VWVortex.com - '13 TT-RS order questions
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Results 101 to 125 of 142

    Thread: '13 TT-RS order questions

    1. Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2012
      Location
      MA
      Posts
      81
      Vehicles
      2011 TTS
      09-24-2012 05:20 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by redz9269 View Post
      Not sure where u located but Sepang in show room in Philly. Not sure of it's options.
      MA, which dealership?

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Philadelphia PA
      Posts
      221
      Vehicles
      '12 Audi TTRS Volcano Red
      09-24-2012 08:24 PM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by nzt View Post
      MA, which dealership?
      Sent you a PM.

    3. Banned Dan.S's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 3rd, 2012
      Location
      SURPRISE AZ
      Posts
      987
      Vehicles
      2016 Corvette Z06 / 1974 VW Super Beetle
      09-24-2012 11:02 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by mtbscoTT View Post
      My dealer currently has a black with the black and red wheels on the showroom floor.
      Hmmm, was hoping not many people would order that combo... want to keep it as unique as possible.

    4. Member 311-in-337's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 19th, 2003
      Location
      Allen, Texas
      Posts
      1,472
      Vehicles
      2016 VW Golf R
      10-01-2012 01:40 PM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by Dan.S View Post
      Hmmm, was hoping not many people would order that combo... want to keep it as unique as possible.
      Audi sent 3 of this exact color/options combo to 3 different dealerships here in TX. 1 was sent to Houston, the other 2 here in Dallas.

    5. Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2012
      Location
      MA
      Posts
      81
      Vehicles
      2011 TTS
      10-01-2012 11:27 PM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by 311-in-337 View Post
      Audi sent 3 of this exact color/options combo to 3 different dealerships here in TX. 1 was sent to Houston, the other 2 here in Dallas.
      I've seen 3 in my dealership in MA in the past couple of months too. Last one was bought last week. Ive always loved black on black, my current car is black on black, but that's why I decided to order sepang.

    6. Banned Dan.S's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 3rd, 2012
      Location
      SURPRISE AZ
      Posts
      987
      Vehicles
      2016 Corvette Z06 / 1974 VW Super Beetle
      10-02-2012 10:16 AM #106
      Booooooo, at least I shall have one of the rarest color combo

    7. Member LynxFX's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2012
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      369
      Vehicles
      2013 TT-RS; APR Stage 2
      10-04-2012 04:59 PM #107
      It's been 3 months and still the order hasn't been picked up. I'm not sure if I have the patience anymore. I told myself that I'll give it one more month. If it isn't in production by Nov then I'll end up going with one off the lot if it is optioned and a color I want, or go with an entirely different vehicle.

    8. 10-04-2012 05:18 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by LynxFX View Post
      It's been 3 months and still the order hasn't been picked up. I'm not sure if I have the patience anymore. I told myself that I'll give it one more month. If it isn't in production by Nov then I'll end up going with one off the lot if it is optioned and a color I want, or go with an entirely different vehicle.
      My custom color took forever too. Ordered in April, build in late October with delivery the following January.

    9. Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2012
      Location
      MA
      Posts
      81
      Vehicles
      2011 TTS
      10-04-2012 09:35 PM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by LynxFX View Post
      It's been 3 months and still the order hasn't been picked up. I'm not sure if I have the patience anymore. I told myself that I'll give it one more month. If it isn't in production by Nov then I'll end up going with one off the lot if it is optioned and a color I want, or go with an entirely different vehicle.
      Could it be a problem with your dealership? Ordered mine a couple of weeks ago estimated arrive is early December!


      Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

    10. Member LynxFX's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2012
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      369
      Vehicles
      2013 TT-RS; APR Stage 2
      10-04-2012 11:29 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by nzt View Post
      Could it be a problem with your dealership? Ordered mine a couple of weeks ago estimated arrive is early December!
      Was it with a standard TT-RS color or a custom color? I ordered mine custom which puts it in the back of the queue, but damn this is taking awhile.

    11. Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2012
      Location
      MA
      Posts
      81
      Vehicles
      2011 TTS
      10-05-2012 01:36 AM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by LynxFX View Post
      Was it with a standard TT-RS color or a custom color? I ordered mine custom which puts it in the back of the queue, but damn this is taking awhile.
      Standard. What color?


      Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

    12. Member LynxFX's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2012
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      369
      Vehicles
      2013 TT-RS; APR Stage 2
      10-05-2012 03:05 AM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by nzt View Post
      Standard. What color?
      Samoa Orange Metallic.

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 14th, 2003
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      2,051
      Vehicles
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991/2011 MINI S
      10-05-2012 09:33 AM #113
      I think you knew going in that the custom color was going to make things take a long time. Only you can decide if it's worth waiting or buying one off the lot. A quick check of Autotrader this morning shows 49 TT-RS's for sale around the country, many of them new on lot 12's or 13's, and then a smattering of lightly used 12's with a variety of colors and options. You could be driving one this weekend.
      Houston, TX
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991

    14. Member LynxFX's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2012
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      369
      Vehicles
      2013 TT-RS; APR Stage 2
      10-05-2012 01:01 PM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by mtbscoTT View Post
      I think you knew going in that the custom color was going to make things take a long time. Only you can decide if it's worth waiting or buying one off the lot. A quick check of Autotrader this morning shows 49 TT-RS's for sale around the country, many of them new on lot 12's or 13's, and then a smattering of lightly used 12's with a variety of colors and options. You could be driving one this weekend.
      Yeah I knew it was going to be a wait but come on, 3 months and zero information provided by Audi? It isn't like I preordered a MY13, they were well into production when I ordered. You figure Audi would have some sort of timeline for orders in the queue months in advance. They don't just decide that week "Alright let's build a couple TT-RS today." They should be able to tell me "We added your order to the group being produced the week of Nov 12." Surely they plan out production schedules of all of their vehicles right?

    15. 10-05-2012 01:07 PM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by LynxFX View Post
      Yeah I knew it was going to be a wait but come on, 3 months and zero information provided by Audi? It isn't like I preordered a MY13, they were well into production when I ordered. You figure Audi would have some sort of timeline for orders in the queue months in advance. They don't just decide that week "Alright let's build a couple TT-RS today." They should be able to tell me "We added your order to the group being produced the week of Nov 12." Surely they plan out production schedules of all of their vehicles right?
      I don't think I had a production week for about 4 months on mine. For the 2012s I think they pushed all of the exclusive orders to the back of the line. As I understand it they have to shut down the paint production line to do an exclusive order.

    16. Member LynxFX's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2012
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      369
      Vehicles
      2013 TT-RS; APR Stage 2
      10-05-2012 01:13 PM #116
      Well seems that if you push hard enough you can actually get some answers. Mine should be going into production in two weeks.

    17. 10-05-2012 01:26 PM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by LynxFX View Post
      Well seems that if you push hard enough you can actually get some answers. Mine should be going into production in two weeks.
      Result! That's awesome, might just make it in time for Christmas

    18. Member LynxFX's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2012
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      369
      Vehicles
      2013 TT-RS; APR Stage 2
      10-05-2012 01:37 PM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by JohnLZ7W View Post
      Result! That's awesome, might just make it in time for Christmas
      Christmas would be awesome but I'm putting my expectations at a more conservative mid January delivery.

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2011
      Location
      Smithtown, NY
      Posts
      1,109
      10-05-2012 01:53 PM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by LynxFX View Post
      It's been 3 months and still the order hasn't been picked up. I'm not sure if I have the patience anymore. I told myself that I'll give it one more month. If it isn't in production by Nov then I'll end up going with one off the lot if it is optioned and a color I want, or go with an entirely different vehicle.
      What would you buy to replace it? For me, there is nothing out there for $60k that comes close. Hang in there, you've waited this long.

      My salesman sent me this info yesterday. Delayed one week (12/10 to 12/17).

      Actual ETA
      Order Entry 06/18/2012 Port Arrived 12/03/2012
      Marked Sold Order 06/18/2012 Dealer Invoice
      Vehicle Assigned 06/18/2012 Port Hold End
      Release to Manuf. 07/19/2012 Rel. to Carrier (Port) 12/07/2012
      Factory Inspected Rail Unload
      Departure Port Arrived Truck Load
      Ship Loaded 11/18/2012

      Dealer Delivered Week of 12/17/2012
      Last edited by Gateway1; 10-05-2012 at 01:55 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      Incoming hater plane *beeeeyaaaaarrrrrr*
      Quote Originally Posted by AHFlynn View Post
      some people are such oversensitized pussies these days.

    20. Member LynxFX's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2012
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      369
      Vehicles
      2013 TT-RS; APR Stage 2
      10-05-2012 01:57 PM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by Gateway1 View Post
      What would you buy to replace it? For me, there is nothing out there for $60k that comes close. Hang in there, you've waited this long.
      I would have bought a 2011 Evora S most likely. But the dealer finally gave me good news so I'm sticking with the TT-RS. Based on your dates mid-late January does seem the most likely.

    21. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2011
      Location
      Smithtown, NY
      Posts
      1,109
      10-05-2012 02:04 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by LynxFX View Post
      I would have bought a 2011 Evora S most likely. But the dealer finally gave me good news so I'm sticking with the TT-RS. Based on your dates mid-late January does seem the most likely.
      I love the Evora, but the TT is more practical and the interior is a much nicer place to be. This will be your daily driver, right?

      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      Incoming hater plane *beeeeyaaaaarrrrrr*
      Quote Originally Posted by AHFlynn View Post
      some people are such oversensitized pussies these days.

    22. Member LynxFX's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2012
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      369
      Vehicles
      2013 TT-RS; APR Stage 2
      10-05-2012 02:38 PM #122
      The TT is definitely the more practical choice, with a solid warranty, dealer network and probably higher reliability. The Evora is something else though especially with the supercharger so it actually performs like it looks. I actually prefer the interior over the TT-RS. Leather wraps everything and with the suedetex pack, it is extremely high class and with contrasting stitching. Feels like you are sitting in a baseball glove. The seats are also the most comfortable I have ever sat in.

      Anyway, the Evora is out. After the TT-RS I will probably focus on the F-type Jag once they release the coupe with a manual. I should get a couple of good years of enjoyment out of the TT-RS till then.

      And yup, this is my daily driver.

    23. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2012
      Posts
      63
      Vehicles
      2013 Daytona Gray Audi TT RS
      10-05-2012 07:51 PM #123
      But what is the lead time for ordering a Lotus Evora in a custom color?

    24. Member LynxFX's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2012
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      369
      Vehicles
      2013 TT-RS; APR Stage 2
      10-05-2012 09:33 PM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by 4RingFanatic View Post
      But what is the lead time for ordering a Lotus Evora in a custom color?
      Surprisingly the same as ordering any other color. They are all hand built. You will end up paying a much higher premium than Audi though.

    25. Member LynxFX's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2012
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      369
      Vehicles
      2013 TT-RS; APR Stage 2
      10-29-2012 06:11 PM #125
      Patience ran out. Canceling my order. Appears the dealer doesn't actually have an allocation and have strung me along for 4 months.

      There just so happens to be one in a standard color that I like (Daytona Gray) and fully configured nearby. They will match the original offer so will check it out this weekend. Maybe I'll walk away with a TT-RS, otherwise it is off to Evoraland.

    For advertising information click HERE

    Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •