Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: How to drive a turbo?

1. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      '12 VW 'R' 2 dr CW
      06-16-2012 01:11 AM #1
      I'm expecting take my 2Dr CW R home this week. Rims and rubber getting my attention and Led tails are in hand.
      I've been reading all the wisdom in online forums during the past long weeks and I thank all who post for making them so informative. And showing the fun ways to spend my dough in the aftermarket..
      Tonight I was reading a posting which talked about needing to know how to drive the R turbo to truly appreciate it.
      I have spent this past year with a MT TDI Golf, and love the low end grunt of the diesel's torque curve. Any turbo lag seems just about undetectable.
      I know the R engine is no Honda 2000 screamer, but where does the fun begin and end on the VW R output curve? Does a Stage I tune move the power up or down band much?
      Any wisdom much appreciated.

2. 06-16-2012 03:22 PM #2
      the wisdom you seek may be found on goapr.com , click products, ecu tuning. Also, probably should post this on the forums for Golf R, not the classifieds for golf R.

Wisdom completed

3. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      '12 VW 'R' 2 dr CW
      06-16-2012 07:44 PM #3
      It was soon clear I was posting in the wrong place, but I couldn't figure out how or if I could move it.
      Thanks for the leads.

4. 09-14-2013 11:25 AM #4
      No, it's no s2000, it's much better in every way
      2012 GTI APR K04