Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: throttle cable, how to ??

1. Member
      Vehicles
      92 GTI 16v
      06-07-2012 09:13 PM #1
      Since day 1 i am having hard times with my throttle cables, id like to get pictures of what you guys did with your 16v and webers , like how you fixed it to the pedal and any other bracket to hold it in the engine bay or in the firewall area ?? my problem is mostly that when i push the pedal its pulling both the cable and the protection over it ..

I am using the deluxe top linkage kit and the stock twin cable that comes in the kit.. id appreciate it.. thanks !
      Last edited by hantonyc; 06-07-2012 at 09:26 PM.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      79 rabbit
      06-08-2012 09:03 AM #2
      you mean the redline top mount linkage? i have that but with just the single cable. it sounds like maybe the cable jacket is either too long or too short. as far as attaching to the pedal, there is a pedal block available that attaches to the gas pedal and you then run your 2 cables through it. personally. i havent had one in my hands to see how it works out on a rabbit pedal, but it should. with my single cable, i had a friend machine what looks like a bolt out of aluminum that is the same diameter as the hole in the pedal where the old cable end fit, and of course the head on it . it passes through the pedal from the heater core side to the driver side. then, a hole is drilled through the side of it right up against the pedal and a cotter pin and washer are used to secure it to the pedal. then a hole is drilled from the end of the bolt about 1/2" through the center. than you tap some threads in it. next you drill another small hole big enough for the cable, through the side of the bolt. fit you cable through and tighten the bolt and you are set

Vehicles
      Porsche 951, 330i SpecE46, M Coupe, FFR Cobra
      06-08-2012 08:24 PM #3
      ill try and get a picture of how I did mine. I have a similar top mount kit that uses two cables and this said block that was mentioned above. I just welded it to the top of the pedal since it was steel.

By ncbrock at 2012-06-08
      Last edited by ncbrock; 06-08-2012 at 08:36 PM.