Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Help me out, Quantumites (Fuel pump MOUNT)

Vehicles
      '86 Interceptor 700, '82 Quantum Coupe
      06-24-2012 04:59 PM #1
      I own a Quantum Coupe. The in-tank fuel pump was non-working when I bought the car, and there was a conversion to an under-the-seat pressure pump. I'd like to finish that conversion as I make the switch from CIS to CIS-E under the hood. Anyone done this, put a transfer/lift pump in the tank and used an external pressure pump?

Would I be better off trying to replace the pump mounts in the tank and go back to single-pump?
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      There is an area of a normal brain that lets the owner know the object works and needs to be left alone. Not all of us have it. It is like being colorblind.

Vehicles
      06-26-2012 04:31 PM #2
      So many views, no replies... guess that means nobody has found a supply of NOS ones or replacements.

Can't steal pieces from an Audi 5k either. Different pump and tank setup, the punks.

SO I'm going to try making my own. I'll document it as a how-to rather than a "I'll make them and sell them" because I think the low volume would be my undoing.
      There is an area of a normal brain that lets the owner know the object works and needs to be left alone. Not all of us have it. It is like being colorblind.

Vehicles
      85 Quantum Wagon, 06 Honda Pilot, 91 Jetta Carat, 00 Passat 2.8
      06-26-2012 05:06 PM #3
      if your pump is bad just buy a replacement one. I have one from my quantum wagon i am no longer using. Its yours for 50 plus shipping.

Vehicles
      06-26-2012 07:17 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by bimrpwr View Post
      if your pump is bad just buy a replacement one. I have one from my quantum wagon i am no longer using. Its yours for 50 plus shipping.
      I have a pump, but the rubber mounting sleeve doesn't mount it any more.

Vehicles
      85 Quantum Wagon, 06 Honda Pilot, 91 Jetta Carat, 00 Passat 2.8
      06-27-2012 05:07 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by turbinepowered View Post
      I have a pump, but the rubber mounting sleeve doesn't mount it any more.
      the rubber sleeve is no longer available in the US. Might be able to find it in Brazil or Germany. the pump i got came with a screen that fit around the pump and slid into place. I am using that screen for my carb setup now to help keep crap from getting sucked into the line..

Vehicles
      06-30-2012 09:19 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by bimrpwr View Post
      the rubber sleeve is no longer available in the US. Might be able to find it in Brazil or Germany. the pump i got came with a screen that fit around the pump and slid into place. I am using that screen for my carb setup now to help keep crap from getting sucked into the line..
      Are you using the pressure pump to feed carburetors? When you bought the pump it came with a new screen?