Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Aonarch's Beetle; The Saga Begins

Vehicles
      Mine: 'Bagged 04 R32, Sold: Bagged '11 GTI, '01 Jetta His: '09 VR6 4MO CC, '82 400D, Sold: '08 WRX
      06-29-2012 06:04 PM #176
      That place is a joke. Always has been.

2. 06-29-2012 07:00 PM #177
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post

I am not mad or upset, just amused at how terrible this dealership is.
      Him: Yes.

I hope VWoA comes through for you soon. I'm now officially too worried about glitches to get a Beetle. I'll wait until the next generation rolls out and give it a few months.

06-29-2012 08:27 PM #178
      Quote Originally Posted by dubb34r View Post
      That place is a joke. Always has been.
      Such a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by chanagram View Post
      Him: Yes.

I hope VWoA comes through for you soon. I'm now officially too worried about glitches to get a Beetle. I'll wait until the next generation rolls out and give it a few months.
      Waiting for the second year is always the better bet.
      Butler Tires & Wheels
      HRE | Savini | Lexani | Forgiato | BBS | Rotiform | RBP | Niche | TSW | Lorinser | Fuel | Black Rhino | Dub| Foose | US Mags | American Force | Vossen | Rennen | Beyern | Brambus | OZ | Enkei | Cray | Conventry | Michelin | Pirelli | Toyo | Procomp | H&R | Corsa | Borla | Eibach | Hotchkis | Remus | Akrapovič

06-30-2012 04:05 PM #179

Random encounter.
      Butler Tires & Wheels
      HRE | Savini | Lexani | Forgiato | BBS | Rotiform | RBP | Niche | TSW | Lorinser | Fuel | Black Rhino | Dub| Foose | US Mags | American Force | Vossen | Rennen | Beyern | Brambus | OZ | Enkei | Cray | Conventry | Michelin | Pirelli | Toyo | Procomp | H&R | Corsa | Borla | Eibach | Hotchkis | Remus | Akrapovič

5. 07-01-2012 01:59 AM #180
      Plat Grey looks classic on the B12.

07-01-2012 11:38 AM #181
      Quote Originally Posted by Cadenza_7o View Post
      Plat Grey looks classic on the B12.
      Definitely a good color.
      Butler Tires & Wheels

07-01-2012 05:34 PM #182
      Went on a 200 mile trip in the Beetle today... Extremely disappointed.

My drivers seat and my door panel creak and squeak.

My selt belt warning light randomly kept coming on beeping... Super annoying. Absolutely nothing in the interior of my car minus my own person.

The deck lid in the rear kept squeaking.

Window noise above 70 mph.

A/C issues. Basically sometimes if I set it in-between feet and chest it doesn't blow hard, so I have to turn it 360 until it does.

Same old window issues.

Rough ride on ok highway, due to the rear beam.

Engaging reverse is never certain, sometimes it even makes a very loud clunk.

This thing is a huge POS.

I am trying to stay positive, so yesterday I spent 4 hours detailing it by hand.
      Butler Tires & Wheels

Vehicles
      2012 2.5L Beetle, 2006 2.5L New Beetle, 1998 New Beetle
      07-01-2012 08:08 PM #183

Watch out for the dealer leaving your shipping blocks on and your access panels loose.
      Well... whatta'ya'know, I just checked mine and they left the rubber block on my driver-side coil-over. Should I also check the rear shocks or is that just a front suspension thing?
      "Just look at those wheels!"

07-01-2012 09:05 PM #184
      Quote Originally Posted by the beet View Post
      Well... whatta'ya'know, I just checked mine and they left the rubber block on my driver-side coil-over. Should I also check the rear shocks or is that just a front suspension thing?
      Just the front.

That is messed up.
      Butler Tires & Wheels

Vehicles
      NC Miata MKVI GTI e34
      07-01-2012 10:32 PM #185
      I keep watching your thread hoping for some good news about the car and more importantly your situation is solved in the best possible manner. Maybe I am a bit naive in my thoughts, but I really thought VW would be able to bring the Beetle to the market without major issues.

Vehicles
      2011 GTI / RWD S10 / 2008 Honda Accord Coupe V6 w/Navi
      07-01-2012 11:31 PM #186

My selt belt warning light randomly kept coming on beeping... Super annoying. Absolutely nothing in the interior of my car minus my own person.

A/C issues. Basically sometimes if I set it in-between feet and chest it doesn't blow hard, so I have to turn it 360 until it does.

Same old window issues.

I am trying to stay positive, so yesterday I spent 4 hours detailing it by hand.

Not sure if 2012 beetle or mk4 gti

Sorry bud
      OEM+ l ORT

07-01-2012 11:43 PM #187
      Quote Originally Posted by Hufeisen View Post
      I keep watching your thread hoping for some good news about the car and more importantly your situation is solved in the best possible manner. Maybe I am a bit naive in my thoughts, but I really thought VW would be able to bring the Beetle to the market without major issues.
      I know. Plus I have a late build date 03/12... I would expect all the issues to have been worked out by then.

Quote Originally Posted by shankys_14 View Post
      Not sure if 2012 beetle or mk4 gti

Sorry bud

My MKIV was fine!
      Butler Tires & Wheels

13. 07-02-2012 08:05 PM #188

Same old window issues.

Mini Coopers have the similar problem with rattles and squeaking body panels, especially the convertible due to increased body flex. A few owners have removed the panels, dashboards and used Durapore tape on all mating surfaces. Problem solved.

Vehicles
      2015 Audi A3 1.8T
      07-02-2012 10:10 PM #189
      Aonarch - I'm trying to stay positive too. Other things in life are keeping much to busy to pursue any more action with the Beetle at the moment. My window has actually been working 99% of the time since the last service visit (just jinxed myself)...but that rattle/thunk in the rear half of the car is annoying to the bone, and frankly embarrassing when I have others in my "new" car. Oh, and I'm with you on the wind noise, that was the first thing I noticed after coming from what seems now, a much more refined 2010 GTI.

That being said, I still loved the fact a guy in a Porsche Panamera was giving the Turbo the once over while stuck in traffic today and giving me a thumbs up.

07-02-2012 10:36 PM #190
      Quote Originally Posted by sonic_va View Post
      Aonarch - I'm trying to stay positive too. Other things in life are keeping much to busy to pursue any more action with the Beetle at the moment. My window has actually been working 99% of the time since the last service visit (just jinxed myself)...but that rattle/thunk in the rear half of the car is annoying to the bone, and frankly embarrassing when I have others in my "new" car. Oh, and I'm with you on the wind noise, that was the first thing I noticed after coming from what seems now, a much more refined 2010 GTI.

That being said, I still loved the fact a guy in a Porsche Panamera was giving the Turbo the once over while stuck in traffic today and giving me a thumbs up.
      Lol nice. Yeah this is embarassing. I took a co-worker to lunch and creak, rattle, wind noise, windows didn't roll up... I just sighed.
      Butler Tires & Wheels

07-03-2012 09:27 AM #191
      Just spoke with my service adviser. As some have already pointed out. VW's cure to the window issue is to simply not use your windows, or each time you use your windows to reset the motors. So he told me we cannot fix your windows...

WTF

I will definitely be calling my attorney on this one. Power windows are a standard feature of the vehicle, and should work properly.
      Butler Tires & Wheels

Vehicles
      Mine: 'Bagged 04 R32, Sold: Bagged '11 GTI, '01 Jetta His: '09 VR6 4MO CC, '82 400D, Sold: '08 WRX
      07-03-2012 09:35 AM #192
      wow, good luck with that mess.

Vehicles
      Generic Golf R
      07-03-2012 10:58 AM #193
      ib4jsw
      instagram: @baconfenders | CCW | Bagged APR Stage 2+ Golf R

Vehicles
      '15 GTI Autobahn
      07-03-2012 11:06 AM #194
      Just spoke with my service adviser. As some have already pointed out. VW's cure to the window issue is to simply not use your windows, or each time you use your windows to reset the motors. So he told me we cannot fix your windows...

WTF

I will definitely be calling my attorney on this one. Power windows are a standard feature of the vehicle, and should work properly.
      That's insane, I can't believe how stupid Volkswagen is being with this issue. Such a small issue that an easy fix could be to just disable and stop putting Pinch Protection on these. I actually got pretty aggravated last night because I was in a shady neighborhood at an ATM and really didn't want to get mugged because my damn window wouldn't go up pulling out of the bank with all that cash on me...haha. But I guess I could just not use my windows

07-03-2012 11:50 AM #195
      Quote Originally Posted by dubb34r View Post
      wow, good luck with that mess.

Quote Originally Posted by RU1NED View Post
      ib4jsw

Quote Originally Posted by vdub10golf View Post
      That's insane, I can't believe how stupid Volkswagen is being with this issue. Such a small issue that an easy fix could be to just disable and stop putting Pinch Protection on these. I actually got pretty aggravated last night because I was in a shady neighborhood at an ATM and really didn't want to get mugged because my damn window wouldn't go up pulling out of the bank with all that cash on me...haha. But I guess I could just not use my windows
      Just drafted a letter to the State Prosecutor for the Governor's Consumer Protection department. Sent them the formal complaint letter and copies of all my service records. It will take them about 2-4 weeks with the holiday to sort all this mess out.
      Butler Tires & Wheels

Vehicles
      2012 2.5L Beetle, 2006 2.5L New Beetle, 1998 New Beetle
      07-04-2012 11:44 AM #196
      I know. Plus I have a late build date 03/12... I would expect all the issues to have been worked out by then.
      Aonarch,

I am sorry to hear you are having so many issues with your Beetle. Mine is an earlier build: 7/11 (if I can assume the date inside the driver's side door is correct). Yet, other than the window issues, have not had very many problems w/mine.

Guess it's the luck of the draw...

Please keep us posted on the outcome.
      "Just look at those wheels!"

07-04-2012 12:03 PM #197
      Quote Originally Posted by the beet View Post
      Aonarch,

I am sorry to hear you are having so many issues with your Beetle. Mine is an earlier build: 7/11 (if I can assume the date inside the driver's side door is correct). Yet, other than the window issues, have not had very many problems w/mine.

Guess it's the luck of the draw...

Please keep us posted on the outcome.
      Butler Tires & Wheels

07-06-2012 08:12 AM #198
      Final repair attempt is today.

Does anyone else's drivers seat squeak and creak? I am 6'2" 180 lbs, so not a huge guy.
      Butler Tires & Wheels

Vehicles
      2015 Audi A3 1.8T
      07-06-2012 08:29 AM #199
      No seat creaking and I'm about the same build. My window has been working pretty flawlessly, but man, that rear hatch rattle gets a little more annoying everyday.

07-06-2012 08:37 AM #200
      Quote Originally Posted by sonic_va View Post
      No seat creaking and I'm about the same build. My window has been working pretty flawlessly, but man, that rear hatch rattle gets a little more annoying everyday.
      My seat just started squeaking about a week ago. My rear hatch is getting louder as well. They hatch started out making noises on OK roads (Not great or good), but now it is becoming more trouble-some. My window has been working a lot better randomly. However, I say that and boom one time it will really fight me to go back up. I'd say it is now a 20% of the time issue, but sometimes it is really bad.

Oh also my glove box was molded incorrectly. It does not line up at all, reminds me of a Ford Ranger.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast