Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: GT3071R whts my best A/R and trim. what do U run?

1. 06-08-2012 11:23 PM #1
      So i want to get a GT3071R. but i also want the quickest spooling i can get out of the GT3071R.

So whats the quickest spooling GT3071R and what are the limitations of that setup?

my thoughts were.

57trim
      .48 A/R T3 4 Bolt housing
      3.00" inlet and 2" outlet (Alternate compact housing used on 2871R)

but i have no idea what HP i would get out of this. any one know?
      I'm Phat cause I'm force fed.

2. 06-08-2012 11:24 PM #2

Vehicles
      1984 GLi 20v, '13 335is, '85 Golf, '10 Ninja
      06-09-2012 12:52 AM #3
      fuk apt.

get with arnold of pagparts. get his billet full on gt3071r and go full tilt and get his SS vband setup and get his new custom .72 housing. fast spool, grreeaatt midrange and mor ethan enough power for a street car.

:HOMEGROWN MOTORSPORTS:1:4.9 SuaSponte #13Dead Rabbits. Ungluck on IG
      Quote Originally Posted by frechem View Post
      I like my women how I like my whiskey; aged 18 years and mixed up with coke.
      GTS Dealer.MK!forLife

06-09-2012 07:04 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta Gti View Post
      fuk apt.

get with arnold of pagparts. get his billet full on gt3071r and go full tilt and get his SS vband setup and get his new custom .72 housing. fast spool, grreeaatt midrange and mor ethan enough power for a street car.

^^x2 You won't regret it.
      APR Stage 3071R+

Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      06-09-2012 08:00 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by taverncustoms View Post
      don't get a .48a/r for your gt3071. that don't even sound right lol
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

6. 06-09-2012 10:13 AM #6
      fuk apt.

^^^^this guy knows.
      Quote Originally Posted by gdoggmoney View Post
      There's been too much butt sniffing before this dog fight.
      PagPartsTurbo www.speeding-g60.com INTEGRATEDengineering

7. 06-09-2012 07:33 PM #7
      fuk apt.

i thought billet spooled slower and wouldent 48 & 63 spool faster just loose top end power? and SS and vband have nothing to do with spool or HP. inless the polish the inside of the snail too and this is not a street car but an auto-X car hence the need for qwick spool.

Vehicles
      2003 GTI
      06-09-2012 08:01 PM #8
      i thought billet spooled slower and wouldent 48 & 63 spool faster just loose top end power? and SS and vband have nothing to do with spool or HP. inless the polish the inside of the snail too and this is not a street car but an auto-X car hence the need for qwick spool.
      In general billet spools faster, higher ar means more top end, v-band is less prone to leak, the ss manifold is a good high flowing and reliable unit.

Everything you have been told thus far will produce big power, reliably. As stated stay as far away from ATP as possible and choose something proven to be reliable.
      CTS gt3071r and more

9. 06-09-2012 08:25 PM #9
      Autocross? Id go for one of the smaller Borg Warner EFR series turbos, with pag hardware. Click the link in my sig

Vehicles
      996/A6 Avant
      06-09-2012 08:26 PM #10
      fuk apt.

I have this entire setup on order. So excited for it, just hearing you talk about it made my pants move.

Vehicles
      06-09-2012 09:50 PM #11
      my billet 3071, with cams and large port his 20@3400 and shoots right past. i can be 30psi by 3700. that is explosive sir. the torque is gnarly, smaller will make it more explosive in onset.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
      GTS Dealer.MK!forLife

12. 06-09-2012 11:03 PM #12
      my billet 3071, with cams and large port his 20@3400 and shoots right past. i can be 30psi by 3700. that is explosive sir. the torque is gnarly, smaller will make it more explosive in onset.

the faster i reach full bost 21-23psi the better IMO im really tempted to go .48 AR and use a 60mm wastegate to help with exhaust flow and boost creep. after all you can always buy another housing...BTW im using a custom manifold full race sch40 ramhorn so im good there. and im building a full 3" turbo back as soon as i get the turbo... my only concern is how much power up top can the .48ar make? does any one know? has any one ever tried it? or is it concensus that the .48 is bad with out ever giving it a try?

13. 06-09-2012 11:17 PM #13
      If spool is high on your priority list; why go tubular? Tubular manifolds move the powerband further to the right.

14. 06-10-2012 12:25 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by *+NEIL*+DIAMOND*+ View Post
      If spool is high on your priority list; why go tubular? Tubular manifolds move the powerband further to the right.
      Cause it was Cheeper to make then buying a cast manifold and it's a short ram so should help with spool more then hurt

15. 06-10-2012 12:39 AM #15
      Cause it was Cheeper to make then buying a cast manifold and it's a short ram so should help with spool more then hurt
      Meh.. still gonna move the curve to the right. I personally wouldn't be looking at a t3 based Turbo for Autocross. Frankenturbo or a gt28 would be my choice. You literally need INSTANT boost. From what VegetaGti has posted about the smaller EFR turbo's; maybe one of those would suit your needs.

If we were talking road course; id say you could get away with a t3 based Turbo. MADMAX who used to post on here is a champion Autocross guy, and he concentrated on maximizing the factory ko4-2xx in his tt.

Just my opinion here. Take it with a grain of salt

16. 06-10-2012 03:59 AM #16
      I'm just looking for Simone who acttuly used the .48 A/R gt3071r

Vehicles
      06-10-2012 05:03 AM #17
      i will post when i get home on my laptop

GTS Dealer.MK!forLife

Vehicles
      996/A6 Avant
      06-10-2012 12:22 PM #18

What cr are you running? Those numbers are mouth watering. My setup will be a 2.0l 10:1, if I could get anywhere near that I would be extremely happy.

Vehicles
      05 PTE-6057 GLI
      06-10-2012 12:32 PM #19
      I'm just looking for Simone who acttuly used the .48 A/R gt3071r
      A buddy of mine has the T3 .48 3071R , makes 380 whp on 25 psi on 93 octane, using Maestro. 100% stock head, and stock Intake manifold. I will try to have him post or pm you a dyno sheet. I personally am not a fan of using a .48 a/r but thats what he wanted, and it does spool VERY quick. Spooled quicker then my T25 3071 .64 used to.
      05 Jetta GLI 1.8T (E-85)10.63@139
      USPMotorsports
      Eurodyne
      Pagparts

20. 06-10-2012 01:09 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by 3071R-GLI View Post
      A buddy of mine has the T3 .48 3071R , makes 380 whp on 25 psi on 93 octane, using Maestro. 100% stock head, and stock Intake manifold. I will try to have him post or pm you a dyno sheet. I personally am not a fan of using a .48 a/r but thats what he wanted, and it does spool VERY quick. Spooled quicker then my T25 3071 .64 used to.
      thank you.

do you know what type of turbo manifold, wastegate and the size of exhaust he's running?

Vehicles
      06-10-2012 03:52 PM #21
      you don't need a 60mm wg. a 38mm is completely fine.

yes you can make 380, but i am sure this was on meth. it def took some tuning.

i would say that your not exactly looking for a 400whp car.

i would go gtx2860, stock intake mani, 65mmtb, get a solid front mount, good engine mounts, 38mm wg set to 10psi or higher, solid meth setup. smallport, rods, and a nice sofware provider. with this you will have the spool you desire, the ability to crank the boost and make that 350+, and room for growth with bolt ons like cams, intake manifold, head work and building,etc.
      GTS Dealer.MK!forLife

Vehicles
      05 PTE-6057 GLI
      06-10-2012 04:14 PM #22
      thank you.

do you know what type of turbo manifold, wastegate and the size of exhaust he's running?
      sent you a PM
      05 Jetta GLI 1.8T (E-85)10.63@139
      USPMotorsports
      Eurodyne
      Pagparts

23. 06-12-2012 11:45 AM #23
      you don't need a 60mm wg. a 38mm is completely fine.

yes you can make 380, but i am sure this was on meth. it def took some tuning.

i would say that your not exactly looking for a 400whp car.

i would go gtx2860, stock intake mani, 65mmtb, get a solid front mount, good engine mounts, 38mm wg set to 10psi or higher, solid meth setup. smallport, rods, and a nice sofware provider. with this you will have the spool you desire, the ability to crank the boost and make that 350+, and room for growth with bolt ons like cams, intake manifold, head work and building,etc.
      Been following this thread in background and was reluctant to post because Tavern seems to be set on using a somewhat big turbo. My personal opinion is that a 28 series turbo is as far as I'd venture out for the purpose of the build.

The problem I have with these, although they make good numbers, is where peak TQ is located. With the entent to autocross, you can almost forget about HP figures and only focus on early TQ to get you out of slow corners without falling out of the powerband. IMO, which is based on a lot of experience in the sport, if you can't have peak TQ available by 3200 rpm (the latest) on a 6 speed transmission, you have failed on an autocross car (by the time the power comes you could be at the next braking zone).

Even with extra displacement helping off boost power, you still need that early TQ or you're in trouble in autocross. The best analogy I can find is "you need to have your BT setup behave like a K03".

My 2 cents!

24. 06-12-2012 11:58 AM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Aurelius View Post
      Been following this thread in background and was reluctant to post because Tavern seems to be set on using a somewhat big turbo. My personal opinion is that a 28 series turbo is as far as I'd venture out for the purpose of the build.

The problem I have with these, although they make good numbers, is where peak TQ is located. With the entent to autocross, you can almost forget about HP figures and only focus on early TQ to get you out of slow corners without falling out of the powerband. IMO, which is based on a lot of experience in the sport, if you can't have peak TQ available by 3200 rpm (the latest) on a 6 speed transmission, you have failed on an autocross car (by the time the power comes you could be at the next braking zone).

Even with extra displacement helping off boost power, you still need that early TQ or you're in trouble in autocross. The best analogy I can find is "you need to have your BT setup behave like a K03".

My 2 cents!
      X2

Vehicles
      06-12-2012 02:41 PM #25
      completely agree.

i don't think the OP has a clue what he is wishing for, needing or wanting.

perhaps frankenturbo
      GTS Dealer.MK!forLife

Vehicles
      03 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      06-12-2012 02:54 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Aurelius View Post

My 2 cents!
      Hence why F4T would probably be his best choice. With cams and w/m he would do a lot better than with a BT
      Quote Originally Posted by emmettlodge View Post
      I said dance bitch. Dance.

27. 06-12-2012 04:32 PM #27
      ^^^Not a lot of cam options for KKK frame turbos other then an intake cam. Every company I called(that I was interested in) didn't recommend cams their cams for smaller frame turbos.
      I agree with the WMI 100%
      If I were the OP I would give the F23 a shot.

Vehicles
      03 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      06-12-2012 04:42 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Twopnt016v View Post
      ^^^Not a lot of cam options for KKK frame turbos other then an intake cam. Every company I called(that I was interested in) didn't recommend cams their cams for smaller frame turbos.
      I agree with the WMI 100%
      If I were the OP I would give the F23 a shot.
      Ah good point... Didn't think about that too much. But for AutoX the Frankenturbo would still be a beautiful upgrade.
      Quote Originally Posted by emmettlodge View Post
      I said dance bitch. Dance.

29. 06-12-2012 04:57 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by FACTORYBOOST View Post
      Ah good point... Didn't think about that too much. But for AutoX the Frankenturbo would still be a beautiful upgrade.
      No doubt
      I have a frankenturbo/wmi car and I go to the track all the time with the BMW crew next door to me and those e46 m3 guys always get salty

Vehicles
      06-12-2012 06:08 PM #30
      completely agree.

i don't think the OP has a clue what he is wishing for, needing or wanting.

perhaps frankenturbo
      this, this is another one of those "i want a big turbo with no lag" threads
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

31. 06-12-2012 06:12 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post
      this, this is another one of those "i want a big turbo with no lag" threads
      Tom.. you can have a gt30xx Turbo setup with zero lag

If you bolt it to a vr6:p

Vehicles
      06-12-2012 06:14 PM #32
      i dont see much lag..**** i drive my roommates stg2 20th and it isnt far behind..it spools instantly but doesn't make power instantly..where as ours cars make power out fo boost and in boost.

btw my comp tests out to 9.5:1
      GTS Dealer.MK!forLife

Vehicles
      06-12-2012 06:31 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by *+NEIL*+DIAMOND*+ View Post
      Tom.. you can have a gt30xx Turbo setup with zero lag

If you bolt it to a vr6:p

Vehicles
      2008 VW R32, 2004 Passat GLS 4motion (Sold), 1995 Passat GLX (Sold), 1994 Jetta 8v ITB'ed (Sold)
      06-12-2012 06:54 PM #34
      If you want something that spools quick get a GT2871R with a .64a/r T25 housing.

35. 06-12-2012 06:55 PM #35
      i dont see much lag..**** i drive my roommates stg2 20th and it isnt far behind..it spools instantly but doesn't make power instantly..where as ours cars make power out fo boost and in boost.

btw my comp tests out to 9.5:1
      Chris. Im not arguing against the inherent quick spool of a properly setup gt3071; however it still ain't quick enough for Autocross. Road course? Yep.. street? All day long. On an Autocross track you'd be slower than a dialed in ko3/4-xxx series.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast