Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crack on CC Trunk

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC R-line, 2012 GLI Autobahn
      06-26-2012 08:47 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by bedlamfirm714 View Post
      i guess its my turn. found a crack in mine. called up the dealer, they scheduled me to bring it in which i did yesterday. The service guy wanted to see it in person so he could order the part. I told him when I found it I researched it on the tex and he just stopped talking. Then he said he had another one just last week. No replace yet as they got to order the piece and then I have to bring it in for an all day job. They say they got to bring the car to a body shop to change it. I have a 2012 CC Sport with under 13,000 miles in Cincinnati, OH.
      Your service guy is full of crap on an all day job. I brought mine in at 8 am and was done before ten literally two hours
      Last edited by MrRline; 06-27-2012 at 11:01 AM.
      2010 CC R-line. 5% tint, Euro Clear Corners,ST Coilovers, Whiteline Adjustable Endlinks, Led interior lights, BSH Race Intake, R8 Coilpacks, Hoen lights, BrakePerformance Rotors, EBC Red Pads
      2012 Jetta GLI Autobahn- BSH Race Intake,R8 coilpacks, Cree LED DRL, Hoen lights, ST Coilovers,AWE TOP, VMR V710 Wheels, Gloss Black Roof Wrap, GIAC Stage 2 coming soon!!

Vehicles
      2014 VW
      06-26-2012 09:16 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by cc-dub-dub View Post
      also while replacing it, they scratched the edge of my trunk
      They did that to mine too....except across the WHOLE area where the spoiler is

New Car Sales Manager said it's because the body shop should've done it....NOT the VW Tech....oh well
      2014 Passat VR6 & 2013 Tiguan SE
      18" wheels FOR SALE ---->http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...tweight-Wheels
      19" wheels & tires FOR SALE ---->http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...9x8-5-ET45-New

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      '11 CC Lux, '07 X3 M-Sport
      06-26-2012 10:01 PM #38
      Mine is delaminating in two spots, will this warrant a replacement? I plan on bringing it up to them on Friday when I go in for my 30K service

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line w/DSG
      06-26-2012 11:23 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by jeff080 View Post
      Mine is delaminating in two spots, will this warrant a replacement? I plan on bringing it up to them on Friday when I go in for my 30K service
      take a pic when you get a chance
      Larry
      2012 CC R-Line, DSG (stock)

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC Sport
      06-27-2012 10:51 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by dj_cronic_metal View Post
      Your service guy is full of crap on an all day job. I brought move in at 8 am and was done before ten literally two hours
      Agreed. Mine was done in 2 hours.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      Mocha Anthracite Metallic 2010 CC Sport 2.0T 6MT (RIP), Reflex Silver 2010 CC Sport 2.0T 6MT
      06-27-2012 11:26 AM #41
      And mine finally cracked yesterday.. time to make that call.

7. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      '11 CC Lux, '07 X3 M-Sport
      06-27-2012 09:08 PM #42
      Here's a picture of the delam. It's very hard to see in the pictures, I know. It's almost like the clear coat is coming off. Will it warrant a replacement? What do you guys think?

Vehicles
      2014 VW
      06-27-2012 10:23 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by jeff080 View Post
      Here's a picture of the delam. It's very hard to see in the pictures, I know. It's almost like the clear coat is coming off. Will it warrant a replacement? What do you guys think?

Might be covered under the paint/corrosion warranty

Doesn't hurt to ask THEM....because ultimately it's their call.....doesn't matter what we think, lol
      19" wheels & tires FOR SALE ---->http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...9x8-5-ET45-New

Vehicles
      1998 A4 Quattro
      07-31-2012 10:31 AM #44
      Is there a TSB# for this?

The dreaded crack has appeared for me too in MD on my 2010
      "Never Drive Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly"

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC R-line, 2012 GLI Autobahn
      07-31-2012 10:48 AM #45
      Last I checked there is not a TSB number for this item however due to the frequency of replacements for this part there may now be a number.
      2010 CC R-line. 5% tint, Euro Clear Corners,ST Coilovers, Whiteline Adjustable Endlinks, Led interior lights, BSH Race Intake, R8 Coilpacks, Hoen lights, BrakePerformance Rotors, EBC Red Pads
      2012 Jetta GLI Autobahn- BSH Race Intake,R8 coilpacks, Cree LED DRL, Hoen lights, ST Coilovers,AWE TOP, VMR V710 Wheels, Gloss Black Roof Wrap, GIAC Stage 2 coming soon!!

Vehicles
      2010 Passat CC Mocha Anthracite ST Performance Coilovers 18" Samarkand w/Contineltal DWS
      07-31-2012 02:30 PM #46
      Does anyone know the install procedure for this? It sounds like it easy to install.

Vehicles
      2014 VW
      08-04-2012 07:18 AM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by HunterRose View Post
      Does anyone know the install procedure for this? It sounds like it easy to install.
      Gotta break the old one trim piece off (comes off in pieces according to my service writer), very carefully
      Clean it all up
      Then glue the new one on

13. 10-04-2012 07:01 PM #48
      I picked up my CC used , its an 09. I saw when i bought it that there were two small stress cracks that were starting to appear. I saw that this was going to be an issue and checked on this forum and talked to other owners about it. Well I contacted my dealer and they were very accommodating and took care of it and replaced it with the new piece, at no cost, took an hour and a half. They stated that it is not a recall, just a courtesy due to VW being informed of the design flaw and material choice.So here it is , good as new.
      2009 CC Sport Mocha Brown Pearl

Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport 2.0T (6M)
      10-04-2012 10:30 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by dj_cronic_metal View Post
      Believe it buddy and your nuts if you think you'd rather stick with the plastic one that breaks compared to the metal one. Its identical you can't tell the difference other than when you tap on it like dan has mentioned.
      Well, after getting rejected by VWoA 3 times, I finally got some love from a dealer one town over. I was in for some major work, mentioned the trim piece and they replaced it with the metal one at no cost. Looks great. But two weeks later, I have a paint nick in it.

Hey, at least it won't crack!
      2010 CC Sport 6MT, Clear turns, Modshack Intake, Unitronic Stage 1+, RNS 510 Upgrade, 9W7(L) upgrade, 10 spkr Audio Upgrade with Amp and 10" sub.

15. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC Sport
      10-04-2012 10:54 PM #50
      Thanks to this forum and post like this when I purchased my '10 CC recently the first thing I looked for was the cracked rear piece, and sure enough there it was. I pointed it out to my salesperson and they were more then happy to take care of it.

So thanks to the O.P. and everyone that contributed to this thread.

16. n00b
      Vehicles
      2010 CC
      10-04-2012 11:30 PM #51
      Bought my certified 2010 a couple of weeks ago. Noticed that mine was cracked a couple of days later and the dealer was happy to replace it under warranty. 2 hour job with the techs sitting around shooting the breeze for at least 30 mins.
      2010 Black CC Sport. VWR drop in filter. VAGCOM mods.

10-09-2012 12:41 PM #52
      Got my black trim piece replaced this past weekend along with the ECM/TCM upgrade.

Neglected to check the car thoroughly before leaving and when I got home I checked it out a bit closer. Sloppy job by the dealer appears to have marred my paint finish. Not sure if you can make it out on the picture below, but there is an area just to the left and below the trunk lid that appears to be a more matte finish and also on the actual lid you can see it clearly. Also have a small dent along the trunk lid where they used it as a pry point. Car was brought back to the dealer yesterday and they are working on fixing. They are takingcar to their body shop and are saying they may need to wet sand/buff. But may need to repaint if does not come out 100%.

Needless to say the dealer is attempting to make it right. Service manager was rather embarassed when I showed it to him yesterday. Put me in a Passat as a loaner until it is complete.

Last edited by VdubTX; 10-09-2012 at 12:44 PM.
      2011 Reflex Silver CC Sport - 4300k HID's, DRL's off, 35% Tint, Vag-Com tweaks, Footwell lights, LED interior lights, debadged, extra bag hook, euro switch, rear fogs, fog lights retrofit LINK, clear turns.

CC Windows w/key fob & Rain Closing - LINK

10-12-2012 01:24 PM #53
      Still waiting on my car to be finished. Was called on Wednesday that is was complete, but when I went to pickup, was not 100%. Dealer is still trying to make it right. Hope to get it back today. Can't stand driving the new Passat, what a horrible car. Have been a Passat owner since 1998 when they changed they went to the B5 model. The new "Americanized" version is not for me. After my 2 years are up on my CC lease, not sure what I will do. May just go away from VW. Hard to say that after driving them for the last 20+ years.
      2011 Reflex Silver CC Sport - 4300k HID's, DRL's off, 35% Tint, Vag-Com tweaks, Footwell lights, LED interior lights, debadged, extra bag hook, euro switch, rear fogs, fog lights retrofit LINK, clear turns.

19. 10-19-2012 03:12 PM #54
      My dealership refused to fix it under warranty. They claimed I must have damaged it. I ended up being rear ended shortly later and body shop included replacement with other damage.

20. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC VR6 4Motion Executive
      10-19-2012 04:54 PM #55
      This really doesn't seem to be that complicated or expensive to replace. Removal instructions, part #s and list prices are below. You can probably get the pieces lower someplace else though.

21. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2009, VW, CC, Black
      10-20-2012 06:13 PM #56
      The first warning say's Do Not use the cutting cord to remove the rear trim. May damage the painted surfaces.
      Then it says to use the cutting cord to cut through the adhesive.
      Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
      2009 VW CC Sport 2.0T, 18" Wheels, Sport Lowering Springs

Vehicles
      2014 VW
      10-21-2012 09:57 AM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by VdubTX View Post
      Neglected to check the car thoroughly before leaving and when I got home I checked it out a bit closer. Sloppy job by the dealer appears to have marred my paint finish
      Same here on my '11 CC.

Everything looked all good and I thought some paint was missing, but the service writer said no & I went on.

Then later I cleaned up the car and noticed that they scratched the paint all along that edge/lip. Could you see it looking on top? No
      You had to look from the side & you could see the top layer of paint was gone.

Unfortunately, it was a normal tech that did it. When I asked the sales manager, he said it should've gone to the Body Shop instead

10-21-2012 11:29 AM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
      Same here on my '11 CC.

Everything looked all good and I thought some paint was missing, but the service writer said no & I went on.

Then later I cleaned up the car and noticed that they scratched the paint all along that edge/lip. Could you see it looking on top? No
      You had to look from the side & you could see the top layer of paint was gone.

Unfortunately, it was a normal tech that did it. When I asked the sales manager, he said it should've gone to the Body Shop instead
      Yup. My car ended up going to the body shop for a few days for them to fix, they had to wet sand and polish. Went to pick it up a few days after and sent it back because it wasn't perfect. All good now finally. Was not liking driving a new Passat around for the week they had it. That car is a total dog. Since 1998 we have been driving a Passat(B5,5.5,and6) and this new Americanized version fails miserably.

24. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW CC Sport Reflex Silver
      10-21-2012 12:26 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by VdubTX View Post
      Yup. My car ended up going to the body shop for a few days for them to fix, they had to wet sand and polish. Went to pick it up a few days after and sent it back because it wasn't perfect. All good now finally. Was not liking driving a new Passat around for the week they had it. That car is a total dog. Since 1998 we have been driving a Passat(B5,5.5,and6) and this new Americanized version fails miserably.
      Not to thread jack, but what is the difference between the "old" passat and the new "Americanized" passat that makes everyone so upset?
      fog light mod (almost complete). euro headlight switch, euro cup holder, 2013 CC door sills, 35% tint

10-21-2012 02:35 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by martinelles View Post
      Not to thread jack, but what is the difference between the "old" passat and the new "Americanized" passat that makes everyone so upset?
      The older Passats were German made with much better feel to the interior, over all feel and to the ride. The CC is built off the B6 Passat platform so interiors are essentially identical to the B6 Passat. Next time you are at your dealership for service, compare a American Passat to your CC, feel the dash and other interior plastics. Feel the difference in the way the doors sound/feel when closing. Test drive one and come back and let me know what difference you feel compared to your CC. Check out the trunk hinges and the trunk lid. Compare the way your CC trunk closes compared to the new Passat. You will see what I mean.

26. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC VR6 4Motion Executive
      10-21-2012 10:05 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by rocknrod View Post
      The first warning say's Do Not use the cutting cord to remove the rear trim. May damage the painted surfaces.
      Then it says to use the cutting cord to cut through the adhesive.
      Even though written kinda crappy.... I'm pretty sure they were "trying to say" (all though apparently failed) that when you're thredding the cutting cord to remove, saw in an upwards motions so you're at the top of the adhevise, and not scratching the trunk etc. like holding in a "U" around the trim piece essentially and sawing it. Albeit... they failed to say that.

Vehicles
      2014 VW
      10-23-2012 07:41 AM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by martinelles View Post
      Everything the VdubTX said

Yeah the quality of materials is totally lacking, in comparison to the CC...hence why it's $10k less.
      Road noise is more prevalent
      Lack of engines is another thing....it's either the lethargic 2.5 or gutsy 3.6 (for gas). TDI is the other option though, but that's not for me personally

28. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW CC Sport Reflex Silver
      10-23-2012 09:24 AM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by bedlamfirm714 View Post
      i guess its my turn. found a crack in mine. called up the dealer, they scheduled me to bring it in which i did yesterday. The service guy wanted to see it in person so he could order the part. I told him when I found it I researched it on the tex and he just stopped talking. Then he said he had another one just last week. No replace yet as they got to order the piece and then I have to bring it in for an all day job. They say they got to bring the car to a body shop to change it. I have a 2012 CC Sport with under 13,000 miles in Cincinnati, OH.
      are you saying he refused to work with you after you mentioned you did your homework or that he didnt need to say anything more, he knew what the issue was and went direct to the solution?
      fog light mod (almost complete). euro headlight switch, euro cup holder, 2013 CC door sills, 35% tint

Vehicles
      2010 CC Lux & 2010 Wolfsburg Tiguan 4motion
      11-22-2012 03:43 PM #64
      Obviously they have a replacement piece in metal and plastic... But how about other materials? Carbon fiber or something else?
      2010 Island Grey CC Lux W/ RNS510 + RVC & 2010 Reflex Silver Wolfsburg Tiguan 4motion W/ RNS510, RVC + Panoramic Roof

Vehicles
      2014 VW
      12-09-2012 05:08 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by TheRodfather View Post
      Obviously they have a replacement piece in metal and plastic... But how about other materials? Carbon fiber or something else?
      Not OEM

But why?
      Once you get the metal version....it won't fail again

31. 01-21-2013 04:13 PM #66
      Got my cc back from the dealer and this is the result. If i had to grade it i would grade it as C.

I dont want to be PITA for the dealer since this is second time they did it. When they did it for the first time they made some deep paint scratches (inside gap between trim and trunk) and i had to have it redone in body shop. But this is the result from the body shop....

I was trying to digest it over the weekend but i dont think i can.
      I think the gap between window and trim is too big. Also paint match is C-. Additionally (but cant prove it) made a paint chip on the edge of the trunk.

So guys what do you think? Should i take it back ? My worst fear is that they are not capable of replacing it correctly.
      Should i call VWOA? Or just sut up and dont look there anymore?

Thanks for input

This is their "paint match" Notice edge

32. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 CC Rline Candy White
      01-21-2013 04:46 PM #67
      Wow! It almost looks like the wrong paint color. Was it a VW bodyshop, or "authorized" shop?

It depends on you... if it was my car, I would have them re-spray the whole trunk lid. Make sure they do the job to your standards. Alot of shops don't. care, because it it not their car.....
      Kinda sucks....

This is my signature....

Vehicles
      2012 CC Sport 6MT
      01-21-2013 04:52 PM #68
      Yea, if they're not fitting it properly and scratching your car, either I'd get VWoA involved or just try another VW dealer. Got my car back 3 days ago from getting this fixed and this is the result. Not a scratch or blemish. Forgive it being dirty, it was that nasty frost this morning. Though it's now 56 degrees..gorgeous.

34. 01-21-2013 05:55 PM #69
      Thanks for input guys

Problem is that no other dealer will go and fix other's dealer screw-up

Second, if i ask them to repaint trunk and they "color match" it as they color matched edge that would be horrible.

35. Awaiting Email Confirmation
      Vehicles
      2013 VW Polo 6R GTI
      01-22-2013 01:32 AM #70
      I've used dental floss before to remove the outside trim on the pillars. Maybe one can also use thin Kevlar fishing line to eliminate any possible damage to the paint.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast