For sale is my 2006 S4 25quattro. I'm located in San Diego, CA and would prefer to sell locally but am open to the option to shipping if necessary. This 25th Anniversary Edition S4 is #15 of only 250 made. Very motivated to sell $20,000 or trade (looking at anything worthwhile) I am asking quite a bit less than I paid for it and have a bit into it since then, so please serious buyers/offers only!
This Special edition is differentiated by:
•First S4 to feature the new Torsen T-3 asymmetric ATB centre differential w/ a 40/60 front/rear torque split (maximum of 100% torque can automatically be apportioned to the rear axle).* A much better RWD-like feel. All other 06 and prior year S4's were front axle biased
- Brand New f/r Rotors with okyibono ceramic pads
- Tinited front and rear 25% I think. I'll have to look at the receipts
- Navigation (RNS-E)
- (2) Slot SD Memory Card Reader behind Nav screen
- Voice Activation Phone Dialing
- Bose premium sound system
- 6-Disk CD Changer in Glove Box
- Sirius Satellite Radio lifetime subscription
- Carbon Fiber Front Splitter & Rear Spoiler w/ “DTM” Bumpers/Rocker Moldings
- Black Pearl Painted Grille w/ Quattro Badge
- DTM Edition 18-inch 15-spoke alloy wheels
- Racing inspired rear tow hook (red in color)
- Thick Weave Carbon Fiber interior belt-line trim (same the RS4 Carbon Fiber trim)
- Adaptive/Auto Level Bi-Xenon Headlamps
- Power Glass Sunroof
- Automatic Daytime Running Lights
- Rain Sensing Wipers
- Power/Heated Front Seats
- Memory Driver Seat (4-Memory Spots)
- Auto-Dim Inside Rear view Mirror with Compass
- Power, Auto-Dim, Heated, Memory, Power Folding (Collapse) Exterior Mirrors
- Exterior Color: Avus Silver (Only available on this car, RS4. euro RS6, and Special Order from Audi) As you can see in the photo's in bright sunlight it's a medium silver and at dusk/overcast light it has a hint of blue to the silver.
- Interior Color: Hand Made and Stitched Jet Grey/Black two-tone Silk Nappa leather RECARO seats with “quattro” embossed on each seat
- I have the OEM decals that go on the front doors under the body side molding. The original owner never installed them and neither did I (personal preference).
- I have had the coilpacks replaced with the updated versions
- Always used synthetic 5W40 Oil
- have all receipts of work done
- may also include Yakima roof rack (depending on my next car)
-As of this very moment the Aux radiator has either cracked or a coolant line has come loose, I have not had a chance to pull the front bumper to figure it out. I will do that tonight, either way it will be fixed by the time of purchase.
-Also there is not a oil pan splash guard the P/O forgot to reinstall one after the build, I will be ordering a Thor skid plate to replace it in the next week or so ( San Diego roads can be very unforgiving)
- lastly the driver side bulb has been flickering the last week or so, will be fixed in the next week or so.
Story Behind the Car:
Previous owner purchased this car directly from Farmers Insurance. It was declared a total loss from mechanical damage. It did NOT have any body or physical damage. Long story short the engine was beyond opening up and attempting to repair in my opinion so went on the search for a suitable low mileage used motor. After a good amount of time searching I located an S4 motor that had less than 50k miles on it out of a stock Automatic S4 donor car. The 25quatrro S4 had 76,433 Miles on the odometer at the time of the swap. Have receipts from the motor replacement I can provide to serious buyers. As this was to be my personal car I spared no expense on the swap. While the motor was out, went ahead and had a new clutch installed, flywheel resurfaced, had the valve cover gaskets replaced, serpentine belt replaced, along with many fittings and other misc parts replaced with new parts. Pretty much everything could possibly need to replaced in the distant future (ie. the next 100k miles). It will be a long time until any significant part of the drivetrain should need servicing again. The motor runs perfectly as does the car.
Since it had been written off as a total loss by the insurance company it will have a salvage history when titled. When I picked up the car, the coolant system was bone dry and upon further inspection one of the aux radiators was cracked. What looked to be the case was the previous owner severely damaged the motor while driving without coolant and somehow got their insurance company to cover it.
The car is in excellent condition inside and out. The exception is the front bumper has quite a few stone chips (as pictured). I may have it refinished by time of purchase.
I have all documentation and pictures from when purchased from the insurance company to the motor swap and all other work performed. The car currently has 83,000 miles on the odometer. I am motivated to sell but please serious inquiries only! This is a great value for this 25Quattro S4's exclusivity and uniqueness. I do realize that its title history affects is market value and I have priced accordingly. The other thing to consider is the most critical component of this B7 S4 (the 4.2L V8 engine) only has just over 54k on it and runs like new. Run of the mill B7 A4's are at this price. Original MSRP was over $60K. I you have any questions feel free to call/Text me 847-612-6591 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pics from P/O to get an idea, I'll take pics tonight or tomorrow and post recent pics.
Thanks for looking
I forgot to add that the car comes with an optional transferable warranty that cover the drivetrain and some electrical components for an additonal 5 years and 100,000 miles from May2012 and 80,000 miles. I will post specifics once I get home and get the warranty out.
Any chance you would be willing to trade for tornado red 2004 MKIV R32 with 80k miles? It has many tasteful mods, with all of the original stock parts included, integrated radar detector, and plenty of other awesome add-ons if you're interested. Let me know what you think!