Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 6 of 6

    Thread: Throttle body

    1. 06-18-2012 10:02 PM #1
      On my 2002 jetta wagon 1.8t It has been idleing a little rough, so I removed and cleaned out the throttle body. Followed instructions and turned key on too allow for alignment
      . No high pitched sound was heard to indicate it was adjusting. Started car and it runs but shakes very much. Drove for ten minutes and the engine learches alot. No trouble lights are on. What happened? Any help would be great.

    2. Member 01TornadoWolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 17th, 2009
      Location
      Winooski, VT
      Posts
      521
      Vehicles
      2001 Jetta 1.8T Wolfsburg Edition
      06-19-2012 09:42 AM #2
      need to perform throttle body adaptation/alignment via vagcom
      | 802 |

    3. 06-19-2012 09:52 AM #3
      A tbody alignment wont happen on its own by just turning the key on... That is a vortex fairy-tell. If you were using vag and didn't exit out of basic settings before cranking then you damaged your throttle body and need a new one....
      Clarify if you were using vag?

    4. 06-19-2012 06:14 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Twopnt016v View Post
      A tbody alignment wont happen on its own by just turning the key on... That is a vortex fairy-tell. If you were using vag and didn't exit out of basic settings before cranking then you damaged your throttle body and need a new one....
      Clarify if you were using vag?
      No, I was not using vag. Did not realize it would not adjust when key turned on. I will try to use vagcom alignment and hope it works. Thanks.

    5. 06-19-2012 07:47 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by mappy62 View Post
      No, I was not using vag. Did not realize it would not adjust when key turned on. I will try to use vagcom alignment and hope it works. Thanks.
      Please got to Rosstech and read how to perform the Tbody alignment. Like I said if you fail to do it right you can destroy your tbody.

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2007
      Location
      MA
      Posts
      1,218
      Vehicles
      2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      06-21-2012 02:11 PM #6
      check for codes first and see what it says. i think you have an ignition coil problem.

      Quote Originally Posted by mappy62 View Post
      On my 2002 jetta wagon 1.8t It has been idleing a little rough, so I removed and cleaned out the throttle body. Followed instructions and turned key on too allow for alignment
      . No high pitched sound was heard to indicate it was adjusting. Started car and it runs but shakes very much. Drove for ten minutes and the engine learches alot. No trouble lights are on. What happened? Any help would be great.

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •