Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's here your exhaust.

Vehicles
      mkv
      06-13-2012 05:55 PM #36
      i think my exhaust sounds pretty decent.the set up is a eurojet catback paired with SRI and upgraded mounts. makes it sound nice and throaty with a litlle gargle when you let off the pedal.
      i took a few videos last night and this morning, but its hard to hear with my camera, video needs to be played at full volume, i need a go pro to give my car some justice lol.

im surprised thygreyt has not posted in here. his jetta sounds mean as hell also

Vehicles
      Jetta VI 2.5L
      06-13-2012 05:55 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by itskohler View Post
      Welcome to the forums, please leave you purse at the door.

Don't post something and expect everything you get in return to be positive. You subject yourself to criticism the moment you put something online, for all to see, whether good or bad. Get over it, its just the forums anyways. If you get bothered by someone stating an opinion, you should leave the tex forums and go to some other less serious forum.
      Vortex is serious?....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3. Member
      Vehicles
      10' Golf Mk6 2.5 MT
      06-13-2012 06:01 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by nickbeezy View Post
      i think my exhaust sounds pretty decent.the set up is a eurojet catback paired with SRI and upgraded mounts. makes it sound nice and throaty with a litlle gargle when you let off the pedal.
      i took a few videos last night and this morning, but its hard to hear with my camera, video needs to be played at full volume, i need a go pro to give my car some justice lol.

im surprised thygreyt has not posted in here. his jetta sounds mean as hell also
      go pros don't sound great either but it is certainly rugged
      5 cylinder FTW

Vehicles
      2013 Golf
      06-13-2012 06:11 PM #39
      I'll 2nd the suckiness of GoPro Audio.
      Currently I'm bone stock & broke, but I did buy a GTI muffler & rear valance.
      The plan is to ditch the stock muffler at some point down the road & replace it with something sportier. Maybe just add a Borla muffler to the stock GTI setup.
      2.5L...BFI...UniBrace...TyrolSport...IE...UM

Vehicles
      1999 VR6 Jetta
      06-13-2012 06:12 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by The Dust Bunny View Post
      That's what I'm running. It sounds pretty good. I love it.

This sounds pretty good. I love this. May I ask a price?
      read all about it here
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...pic-intensive)

(there are pictures of my recent addition on the last page as well)

$470 was the total
      For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.
      -- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Vehicles
      2009 Jetta S 2.5 *ALL STOCK*
      06-13-2012 11:08 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by SimpleStaple View Post
      Vortex is serious?....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
      For serious owners who would rather buy a R instead of a car that makes since.

But before we tear apart this thread like one lonely customer is trying to do, Nice work on the MK6 Golf. Sounds very good, but military pay is military pay and it looks I'll have to wait for anything like that. Haha. I personally like my setup and plan on keeping it for a while.

Vehicles
      2012 Jetta, 2008 Jetta RIP
      06-14-2012 06:56 AM #42
      You make it WAY too easy to mess with you. Try going in to any other forum on here and posting what you did...My response is mild in comparison and I never said ANYTHING bad about anyone. I won't call someone out like that unless what they are doing is truely stupid.

Get over yourself, I wasnt disagreeing with anyones opinion, and I am definitely not lonely customer. What ever that is...

And claiming military pay isnt enough is BS, just gotta learn how to manage it. Been doing it for 5 years with no problems.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      07 rabbit
      06-14-2012 08:13 AM #43
      Here is my current setup. HEP/United Motorsports SRI....stock downpipe and cat with an APR GTi 3" catback

I think it sounds great. Real throaty like a nice vr6 exhaust and sort of unrefined like an old school air cooled. The thing i don't like, and Kholer may agree, it's too loud even at partial throttle. No more sneaking around. Even though you can hear the exhaust inside the car, it doesn't have a death drone thankfully. If I keep this exhaust, the car seriously needs about 200 more hp to back up that sound...plus I think the car is slower with it

Vehicles
      06-14-2012 08:15 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
      Here is my current setup. HEP/United Motorsports SRI....stock downpipe and cat with an APR GTi 3" catback

I think it sounds great. Real throaty like a nice vr6 exhaust and sort of unrefined like an old school air cooled. The thing i don't like, and Kholer may agree, it's too loud even at partial throttle. No more sneaking around. Even though you can hear the exhaust inside the car, it doesn't have a death drone thankfully. If I keep this exhaust, the car seriously needs about 200 more hp to back up that sound...plus I think the car is slower with it

Do a dyno run with the intaker mani and post the results.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      07 rabbit
      06-14-2012 09:13 AM #45
      I did post the results of my dyno run before I put the apr exhaust on...I had an OEM gti catback on and the car made 188 at 7200rpm

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...highlight=dyno
      Last edited by Geo; 06-14-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Vehicles
      MK6 2.5 Golf
      06-14-2012 10:21 AM #46
      No vids but got a full 3" stainless steel custom exhaust, 3"downpipe no res, magnaflo catback. pretty damn pricey for custom work but worth it. Anyone in the GTA willing to film it so i finally get a vid? LOL.

Vehicles
      2007 Jetta 2.5l
      06-14-2012 04:15 PM #47
      Since we're talking about exhaust, I thought I'd share this:
      http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/freq...kpressure.html

Vehicles
      Jetta VI 2.5L
      06-14-2012 04:28 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Gott ist gut View Post
      Since we're talking about exhaust, I thought I'd share this:
      http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/freq...kpressure.html
      Very good article, sir. I love how people still -- to this day -- do the 'washer mod'. Esentially -- they create deliberate exhaust leaks for the goal of noise only.

Personally -- I would only stick with the 2.5" from factory -- in and out -- and not d!ck with it.

((Correction: Factory is 2.25" -- 2.5" is maximum that I would not exceed))

My setup
      Engine -> OBX Headers (ceramic coated) -> 2.5 midpipe (no cat) -> AWE (Helmholtz) resonator -> AWE (Helmholtz) resonator -> AWE (Helmholtz) muffler.

I have the AWE Touring edition cat-back for the MKVI 2.5's. Dual resonator, single muffler.
      Last edited by SimpleStaple; 06-14-2012 at 04:44 PM.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      07 rabbit
      06-14-2012 04:39 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by SimpleStaple View Post
      Personally -- I would only stick with the 2.5" from factory -- in and out -- and not d!ck with it.

pretty sure my rabbit didn't come with 2.5" from the factory...I thought it was 2.25"

Vehicles
      Jetta VI 2.5L
      06-14-2012 04:43 PM #50
      pretty sure my rabbit didn't come with 2.5" from the factory...I thought it was 2.25"
      I was wrong -- it is 2.25" -- all I know is that from past experience and knowledge -- 2.5+ was unwise/un-necessary for an NA motor, especially of lesser cylinders.

Vehicles
      '08 2.5Turbo Rabbit
      06-14-2012 09:50 PM #51
      i need to post a video... still need to figure out how to upload to youtube...i thought i could do it but my phone doesn't like to log me into my "channel" regardless i am running this setup currently

C2 log style manifold->precision turbo->c2 2.5" v-banded downpipe-> usp 2.5" test pipe (no cat)->eurojet full stainless 2.5" exhaust (has one res and one muffler) ->out to the world

it has quite a nice grumble. if i get on it every once in a while and let off kinda mid boost it creates this evil little burble popping backfire noise. i honestly LOL everytime i get it to happen...

the thing is though. with nearly zero noise suppression, like a cat or any baffled mufflers the car is quite tame when just cruising around. it has a little drone but i give the motor mounts that credit for creating interior resonance.
      turbo's tend to do a good job muffling noise luckily i just get that really sweet wooshing. swirling. turbine sound when i really get on it! above all sounds the car make though in my opinion the sound of the diverter and wastegate shuffling off excess pressure sound GLORIOUS!!!
      god i love my car. it may not be fast, but it's crazy fun!

C2 stage 2 TURBO!!! ACHTUNG!!! 2.5liter 5cylinder contents under pressure!!!

Vehicles
      mkv
      06-14-2012 10:23 PM #52
      the eurojet catback is such nice quality, and i think it is the best sounding. i just have a hard time capturing the sound, the car is sounds very quiet and tame until i go WOT. I guess it is just one of the less noisy ones, but at least it sounds crisp and clean, not ricey or like a fart cannon/ straight pipe.

Vehicles
      mkv
      06-14-2012 10:27 PM #53
      i guess i can post this up here, this is just a test video. i have tons more, but i feel like the camera really doesnt capture the sound well at all.

Vehicles
      06-14-2012 11:38 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by TylerO28 View Post
      i need to post a video... still need to figure out how to upload to youtube...i thought i could do it but my phone doesn't like to log me into my "channel" regardless i am running this setup currently

C2 log style manifold->precision turbo->c2 2.5" v-banded downpipe-> usp 2.5" test pipe (no cat)->eurojet full stainless 2.5" exhaust (has one res and one muffler) ->out to the world

it has quite a nice grumble. if i get on it every once in a while and let off kinda mid boost it creates this evil little burble popping backfire noise. i honestly LOL everytime i get it to happen...

the thing is though. with nearly zero noise suppression, like a cat or any baffled mufflers the car is quite tame when just cruising around. it has a little drone but i give the motor mounts that credit for creating interior resonance.
      turbo's tend to do a good job muffling noise luckily i just get that really sweet wooshing. swirling. turbine sound when i really get on it! above all sounds the car make though in my opinion the sound of the diverter and wastegate shuffling off excess pressure sound GLORIOUS!!!
      Idc how you upload it, I just wanna hear that thing.

Vehicles
      06-14-2012 11:39 PM #55
      Nice inspection sticker . Sounds like a V8. Need to meet up soon.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      MKV Jabbit
      06-15-2012 02:17 AM #56

wow sounds unreal, love the intake mani tune, such high redline

Vehicles
      07 Rabbit,92 Jetta GL, MK6 GTI
      06-16-2012 02:36 AM #57

Keep the 3" exhaust. loud and obnoxious is where its at. I love mine I have a 3" 42 DD cat back. It gets hated on all the time so its going to stay

Vehicles
      06-16-2012 08:12 AM #58
      2.5 is the best diameter for your exhaust until you start pushing 300hp.

Vehicles
      06-16-2012 10:38 AM #59
      2.5 is the best diameter for your exhaust until you start pushing 300hp.
      I don't think the 3" is hurting my car much at all

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      06-16-2012 11:29 AM #60

burping included

another vid.

Vehicles
      06-16-2012 11:58 AM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by Rabbidrabbitt View Post
      I don't think the 3" is hurting my car much at all
      Im not even trying to get back in to this discussion. Its been proven time and again, so I'll let you do what you do and short yourself.

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      06-16-2012 12:25 PM #62
      Im not even trying to get back in to this discussion. Its been proven time and again, so I'll let you do what you do and short yourself.
      Kohler, 3" has been proven to be bad on a STOCK car.

Headers & intake mani may take advantage of the extra flow. After all, there is a half a dyno showing good low end.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Vehicles
      06-16-2012 12:58 PM #63
      I'm not getting into this again. AWE has said OVER AND OVER that the 3in exhaust wasn't making any gains until paired with a larger motor, like the 3.2. Let me dig and see if I can find it...

Vehicles
      06-16-2012 02:39 PM #64
      I have all the proof I need.

Vehicles
      06-16-2012 02:43 PM #65
      I have all the proof I need.
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...e-Dyno-content!)

Vehicles
      06-16-2012 02:49 PM #66
      While I like what I see there, that is an entirelty different setup than just a 3in pipe...

When paired with other products, you can't really say that the 3in did anything or took anything. Specially with a custom tune...C'mon man.

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      06-16-2012 03:24 PM #67
      When paired with other products, you can't really say that the 3in did anything or took anything.
      precisely what i said. lol.

on a STOCK car a 3.0" is bad.

on a modified one, it MIGHT be good. it has yet to be proven with conclusive evidence.

Vehicles
      06-16-2012 04:15 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by thygreyt View Post
      ... it has yet to be proven with conclusive evidence.
      I sense a dig at C2...

Vehicles
      06-16-2012 04:42 PM #69
      I had 198 on a n/a tune first run so I guess that's a custom tune?????

Vehicles
      06-16-2012 04:57 PM #70
      Well, to many any tune where the tuners themselves are doing the tune is a custom job. I know Danny said he was working on it for further dev. Any word on that? Seeing that got me stoked.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast