Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: APR K04 Build experience 2012 GLI bad software?

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta TSI/APR Stage3
      07-21-2012 12:47 AM #106
      Back to zero....... New misfire

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
      2011 Jetta TSI
      APR Stage3/CTS FMIC/Forge Pipes

2. Member
      Vehicles
      Passat Wagon 2.0 TSI 12; APR K04 ; S3 IC; carbonio; DP APR;cat 200 cels inox;paddle shifts;VCDS;
      07-21-2012 12:10 PM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by fea30boy View Post
      Back to zero....... New misfire

I was told you got new misfire yesterday night. Holy s***..,Once again.
      Suggestion: run today, and pay attention at temp.
      Only real change between yesterday during the day, and during the night, was a big drop in outside temp.
      Meanwhile, lets see if get some answers from APR....Or maybe one of these expert guys in the forum can get you a solution!!!!!

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      07-21-2012 12:27 PM #108
      Hope so..........

2011 Jetta TSI

Vehicles
      2012 GLI
      07-22-2012 11:05 AM #109
      One of the few threads I have read all the way through not for information, but for entertainment purposes. Can't wait to see what happens next.

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      07-22-2012 11:12 AM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by bmllr8 View Post
      One of the few threads I have read all the way through not for information, but for entertainment purposes. Can't wait to see what happens next.
      Entertainment?................... man, this is for crying purposes
      2011 Jetta TSI

6. Member
      Vehicles
      Passat Wagon 2.0 TSI 12; APR K04 ; S3 IC; carbonio; DP APR;cat 200 cels inox;paddle shifts;VCDS;
      07-22-2012 12:52 PM #111
      Hi,

How was yesterday? Still getting misfires? Have you talked to someone from APR?
      I did some runs in the 104 program (I know that I don´t have to) just to see the diff between your logs (K04) and mine (stage 2+). Like I thought, too mucho timing advance stage 2+ that it´s impossible to keep running.......timing pull around 12 most of the time. I am luck to haven´t broken anything.

Once again I hope you get a solution asap.

7. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      07-22-2012 02:59 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by zucchini View Post
      Hi,

I did some runs in the 104 program (I know that I don´t have to) just to see the diff between your logs (K04) and mine (stage 2+). Like I thought, too mucho timing advance stage 2+ that it´s impossible to keep running.......timing pull around 12 most of the time. I am luck to haven´t broken anything.

Yesterday I did 4 runs...in D, S, Tip...........and everything was ok, no misfires! I guess that the cause of the last misfire was that the outside temperature!
      2011 Jetta TSI

8. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      07-22-2012 03:01 PM #113
      Hi,

104 is really too agressive!
      2011 Jetta TSI

Vehicles
      2012 GLI
      07-22-2012 04:03 PM #114
      Let me clarify, the entertaining ppart was watching Schrottplatzer's posts and subsequent forum responses. I do sympathize for your situation.

10. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      07-22-2012 04:29 PM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by bmllr8 View Post
      Let me clarify, the entertaining ppart was watching Schrottplatzer's posts and subsequent forum responses. I do sympathize for your situation.
      Thanks man..............
      2011 Jetta TSI

11. Member
      Vehicles
      07-22-2012 06:27 PM #116

Vehicles
      1978 Miami Blue 16v Rabbit on side drafts, 1980 Jetta Coupe,1988 Vanagon Wolfs., 2003 TDI Golf, and,
      07-25-2012 10:42 AM #117
      The OP has had legitimate issues with the tune of his car. And you all bash him.

And now another fellow with the exact same issues (sounds like it to me) and you all want to sympathies his problem.

Both guys are victims of the of the high and all mighty APR product. No other people here are coming out with the same problem publicly. But I can assure you all that there are several others with the same problem. I have gotten forwarded PM's from others. Trust me when I say. APR is aware of the problem and they havent been able to identify it.

So in closing.

There is nothing wrong or bad with the coil packs/ plugs/ MAF./fuel, OR HARDWARE. Its a software issue.

13. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      07-25-2012 10:50 AM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by simon-says View Post
      The OP has had legitimate issues with the tune of his car. And you all bash him.

And now another fellow with the exact same issues (sounds like it to me) and you all want to sympathies his problem.

Both guys are victims of the of the high and all mighty APR product. No other people here are coming out with the same problem publicly. But I can assure you all that there are several others with the same problem. I have gotten forwarded PM's from others. Trust me when I say. APR is aware of the problem and they havent been able to identify it.

So in closing.

There is nothing wrong or bad with the coil packs/ plugs/ MAF./fuel, OR HARDWARE. Its a software issue.
      2011 Jetta TSI

14. Member
      Vehicles
      07-25-2012 02:14 PM #119

15. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      Arm-Chair Forum Wizarded 2010 ko4'd 4Dr GTI
      07-25-2012 02:28 PM #120

So in closing.

Are you the OP's mom?
      Outside of some goofy causal logic how is it a software problem?
      Everything the op presented as a problem in this thread says coil problem. The thing that needs definition in this thread is misfire.
      The car can misfire without ever tripping a code. No combustion cycle is 100% perfect. The misfire counter incrementing is different than the ecu detecting a problem like the OP's and flagging a code. And disabling cylinder(s).
      Instead of blaming the software as a problem since you can't make the stock software run and fuel 20 psi of boost, you guys need to be looking at the crank and cam position signals on an oscilloscope to see what is happening under load both with and without the software tune. And make some informed Descisions instead of accusatory guesses.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 STI (Ice Silver Metallic)
      07-25-2012 02:31 PM #121

So in closing.

How do you know it is not the hardware?

The OP has been receiving feedback concerning his issue. He came back and said that his problems went away after flashing the car back to stock. There is more testing to do because that could be attributed to the flash creating more load on the components. Weak components being problematic is not a new issue when chipping a car. His next step is to use another software vendor.

In the end, we have been giving his logical starting points to diagnose his problem. I gave him a list to start with, which included flashing back to stock. As a group, we can only go by what he shares with us. Is the information accurate on his part? Who knows? We will never know how "thorough" Schrottplatzer was in his tests.

Vehicles
      09 GTI - 06 PASSAT
      07-25-2012 05:48 PM #122
      has similar issues right after k04 install.
      changed all 4 coils, problem was solved.
      2009 GTI -APR K04 - USA, NJ
      APR GREECE SALONIKA
      2006 PASSAT-AUTO APR STAGE 2+ APR HPFP -DRIVE GEAR SPRINGS - APR TBE- NS PULLEY
      FORGE AUTO INTAKE- 18"ACE DIMENSION /PROXY4.--------Greece

Vehicles
      2012 GLI
      07-25-2012 07:12 PM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by sspcivic31 View Post
      Are you the OP's mom?
      Outside of some goofy causal logic how is it a software problem?
      Everything the op presented as a problem in this thread says coil problem. The thing that needs definition in this thread is misfire.
      The car can misfire without ever tripping a code. No combustion cycle is 100% perfect. The misfire counter incrementing is different than the ecu detecting a problem like the OP's and flagging a code. And disabling cylinder(s).
      Instead of blaming the software as a problem since you can't make the stock software run and fuel 20 psi of boost, you guys need to be looking at the crank and cam position signals on an oscilloscope to see what is happening under load both with and without the software tune. And make some informed Descisions instead of accusatory guesses.
      I started losing sympathy and interest somewhere near post 44 and ending with post 73. There are plenty of smart people on here and in the beginning, people where willing to offer suggestions for helping. However a forum, and the world in general, can only take so many arm chair wizard and when I was in college statements before they turn on you. Learn how to interact with the community and you will be rewarded. I may be a noob on this forum but I learned this truth a long time ago.

Vehicles
      2011 CC 6MT
      07-25-2012 09:07 PM #124

So in closing.

I agree. Well said
      Daily | Weekend | Project

20. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      07-27-2012 07:48 PM #125
      I'm starting to get tired of APR! Customer Support very flawed, perhaps there in the U.S. to work, but here in Brazil is proving a shame and many people who were thinking about preparing their cars with the APR, seeing what has happened here are really thinking twice!
      2011 Jetta TSI

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 GLI Autobahn DSG Black Metallic Pearl
      08-09-2012 11:45 AM #126
      any updates from OP?

Vehicles
      MK5 GTI, 2012 cc (wife's car) and 4 previous VW's
      08-11-2012 12:44 AM #127
      Sounds to me like he re-enlisted... Got a bonus. bought a car, bought all his new parts and said hey install this... now has no money left to buy the **** that matters. He dropped a ton a money on all this stuff with wheels and suspension etc, yet later complains at the price of spark plugs.

APR is a stand-up company... Obviously they know what they are doing or they wouldn't be one of the largest names in the tuning industry. Stop being hard headed and listen to people here. I seriously wanted to quote so many peoples replies to you but could not stop reading through your whiney ass responses Mr. associates degree. BTW just because you sat through a few night classes, and rebuilt your dad's 1976 fastback whatever ( yes I made that up) does not mean you know everything about cars. The guys that do this for a living every day ie. the installers that did the work to your car, VW techs, and even the guys at APR that build ACTUAL race cars on these platforms still can't figure your car out based on what small amount of info you have given them.

I'd take 90% of the peoples advice on here and try it. Stop pointing fingers at APR. Oh and the NEW ECU thing... seriously. You think they let you just try it out as a guinea pig. I'm sure their R&D guys took care of all the testing before releasing the product. I'm not saying their **** don't stink and it can't have flaw because we all know that's not true. I'm just saying stop being stubborn and pointing fingers. Swallow your pride and actually open your hood and start from scratch as if the k03 were still in there... With your vast amount of automotive knowledge it should be pretty easy from there. God I hope it's something simple that's just not plugged in all the way... yet you don't realize until you really break something and then warranty doesnt cover it.

1. yes I'm an APR fanboy
      2. rant over.

