Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: WTB MK4 TDI Golf

1. 06-24-2012 03:54 PM #1
      Looking for a clean 4-door, manual, mk4 TDI Golf. Preferably pre-04 with the ALH, but may settle for the newer ones with the PD motor. Willing to fly out and drive back in the continental US. If anyone knows anyone that's selling, feel free to send me a PM with their contact info. I have been looking for months and I'm starting to get desperate. Something like this or this would be PERFECT, but beggars can't be choosers. By the way, it doesn't need to be modded like those, I will take a bone stock one. However, those two are just really taken care of is what I'm pointing out.

Thanks for any leads you guys have!
      Last edited by TDI_Bug; 06-24-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Vehicles
      in a former life: '02 VW Golf TDi GLS greaser // '81 VW Rabbit Convertible // '89 VW Jetta GL
      06-26-2012 02:22 AM #2
      I've got the following. I'm on the fence for selling as I love this car, but am living in the city and really don't use it... ever.

Where are you located?

- 2002 Golf GLS TDi,
      - 195k miles, 5spd, 4door.
      - Uni-Black/black cloth,
      - sun/moon roof,
      - OEM VW Votex roof rack w/ two bike trays, OR Thule setup (can talk.)
      - shortened shifter,
      - lighted Jetta vents,
      - orange fender markers,
      - extra 12v lighter/outlet installed in enter console (behind e-brake),
      - Alpine CDA9884 with iPod control,
      - 20th Ann. full suspension swap,
      - GTi Joey-modded headlights with fogs,
      - lower bumper fogs (both fogs to a Euro switch),
      - wheel spacers front / rear to near fender-flush,
      - 17" Long Beaches with new-ish 225/45/17s (5 rims total), and
      - 16" Beetle steelies w/ 205/55/16 Goodyear snows (probably ~1 season left)

*Timing belt, water pump, rollers/etc. all being done now - literally went into the shop yesterday. Also: fuel filter, lines (synthetic), and battery being replaced.

* New: front & rear rotors & pads ($1100) in December '11, control arms (~20k ago), sunroof drain lines to rear hatch, etc.

* It also has a ~11gallon Grease car system installed with spare tire tank, dash switch/buzzer, and gas gauge installed in the sunroof motor cover.

Old (and dirty) pictures - Shift boot and sunroof cover (w/ fuel gauge) are in the car now: http://www.brownphotoworks.net/galleries/greg

3. 06-26-2012 11:23 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by TDI_Bug View Post
      Looking for a clean 4-door, manual, mk4 TDI Golf. Preferably pre-04 with the ALH, but may settle for the newer ones with the PD motor. Willing to fly out and drive back in the continental US. If anyone knows anyone that's selling, feel free to send me a PM with their contact info. I have been looking for months and I'm starting to get desperate. Something like this or this would be PERFECT, but beggars can't be choosers. By the way, it doesn't need to be modded like those, I will take a bone stock one. However, those two are just really taken care of is what I'm pointing out.

Thanks for any leads you guys have!
      See mine if you're interested.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...0-miles-cherry!

4. 06-28-2012 11:31 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by mkId View Post
      I've got the following. I'm on the fence for selling as I love this car, but am living in the city and really don't use it... ever.

Where are you located?

- 2002 Golf GLS TDi,
      - 195k miles, 5spd, 4door.
      - Uni-Black/black cloth,
      - sun/moon roof,
      - OEM VW Votex roof rack w/ two bike trays, OR Thule setup (can talk.)
      - shortened shifter,
      - lighted Jetta vents,
      - orange fender markers,
      - extra 12v lighter/outlet installed in enter console (behind e-brake),
      - Alpine CDA9884 with iPod control,
      - 20th Ann. full suspension swap,
      - GTi Joey-modded headlights with fogs,
      - lower bumper fogs (both fogs to a Euro switch),
      - wheel spacers front / rear to near fender-flush,
      - 17" Long Beaches with new-ish 225/45/17s (5 rims total), and
      - 16" Beetle steelies w/ 205/55/16 Goodyear snows (probably ~1 season left)

*Timing belt, water pump, rollers/etc. all being done now - literally went into the shop yesterday. Also: fuel filter, lines (synthetic), and battery being replaced.

* New: front & rear rotors & pads ($1100) in December '11, control arms (~20k ago), sunroof drain lines to rear hatch, etc.

* It also has a ~11gallon Grease car system installed with spare tire tank, dash switch/buzzer, and gas gauge installed in the sunroof motor cover.

Old (and dirty) pictures - Shift boot and sunroof cover (w/ fuel gauge) are in the car now: http://www.brownphotoworks.net/galleries/greg
      Hi how much?

Vehicles
      in a former life: '02 VW Golf TDi GLS greaser // '81 VW Rabbit Convertible // '89 VW Jetta GL
      06-29-2012 10:07 AM #5
      with all the recent work (timing belt and water pump, etc) asking $7400 obo. PM me for email or phone number

6. Semi-n00b
      07-09-2012 07:06 PM #6
      pm sent.

7. n00b
      Vehicles
      In order of ownership- 1970 beetle, 1999.5 Jetta 2.slow, 1970 beetle (agian), 1999.5 TDI Golf.
      08-19-2012 08:07 AM #7
      http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/13036801 I've got mine for sale because I want a r.