it"

      Quote Originally Posted by AxEgRyNdEr View Post
      If the picture below is accurate then that's where Walt ends up waiting with the M60
      Wow, this was staring us right in the face! Except he's bald again here.
      Gentlemen, you had my curiosity. But now you have my attention.

    33. 08-01-2012 08:02 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
      You missed where Todd said "so I disconnected it"


      Damn you're right. I just had to go back and he said "I disabled it....just thought you should know"

      We may see more from Todd in the future.

    34. Senior Member ChrisMD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 15th, 2001
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      20,812
      Vehicles
      2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK250 BlueTEC
      08-04-2012 03:41 PM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by YellowDieselGolf View Post
      Skyler will explode when she finds out that Walt told Marie about the affair.
      Probably but what else was there for Walt to say? He had to calm down Marie and not telling her something big was just going to make her dig further, which obviously is not acceptable.

      I loved Skyler yelling "SHUT UP!" at Marie over and over, though. I have wanted to do that since Season 1. Marie is the worst character on the show. There are characters (not necessarily on this show) who are annoying but it furthers the story in some way. Marie is just annoying with no benefit to the show, other than being the familial link that makes Hank have a DEA agent for a brother-in-law. They could have created the characters so that Hank is Skyler's brother, and whether or not he had a wife wouldn't matter.
      Chris
      "All hail Dr. Chris, doctor of money medicine!" --Tornado2dr
      "annuity = financial abortion." --jnm2.0t

    35. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2002
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario, Canada
      Posts
      6,214
      08-04-2012 10:31 PM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMD View Post
      ...
      I loved Skyler yelling "SHUT UP!" at Marie over and over, though. I have wanted to do that since Season 1. Marie is the worst character on the show. There are characters (not necessarily on this show) who are annoying but it furthers the story in some way. Marie is just annoying with no benefit to the show, other than being the familial link that makes Hank have a DEA agent for a brother-in-law. They could have created the characters so that Hank is Skyler's brother, and whether or not he had a wife wouldn't matter.
      I certainly wouldn't shed any tears if they never had Marie's character to begin with.
      2003 Acura MDX
      2006 BMW X3

    Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •