Ok I've had this system installed for a few years now and it's been running awesome until just recently when started to run funky. It's chipped for 16v N/A and I have Vac, WB, and FP gauges installed for monitoring....no ISV.
Closed loop acceleration is where it gets wierd. I can be cruising at any speed and run about 14-15afr BUT as soon as I dip into the throttle slow or fast I get this lean spot 16-18afr for about 1sec. After that it settles anywhere from 12 if WOT to 14 under continued acceleration.
Yesterday, in an effort to remedy the issue I did some maintenance.
Here's what I found/did.
1. Checked ECU grounds
- Found that larger gauge ground to the head was cracked in a couple spots. I spliced into the existing wire near the ECU and connected back to the head with a new terminal.
2. Checked CO Pot
- It was totally fried and not giving any resistance value! Luckily I had a spare so I installed that one and dialed it to 450ohm.
3. Checked Vac Lines
- All my lines are 3yrs old and they still look brand new. Pulling 20 in the vac gauge at idle...
4. Checked fuel pressure and fuel system for leaks.
- FP is 50psi and I did not find any sign of leakage
So any advice or tips??
Pic for clicks -