Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Any Other Lady Dub Nutz in the Bay Area?

Vehicles
      2012 Loaded Candy White 4 Door Golf R
      06-12-2012 11:18 AM #1
      Just checking to see if there are any other women Dub fans out there in the local area. I spend a lot of time on the Thread, Girls with Golf R's, but most of them are out on the East Coast. I was look'n for a group of other women to get together for rides and get togethers. I live in Woodside just outside of Palo alto and Redwood City. Hit me up!
      You've been a very bad bunny!

Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta GLI / 1988 VW Vanagon Wolfsburg Ed. / 1992 Cabriolet Wolfsburg Ed.
      06-13-2012 04:35 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by KatieLuvsFstRabbits View Post
      Just checking to see if there are any other women Dub fans out there in the local area. I spend a lot of time on the Thread, Girls with Golf R's, but most of them are out on the East Coast. I was look'n for a group of other women to get together for rides and get togethers. I live in Woodside just outside of Palo alto and Redwood City. Hit me up!
      Hi there! There's a handful of us here in the South Bay, and quite a few of us are connected via FaceBook. Check out the South Bay / Silicon Valley VW and Audi Group and maybe friend me on FB and I can hook you up with other women Dubbers that I know

Personally, I find Vortex to be pretty toxic and I know I'm not the only female Dubber who feels that way, so I know women tend to avoid the place.
      Last edited by cooties; 06-13-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Vehicles
      06-13-2012 04:51 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by cooties View Post
      Hi there! There's a handful of us here in the South Bay, and quite a few of us are connected via FaceBook. Check out the South Bay / Silicon Valley VW and Audi Group and maybe friend me on FB and I can hook you up with other women Dubbers that I know

Personally, I find Vortex to be pretty toxic and I know I'm not the only female Dubber who feels that way, so I know women tend to avoid the place.
      Hey Thanks Cooties,

I just friended you on FB and Joined the Group you mentioned! I'm excited to find some other women Dub Nutz. The Toxic man vibe about cars can get a little nauseating. Look forward to chilling some time.

Vehicles
      1996 2.0 GTI(Beater),1993 Corrado SLC (Whore),1975 Rabbit Swallowtail(Project),1990 Jetta GLI (RIP)
      06-13-2012 06:45 PM #4
      Hi
      I'm a girl also. But I live in the east bay. Their are several Corrado owners who are female in the area.
      Their are a few other Vdubbers up in Sacramento.
      The vortex is toxic no matter what. I get threats, rude comments, all sorts of BS, my car was even keyed by a male dominated car club. Haters are going to hate no matter what you sex is.
      Last edited by RedheadRado; 06-13-2012 at 06:50 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by NoCYet
      No worries, we'll still stand out in the sea of BBS RS's...

Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta GLI / 1988 VW Vanagon Wolfsburg Ed. / 1992 Cabriolet Wolfsburg Ed.
      06-13-2012 07:04 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by RedheadRado View Post
      Hi
      I'm a girl also. But I live in the east bay. Their are several Corrado owners who are female in the area.
      The vortex is toxic no matter what. I get threats, rude comments, all sorts of BS, my car was even keyed by a male dominated car club. Haters are going to hate no matter what you sex is.
      OMG - hi, Kat!! Lovely to bump into you on here. This is Allie - red Mk4 Jetta. We met (again) at Bug-O, a few weeks back

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2002 Audi TT 225 Quattro, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 1985 Toyota Supra, 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
      06-14-2012 08:28 PM #6

Yes as you may already be well aware, we in the South Bay group don't really care what sex, race, orientation, religion or nationality you are, if you like dubs and audis, you're obvi more than welcome!

Vehicles
      06-15-2012 10:57 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by renorains View Post
      Yes as you may already be well aware, we in the South Bay group don't really care what sex, race, orientation, religion or nationality you are, if you like dubs and audis, you're obvi more than welcome!
      It was totally my kind of group! I went to the GTG in Palo Alto. I love that everyone has such different views of what their Dub should be and look like!That kind of diversity is what I love about the Dub community! I saw an aswome bug that gave me aircooled envy and a Red R32 with Gold Enkei wheels that I thought was super HOT!I even saw a Rabbit pickup! When I retire and have more room in my garage I soooo want to restoe a rabbit pickup. I wanna do it the exact opposite of my Golf R. Where as my Golf R is all about go fast, I would clean up my rabbit pickup and bag her and slam her with big ole chrome 19 inchers.

I alos like that there were so many knowledgeable people. People who knew way more than me. I will totally be relying on that in the future! Anyway... Thanks for the invite! Can't wait to hang again!

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2002 Audi TT 225 Quattro, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 1985 Toyota Supra, 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
      06-15-2012 12:55 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by KatieLuvsFstRabbits View Post
      It was totally my kind of group! I went to the GTG in Palo Alto. I love that everyone has such different views of what their Dub should be and look like!That kind of diversity is what I love about the Dub community! I saw an aswome bug that gave me aircooled envy and a Red R32 with Gold Enkei wheels that I thought was super HOT!I even saw a Rabbit pickup! When I retire and have more room in my garage I soooo want to restoe a rabbit pickup. I wanna do it the exact opposite of my Golf R. Where as my Golf R is all about go fast, I would clean up my rabbit pickup and bag her and slam her with big ole chrome 19 inchers.

I alos like that there were so many knowledgeable people. People who knew way more than me. I will totally be relying on that in the future! Anyway... Thanks for the invite! Can't wait to hang again!
      Hopefully that was my bug that gave you aircooled envy

06-15-2012 01:56 PM #9
      look up @Monicups and her Tiguan
      untitled

Vehicles
      1996 2.0 GTI(Beater),1993 Corrado SLC (Whore),1975 Rabbit Swallowtail(Project),1990 Jetta GLI (RIP)
      06-15-2012 04:53 PM #10
      OMG - hi, Kat!! Lovely to bump into you on here. This is Allie - red Mk4 Jetta. We met (again) at Bug-O, a few weeks back
      Hi Allie,
      Did you get your car back yet?
      Sacwater had a blast at Wuste. You should come down for it.
      This year 4 girls placed. One BMW owner, One Mini owner, and One VW owner (me) and One king of the desert placer, 2nd(Kimmy, with her purple VR mk2 GTI ).
      Hooray for girl power.
      Lets make a big showing at Waterwerks on the Bay in September!
      Quote Originally Posted by NoCYet
      No worries, we'll still stand out in the sea of BBS RS's...

11. Awaiting Email Confirmation dennis2society's Avatar
      Vehicles
      69-00
      06-17-2012 01:27 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by RedheadRado View Post
      Hi
      Btw, I just purchased a 87 Gti for my oldest girl & a fellow dubber, father of girls who is starting to Love the Dub Scene. ie: for the chill & lay back atmosphere that most people put out.

I apologize for such juvenile delinquent actions of a few(boys) who never knew the hard work that you put into your vehicles.

These People & Actions should be Banned from the Scene.

I am encouraging my oldest to get on the "vtex" since FB is her thing.

Will be following & encouraging my girls to attend if they can, since they need to know the maintenance side of having these rides & the camaradie that it takes for gtgr's & parts hook up at times.

Last edited by dennis2society; 06-17-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Vehicles
      1987 GTI Golf
      07-16-2012 04:06 AM #12
      Hi, I'm Desiree.

Current college student and living in the Sacramento area, new to the Vortex and just got a 1987 Mk2 Golf GTI.

Excited and willing to learn about my new car! Any suggestions?

Last edited by des1ree; 07-16-2012 at 04:22 AM.

Vehicles
      Honda 07 LX Sedan
      07-24-2012 07:52 PM #13
      I am into all types of cars but right now I have a Honda Civic 07 LX Sedan. I am into import, domestic and muscle cars.