Vehicles
      08-11-2012 12:46 AM #128
      I'm starting to get tired of APR! Customer Support very flawed, perhaps there in the U.S. to work, but here in Brazil is proving a shame and many people who were thinking about preparing their cars with the APR, seeing what has happened here are really thinking twice!
      Weird. I PM'd Arin today about some stage 3 questions and he responded within minutes. We actually had a good conversation back and forth about some technical crap I had concerns with. Now if he were out of country for a while I could understand a delay, but I have never had a problem ever being able to get a hold of them. As a matter of fact he is online right now. WEIRD!

Vehicles
      09 GTI - 06 PASSAT
      08-11-2012 05:41 AM #129
      Quote Originally Posted by Schrottplatzer View Post
      I took my list and car to Double J Motorwerks in Portland. They did a great job putting the below together in very quick time:

2012 GLI: Volkswagen Racing Intake/Induktion Motorsports pipe. APR Stage III K04 kit, S3 FMIC, Techtonics Tuning 2.5" downpipe, Techtonics Tuning 2.5" Dual Borla exhaust, H&R Springs

why did you go with a 2.5" downpipe?
      usually apr users will go with the recomended 3" downpipe.
      2009 GTI -APR K04 - USA, NJ
      APR GREECE SALONIKA
      2006 PASSAT-AUTO APR STAGE 2+ APR HPFP -DRIVE GEAR SPRINGS - APR TBE- NS PULLEY
      FORGE AUTO INTAKE- 18"ACE DIMENSION /PROXY4.--------Greece

25. Member
      Vehicles
      08-11-2012 05:12 PM #130
      Quote Originally Posted by T0neyDanza View Post
      Weird. I PM'd Arin today about some stage 3 questions and he responded within minutes. We actually had a good conversation back and forth about some technical crap I had concerns with. Now if he were out of country for a while I could understand a delay, but I have never had a problem ever being able to get a hold of them. As a matter of fact he is online right now. WEIRD!
      Good for you! And so what?

26. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 STI (Ice Silver Metallic)
      08-12-2012 11:00 AM #131
      Good for you! And so what?
      I believe he is stating the fact the OP said their customer service sucks, which is not true.

Vehicles
      08-12-2012 10:37 PM #132
      Quote Originally Posted by sh{}e View Post
      I believe he is stating the fact the OP said their customer service sucks, which is not true.
      Thank you.

I thought it was obvious with the quote that I posted above my comment.

Vehicles
      1987 Junkyard Golf, MKV Jetta, 2004 V8 Toureg, 2012 GLI
      08-13-2012 12:22 AM #133
      I spoke with APR this week and they are now acknowledging that there is a problem with this particular combo on some 2011 CCs and 2012 GLIs (same computer). They are working on a solution, but are lacking a test car at the moment. The customer service guy I spoke to was great. He didn't fix my problem, but was honest and up front about it. So now the waiting continues...

It has nothing to do with spark plugs or coil packs.

29. Member
      Vehicles
      08-13-2012 11:33 AM #134
      I spoke with APR this week and they are now acknowledging that there is a problem with this particular combo on some 2011 CCs and 2012 GLIs (same computer). They are working on a solution, but are lacking a test car at the moment. The customer service guy I spoke to was great. He didn't fix my problem, but was honest and up front about it. So now the waiting continues...

We already know about here in Brasil, and APR is doing a great job helping people like fea30boy to solve it.
      What makes me angry, is that there are some people that think they know everything, and keep posting BS......

30. Member
      Vehicles
      Mk6 GLI K04, DL-650, DL-1000, 13' V6 Frontier
      08-13-2012 03:40 PM #135

Good to know.. Hopefully a solution is found soon.

31. Junior Member
      08-13-2012 09:41 PM #136
      It would be nice to hear something from APR on this issue. I am considering a 2013 GLI and I wanted to upgrade right away to a Stage II with intake and downpipe. I am now somewhat concerned that this is not a select issue. I may contact APR on my own....

Vehicles
      08-14-2012 10:11 AM #137
      I haven't heard of anyone with the stage II problems on the GLI, it's just the Stage III K04 kit that seems to have the problem.

33. Junior Member
      08-14-2012 10:50 AM #138
      I haven't heard of anyone with the stage II problems on the GLI, it's just the Stage III K04 kit that seems to have the problem.
      A few threads in the Jetta VI Section:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...e-(-)-2200-RPM
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...7984-VW-vs-APR

Vehicles
      08-14-2012 08:38 PM #139
      Quote Originally Posted by srobin01 View Post
      Damn, I guess it's worse than I thought.

Vehicles
      Golf R s3+, GTI s3+, MK4 R18 s3+, V6TT F150
      08-17-2012 05:01 PM #140
      I sympathize with your issues. As many cars that we have done we have not ran into this but I also don't remember doing a 1767 ecu with one either.

Also not trying to be overly critical but I saw it mentioned a couple times, StageIII is not K04
      APTuning LLC, 30 s 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042, (717)272-0916
      aptuning.com - tom@aptuning.com - Facebook - Twitter
      APR Stocking Master Distributor - United Motorsport Distributor

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast