Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Aonarch's Beetle; The Saga Begins

Vehicles
      The Standard of the World | Das Auto | Feed Your Restless
      06-27-2012 12:59 PM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by TragicallyHip View Post
      You're sure someone isn't just messing with you? Is your house built on an old Indian graveyard?
      Positive. My MKVI GTI did that once.

Quote Originally Posted by UnitedGTI. View Post
      stop farting in the car and maybe it would not want to automatically air it self out!!
      Truth.
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Aonarch's Blog!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Vehicles
      '15 GTI Autobahn
      06-27-2012 01:05 PM #142
      Damn, that's kinda scary

Vehicles
      06-27-2012 01:35 PM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by vdub10golf View Post
      Damn, that's kinda scary
      Yup I have my windows taped up... Not fun.
      Aonarch's Blog!
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Vehicles
      06-27-2012 08:26 PM #144
      Spoke with VWoA, seeing about getting me in a JSW TDI 6MT.
      Aonarch's Blog!

5. 06-27-2012 09:50 PM #145
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      No Golf R or TTRS

BOT - That's good news, hope they follow through with it....

Vehicles
      Mine: '04 R32, Bagged TR '11 GTI (sold) His: '82 300d W12 '08 WRX (sold)
      06-27-2012 09:57 PM #146
      What you should have gotten in the first place. JSW!

Vehicles
      06-27-2012 10:09 PM #147
      Quote Originally Posted by Hufeisen View Post
      No Golf R or TTRS

BOT - That's good news, hope they follow through with it....
      Not going to be that guy... On the phone I was like look I've been driving VW's for many years. I love VW and I want to keep loving VWs, however I currently have one with temporary tags still on the back and plastic duct taped over my windows. They asked me what damages do you want? I said nothing except getting into another VW, but not a Beetle. JSW TDI.

Quote Originally Posted by dubb34r View Post
      What you should have gotten in the first place. JSW!
      I know, I know!
      Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      Mine: '04 R32, Bagged TR '11 GTI (sold) His: '82 300d W12 '08 WRX (sold)
      06-27-2012 10:16 PM #148
      Good luck buddy!

9. 06-27-2012 10:28 PM #149
      I love my JSW

BUT!
      Now that it's paid off I'm thinking about buying a beetle in a few months when I have a better down payment. I was on the list for the Golf R and had $1k down already, but when it came in I drove it and was not impressed. Well not 35k impressed so my buddy bought it instead. Now I want to wait for a beetle R (which will never happen) or the beetle convertible turbo which was supposed to launch in the spring and now has been pushed back until late summer early fall. With all the problems surrounding the little car I might scrap this idea all together this will be a weekend toy my JSW will still be my dd. I'm going to wait and see hopefully quality gets better.

Vehicles
      06-27-2012 10:39 PM #150
      Quote Originally Posted by dubb34r View Post
      Good luck buddy!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jedidub View Post
      I love my JSW

BUT!
      Now that it's paid off I'm thinking about buying a beetle in a few months when I have a better down payment. I was on the list for the Golf R and had $1k down already, but when it came in I drove it and was not impressed. Well not 35k impressed so my buddy bought it instead. Now I want to wait for a beetle R (which will never happen) or the beetle convertible turbo which was supposed to launch in the spring and now has been pushed back until late summer early fall. With all the problems surrounding the little car I might scrap this idea all together this will be a weekend toy my JSW will still be my dd. I'm going to wait and see hopefully quality gets better.
      Beetle is cheaper inside than the Golf platform, hard plastics. Looks great, but I am very concerned with reliability. Right now VW cannot tell me when they can fix my windows. Tomorrow I will hear from a case manager and I basically am going to insist on being put in a different model, or else I will have to go through lemon law, which I am sure hurts VW's reliability rating.
      Aonarch's Blog!

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat SE - Candy White
      06-28-2012 12:21 AM #151
      I spoke to the RCM's assistant yesterday. They offered me 1 payment or a $1500 voucher towards a new or used VW.

Today I called them back and declined the offer and informed them I will continue on with the Lemon Law procedure. Under the Lemon Law they would have to replace the vehicle or refund the purchase price. If I had taken them up on their offer, I would have lost a few thousand in trade. I am not willing to do that.

Much like you, I love VW. I want to stay in the VW family...just not in a beetle.
      Last edited by Almostirish; 06-28-2012 at 12:25 AM.

Vehicles
      2015 Audi A3 1.8T
      06-28-2012 08:50 AM #152
      Good to know, I'm waiting on a RCM's callback myself, also going to play up that this is my 3rd new VW and would love to stay in the family. Though as much as I love the Beetle on the the outside, it's build quality and what it's inside, that's not so great. Going to see if they can put me into a comparably-equipped GTI.

Vehicles
      06-28-2012 09:48 AM #153
      Quote Originally Posted by Almostirish View Post
      I spoke to the RCM's assistant yesterday. They offered me 1 payment or a $1500 voucher towards a new or used VW.

Today I called them back and declined the offer and informed them I will continue on with the Lemon Law procedure. Under the Lemon Law they would have to replace the vehicle or refund the purchase price. If I had taken them up on their offer, I would have lost a few thousand in trade. I am not willing to do that.

Much like you, I love VW. I want to stay in the VW family...just not in a beetle.
      I probably will have to do the same thing, we will see what they can offer me.

Quote Originally Posted by sonic_va View Post
      Good to know, I'm waiting on a RCM's callback myself, also going to play up that this is my 3rd new VW and would love to stay in the family. Though as much as I love the Beetle on the the outside, it's build quality and what it's inside, that's not so great. Going to see if they can put me into a comparably-equipped GTI.
      This is my 9th brand new VW, so they better accommodate me!
      Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      2015 Audi A3 1.8T
      06-28-2012 10:14 AM #154
      Damn....got me beat by a long shot!

Vehicles
      06-28-2012 10:31 AM #155
      Damn....got me beat by a long shot!
      It is crazy to see all of these cases of people trying to get out of their Beetles for the same reasons. Hopefully this will strengthen my case.
      Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      2015 Audi A3 1.8T
      06-28-2012 11:14 AM #156
      So, just got off the phone with the RCS guy. He claims I have to talk to VW Credit to move out of my lease into another car. Best I got was that same $1,500 voucher (which he said wouldn't even cover the early lease turn in fees after 6 months of having the car).

Vehicles
      06-28-2012 12:32 PM #157
      So, just got off the phone with the RCS guy. He claims I have to talk to VW Credit to move out of my lease into another car. Best I got was that same $1,500 voucher (which he said wouldn't even cover the early lease turn in fees after 6 months of having the car).
      Bogus... So you would have to pay fees?

Lemon law.
      Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      2015 Audi A3 1.8T
      06-28-2012 12:42 PM #158
      Bogus... So you would have to pay fees?

Lemon law.
      Pretty much.

Vehicles
      06-28-2012 12:53 PM #159
      Pretty much.
      Also I assume they would not refund me the dealer fees, tax, tag, title, etc? The $1500 would not cover that if I had to purchase another vehicle.
      Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      06-28-2012 05:21 PM #160
      Weird treatment by my regional case manager. She will not speak to me until the end of business today... I called fifteen minutes before and was told sorry she does not HAVE to speak to you until the end of business today... Weird.

EDIT: Update... I guess?

I was just called by VWoA, not the case manager. Basically a clerk who told me we didn't get all the information that we wanted from your dealer in time, we will call you by end of business tomorrow. I tried to keep her on the line with basic questions, but she wasn't having it.

I asked what steps they were taking and her answer was we are trying to see what you dealer did to diagnosis and repair your car. I politely responded I have all of the work order receipts they followed the TSB and then replaced the motor, pretty simple. This still doesn't help me out.
      Last edited by Aonarch; 06-28-2012 at 05:47 PM.
      Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      2015 Audi A3 1.8T
      06-28-2012 06:05 PM #161
      Sounds about the same stuff that was discussed with my rep. They kept focusing on the hatch area rattle I complained about, but glazed over my number one item in my email, the 4 trips to the dealer for the window. Dude was friendly enough...but I didn't get the answers I wanted out of him.

Vehicles
      2006 GLI and 1987 Scirocco 16V
      06-28-2012 06:14 PM #162
      Ugh. I'm betting VW is trying to cover their rear. I'm also betting they are trying to find out if your dealer was/is doing everything right and truly repairing it properly. VW has to be frustrated by all this as they want all this to stay out of the legal systems.

I wouldn't be surprised if you continue to get the cold shoulder from your dealer, the Regional, and VW itself since you've now taken this out of their hands. You just want a working car and your dealership can't seem to make this happen.* Best of luck, I'm sad to see you had to go to these measures.

*I have no idea what dealership you are working with, but many times I've seen on these forums that these types of issues do not have to do with the car itself, but with the thoroughness and knowledge of the dealership. I personally had small issues with my current GLI and with my 98 Beetle that my closest dealer always took 2 to 3 visits to fix. I switched dealers to one not anywhere near my house and guess what? They fix my car right on the first time everytime.

Vehicles
      2015 Audi A3 1.8T
      06-28-2012 06:37 PM #163
      I haven't been quick to blame the dealership since my issues seem to be the same issues many are experiencing (thank you Vortex for helping me discover that). Oh, and sorry to hijack your thread Aonarch...but hopefully the info is helping each other and any others that may be in the same boat.

Vehicles
      06-28-2012 07:34 PM #164
      Quote Originally Posted by silverspeedbuggy View Post
      Ugh. I'm betting VW is trying to cover their rear. I'm also betting they are trying to find out if your dealer was/is doing everything right and truly repairing it properly. VW has to be frustrated by all this as they want all this to stay out of the legal systems.

I wouldn't be surprised if you continue to get the cold shoulder from your dealer, the Regional, and VW itself since you've now taken this out of their hands. You just want a working car and your dealership can't seem to make this happen.* Best of luck, I'm sad to see you had to go to these measures.

*I have no idea what dealership you are working with, but many times I've seen on these forums that these types of issues do not have to do with the car itself, but with the thoroughness and knowledge of the dealership. I personally had small issues with my current GLI and with my 98 Beetle that my closest dealer always took 2 to 3 visits to fix. I switched dealers to one not anywhere near my house and guess what? They fix my car right on the first time everytime.
      Best dealer in my area. Their issue is they can't get the parts they need to fix it, meanwhile corporate gives them stupid fixes that only made my problem worse. At first it was livable, then I got the tsb, made it worse. Then I got the new motor, made it way, way worse. Now my windows are possessed, scratched, and I have tons of rattles coming from the door cards.

My main concern is they know I need one more repair attempt until my lemon law kicks in. They however cannot tell me when that repair attempt will occur, but once it does I am allowed to legally send them a final notice, which allows only 7 days (Not business days, either).

I guess I will have to wait till tomorrow and hear from them, if they still can't give me a repair time/ date; I will be forced to contact a state provided lemon law arbitrator, who will not be as nice as I am being.

I haven't been quick to blame the dealership since my issues seem to be the same issues many are experiencing (thank you Vortex for helping me discover that). Oh, and sorry to hijack your thread Aonarch...but hopefully the info is helping each other and any others that may be in the same boat.
      No, it is helping tremendously.
      Aonarch's Blog!

25. 06-28-2012 10:13 PM #165
      VAG has just announced that the engineers have determined the best resolution for the chronic window issue.

Please feel free to contact your local dealer to get the kit installed.

Vehicles
      06-28-2012 10:27 PM #166
      Quote Originally Posted by 99_XC600 View Post
      VAG has just announced that the engineers have determined the best resolution for the chronic window issue.

Aonarch's Blog!

27. 06-28-2012 11:01 PM #167
      Quote Originally Posted by 99_XC600 View Post

Actually, VW will begin to offer hand cranks as "mandatory" accessories on B12 beginning next month.

Vehicles
      06-28-2012 11:07 PM #168
      Quote Originally Posted by Cadenza_7o View Post
      Actually, VW will begin to offer hand cranks as "mandatory" accessories on B12 beginning next month.

Aonarch's Blog!

29. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat SE - Candy White
      06-28-2012 11:14 PM #169
      I sent an email to the dealer earlier this week inquring about a Passat. Today on my break, I received a call from the salesman that sold me my Beetle. I told him the issues I've been having w/ the Beetle and how unhappy I was with the vehicle. He told me to call VWoA and have the $1500 voucher reinstated and he would see what he could for me.

We made a couple of calls back and forth just to find out some basic information. He said "I"m sorry for the issues you've had, but if you buy a car from us, we want you to be absolutely happy with our car."

As of 9 PM I'm an owner of a 5 mile 2012 Passat SE. I have the same term financing and same payment as I did w/ the Beetle. I am truly amazed with VW of Orange Park. I've never dealt w/ a dealer that would do that for a customer.

Vehicles
      2015 Audi A3 1.8T
      06-29-2012 08:38 AM #170
      Thanks for your update AlmostIrish! I was actually contemplating talking to my salesperson and seeing where it went. I hadn't though because a random salesperson I talked to at the dealership wasn't really willing to work with me.

Vehicles
      06-29-2012 09:29 AM #171
      Quote Originally Posted by Almostirish View Post
      I sent an email to the dealer earlier this week inquring about a Passat. Today on my break, I received a call from the salesman that sold me my Beetle. I told him the issues I've been having w/ the Beetle and how unhappy I was with the vehicle. He told me to call VWoA and have the $1500 voucher reinstated and he would see what he could for me.

We made a couple of calls back and forth just to find out some basic information. He said "I"m sorry for the issues you've had, but if you buy a car from us, we want you to be absolutely happy with our car."

As of 9 PM I'm an owner of a 5 mile 2012 Passat SE. I have the same term financing and same payment as I did w/ the Beetle. I am truly amazed with VW of Orange Park. I've never dealt w/ a dealer that would do that for a customer.
      Congrats! I love the new Passats, especially since I am from Chattavegas.

Thanks for your update AlmostIrish! I was actually contemplating talking to my salesperson and seeing where it went. I hadn't though because a random salesperson I talked to at the dealership wasn't really willing to work with me.
      I already have a replacement vehicle picked out as well. 2012 Jetta Sportwagen. My salesman is waiting for VWoA to give me the voucher.
      Last edited by Aonarch; 06-29-2012 at 09:47 AM.
      Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      2015 Audi A3 1.8T
      06-29-2012 09:58 AM #172
      Congrats! I love the new Passats, especially since I am from Chattavegas.

I already have a replacement vehicle picked out as well. 2012 Jetta Sportwagen. My salesman is waiting for VWoA to give me the voucher.
      I have a vehicle picked out, but I don't think I'm anywhere near the process of getting it. Back to the GTI, a 2012 4-door DSG with sun & nav.

Vehicles
      06-29-2012 11:25 AM #173
      I have a vehicle picked out, but I don't think I'm anywhere near the process of getting it. Back to the GTI, a 2012 4-door DSG with sun & nav.
      I traded my GTI in and damn I wish I kept it. It is still on my dealers lot... but I would take a hit if I did that move.
      Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      06-29-2012 05:13 PM #174
      Finally my case manager called me... but nothing. She is still waiting to hear from my service manager?! I asked what exactly they were doing to fix the issue and she told me that she does not want to give me any incorrect info and that is that.

Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      06-29-2012 05:44 PM #175
      OH MY ****ING GOD. I went to a notoriously ****ty, ****ty dealer today to look at a '10 Eos 2.0T 6MT. Walk in no one gives a ****. Go to the receptionist, on a personal phone call on her cell phone. Stand there and wait. She goes hold on hold on I need to talk to this guy, asks me how she can help me. I say I need to talk to a salesman. Ok I'll grab you one... Grabs me this indian lady (No racism intended)... I mean indian lady, she cannot under stand my english I cannot understand hers. OMG.

Que Awkward introduction

Me: I AM HERE TO LOOK AT THE 2010 EOS WITH A MANUAL!
      Her: Yes
      Me: Can you point it out to me so I can look at it?
      Her: Yes.

Ackward pause... ... ...

Me: The white 2010 Eos with a manual, stick transmission?
      Her: Oh the white one?
      Me: Yes the white one with a manual.
      Her: Oh the white one with a manual. Does it have 28 miles?
      Me: What?
      Her: Oh come with me. Leads me to her office.
      Me: No I just need some one to point out where it is on the lot so I can look at it to make sure it is in good condition.
      Her: Oh yes.
      Me: ... .... .... .... .... ....

She grabs the keys. And then leads me through the service bay.

Thinking to my self: Oh it is in service right now.

She then goes through some doors and we wind up on the side of the building... We could have easily just gone through the front door and walked a few feet, but no. She had to lead us through the maze.

She: She then opens the trunk and goes oh yeah it has floor mats.
      Me: Wow... that is nice.

I then ask her for the keys and take a look. It is beat up. Dirty as ****, crap stuffed in the back, the shifter knob is brown from maybe hand lotion? Base model, yuck. 59,000 miles and it is a 2009. Same stock number they somehow just completely misadvertised it.

Me: Thanks for showing us the car, but it is too hot and I will come back when it is cooler.

She then tries a weak attempt at selling me the car.

I tell her oh no I just bought a 2012 Beetle three weeks ago. Unfortunately it is broken and VWoA is buying it back. I describe my situation as slowly and throughly as I can.

She: We can change cars for you.

Me: No you can't. VWoA will send me a voucher and there will be no dealer involvement, I just need to find the car I want.

She: You can swap cars here.

Me: What do you mean, trade my car in?

She: Yes you can trade you car in.

Me, pissed off: Listen I just bought a car. It is broken why the hell would I trade it in to you guys and loose thousands of dollars, when VWoA will just buy it back from me and write me a check for it???!

I then walk away.

Gossett VW in Alpheretta, GA.

Literally the worst VW dealer I have ever been to, all of the local Atlanta crowd agrees.

/Rant

I am not mad or upset, just amused at how terrible this dealership is.
      Aonarch's Blog!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast