Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: FS - 1991 Volkswagen Jetta MK2 Turbo Diesel for repair or parts

1. 06-13-2012 07:45 PM #1
      1991 Jetta - Ecodiesel Model. 1.6L diesel engine with stock turbo. 5 Speed manual. Does not run.
      It needs a diesel injection pump installed. I have a spare pump that may or may not work, either way you can send it out to be refurbished for about $300. The car was running strong when the pump went. It was my daily driver for four years and the cost of ownership was very low. It gets a consistent 48 mpg and with the turbo it goes, well, went pretty good. The body is 100% rot free and the original undercoat from the factory is still there. The interior is okay. The rear half of the headliner has lost the fabric, but all the seats are free of burns and rips. It does not have air conditioning.

I am the second owner and when I bought it four years ago it had 86K miles one it. Now it has 260K miles, 90% highway travel, at least. I have put on many new parts over the four years I have owned it. The car is sound and responsive.

It does not leak and never has.

http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/3076303113.html

Vehicles
      '91 GTI TDI powered, '97 B4GLXTDI, Vitus 979, Schwinn Traveler Fixie
      06-13-2012 08:31 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by mxwll View Post
      1991 Jetta - Ecodiesel Model. 1.6L diesel engine with stock turbo. 5 Speed manual. Does not run.
      It needs a diesel injection pump installed. I have a spare pump that may or may not work, either way you can send it out to be refurbished for about $300. The car was running strong when the pump went. It was my daily driver for four years and the cost of ownership was very low. It gets a consistent 48 mpg and with the turbo it goes, well, went pretty good. The body is 100% rot free and the original undercoat from the factory is still there. The interior is okay. The rear half of the headliner has lost the fabric, but all the seats are free of burns and rips. It does not have air conditioning.

I am the second owner and when I bought it four years ago it had 86K miles one it. Now it has 260K miles, 90% highway travel, at least. I have put on many new parts over the four years I have owned it. The car is sound and responsive.

It does not leak and never has.

http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/3076303113.html
      hmm my AHU would go nicely in there...

3. Member
      Vehicles
      91 Jetta coupe
      06-14-2012 08:29 AM #3
      can i get more pics plz very interested lawrenceerrol29@gmail.com

4. 06-14-2012 01:10 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by euromrk2 View Post
      can i get more pics plz very interested lawrenceerrol29@gmail.com
      Pics sent.