Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: APR K04 Build experience 2012 GLI bad software?

1. Administrator Emeritus adg44's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi A5, 2014 VW Jetta GLI, 1992 Corrado VR6 S/C, 2001 Honda VFR800
      09-13-2012 05:40 PM #176
      Please keep this thread clean and on topic pertaining to the issue at hand.

- Anthony

Vehicles
      1987 Junkyard Golf, MKV Jetta, 2004 V8 Toureg, 2012 GLI
      09-13-2012 11:03 PM #177
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      You can post it if you woud like, but anyone can search your name and find the thread from 2007.

Bottom line, as we've always said, if any APR customer has problems, just bring the car here and we'll look it over and fix it. We've always said this, and fortunately it rarely happens.
      Arin I'm in Vancouver Washington. Give me per-diem and mileage and I'll drive down there, otherwise I'm not very willing to keep spending my money helping APR fix APRs problem.

When APR refused to pay for a dyno I risked a ticket on EVERY data-log pull I made, not to mention the hours I've lost and my vendor has lost helping me.

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta TSI/APR Stage3
      09-13-2012 11:06 PM #178
      Quote Originally Posted by Schrottplatzer View Post
      Arin I'm in Vancouver Washington. Give me per-diem and mileage and I'll drive down there, otherwise I'm not very willing to keep spending my money helping APR fix APRs problem.

When APR refused to pay for a dyno I risked a ticket on EVERY data-log pull I made, not to mention the hours I've lost and my vendor has lost helping me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
      2011 Jetta TSI
      APR Stage3/CTS FMIC/Forge Pipes

Vehicles
      08 135i (current) past 07 Fahrenheit GLI 6M #633, 06 GLI RS pkg 0 6M , 02 A4 DG cvt ,02 Jetta 2.Slow
      09-14-2012 12:03 AM #179

Good luck with that! You did not drive there to get flashed so why should you have to drive thousands of miles for them to fixed their problem as you stated. Well anyway you look at it is a loose loose.. I really hate to see threads like this.. It does not matter if it is apr, revo or any other companies they make a product for us the consumer and we spend our money on ther product and if it does not work like they advertise it they should own up and take Care of there customers to make them happy. I know you can't make them all happy but a case like this something should have been done a long time ago. Word of mouth can make or break a business so why take the chances of loosing sales and customers. Again good luck!

5. 09-14-2012 07:07 AM #180
      Subscribed.

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      09-16-2012 02:22 PM #181
      New software 98MF2 seems to be very good. Let's do some more testing and some measurements in different situations and temperatures.

But it seems that this time is going to work, despite the car being slightly weaker. Let's wait and see

2011 Jetta TSI

7. Member
      Vehicles
      Passat Wagon 2.0 TSI 12; APR K04 ; S3 IC; carbonio; DP APR;cat 200 cels inox;paddle shifts;VCDS;
      09-16-2012 08:47 PM #182
      Quote Originally Posted by fea30boy View Post
      New software 98MF2 seems to be very good. Let's do some more testing and some measurements in different situations and temperatures.

But it seems that this time is going to work, despite the car being slightly weaker. Let's wait and see

8. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      09-16-2012 08:51 PM #183
      Did not work! Misfire again, at 6300rpm

2011 Jetta TSI

Vehicles
      09-16-2012 09:52 PM #184
      I don't know who's got it worse, you guys in Brazil with broken fix after broken fix, or us in the US with the cold shoulder.

Word is they have a CC now in the US for testing. Of course word was also that it was already tested before it was released.

I've been trying to figure out what APR stands for..Ain't Proven Ready? Alles pruft unregelmäßig? After Purchase Recall?

Like I said, I started this quietly, now, three months and 12,000+ views later...

Vehicles
      09-20-2012 10:01 AM #185
      Just shy of my 8,000 mile anniversary since the problems started APR now wants to fix it! No promises yet, but wouldn't it be cool to actually have 370 reliable hp?

11. Member
      Vehicles
      '13 .:R (RIP), '09 GLI (Sold), '01 S4, '12 GTI
      09-24-2012 06:11 PM #186
      Damn, just read thought all 6 pages.

OP, did you end up swapping coil packs? If not, go do it just for ****s and giggles. It may fix your problem, it may not. If it does, then you just cured a 3 month headache in 20 minutes and can start enjoying your car. If it doesn't, then it would have shut half the people on this thread up. Also, if APR isn't doing it for you, cut your losses and go with the GIAC. Talk to a GIAC dealer and let them know about your issues with APR, and see if they will let you do a trial thing (like APR's 6 hour deal), to see if it takes care of the issue. If it does, then you know that it's the APR software, and that they should either refund you or somehow make it right. If it does NOT fix your problem, then you know that it's your car and not the APR software.

APR, this is a shot in the dark, but to get the OP out of your hair, why don't you offer something like, a refund on the software he purchased from you if he goes with another company AND can prove via datalogs that their software fixed an issue that only shows up in yours? OR, take the OP up on his request on getting his car over to you, paying for his time and mileage, ONLY if in deed that you do find that it was a flaw in the software that caused his car to misfire. It's playing with a lot of money, but if both parties are so dead set on the fact that they're the ones that are right, you guys should put your money where your mouth is. I'm sure all of vwvortex would like to see the outcome of this.

To the Brazilian dude. From my understanding, the gasoline down where you are is MUCH different than the stuff we have here. Maybe that's causing your issues? I know you guys get E100 does there. Maybe have APR make an ethanol map for your market down there. Specific gravity for the fuel down your way may be totally different than our stuff. Another shot in the dark.

Flame suit on. Blast away!

12. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      09-24-2012 06:27 PM #187
      Surely it is our fuel, the problem is that they offer the product here, as announced there in the U.S.
      Our gasoline is a blend of 25% ethanol. I'm sure it is not far to hit the software, missing very little to be perfect from 104RON

2011 Jetta TSI

Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      09-24-2012 07:40 PM #188
      Quote Originally Posted by 9900rpm View Post
      APR, this is a shot in the dark, but to get the OP out of your hair, why don't you offer something like, a refund on the software he purchased from you if he goes with another company AND can prove via datalogs that their software fixed an issue that only shows up in yours?
      Over the years, we've found that most issues can be narrowed down to simple hardware issues. Typically boost leaks, coil packs, spark plugs, or other common items are the cause of issues.

Our reach on k04 installs world wide are in the 1000's and the number of complains we receive are extremely low. In most cases, as I've mentioned above, when there is an issue, it's due to some sort of mechanical issue that's fixed and the customer goes on happy.

This customer has replaced several items, run logs, and done other things and we have not seen any clear indication of what could cause the issue. One of our own employees just purchased a CC and the first test we conducted was an install of a K04 kit. He had no problems. Our head calibrator owns a GLI, and he ran our stage 3 turbocharger system without an issue (Stage 3 is based on K04 code with variations based on the boost profiles of the turbo) and now is running a larger system. We simply have not found an issue on our end, and had we, we would not have released the software unless it was working.

However, that said, we are going to take care of this guy. Rather than pay to ship his car here, we've scheduled to fly our lead Engineer and lead Technician to inspect his vehicle and analyze the calibration, in person. If we find a mechanical issue, we'll fix it and inform the customer of the issue. If we find an issue with the software that shows up on his vehicle that's not showing up on others, we'll figure out why, and apply an update.

It's always easy to assume there's a simple answer to every issue, especially when sitting behind the desk, having never seen the vehicle, or having never seen any data. However we're not a company that jumps to conclusions, nor are we one that brushes off our customers when problems arise.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

Vehicles
      2011 CC 6MT
      09-24-2012 08:36 PM #189
      However, that said, we are going to take care of this guy. Rather than pay to ship his car here, we've scheduled to fly our lead Engineer and lead Technician to inspect his vehicle and analyze the calibration, in person.
      Can you have em swing by Richmond, VA? I have been patient!
      Daily | Weekend | Project

Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      09-24-2012 08:44 PM #190
      Quote Originally Posted by jspirate View Post
      Can you have em swing by Richmond, VA? I have been patient!
      I appreciat your patients. Let's see what we can fined first, and we can take it from there.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

16. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      09-24-2012 08:49 PM #191
      I appreciat your patients. Let's see what we can fined first, and we can take it from there.

2011 Jetta TSI

17. Member
      Vehicles
      Passat Wagon 2.0 TSI 12; APR K04 ; S3 IC; carbonio; DP APR;cat 200 cels inox;paddle shifts;VCDS;
      09-24-2012 08:53 PM #192
      To the Brazilian dude. From my understanding, the gasoline down where you are is MUCH different than the stuff we have here. Maybe that's causing your issues? I know you guys get E100 does there. Maybe have APR make an ethanol map for your market down there. Specific gravity for the fuel down your way may be totally different than our stuff. Another shot in the dark.

When we talk about APR mods here, we talk about using the best gas we have, Podium Petrobras, that is 95 AKI, no matter how much Ethanol it has, cuz it´s already taken in account. When we say we got some problems, it´s all related to the new ECU MED 17.5.2, 2011/2012 engines.
      We have lots of K04 and stage 3 systems running very well, but all of them MED 17.5 ECU´s, with no problems at all.
      Besides we have hundreds of stage 1, 2 and 2+, where we can see an ignition timing more agressive than K04 or even stage 3, and the gas works just fine.

We would be very happy to see APR developing E85 programs, cuz we could use them in our E100 with very good results and several "ponies" more......

Lets see what comes in future......
      Passat B6 Wagon 2012 TSI; APR K04;DP 3",cat 200 cels;turbo outlet pipe;APR carbonio;VCDS;

18. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      09-24-2012 08:59 PM #193
      Quote Originally Posted by zucchini View Post

When we talk about APR mods here, we talk about using the best gas we have, Podium Petrobras, that is 95 AKI, no matter how much Ethanol it has, cuz it´s already taken in account. When we say we got some problems, it´s all related to the new ECU MED 17.5.2, 2011/2012 engines.
      We have lots of K04 and stage 3 systems running very well, but all of them MED 17.5 ECU´s, with no problems at all.
      Besides we have hundreds of stage 1, 2 and 2+, where we can see an ignition timing more agressive than K04 or even stage 3, and the gas works just fine.

We would be very happy to see APR developing E85 programs, cuz we could use them in our E100 with very good results and several "ponies" more......

Lets see what comes in future......
      Looking forward to new programs! Right Zucchini

2011 Jetta TSI

19. 09-24-2012 09:02 PM #194
      However, that said, we are going to take care of this guy. Rather than pay to ship his car here, we've scheduled to fly our lead Engineer and lead Technician to inspect his vehicle and analyze the calibration, in person. If we find a mechanical issue, we'll fix it and inform the customer of the issue. If we find an issue with the software that shows up on his vehicle that's not showing up on others, we'll figure out why, and apply an update.
      HOLY ****! Was deciding btw giac, apr, and unitronic for my stage 2 gti. Decision made. Customer support is rewarded with more customers.

20. Member
      Vehicles
      09-24-2012 09:17 PM #195
      Quote Originally Posted by fea30boy View Post
      Looking forward to new programs! Right Zucchini

Yesssssss!!!!!!
      Passat B6 Wagon 2012 TSI; APR K04;DP 3",cat 200 cels;turbo outlet pipe;APR carbonio;VCDS;

Vehicles
      2009 GTI
      09-25-2012 10:41 AM #196
      tell him to bring some coilpacks in his luggage
      :APR -stage 2 :BSH -Intake,Mounts,RSB,TB Pipe :Whiteline -A.L.K. :Porsche 17Z BBK
      :Devils Own -DVC-30+Direct Port Injection :BC Racing -BR Coilovers :Flik-FTD :OSIR
      :Eurojet -Ceramic Coated TBE :DEFI :Unibrace :Tyrolsport :Bildon :Hawk :034
      TSI FAQ: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4042736

Vehicles
      2012 GLI APR K04
      09-25-2012 10:50 AM #197
      Thanks Arin and Schrottplatzer!

Vehicles
      09-25-2012 09:26 PM #198
      Quote Originally Posted by zucchini View Post

When we say we got some problems, it´s all related to the new ECU MED 17.5.2, 2011/2012 engines.
      Thanks for making me not the only voice on this one. Arin has done a great job of playing down the situation. While not lying he has for some reason tried to make it sound like this is an isolated incident of freak chances when in reality people with MED 17.5 generally have no problems, and MED 17.5.2 it seems to be common.

I'm glad APR is coming out here to take a look at my car, and another 2012 GLI with the same problem. Hopefully we can find a solution which can universally save the 2012 GLI Stage III K04 woes. I'd say it's awesome customer service, but really it's what should have been done three months ago.

I look forward to meeting the reps and finding a solution.

24. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      09-25-2012 09:43 PM #199
      Thanks for making me not the only voice on this one. Arin has done a great job of playing down the situation. While not lying he has for some reason tried to make it sound like this is an isolated incident of freak chances when in reality people with MED 17.5 generally have no problems, and MED 17.5.2 it seems to be common.

I'm glad APR is coming out here to take a look at my car, and another 2012 GLI with the same problem. Hopefully we can find a solution which can universally save the 2012 GLI Stage III K04 woes. I'd say it's awesome customer service, but really it's what should have been done three months ago.

I look forward to meeting the reps and finding a solution.
      We're hoping here in Brazil too! Keep us updated!

2011 Jetta TSI

25. 09-26-2012 06:48 AM #200
      As someone that was very briefly in the performance modification/tuning business I have to say that apr going to the extent of flying two engineers away from their normal paid daily activity and putting them up in a hotel for a couple of days to address this issue is amazing customer support. The number of mechanical and electronics issues that affect the way a vehicle performs is too numerous to count. It's easy to blame the software because its something you can't check but in my experience problems are 99.9% mechanical/wiring/sensor related. In this case the op has obviously done all he can, logged everything, and followed apr's suggestions to the point they're willing to spend several thousand dollars to address the problem and see if it is software. I really hope there is a resolution and whatever it is is reported back to the community. If it is software, apr should make it right for you and compensate you for your time and frustration dealing with their problem. If its mechanical, I doubt you'll be asked to compensate apr for the expense of flying engineers to you and for their productivity lost during this episode but you should. Ether way in an industry with the margins as slim as this one, apr taking this on in this way is pretty incredible. This ((air travel+baggage+hotel+expenses+salary)*2+rental car) will wipe out a significant amount of revenue from their sales.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast