Going to put this on Craigslist today...
I drive this car too much for it's own good (commuting)... So it is time to move on to something else.
- 2004 Jetta GLS - 1.8T - Reflex Silver
- Tiptronic Transmission
- Currently at around 153,000 miles - I commute 150 miles (round-trip) per day, so this is 90% highway miles
- Grey leather interior - No holes or scratches - Heated front seats
- APR Stage 1 (Stock, 91, 93, 100)
- OEM Sport Exhaust (Remus) - Resonator back
- Raxles - Front axles
- 4-Motion front lip
- Black grill and emblem
- GLI Headlights - with working fogs
- Smoked bumper markers
- Sharkfin antenna
- Koni coilovers - Adjustable dampening - with about 15k on them
- 18" MkV Euro R32 replica rims (5x100)- Some scratches. Remember, this is a daily driver
- GLI Tails
- OEM Roof rack - Fairing and snowboard attachements not included
- Sport Pedals
- Working half-screen MFD w/temp
- Vent-mounted boost gauge
- iPod Adapter
- Euro Headlight switch
- Tint (50% front, 15% rear)
Plus... I kept a lot of the stock parts:
- Stock struts & shocks - about 40k on them
- Stock springs
- Stock front lip (small hole in underside)
- Stock drivers-side vent (to replace the one with the boost gauge in it if needed)
- Stock front grill and emblem
- There's more... I'm sure I am forgetting something
Everything for $5,000 OBO (Vortex Price)
I'd love for this to go to someone who will continue to take excellent care of it like i have. The car runs great and hasn't given me any troubles.
I drive between Santa Barbara and Simi Valley 4 days per week if you'd like to check it out in person.
Thanks for taking a look!
Last edited by sdlucky7; 08-03-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Most of the basic maintenance was done at SB VW (oil changes, etc). I can get a printout of the work done at the dealership if you'd like to see. The rest was done in my garage by a VW certified tech (a buddy of mine who works at SB VW) and myself. This is my daily driver so I make sure to keep up on maintenance items and checking for anything unusual.
Timing belt, water pump (new is metal impeller), tensioner, thermostat, etc were replaced about 2 years ago at 79,500 miles. So it is just about due for another round, mileage-wise.
Let me know if you have any other questions or need anymore info!
I've never had any problems with it.
In my opinion, a lot of the issues you read about are from people who try to track a tiptronic car (problem 1) and/or don't understand how they work (problem 2). As long as you use it for what it is (a shift-able automatic transmission) then everything should be fine. I daily drive mine, and got it chipped simply for fun in passing and merging on the freeway.
Now, if you go and do a bunch of other mods (big turbo, etc), I could see issues coming up from the amount of torque produced. But you would get that from any OEM automatic transmission.
If you are thinking about getting chipped, I'd suggest seeing if you can get a trial. APR has one, it gives you a good feel for how your car will behave and goes back to stock after a set amount of time (APR was 6 hours driving I think).