VWVortex.com - '13 TT-RS order questions
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Results 51 to 75 of 142

    Thread: '13 TT-RS order questions

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2011
      Location
      Smithtown, NY
      Posts
      1,109
      07-12-2012 01:01 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by mtbscoTT View Post
      Gateway, not meaning to "call you out" but to clarify things. Wasn't the "courtesy discount" as it's listed on your buyer's order because of the problems you had with your Golf R with the same dealer group? If you're buying somewhere else, then I'm incorrect.
      It's not the same dealer group. I ended up using trucar.com and found 3 dealers around the tri-state who were willing to discount the TT-RS. However, you still need to use your negotiating skills to increase the discount.

      For example, my dealer was offering $2200 off list on the TT-RS. I had to negotiate back and forth between 2 dealers to get an additional $1300 removed from list price. I am sure opting for the exclusive color helped my case.

      Trucar.com is a great resource because within a matter of seconds you know which dealers are willing to discount their cars, and fight each other for your business. Why waste your time calling every dealer within 200 miles? Let trucar do it for you.
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      Incoming hater plane *beeeeyaaaaarrrrrr*
      Quote Originally Posted by AHFlynn View Post
      some people are such oversensitized pussies these days.

    2. 07-12-2012 01:08 PM #52
      Just got confirmation my TT RS arrived at the port (in FL?) yesterday.

      Now to wait for customs clearance and another day to truck it up here. Hopefully I'll get it by the 20th so I have the weekend to enjoy it

    3. 07-13-2012 06:37 PM #53
      No discount for me. But did hear from my dealer that he had obtained an allocation number.

      Daytona gray
      heated seats
      front plate delete
      alacantara seats
      tech with ipod cable

      He estimates September - October> I was getting a bit nervous about winter. My daughter recently graduated and somehow I am "giving" her my 2010 VW CC next month leaving me with my Lotus Elise, which is only good til about Thanksgiving here in Wisconsin.

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2011
      Location
      Smithtown, NY
      Posts
      1,109
      07-13-2012 08:18 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by julius_the_cat View Post

      I was getting a bit nervous about winter. My daughter recently graduated and somehow I am "giving" her my 2010 VW CC next month leaving me with my Lotus Elise, which is only good til about Thanksgiving here in Wisconsin.
      If you have an allocation, delivery should take place by October.
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      Incoming hater plane *beeeeyaaaaarrrrrr*
      Quote Originally Posted by AHFlynn View Post
      some people are such oversensitized pussies these days.

    5. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2012
      Posts
      63
      Vehicles
      2013 Daytona Gray Audi TT RS
      07-19-2012 08:04 PM #55
      They started building mine today...on my b-day no less...

    6. Member LynxFX's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2012
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      369
      Vehicles
      2013 TT-RS; APR Stage 2
      07-19-2012 09:41 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by 4RingFanatic View Post
      They started building mine today...on my b-day no less..
      Awesome! I just had to switch dealers but hopefully it is picked in the next month.

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2011
      Location
      Smithtown, NY
      Posts
      1,109
      08-06-2012 04:19 PM #57
      Just received this e-mail:

      Hi x,

      I`ve got feedback from quattro GmbH that they cannot paint the lower rear valance strip in riviera blue.
      They cannot organize it in the productione line an Audi AG quality and the risc is too high that the car will be missbuilt.

      I apologize that this took so long and the customer must now go with a standard special paint job.


      Best,



      That last sentence made me

      Now I am waiting on feedback regarding the color-matched mirrors. I could always buy the silver plated covers if I wanted to switch back.

      Also, my salesman wants another $4,500 on top of the $1,000 deposit because of the exclusive paint. Anyone else pay upfront for the paint?
      Last edited by Gateway1; 08-06-2012 at 04:22 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      Incoming hater plane *beeeeyaaaaarrrrrr*
      Quote Originally Posted by AHFlynn View Post
      some people are such oversensitized pussies these days.

    8. 08-06-2012 04:53 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by Gateway1 View Post
      Just received this e-mail:

      Hi x,

      I`ve got feedback from quattro GmbH that they cannot paint the lower rear valance strip in riviera blue.
      They cannot organize it in the productione line an Audi AG quality and the risc is too high that the car will be missbuilt.

      I apologize that this took so long and the customer must now go with a standard special paint job.


      Best,



      That last sentence made me

      Now I am waiting on feedback regarding the color-matched mirrors. I could always buy the silver plated covers if I wanted to switch back.

      Also, my salesman wants another $4,500 on top of the $1,000 deposit because of the exclusive paint. Anyone else pay upfront for the paint?

      Congrats! It's soo nice to get confirmation on the exclusive order, I was nervous for many months waiting for mine to be approved. Someone on here had tracked down the order code for body color mirrors as 6FA so you might give that a try.

      And yes, my dealer wanted a larger deposit with my exclusive order, I think it was somewhere around $5k total.

    9. Member LynxFX's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2012
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      369
      Vehicles
      2013 TT-RS; APR Stage 2
      08-06-2012 05:22 PM #59
      I only put down $500 at both places that took my order. An Audi in San Diego wanted $5000 that wasn't refundable. HA! Turns out that is actually illegal in CA anyway.

      I'm curious to see if you get the color matched mirrors. I wanted to do the same but they never gave me any hope that it could be done so I didn't push it. The level of knowledge seems to be very sparse when it comes to ordering vehicles.

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Philadelphia PA
      Posts
      221
      Vehicles
      '12 Audi TTRS Volcano Red
      08-06-2012 05:49 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by JohnLZ7W View Post
      Congrats! It's soo nice to get confirmation on the exclusive order, I was nervous for many months waiting for mine to be approved. Someone on here had tracked down the order code for body color mirrors as 6FA so you might give that a try.

      And yes, my dealer wanted a larger deposit with my exclusive order, I think it was somewhere around $5k total.
      I didn't put down a larger deposit for my custom - $1k refundable when I ordered but before color was chosen - and they didn't come back and ask for more. Guess I was lucky. Or they just knew I wasn't leaving without that car

    11. 08-07-2012 03:01 AM #61
      Wow. That Orange is fookin amazing

      There is a '12 at my local dealer, blue (have pics) if anyone in western US is looking to score a deal on a late model. They got it in about a week after I found mine (Ibis '12)

    12. Member LynxFX's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2012
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      369
      Vehicles
      2013 TT-RS; APR Stage 2
      08-07-2012 03:07 AM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by RS Pilot View Post
      Wow. That Orange is fookin amazing

      There is a '12 at my local dealer, blue (have pics) if anyone in western US is looking to score a deal on a late model. They got it in about a week after I found mine (Ibis '12)
      There are two Sepang blue models available in SoCal now. A MY12 and a MY13. I looked at the MY12 sitting at Pacific Audi and it is fully loaded. If I was really antsy and it had alcantara interior I probably would have gotten that. Sepang blue is such a great color. I'll still wait for my Samoa though.

    13. 08-07-2012 03:11 AM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by LynxFX View Post
      There are two Sepang blue models available in SoCal now. A MY12 and a MY13. I looked at the MY12 sitting at Pacific Audi and it is fully loaded. If I was really antsy and it had alcantara interior I probably would have gotten that. Sepang blue is such a great color. I'll still wait for my Samoa though.
      The blue is very sharp. But man, that Samoa is tough to top. Pics are a must when you get it

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2011
      Location
      Smithtown, NY
      Posts
      1,109
      08-07-2012 04:00 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by JohnLZ7W View Post
      Someone on here had tracked down the order code for body color mirrors as 6FA so you might give that a try.
      JohnLZ7W, you are the man!

      I sent an e-mail to my salesman with the color code you suggested. He asked me how/where it came from. So, I did a search on "6FA" and found this MY13 european brochure/order guide for the TT: http://www.audi.ie/etc/medialib/ngw/..._guide_ttc.pdf

      I sent the euro brochure to my salesman and this was his response:

      Michael,
      You are good and thanks for the assist!
      You know I have been trying to get an answer from my contact at Audi since 7/10 when you first requested the color match ext. mirrors (7/09) be added.
      It’s been frustrating and ridiculously slow getting an answer (and price). Well, after you sent me the code (which isn’t shown in any USA order guide, exclusive or otherwise), I dashed off an email to her with the option code 6FA and your email, and learned today that it can be added to the factory order…and then later today, after requesting an answer if there was a charge for it, learned it would be done at no extra charge. Funny thing, huh? Good news!
      Pays to see European brochures/order guides!
      It’s been like pulling teeth on these two requests. Somewhat of a simple request, a matter of fact, and thought it would be easy to find out—one way or another.
      She added it to the order today, as I was unable to do so from my end in the system.
      As I told her, I wish I/we had known about this a month ago, this option code, etc. It would have saved me countless emails and a lot of time.
      C’est la vie.
      I also asked her in the same email if she could approximate the delivery frame and ETA here. She hasn’t responded to the request, only the mirror answer.
      Like I said before, I would be surprised to see it before the end of the year (more or less). I am betting end of Nov.- mid Dec.
      xxxx
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      Incoming hater plane *beeeeyaaaaarrrrrr*
      Quote Originally Posted by AHFlynn View Post
      some people are such oversensitized pussies these days.

    15. 08-07-2012 04:05 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by Gateway1 View Post
      JohnLZ7W, you are the man!

      I sent an e-mail to my salesman with the color code you suggested. He asked me how/where it came from. So, I did a search on "6FA" and found this MY13 european brochure/order guide for the TT: http://www.audi.ie/etc/medialib/ngw/..._guide_ttc.pdf

      I sent the euro brochure to my salesman and this was his response:
      Great news! dogdrive gets the credit for tracking that one down, I believe he was able to get color-matched mirrors on his phantom black RS. He sent me the code just a couple of weeks too late for me to add it but I'm actually pretty happy with the brushed aluminum look with aviator grey so it all worked out.

      Seems you've got an excellent salesman too which is really key for getting these orders thru. AoA doesn't seem to have much information or influence with these things and it really comes down to having a sales person who is willing to do the extra follow-ups with the factory contacts to get the additions added.

    16. Member LynxFX's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2012
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      369
      Vehicles
      2013 TT-RS; APR Stage 2
      08-07-2012 06:03 PM #66
      Awesome news Gateway, I just sent off an email to try and get my order changed as well. If I went with the aluminum pack I wouldn't mind the mirrors.

    17. Member LynxFX's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2012
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      369
      Vehicles
      2013 TT-RS; APR Stage 2
      08-07-2012 09:13 PM #67
      My salesman said they contacted their rep and were told they could do it. Gave the excuse of it "not being available in our district." Is this just BS or are they talking to the wrong people? This is in Souther California, I don't see how they would exclude one of the largest markets if that is the excuse.

    18. Member LynxFX's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2012
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      369
      Vehicles
      2013 TT-RS; APR Stage 2
      08-08-2012 04:25 PM #68
      False alarm, they ended up pushing further today, got the right people on the phone and got it added. Yay, no aluminum bits anymore...other than the gas cap.

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2011
      Location
      Smithtown, NY
      Posts
      1,109
      08-08-2012 04:54 PM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by LynxFX View Post
      False alarm, they ended up pushing further today, got the right people on the phone and got it added. Yay, no aluminum bits anymore...other than the gas cap.
      We might end up being the only 2 TT-RS owners in the U.S with color matched mirrors (on exclusive colors to boot).
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      Incoming hater plane *beeeeyaaaaarrrrrr*
      Quote Originally Posted by AHFlynn View Post
      some people are such oversensitized pussies these days.

    20. Member LynxFX's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2012
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      369
      Vehicles
      2013 TT-RS; APR Stage 2
      08-08-2012 06:21 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by Gateway1 View Post
      We might end up being the only 2 TT-RS owners in the U.S with color matched mirrors (on exclusive colors to boot).
      East Coast, West Coast! Blue, Orange. Nice complimentary colors.

    21. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2011
      Location
      Smithtown, NY
      Posts
      1,109
      08-16-2012 02:15 PM #71
      Glad my salesperson sent me this e-mail to verify:

      "Michael,
      Please verify the color and paint code—was it an Audi color or Porsche color and paint code?…need to know immediately!
      Jeff
      …Audi is seeing a paint code of LK5S, not L398E (see below)"


      The VIP Sales Coordinator pulled up LK5S because of the description: "RIVERIABLAU PERL".
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      Incoming hater plane *beeeeyaaaaarrrrrr*
      Quote Originally Posted by AHFlynn View Post
      some people are such oversensitized pussies these days.

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2011
      Location
      Smithtown, NY
      Posts
      1,109
      08-16-2012 02:29 PM #72
      Just got this reply:

      "That’s what I thought, I sent them (your) pics. too, etc. early on.
      You wonder sometimes…
      Definitely we both know the color and I did an internet search a minute ago and you are exactly on the mark.
      We will not proceed until we both verify that it’s the Porsche L39E Riviera Blue paint!"
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      Incoming hater plane *beeeeyaaaaarrrrrr*
      Quote Originally Posted by AHFlynn View Post
      some people are such oversensitized pussies these days.

    23. Member LynxFX's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2012
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      369
      Vehicles
      2013 TT-RS; APR Stage 2
      08-16-2012 03:34 PM #73
      The "Need to know immediately" sounds like a good sign. Perhaps Audi is getting ready to do a run of custom color orders...maybe just maybe?

    24. 08-16-2012 04:43 PM #74
      Given this info, how many of you who have unmatched mirrors would go back and get them paint matched? I'm looking at a black tt-rs with the aluminum package, so I think the silver mirrors break up all the black.

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 30th, 2012
      Location
      MD
      Posts
      165
      Vehicles
      2013 TT RS
      08-16-2012 08:24 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by Finite View Post
      Given this info, how many of you who have unmatched mirrors would go back and get them paint matched? I'm looking at a black tt-rs with the aluminum package, so I think the silver mirrors break up all the black.
      Mine is black and I went with the aluminum package for this very reason.

    For advertising information click HERE

    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •