Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Information/Pic Request! - 2013 CC Murano Red interior shots

Vehicles
      2013 VW CC 4Motion
      06-12-2012 07:53 PM #1
      Greets!

I'm in the process of lining up a purchase for one of the new 2013 CC 4Mo Executives. Sadly, VW decided that only the Lux should have the option of an all black interior, and only with the Murano interior configuration!

So, to remedy this, I'm currently pricing out the nasty expenses associated with swapping every applicable part from a Murano Lux to an Executive. I've got the Service/Parts Dept. at my dealer on the case, but without having a Murano handy, it's a lengthy process.

Has anyone seen, own, or know someone who owns a Murano interior CC? I think there was someone on Vortex who was posting after buying one, but they may have sold it.

I'm specifically looking for photos that include everything above the door trim. Pillars, sun visors, mirror, airbag clips, etc. If anyone could be of assistance, please feel free to post them here, post links here, or PM me!

Vehicles
      2013 BMW 335xi
      06-12-2012 08:09 PM #2
      You can check cars.com or auto trader and look for pics of CCs with the red interior. To make searching a little easier, look for black CCs, as it seems the 1st set of cars coming in with the red interior are mixed with the black exterior. Also, your executive will have ventilated and massaging seats. The VR6 Lux does not have those features.
      '13 BMW 335xi M-Sport- Glacier Silver/Black Dakota- All the goodies
      '10 VW CC 2.0T Lux- Reflex Silver/Black- Appearance, Aluminum pedals (Traded In)
      -In the Family-
      '08 Q7 4.2 Premium, '14 428xi Vert., '06 Passat 3.6 4Motion (gone)

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 Volkswagen CC
      06-12-2012 08:17 PM #3
      I will post some pics later but its only the seats that would need swapped. They are the only thing in the car that is red. The door panels are black. They decided not to put the red door panels in.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 CC Sport with Light - Island Grey
      06-12-2012 08:43 PM #4

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 CC VR6 Lux Candy White, Murano Red & Black
      06-12-2012 11:29 PM #5
      The red interior is also the only color that gets a black headliner also.

Vehicles
      2013 VW CC 4Motion
      06-13-2012 01:07 AM #6
      To clarify, as there is some confusion.

I am not looking for the Murano/Black seats, I'm replacing my St. Tropez headliner/roofliner with the Titanium Black headliner/roofliner found with the Murano Red interior. I'm also swapping out all of the necessary St. Tropez parts that need swapping (Sun Visors, etc), but interior shots would greatly assist in identifying the various parts that are different colors - rather than having the parts department hand check everything.

Some of you may remember that image from another Vortex thread. I'm hoping that by getting closer shots, I can more easily discern what needs to be swapped out.
      Last edited by GeoVDub; 06-13-2012 at 01:15 AM.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 Volkswagen CC
      06-13-2012 08:32 AM #7
      You will be replacing everything from the neck up. All 6 pillar moldings, seat belt adjusters, headliner, coat hooks, grab handles, visors, auto-dimming mirror, overhead console, rear lamp assembly. And you will run into even bigger problems trying to find the headliner and trim pieces that accept the rear sunshade which comes on the 4motion. That would only be available on a european version of this car. Good luck trying to find those part #'s and getting a headliner shipped overseas will cost a small fortune.

I priced this out not long ago and even with a great discount it was about $1500 for just the parts.

Here are some pics.

Last edited by jbcc; 06-13-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Vehicles
      2013 VW CC 4Motion
      06-13-2012 11:06 AM #8
      Thanks for the shots!

Luckily, there are 5 headliners in the states!

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 Volkswagen CC
      06-13-2012 11:14 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoVDub View Post
      Thanks for the shots!

No there are 5 headliners in the states for CC's without an electric rear sunshade. The CC you want has a rear sunshade and takes a completely different headliner. And I guarantee you there are none of those in the states. The 5 you in the states are incompatible with the 4Motion. Good luck finding one.

And by the way...if your parts department doesn't know this, than they are stupid and you should go somewhere else.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 CC Sport with Light - Island Grey
      06-13-2012 11:18 AM #10
      Thanks for the shots!

however tropez has brown interior
      will it blend good with black upper part?

Vehicles
      2013 VW CC 4Motion
      06-13-2012 11:25 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by akipal View Post
      however tropez has brown interior
      will it blend good with black upper part?
      Black Interior.
      St. Tropez = Upper half of the vehicle, that ugly white/grey.

End result will be more along the lines of the image I posted later in the thread.

RE: Sunshade - The headliner is one of the parts that the Parts Department ran, before the whole bit of finding all of the other parts involved began, and they informed me that it would work. I'm heading over there again today so I can happily double check.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 Volkswagen CC
      06-13-2012 11:34 AM #12
      Black Interior.

End result will be more along the lines of the image I posted later in the thread.

RE: Sunshade - The headliner is one of the parts that the Parts Department ran, before the whole bit of finding all of the other parts involved began, and they informed me that it would work. I'm heading over there again today so I can happily double check.
      Yes and whatever they tell you they are wrong. I am very knowledgeable on this...trust me. But eventually all of you will figure out the problem one way or the other. The 4Motion headliner has integrated tracks and cutouts for the sunshade to lock in place. I GUARANTEE that the ones they are talking about are not going to work as the regular Lux does NOT have a sunshade. Like I said though, they will figure it out eventually.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 G63
      06-13-2012 12:01 PM #13
      The interior looks amazing but I feel cheated by VW because they show the door panels red on the website and sure enough black door panels is what you get. Thank you VW for the letdown

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 Volkswagen CC
      06-13-2012 12:16 PM #14
      Black Interior.

Ask them if this is the part # they are using: 3C8867502GBR2.

Let me know if you would.

Vehicles
      2013 VW CC 4Motion
      06-13-2012 01:01 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by jbcc View Post

Had to run over for something so I followed up with the Parts Guy while you made this post!

They were originally using the C-BR2, and it's been cleared up to reflect the need to work with models 'with roller blind.....rear window', and has been fixed to be the G-BR2. Additionally, they've got all of the necessary caps and appropriate pillars lined up to work with the roller system, same cost as the C-BR2 for the headliner.

It's a large quote, without the labor included. I'm prepared to pay it, and luckily everything has to be removed to get the roofliner out to begin with so I'm not looking to pay additional labor for each individual part.

Before I make the order, we'll be going over it again just to verify all of the parts, etc. Triple checking never hurts!

I have confidence in their ability to pull up the proper information, and given what I was seeing of the database they're using - if they're armed with the proper VIN, it's hard not to get it right (which is where double/triple checking comes in, as they had accidentally used a different VIN for a few things - partially my fault because of the massive amount of paperwork I provided them with multiple VINs).

I am extremely sensitive with my money, and a bit paranoid to boot. You can be certain that I will be combing over near everything to make sure it all lines up before spending the amount of money it's going to take to get this done. It will, however, solve my one gripe with every VW that I've owned - which is driving me to get this done.

At the moment, we're in the information collection stage. As a result, my approach may come across as haphazard. Before I pull the trigger, everything will be gone over with a fine toothed comb to verify that it will work.

On a side note, does anyone know if there is a private market for fresh replacement roofliners? If I go through with this, someone in IL who has wanted one could get it for a bit less than what the dealer is asking....

Looking at this parts list...I'll have quite a few extra pieces to deal with

Vehicles
      2013 VW CC 4Motion
      06-14-2012 03:48 PM #16

Just verified the availability of the items on my list (22+ unique part #s and growing), thus far the longest availability delay is only 5-10 business days. If you have any specific additional information regarding roadblocks, I'd love to hear them so I can be on the lookout for when they come up.

I know it's an expensive project, but the way I'm lining things up I have one shot at it (removal of windshield prior to delivery of vehicle so if anything comes up stemming from the work, it's not on my dime).

I'm in an interesting situation where one VIN I'm using is for a car that is not on the lot (Murano), and the second VIN is for an Executive which is not my final car (dealer is trying to trade their Executive for one matching the exterior I prefer - they specifically picked up the Executive to have something to trade). I'm going to do a final part check when I get the actual VIN for my car once we get it locked in.

So, again, if you have information - please feel free to share it. I understand that this is an expensive project, but similar to your lighting project - it's something I'm passionate about. Unless the costs balloon well past the estimates, or I hit a certifiable 'impossible to complete' roadblock, I'm likely going to move forward on this one.

To recap:

I took a Murano Interior VIN to get basic pieces and verify how the colors were listed.
      I took an Executive VIN to identify part differences.
      We used the database to identify each part (Titanium Black).
      Once we get the final VIN, we'll do a comprehensive comparison to verify that every piece has been accounted for, and probably do a visual check before removing it all.
      As a customer, I won't move forward on the project unless I'm 100% certain that the pieces will work. I will not pay for a part that I cannot use, and I really don't want to be on the hook for $2600-3000 in parts that I can't put into my vehicle.

Again, if you have information that you've turned up - please feel free to share it, otherwise, please understand that this is not a fanciful adventure that will grind to a halt because the cost has a few digits.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 Volkswagen CC
      06-14-2012 04:16 PM #17
      Just verified the availability of the items on my list (22+ unique part #s and growing), thus far the longest availability delay is only 5-10 business days. If you have any specific additional information regarding roadblocks, I'd love to hear them so I can be on the lookout for when they come up.

I know it's an expensive project, but the way I'm lining things up I have one shot at it (removal of windshield prior to delivery of vehicle so if anything comes up stemming from the work, it's not on my dime).

I'm in an interesting situation where one VIN I'm using is for a car that is not on the lot (Murano), and the second VIN is for an Executive which is not my final car (dealer is trying to trade their Executive for one matching the exterior I prefer - they specifically picked up the Executive to have something to trade). I'm going to do a final part check when I get the actual VIN for my car once we get it locked in.

So, again, if you have information - please feel free to share it. I understand that this is an expensive project, but similar to your lighting project - it's something I'm passionate about. Unless the costs balloon well past the estimates, or I hit a certifiable 'impossible to complete' roadblock, I'm likely going to move forward on this one.

To recap:

I took a Murano Interior VIN to get basic pieces and verify how the colors were listed.
      I took an Executive VIN to identify part differences.
      We used the database to identify each part (Titanium Black).
      Once we get the final VIN, we'll do a comprehensive comparison to verify that every piece has been accounted for, and probably do a visual check before removing it all.
      As a customer, I won't move forward on the project unless I'm 100% certain that the pieces will work. I will not pay for a part that I cannot use, and I really don't want to be on the hook for $2600-3000 in parts that I can't put into my vehicle.

Again, if you have information that you've turned up - please feel free to share it, otherwise, please understand that this is not a fanciful adventure that will grind to a halt because the cost has a few digits.
      I have the comprehensive list of parts to do this conversion on a CC without a sunroof or rear sushshade and they add up to about $1700. If that $2600 - $3000 is what they are charging you than I think they are not giving you a very good discount.

Get a list of part #'s from them and plug those numbers in at www.getvwparts.com, add them all to your cart, and see what the dollar amount comes to. That should be closer to what you should be paying.

Vehicles
      2013 VW CC 4Motion
      06-14-2012 04:41 PM #18
      I have the comprehensive list of parts to do this conversion on a CC without a sunroof or rear sushshade and they add up to about $1700. If that $2600 - $3000 is what they are charging you than I think they are not giving you a very good discount.

Get a list of part #'s from them and plug those numbers in at www.getvwparts.com, add them all to your cart, and see what the dollar amount comes to. That should be closer to what you should be paying.
      Feel free to PM the list if you have it accessible, it'd be interesting to cross-reference. Naturally, the Executive has the rolling rear sunshade, and the sunroof - which changes a few of the parts, most notably the upper front console. Additionally, going from 2011 to 2013 has some minor interior alterations, most notably the apparent lack of handles.

I know I'm getting mark up at the moment, it's all estimate. The haggling will come when the list is finally tallied, and I'll see if they can knock something off of the bundle. As I'm looking to get this done as part of the actual purchase process, and I know the profit margin of the CC is already low, I may look to haggle hard with Sales with the understanding that I'm dropping quite a bit in labor costs immediately upon purchase.

I'm sure that items will be added and subtracted from the list before everything is said and done.

Side note for lurkers: If I do go through with the conversion, as noted, I have a growing list of research and information regarding the project. I'll be working to compile everything into a spreadsheet, complete with labor costs, part numbers, general availability notes, etc for anyone else considering it.
      Last edited by GeoVDub; 06-14-2012 at 04:50 PM.

19. 06-14-2012 06:48 PM #19
      Why don't you go to a custom shop and just have them cover the red in black? It will keep the same look and they can even redo the whole seat and make it look exactly the same or however you want. should be cheaper as cost would be just fabric/labor....who can't do a headliner themselves?

Vehicles
      2013 VW CC 4Motion
      06-14-2012 06:58 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
      Why don't you go to a custom shop and just have them cover the red in black? It will keep the same look and they can even redo the whole seat and make it look exactly the same or however you want. should be cheaper as cost would be just fabric/labor....who can't do a headliner themselves?
      Because I'm not getting a Murano Interior.

I'm getting a Black 4Mo with Black Interior, but the Black interior comes with a St. Tropez roofliner - not the Titanium Black of the Murano Interior. The conversion that I'm looking to do is replacing everything above the doors that is St. Tropez, with Titanium Black/Satin Black parts.

I'm not interested in having non-VW parts in my VW.

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC R-Line
      06-14-2012 07:55 PM #21
      I'm relatively confident someone with a lux or 4-mo will swap headliners, etc with you.

Sent from the future using Tapatalk
      OEM+ : Cup Holder, Turns, Piano Black Trim, Ambient Lighting, Dial Pad, RNS-315, F/R Footwell lighting, Door Warning Lights, Euro Switch, Asypherical Anti-Dazzle Mirrors, PIAA Lighting, 9W7, OEM RVC, Black Grill, Custom Painted Lip Spoiler, extra baggage hook! Performance : ///AWE CC Developmental Car: K04 w/GIAC H.O. File, Catback, DP, C|C|B Intake, TOP, S3 + Hose Kit, H&R Springs, Rotiform MIAS, Conti DWS 235/35/19, Pedal Kit, Boost Gauge!

Vehicles
      2013 VW CC 4Motion
      06-14-2012 08:11 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by JHolmes View Post
      I'm relatively confident someone with a lux or 4-mo will swap headliners, etc with you.

Sent from the future using Tapatalk
      It's...really not that simple.

As noted within the thread itself, I'm ordering a very specific Titanium Black roofliner, that is molded in the rear to fit the tracks of the rear sunshade found in the Executive trim. Additionally, I'm ordering quite a number of pillar trims, console bezels, airbag notification pieces, coat hangers, mirror bezels, visors, etc.