Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Aonarch's Beetle; The Saga Begins

Vehicles
      The Standard of the World | Feed Your Restless
      07-12-2012 02:44 PM #246
      Quote Originally Posted by Cadenza_7o View Post
      There's no problem with the trunk. The 'thoink' you're hearing just means your Beetle met up with the Juarez Mafia before it crossed the border.

Now go look for that 20 kilo bag of hashish in the back...

I hope i get that thoink!

Sent from my iPhone 7GS.
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      07-13-2012 12:39 PM #247
      An uphappy update:

My Service Adviser just called saying my car is ready to be picked up. Ok, good. So I asked so everything is fixed? Service adviser, no, we are still waiting on some parts that we ordered to come in. Plus I know you are going through arbitration so you can just pick it up.

Well why the hell would I pick it up if it hasn't been fixed yet? I call VWoA and they said we will give you a call by the close of business today, which for them is 6:30. My dealer closes at 5:30. So basically I am being forced to pick up my car without it being repaired, unless VWoA decides to call my before I need to leave to pick up my car, which is about 3pm. I highly doubt I will get a call in time.

Then there is the issue of them "giving up" with his arbitration remark. Have you guys received a final repair notice? No. I didn't think so, so I obviously am not going through arbitration at this time... Now I might just have to and sue for damages.

3. 07-13-2012 01:40 PM #248
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      An uphappy update:

My Service Adviser just called saying my car is ready to be picked up. Ok, good. So I asked so everything is fixed? Service adviser, no, we are still waiting on some parts that we ordered to come in. Plus I know you are going through arbitration so you can just pick it up.

Well why the hell would I pick it up if it hasn't been fixed yet? I call VWoA and they said we will give you a call by the close of business today, which for them is 6:30. My dealer closes at 5:30. So basically I am being forced to pick up my car without it being repaired, unless VWoA decides to call my before I need to leave to pick up my car, which is about 3pm. I highly doubt I will get a call in time.

Then there is the issue of them "giving up" with his arbitration remark. Have you guys received a final repair notice? No. I didn't think so, so I obviously am not going through arbitration at this time... Now I might just have to and sue for damages.
      Leave the car there until it's repaired.

4. 07-13-2012 02:24 PM #249
      Quote Originally Posted by 99_XC600 View Post
      +1

What are the possible ramifications of not picking up the car?

Vehicles
      07-13-2012 04:10 PM #250
      Quote Originally Posted by 99_XC600 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Hufeisen View Post
      +1

What are the possible ramifications of not picking up the car?
      Being charged for the rental. I called VWoA and they said it is up to your dealer. I call my dealer and they said well... actually it is up to VWoA, which I agree on. So the service adviser says go ahead and pick it up, it isn't our call. Basically it was a 50/50. If I waited for VWoA to call me the dealer would be closed and I couldn't pick up my car, so if VWoA said no you need to pick up your car I would be charged for a day, my rental is the most expensive car that this Enterprise has. If I was in a Jetta loaner I would tell them to keep the car, but sadly I was in a Enterprise rental with my credit card on file. So they did not touch my driver's window.... After a huge week long battle of constant yes we will, no they said don't, yes we will, no they said no, yes your dealer will fix the window, no there isn't a fix yet, no, no, yes, no. Bottom line my window is barely operational. At the dealer to day I rolled it down and up once... Boom fail, it goes down, tried without auto up, goes down doesn't register the button sometimes, doesn't seat all the way in the frame. They also didn't touch my passenger window, they said we couldn't get it to malfunction.

le sigh

I am about to trade this in. I got it for $3k off so I bet you I could get out of it pretty easily, plus if I get VWoA to give me damages I might be ok.

I found this in my backseat, no idea where it goes. Ebay.de says it is a New Beetle center console trim. PN# 5c1863045b

Of course they didn't fill my tank and drove my car for a week, of course...
      Last edited by Aonarch; 07-13-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Vehicles
      Generic Golf R
      07-13-2012 05:49 PM #251
      The saga will soon end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      instagram: @baconfenders | Bagged APR Stage 2+ Golf R

Vehicles
      07-13-2012 05:57 PM #252
      Quote Originally Posted by RU1NED View Post
      The saga will soon end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Not really.
      Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      2011 VW TDI, DSG, Xenon, Dynaudio
      07-14-2012 09:10 AM #253
      trade that junk with 2013 cc manual, cand white, two tone interior......

Vehicles
      07-14-2012 11:22 AM #254
      Quote Originally Posted by 2011VWTDI View Post
      trade that junk with 2013 cc manual, cand white, two tone interior......
      I had a CC and I did not like it. It is just a stretched out B6 Passat, the steering sucks, long FWD wheelbase, and the seats suck.
      Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      Generic Golf R
      07-14-2012 02:03 PM #255
      Never satisfied.
      instagram: @baconfenders | Bagged APR Stage 2+ Golf R

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle, 2010 GTI, 2004 s2000
      07-14-2012 07:36 PM #256
      That trim piece goes on the passenger side of the center console up front in the footwell.

Being charged for the rental. I called VWoA and they said it is up to your dealer. I call my dealer and they said well... actually it is up to VWoA, which I agree on. So the service adviser says go ahead and pick it up, it isn't our call. Basically it was a 50/50. If I waited for VWoA to call me the dealer would be closed and I couldn't pick up my car, so if VWoA said no you need to pick up your car I would be charged for a day, my rental is the most expensive car that this Enterprise has. If I was in a Jetta loaner I would tell them to keep the car, but sadly I was in a Enterprise rental with my credit card on file. So they did not touch my driver's window.... After a huge week long battle of constant yes we will, no they said don't, yes we will, no they said no, yes your dealer will fix the window, no there isn't a fix yet, no, no, yes, no. Bottom line my window is barely operational. At the dealer to day I rolled it down and up once... Boom fail, it goes down, tried without auto up, goes down doesn't register the button sometimes, doesn't seat all the way in the frame. They also didn't touch my passenger window, they said we couldn't get it to malfunction.

le sigh

I am about to trade this in. I got it for $3k off so I bet you I could get out of it pretty easily, plus if I get VWoA to give me damages I might be ok.

I found this in my backseat, no idea where it goes. Ebay.de says it is a New Beetle center console trim. PN# 5c1863045b

Of course they didn't fill my tank and drove my car for a week, of course...

Vehicles
      07-15-2012 12:05 PM #257
      Quote Originally Posted by jwcardy View Post
      That trim piece goes on the passenger side of the center console up front in the footwell.
      Thanks. I finally found where it went and you are 100% correct.
      Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      2012 Beetle 2.0 Turbo
      07-15-2012 04:03 PM #258
      Quote Originally Posted by RU1NED View Post
      Never satisfied.
      I don't think he's being out of line or difficult. They drive the car the whole time, they should put fuel in. They take my car to fix the problem, they should at LEAST attempt to fix it.

VW is completely out of line with how they are handling this issue and its a disgrace to positive reputation they have built up in the past.

I can honestly say, this is our 1st VW and last. I will never touch another one again... This is the problem they are causing, they got the 1 time 1 shot sell with us but they will lose the repetitive business we give. We get new cars ever 3 years or so and VW just lost out on that. Not that my sale bothers them but over time with enough people, they will see what a big mistake they made.

JOe

Vehicles
      07-16-2012 09:18 AM #259
      I am a long time VW owner and I also have been shaken off VW with their customer service. It seems like it has been getting worse over the past few years.

No one beats Ford though... Wow they lost me for life, which is a bummer because I want another Mustang.
      Last edited by Aonarch; 07-16-2012 at 09:24 AM.
      Aonarch's Blog!

15. 07-17-2012 04:20 AM #260
      I am a long time VW owner and I also have been shaken off VW with their customer service. It seems like it has been getting worse over the past few years.

No one beats Ford though... Wow they lost me for life, which is a bummer because I want another Mustang.
      That doesn't sound good about Ford. I thought they shaped up and am considering a Mustang as well. Is it the quality of the car or the dealer service... or both?

Vehicles
      07-17-2012 07:39 AM #261
      That doesn't sound good about Ford. I thought they shaped up and am considering a Mustang as well. Is it the quality of the car or the dealer service... or both?
      I had one of the first 2011's (The new one) and I was plagued by the transmission problem before Ford went under fire by the media. I was treated like pure garbage by 4 dealers and one even claimed that I was drag racing... Stereotype, yes all Mustang owners go drag racing. I told them to prove it, they go we are going to measure you tires. I go ok go for it, because I haven't been drag racing. Then when they attempted the first repair they made it worse and the service manager at the dealer goes what are you talking about it is fine? Clunk, sqeeak, creak, clunk, whine... yeah that isn't normal. Oh well it is new it needs to break it...

/rant

I've only had two vehicles with ACTUAL issues, the Beetle and the '11 Mustang. VW is ok, not great, but Ford was horrifying in their customer service.
      Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      2012 2.5L Beetle, 2006 2.5L New Beetle, 1998 New Beetle
      07-17-2012 09:12 AM #262
      I'm sorry to hear that. This is my 3rd VW over the course of about 14 years and they have been nothing but "top-notch" to me.
      "Just look at those wheels!"

18. 07-17-2012 08:21 PM #263
      I had one of the first 2011's (The new one) and I was plagued by the transmission problem before Ford went under fire by the media. I was treated like pure garbage by 4 dealers and one even claimed that I was drag racing... Stereotype, yes all Mustang owners go drag racing. I told them to prove it, they go we are going to measure you tires. I go ok go for it, because I haven't been drag racing. Then when they attempted the first repair they made it worse and the service manager at the dealer goes what are you talking about it is fine? Clunk, sqeeak, creak, clunk, whine... yeah that isn't normal. Oh well it is new it needs to break it...

/rant

I've only had two vehicles with ACTUAL issues, the Beetle and the '11 Mustang. VW is ok, not great, but Ford was horrifying in their customer service.
      Wow... in what part of the country do you live? And I assume you're talking about the manual tranny, right?

Vehicles
      07-17-2012 09:38 PM #264
      Wow... in what part of the country do you live? And I assume you're talking about the manual tranny, right?
      Atlanta.
      Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      Mine: '04 R32, Bagged TR '11 GTI (sold) His: '08 WRX (sold)
      07-17-2012 11:23 PM #265
      Scottland.
      BRADA WHEELS

Vehicles
      2012 Beetle Turbo /2011 Boxster Spyder
      07-18-2012 07:04 AM #266
      Atlanta.

What is the name of your dealer? Want to make sure I avoid going there. Thanks
      2012 Beetle Turbo/Platinum Grey Metallic
      Gloss Black Racing Stripes/Turbo Side Stripe
      Sunroof/Premium Fender Sound System
      Carbonio Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake Stage II
      APR Stage 1 ECU Tune/Rear Deck APR badging

Vehicles
      07-18-2012 01:31 PM #267
      Quote Originally Posted by dubb34r View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cbugrun View Post
      What is the name of your dealer? Want to make sure I avoid going there. Thanks
      Gunther.

Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      12' Golf R
      07-21-2012 04:33 AM #268
      Damn, just read through this, hope it works out.
      Need Vag-Com in Eastern Nebraska and Western Iowa? Send me a PM.

Instagram @smokey_llama

Vehicles
      07-21-2012 01:46 PM #269
      Quote Originally Posted by Smoky_Llama View Post
      Damn, just read through this, hope it works out.
      Thanks, but it looks like it is not.
      Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      07-22-2012 03:27 PM #270
      My driver's seat is squeaking again.

My passenger seat belt light came on again.

My passenger window just had the window issue same as the driver's side.

I went to Car Max yesterday curious if I could actually come out even since I bought it $2500 under invoice. Ready for it? They offered me $14,000 for a one month old Beetle with an MSRP of $20,000. Yikes!!!
      Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      MKIII VR6, Tiguan SEL
      07-22-2012 06:46 PM #271
      My driver's seat is squeaking again.

My passenger seat belt light came on again.

My passenger window just had the window issue same as the driver's side.

I went to Car Max yesterday curious if I could actually come out even since I bought it $2500 under invoice. Ready for it? They offered me $14,000 for a one month old Beetle with an MSRP of $20,000. Yikes!!!
      take it and run... lol. Sucks dude!
      -=MyMK3=-

IG: @Kellen_

27. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 beetle 2.5
      07-22-2012 07:31 PM #272
      Just found a replica spoiler on Carid.com

http://www.carid.com/2012-volkswagen...tml#prodReview
      I ordered this spoiler, and had my local body shop put it on for $100.00 , thee only thing they didn't do was seal the screws, and my door had a little water in it after a rain storm, so, Of course I fixed it. But it looks great, I will post a pic as soon as I can, but it looks exactly as the picture shows, next are rally stripes since they couldn't do it because they had to trim them.

Vehicles
      2012 2.5L Beetle, 2006 2.5L New Beetle, 1998 New Beetle
      07-22-2012 07:51 PM #273
      Aonarch: My driver's seat is squeaking again. [Try tightening the tracks down. I believe you will need a Torx driver. Also, if you can isolate exactly where the noise is coming from, try spraying some white lithium grease on it.]

My passenger seat belt light came on again. [Was there anything on the seat? I noticed it when I had a grocery bag on it.]

My passenger window just had the window issue same as the driver's side. [Problem was always there, you likely do not use that window as often. We are all still waiting on the fix for this.]

"Just look at those wheels!"

Vehicles
      07-22-2012 08:21 PM #274
      Quote Originally Posted by the beet View Post
      Aonarch: My driver's seat is squeaking again. [Try tightening the tracks down. I believe you will need a Torx driver. Also, if you can isolate exactly where the noise is coming from, try spraying some white lithium grease on it.]

My passenger seat belt light came on again. [Was there anything on the seat? I noticed it when I had a grocery bag on it.]

My passenger window just had the window issue same as the driver's side. [Problem was always there, you likely do not use that window as often. We are all still waiting on the fix for this.]

The seat is from broken clips.

Nothing on the seat, VW also saw the problem but of course they didn't attempt to fix it.

I rolled them down equally.
      Aonarch's Blog!

30. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle in Toffee Brown
      07-23-2012 11:09 AM #275
      My passenger window is acting up as well.

Vehicles
      07-23-2012 01:09 PM #276
      Quote Originally Posted by jpitzer4 View Post
      I ordered this spoiler, and had my local body shop put it on for $100.00 , thee only thing they didn't do was seal the screws, and my door had a little water in it after a rain storm, so, Of course I fixed it. But it looks great, I will post a pic as soon as I can, but it looks exactly as the picture shows, next are rally stripes since they couldn't do it because they had to trim them.
      If I keep the car I'm getting it. I'd probably get it professionally installed as well, that is one thing that I do not want to screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by 98DUB View Post
      take it and run... lol. Sucks dude!
      No thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by katie78 View Post
      My passenger window is acting up as well.
      Mine has rolled itself down three times since day 1. I would come out to my car and the window would be in the post-pinch protection state, aka about 2" from the bottom.
      Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      07-23-2012 01:35 PM #277
      Just saw the Black Book trade in is $17,215 and since VWoA is giving me at least one payment I actually would come out on top if I traded it in right now. I am trying to find a dealer, who will give me Black Book or at least $17,000. I think that is do-able.
      Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      Mine: '04 R32, Bagged TR '11 GTI (sold) His: '08 WRX (sold)
      07-23-2012 02:11 PM #278
      You figure out what you're getting next?
      BRADA WHEELS

34. Administrator jamie@vwvortex's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      2012 SuperBeetle, 2012 Jetta GLI, Ducati Multistrada 1200, Triumph Bonneville
      07-23-2012 05:11 PM #279
      Do me a favor and email me (jamie at vwvortex dot com) with your whole story on the car and what you've been through. I'm assuming you've call the customer service line (800 number) and have a case file number, but if you don't, call them and get one. Send me your VIN number as well with contact info. I'll forward it to my contacts at VWoA and we'll get this whole thing resolved one way or another.

Sorry for all your problems. I'm sure VW wants to make it right. Gunther has traditionally always had a very good reputation as far as dealers go.

-jamie

Vehicles
      07-23-2012 06:23 PM #280
      Quote Originally Posted by dubb34r View Post
      You figure out what you're getting next?

A used out of warranty Mazda, where I am the only one responsible to fix any issue, but since it is a Mazda I doubt that will be a frequent event.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie@vwvortex View Post
      Do me a favor and email me (jamie at vwvortex dot com) with your whole story on the car and what you've been through. I'm assuming you've call the customer service line (800 number) and have a case file number, but if you don't, call them and get one. Send me your VIN number as well with contact info. I'll forward it to my contacts at VWoA and we'll get this whole thing resolved one way or another.

Sorry for all your problems. I'm sure VW wants to make it right. Gunther has traditionally always had a very good reputation as far as dealers go.

-jamie
      Thank you for your offer. I just sent you an email.

-Alexander
      Aonarch's Blog!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast