Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 36 to 61 of 61

    Thread: FS: 2012 base golf R 8k miles $35k

    1. Junior Member Deütsche Möb's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 5th, 2011
      Location
      San Diego | Birmingham
      Posts
      75
      07-25-2012 10:32 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by Cuwlb44 View Post
      Still for sale, despite the people ****ting on my op saying they are paying 30k...guess what I paid 38... And if you got one for 31, good for you. But don't post that bs on here...

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2nd, 2007
      Posts
      514
      Vehicles
      2012 base CW GOLF R:.
      07-28-2012 09:29 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by Cuwlb44 View Post
      Still for sale, despite the people ****ting on my op saying they are paying 30k...guess what I paid 38... And if you got one for 31, good for you. But don't post that bs on here...
      Why should someone else have to pay for your lack of negotiation skills?

      =P
      Golf R, APR stage 2+, APR TurboBack, APR HPFP, HPA Competition Haldex, AWE CB intake w/ tts engine cover and Neuspeed Heat Shield, BFI Clean Catch Can, OEM LED tails, LED interior, Euro Cup holder, BK springs, TBperformance mid chassis brace, HPA 75a puck, Neuspeed Rear Sway w/endlinks, HPA short shift with 42DD Shifter Bushings, Michelin Pilot Super Sports 235/40/18,VMR V810's Build Thread Instagram: @Dubonomics

    3. 07-30-2012 12:37 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Cevin View Post
      Why should someone else have to pay for your lack of negotiation skills?

      =P
      Here use ur brain... 900 under msrp, add TTL, and add extended warranty until 100k miles...hmm

    4. Junior Member Deütsche Möb's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 5th, 2011
      Location
      San Diego | Birmingham
      Posts
      75
      08-03-2012 03:02 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by Cuwlb44 View Post
      Here use ur brain... 900 under msrp, add TTL, and add extended warranty until 100k miles...hmm

    5. Member goforit2007's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Mount Prospect, IL (Chicagoland)
      Posts
      2,860
      Vehicles
      2012 4dr Base Rising Blue Golf R
      08-03-2012 03:26 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by Cuwlb44 View Post
      Here use ur brain... 900 under msrp, add TTL, and add extended warranty until 100k miles...hmm

      umm.. probably not the best way to aid in selling your car with these kind of comments.. just sayin
      -2012 Rising Blue Base 4dr 2012 R (current daily driver!)

      -1995 Spec Miata
      -1994 Sentra SE-R (PTE track beast in-the-works)
      -1995 Infiniti G20 (NASA PTF/TTF track rat) and 2012 NASA Nationals PTF Champion!

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 6th, 2010
      Location
      Houston, Tx
      Posts
      322
      Vehicles
      current 1989 GLI Helios VR6, 87 325is, 87 golf gt lsv, 74 Trans am 455, 99 ctr rep, 94 civic si hb
      08-07-2012 01:34 PM #41
      how do you rate the soloworks for the golf R?

    7. Member Cozotess18's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 20th, 2012
      Location
      Yardley, PA
      Posts
      520
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R in RB
      08-10-2012 07:41 PM #42
      It's true, Colonial VW does mark up the prices of the Rs. I considered buying an R from there and decoded not to because I was told that the owner was considering "having a bidding war on ebay" for the car, and he was looking to get 41k for the car alone. It was one of the first Rs the dealership received. I laughed, but was disgusted as well. But it's not surprising because I remember that the dealership marked up the MKIV R32 by 5k. I don't know why I even considered going to the dealership.

      Needless to say, within a few days of visiting nearby dealerships, I found 2 dealerships who were selling a bit below MSRP, and the cars were on the lot. I decided to order simply because I wanted a different color.

      I still perplexed that anyone would post on an enthusiast forum that they were selling the car above MSRP.

      As far as the OP, 34k seems reasonable with all the mods. GLWS
      Gal with a Blue R

    8. Member vadimr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 21st, 2012
      Location
      Monmouth County, NJ
      Posts
      763
      Vehicles
      2012 jetta GLI
      09-07-2012 05:02 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by Cozotess18 View Post
      It's true, Colonial VW does mark up the prices of the Rs. I considered buying an R from there and decoded not to because I was told that the owner was considering "having a bidding war on ebay" for the car, and he was looking to get 41k for the car alone. It was one of the first Rs the dealership received. I laughed, but was disgusted as well. But it's not surprising because I remember that the dealership marked up the MKIV R32 by 5k. I don't know why I even considered going to the dealership.

      Needless to say, within a few days of visiting nearby dealerships, I found 2 dealerships who were selling a bit below MSRP, and the cars were on the lot. I decided to order simply because I wanted a different color.

      I still perplexed that anyone would post on an enthusiast forum that they were selling the car above MSRP.

      As far as the OP, 34k seems reasonable with all the mods. GLWS
      Many car dealers have HUGE heads on their shoulders. Unbelievable how some of them get away with their day to day activities. Philadelphia has some of the worst IMO. Luckily, there is good in this world. There are numerous dealerships that are honest and loyal to returning customers. 34 is reasonable, but will probably have to go lower to sell fast. GLWS op .

    9. Senior Member Aonarch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 4th, 2006
      Location
      US 129/ GA SR 60
      Posts
      34,486
      Vehicles
      The Standard of the World | Das Auto | Feed Your Restless
      09-24-2012 06:21 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by mk2gti2 View Post
      how do you rate the soloworks for the golf R?
      $38,000 car, $500 coils.
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Aonarch's Blog!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

    10. 10-01-2012 11:47 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      $38,000 car, $500 coils.
      Yep and they are amazing!

    11. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 25th, 2005
      Location
      Beaverton, OR
      Posts
      4,505
      Vehicles
      01 Audi TT Coupe
      10-26-2012 06:36 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      $38,000 car, $500 coils.
      How is that relative in any way to the quality of this car? Is there a ratio that is unspoken in the car world, that says you should spend 5% of the cost of the car on coilovers, to ensure that it is fitted with proper equipment? How much do you think the stock suspension cost to VW was? I can tell you its much less than the $500 spent on these coils? Does that mean that VW cheaped out when they built the car?

      Leave this guy alone and let him sell his car.

      I have been reading through the R forum, and can't believe how many people just trash on others in here. Crapping on people because they think they spent too much, or bragging that they spent less, and passing it off as "educating others". What BS.... I know it happens in a lot of the other forums (Mk1, Mk2, etc.), I just figured people would be more respectful, and a bit less highschool in here.

      My fault for assuming.
      - 2004 Jetta GLI (Lagoon Blue), Bilstein PSS9s, Eurojet 3" TBE (with Borla Muffler) - Hybrid K04, Unitronic 415cc K04 Tune, Carbonio CAI, Peloquin LSD, New South Boost Gauge, Forge DV
      - Old Ride - 2001 Audi TT Coupe, Amulet Red, KSport Coilovers, Staggered Miro 111 (Front 18x8.5 with 20mm Adapters, et20, Rear 18x9.5 with 18mm Adapters, et17), Uni Stage 2.

    12. 10-27-2012 12:58 AM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by beetlevdubn View Post
      How is that relative in any way to the quality of this car? Is there a ratio that is unspoken in the car world, that says you should spend 5% of the cost of the car on coilovers, to ensure that it is fitted with proper equipment? How much do you think the stock suspension cost to VW was? I can tell you its much less than the $500 spent on these coils? Does that mean that VW cheaped out when they built the car?

      Leave this guy alone and let him sell his car.

      I have been reading through the R forum, and can't believe how many people just trash on others in here. Crapping on people because they think they spent too much, or bragging that they spent less, and passing it off as "educating others". What BS.... I know it happens in a lot of the other forums (Mk1, Mk2, etc.), I just figured people would be more respectful, and a bit less highschool in here.

      My fault for assuming.
      Thanks man, I've noticed the same as well. Bump up this is still for sale as well. I'm open for offers!

    13. Member goforit2007's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Mount Prospect, IL (Chicagoland)
      Posts
      2,860
      Vehicles
      2012 4dr Base Rising Blue Golf R
      10-28-2012 05:30 AM #48
      You haven't been able to find a new job since June? so much for the economy improving
      -2012 Rising Blue Base 4dr 2012 R (current daily driver!)

      -1995 Spec Miata
      -1994 Sentra SE-R (PTE track beast in-the-works)
      -1995 Infiniti G20 (NASA PTF/TTF track rat) and 2012 NASA Nationals PTF Champion!

    14. 10-31-2012 11:30 PM #49
      Yea I'm actually in the process of trying to open my own business now since finding a job has been a pain in the ass.

    15. Member BRES's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 24th, 2009
      Posts
      803
      Vehicles
      Mk4 GTI, C7 3.0T Quattro, 335i
      11-03-2012 12:30 PM #50
      Nice car, free bump.

      What kind of job were you looking for?
      2012 335i Alpine White Loaded (his) - JB4, BMS downpipe, Active Autowerke Exhaust, ER FMIC
      2013 A6 Glacier White Metallic 3.0T Quattro Prestige (her's)

      MK4 GTI 1.8T with goodies (garage queen)

    16. 11-06-2012 10:57 PM #51
      I'm a personal trainer and its so hard trying to find a well paying gym to work for. I've decided to open up a gym called 9 round, pretty cool concept

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2010
      Location
      Maine
      Posts
      138
      Vehicles
      2012 CSG Golf R
      01-29-2013 02:09 PM #52
      I work at the 3rd oldest VW dealership in the nation. Everyone claiming to buy Golf R's for $30,000 are lying. There is no way a dealer is going to lose over $5,000 on a car. These cars are marked up approximately $1,500 over invoice. There is also 2% of dealership holdback. However, $35,000 for a used one is too much. Market value for such a car is in the $32,000 range (at a dealership).

    18. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 5th, 2012
      Location
      TX
      Posts
      29
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      01-29-2013 06:28 PM #53
      ^ this.

      I went to Carmax to get mine appraised, and they said they would be trying to RETAIL it for $31,000. This is in TX and it's a Sat/Nav package 2-door with 6500 miles. Just giving perspective.

    19. Member FuelInMyVeins's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 8th, 2012
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      4,090
      Vehicles
      2014 FG4
      02-01-2013 08:46 AM #54
      Lol @ $35K for used Golf R. Dude mods don't add value.
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      TCLers bitching about braking performance being subpar on a track is laughable. Most of you wouldn't have a pair of stones big enough or the skills to fade the brakes on a Prius.

      In before the autocross brigade of armchair quarterbacks chime in.

    20. 02-11-2013 12:54 AM #55
      Lol considering the car now has 18k miles and this thread is over 6 months old, the price would not be 35k. I'm in no rush to sell anymore, I'd entertain reasonable offers though.

    21. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2013
      Location
      Mantua, Ohio
      Posts
      12
      Vehicles
      Current is a 05 Neon SRT-4
      02-12-2013 01:55 PM #56
      Believe me dealerships do anything to clear out previous years inventory. Why would someone pay 35k for a brand new base golf r when i can sell you at a 2013 for 35k new doesnt make sense to the consumer, or the company so marking it down significantly will move. Also I will tell you when a dealership does this they make more than you think off of it car manufacture will tend to pay the dealership an extra bit of money just to move the previous year's stock.

    22. 02-13-2013 02:00 AM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by NateWiese View Post
      Believe me dealerships do anything to clear out previous years inventory. Why would someone pay 35k for a brand new base golf r when i can sell you at a 2013 for 35k new doesnt make sense to the consumer, or the company so marking it down significantly will move. Also I will tell you when a dealership does this they make more than you think off of it car manufacture will tend to pay the dealership an extra bit of money just to move the previous year's stock.

      Clearly you didn't read the last post 😳

    23. 10-09-2013 11:00 PM #58
      Full stage 2+ with wheels... Might want to consider price dropping... http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...7#post83229267
      Winners never quit and quitters never win.

    24. 10-09-2013 11:10 PM #59
      Winners never quit and quitters never win.

    25. 10-09-2013 11:12 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by beetlevdubn View Post
      How is that relative in any way to the quality of this car? Is there a ratio that is unspoken in the car world, that says you should spend 5% of the cost of the car on coilovers, to ensure that it is fitted with proper equipment? How much do you think the stock suspension cost to VW was? I can tell you its much less than the $500 spent on these coils? Does that mean that VW cheaped out when they built the car?

      Leave this guy alone and let him sell his car.

      I have been reading through the R forum, and can't believe how many people just trash on others in here. Crapping on people because they think they spent too much, or bragging that they spent less, and passing it off as "educating others". What BS.... I know it happens in a lot of the other forums (Mk1, Mk2, etc.), I just figured people would be more respectful, and a bit less highschool in here.

      My fault for assuming.
      People are rude man and it sucks. The R is a nice car, but there are several up for sale here with mods and reasonable pricing so it would have to be a great deal. I'm in the market for a R too
      Winners never quit and quitters never win.

    26. Junior Member mnboarder1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2010
      Location
      Woodbury, MN
      Posts
      95
      Vehicles
      MKV R32 #1401
      10-16-2013 12:34 PM #61
      These cars are only marked up $1300-1600 over invoice. I see what my dealer has to pay to get these cars and even if we sold them for even 32k we wouldn't even be breaking even with kick back. This is on the Sunroof/Nav ones.
      Last edited by mnboarder1; 10-16-2013 at 12:36 PM.
      Intagram - C_COHO93
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      The first thing I thought was... black people will love this.

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •