Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Roomate/His friends blamed my dog for wet spot on bed...

Vehicles
      2011 Ram 1500, 2003 Stratus SXT
      06-19-2012 04:47 PM #1
      My pit has never had any accidents on the bed. The only accidents she's ever had was the first day I got her, or when her stomach was upset. Also, every accident has been on the hardwoods/tile. She knows not to go on the carpet, muchless the bed. When she has an accident, she can barely stand to look at you because she is so ashamed. She knows better.

Fast forward to this past weekend. My roomate has two friends (girls) stay over and he gives them his room. Everyone is doing their thing and when my dog isn't with me, she's with my bf. Well my dog is pretty much shadowing me or my bf the whole time, when I get a text from my roomate asking if I had extra bed sheets. I reply and he says that my dog peed on his bed and the sheets needed to be switched out. I grab the sheets and ask the girls what happened. They said that my dog got over excited/nervous and peed. She's not the type to do that and has never done that before. I ask how bad it was and if it got on the mattress and they just brush it off as not being that bad and it wasn't a big deal. I even offered to flip the mattress. They declined. One of the girls briefly mentioned that the other one was super scared of dogs and that my dog probably got nervous and wet herself. I think it's the other way around. Either that or they spilled something, had their period...idk.

My roomate is late on his rent and we are going to have a 'talk' tonight. I have a feeling he may try to weasel out of paying a portion b/c of what happened. I almost wonder if it was staged. He was supposed to pay me on Friday but 'forgot'.
      Previously Owned: 2010 Kia Forte, 2010 JK Wrangler, 2007 Passat, 2003 Jetta, 2002 Jetta, 1992 Sentra, 1998 Dakota, 1990 Ford Ranger

Vehicles
      '11 WRX
      06-20-2012 09:38 AM #2
      Pretty easy to tell if it's pee. Give it a good, close sniff. Seriously. You'll know right away if it's pee or not.

Vehicles
      2011 Ram 1500, 2003 Stratus SXT
      06-20-2012 09:49 AM #3
      That's the thing. I never got to. They put the sheets in the washer before I even had a chance.
      Previously Owned: 2010 Kia Forte, 2010 JK Wrangler, 2007 Passat, 2003 Jetta, 2002 Jetta, 1992 Sentra, 1998 Dakota, 1990 Ford Ranger

Vehicles
      '11 WRX
      06-20-2012 09:55 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by VW1.8Tsunami View Post
      That's the thing. I never got to. They put the sheets in the washer before I even had a chance.
      I've found that sheets will often still smell if they're not washed with nature's miracle or something. And even the faintest hint of pee will make it's way to the mattress and make it smell.

Obviously not your dog, but my almost 5 year old pit has random accidents here and there (usually under strange circumstances, like someone else's sofa at a crowded and loud house party ), so I guess it's not impossible. Either way, sounds like a weird situation.

If your roommate wants to use it as an excuse to not pay rent, you should just buy him a new sheet set and tell him to pay up for the rent.

Vehicles
      2010 Nissan Altima SR
      06-20-2012 03:09 PM #5
      They should have kept the door closed if one had an issue with dogs. The dog was a scapegoat for them spilling something most likely.

Vehicles
      2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
      06-28-2012 05:35 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by 10altimasr View Post
      They should have kept the door closed if one had an issue with dogs. The dog was a scapegoat for them spilling something most likely.
      This sounds like the case. the other day, our 2 1/2 year old hound/lab/??? Mix wet himself over someone who he normally loves (a friend was staying with us, and came in at one point in motorcycle gear) so it does happen. Our friend knew diesel was nervous, but he usually gets over it quickly when he realizes he knows the person. I guess he didnt this time. He was sad for a whole day and extra snugly that night. He's really only had 2 accidents before that and they were as a pup.

I'd give the sheets a smell anyhow. You'll be able to smell pee - I feel like the girls might not have been smart enough to google it if it was pee. Unfortunately my inlaws dog has peed on enough of our stuff I know how hard it is to get out. Natures miracle is the ****.
      If I were a supermarket lobster, I wouldn't wish for anything less than nuclear Armageddon.

06-29-2012 09:47 PM #7
      really? it's pee... who gives a ****.

My bunny is peeing on my toes as I type. It happens.
      x