Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Results 26 to 50 of 61

    Thread: My Special Order allroad Is Taking Forever!!!!!!

    1. Moderator TREGinginCO's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2004
      Location
      Parker, CO
      Posts
      7,757
      Vehicles
      '06 Campy White Touareg V6 & 2013 Ibis White Audi allroad
      07-26-2012 12:00 PM #26
      Great news! My allroad has been built, was inspected on 7/24 and is going to be on the next ship out on 7/31.

    2. 07-27-2012 10:05 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by TREGinginCO View Post
      Great news! My allroad has been built, was inspected on 7/24 and is going to be on the next ship out on 7/31.
      So get this, I called my salesguy and he said my allroad was already built and slated to be on a boat 7/31 as well, slated to arrive at the port of Houston on 8/15 and then up to the Pacific NW by Sept 10.

      Sounds like our cars may be shipmates?

    3. Moderator TREGinginCO's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2004
      Location
      Parker, CO
      Posts
      7,757
      Vehicles
      '06 Campy White Touareg V6 & 2013 Ibis White Audi allroad
      07-28-2012 08:53 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by spl1011 View Post
      So get this, I called my salesguy and he said my allroad was already built and slated to be on a boat 7/31 as well, slated to arrive at the port of Houston on 8/15 and then up to the Pacific NW by Sept 10.

      Sounds like our cars may be shipmates?
      Thats pretty cool! Whereabouts are you in the PNW? I have family in Portland and Seattle --- with Seattle being our old stomping grounds.

    4. Moderator TREGinginCO's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2004
      Location
      Parker, CO
      Posts
      7,757
      Vehicles
      '06 Campy White Touareg V6 & 2013 Ibis White Audi allroad
      07-31-2012 01:18 PM #29
      My allroad hits the high seas today ---- heading for the port and hopefully my garage less than one month from now.

    5. 08-02-2012 11:31 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by TREGinginCO View Post
      Thats pretty cool! Whereabouts are you in the PNW? I have family in Portland and Seattle --- with Seattle being our old stomping grounds.
      Im in the Everett area.

      Hurray for our cars being on a boat right now! Have you looked into tracking it? Ive scoured forums and google searches but couldnt find a car transporter with our exact Bremerhaven departure and Houston arrival dates. The closest I found was a vessel departing 29 but arriving the 14th in Galvaston (close to houston?).
      http://sagaweb.2wglobal.com/AppSched...selSchedule.do
      Do you know what port arrival date you were given?
      Of course knowng this wont make delivery times any quicker, but its a fun hunt.
      Last edited by spl1011; 08-02-2012 at 11:56 PM.

    6. Moderator TREGinginCO's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2004
      Location
      Parker, CO
      Posts
      7,757
      Vehicles
      '06 Campy White Touareg V6 & 2013 Ibis White Audi allroad
      08-03-2012 01:02 PM #31
      I'm trying to get the ship name and departure port confirmation. It's arrival date in Houston is 8/15. In a sad twist of fate... Tropical Storm Ernesto could also arrive around that time.

    7. 08-04-2012 12:11 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by TREGinginCO View Post
      I'm trying to get the ship name and departure port confirmation. It's arrival date in Houston is 8/15. In a sad twist of fate... Tropical Storm Ernesto could also arrive around that time.
      The ship I found closest to the dates was the Tijuca. It left Bremerhaven on the 28th and is scheduled to arrive in Galveston on the 14th. Of all the other searches, sourced from several different forums, the Tijuca was the closest one I could infer.

      Let me know what you come up with. Cant wait to see pics of your new car, as I am looking forward to sharing mine.
      Last edited by spl1011; 08-04-2012 at 01:40 AM.

    8. Moderator TREGinginCO's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2004
      Location
      Parker, CO
      Posts
      7,757
      Vehicles
      '06 Campy White Touareg V6 & 2013 Ibis White Audi allroad
      08-06-2012 12:24 AM #33
      My dealership says my car is on either the Marina Ace or Shanghai Highway. Audi told me my car was loaded up a day earlier than expected - including the ship departure.... 7/31.... from Emden.

      Te Marina Ace (from what I've found so far) left on the 31st with Houston being a destination. Shanghai still shows sitting in port.

      I've been trying to track the Marina Ace since yesterday!

    9. 08-06-2012 02:52 AM #34
      Wow, thats great that you managed to track it that far!

      Well, after some google searching, it looks like the Marina Ace got off to a rocky start...

      http://www.vesseltracker.com/en/Ship...e-8610526.html

      "On July 31, 2012, wind gusts broke the Singapore-flagged car carrier "Baltic Breeze" and the "Marina Ace" from their moorings in Emden. One of the vessels drifted perpendicular to the fairway and had to be pulled off by tugs. The "Baltic Breeze" casted off on Aug 3, the "Marina Ace" already on July 31. Best regards "

      Must have been an interesting site to see!

    10. 08-06-2012 03:07 AM #35
      Thought you might like these photos taken on 7/31 also (look at photos #1, 2 & 3 in the album)...

      http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/sho...1499#top_photo

      ...gotta love the internet!!

      Update:

      Here's the last known position according to Marine Traffic.com From there on out she is on the high seas and probably out of contact.

      http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...date=lastknown
      Last edited by spl1011; 08-06-2012 at 03:16 AM.

    11. Moderator TREGinginCO's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2004
      Location
      Parker, CO
      Posts
      7,757
      Vehicles
      '06 Campy White Touareg V6 & 2013 Ibis White Audi allroad
      08-08-2012 01:18 PM #36
      The Marina Ace is now off the coast of Rhode Island.

    12. Moderator TREGinginCO's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2004
      Location
      Parker, CO
      Posts
      7,757
      Vehicles
      '06 Campy White Touareg V6 & 2013 Ibis White Audi allroad
      08-08-2012 06:03 PM #37
      The Marina Ace just showed up on the Port of Houston's expected arrivals schedule.

      Aug. 17 MARINA ACE 25 BIEV CER VWA PA

    13. 08-08-2012 11:09 PM #38
      Thats awesome, but looks like 2 days behind schedule!

      Oh well, that will give me more time to sell my current car.
      Got any recommendations on selling my car? Or better yet, know anyone who wants a 2010 Venza V6 AWD?

    14. Moderator TREGinginCO's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2004
      Location
      Parker, CO
      Posts
      7,757
      Vehicles
      '06 Campy White Touareg V6 & 2013 Ibis White Audi allroad
      08-09-2012 02:26 PM #39
      Just got it confirmed directly from Audi --- my allroad is on the Marina Ace and it is scheduled to arrive in Houston on the 17th.... after making a stop in Georgia.

    15. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 14th, 2008
      Posts
      1,264
      Vehicles
      '07 Passat 3.6 4mo wagon; '05 GLS 4mo wagon
      08-11-2012 03:49 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by TREGinginCO View Post
      Just got it confirmed directly from Audi --- my allroad is on the Marina Ace and it is scheduled to arrive in Houston on the 17th.... after making a stop in Georgia.
      Until this thread I had no idea it was possible to track so much of a car's progress. I think I'd go nuts waiting and watching it float across the ocean at 15 knots...lol.

    16. Moderator TREGinginCO's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2004
      Location
      Parker, CO
      Posts
      7,757
      Vehicles
      '06 Campy White Touareg V6 & 2013 Ibis White Audi allroad
      08-12-2012 12:04 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by Incrementalg View Post
      Until this thread I had no idea it was possible to track so much of a car's progress. I think I'd go nuts waiting and watching it float across the ocean at 15 knots...lol.
      I have moments where I think: what te hell was I thinking.

      Also... traded my car in today because trees a hot market for used VW Sportwagen TDIs. My dealer set me up with a very nice Q5.

    17. Moderator TREGinginCO's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2004
      Location
      Parker, CO
      Posts
      7,757
      Vehicles
      '06 Campy White Touareg V6 & 2013 Ibis White Audi allroad
      08-15-2012 05:50 PM #42
      The "MARINA ACE" has entered the Gulf of Mexico and is steaming toward Houston... with an expected arrival around 9am Houston time Friday morning.

      Yeeeeee-haw!!!!!!!

    18. 08-15-2012 09:47 PM #43
      that is very exciting news!!

      I saw my salesguy this past weekend to look into trading my car. He gave me an update on my arrival dates and my car is now scheduled to arrive in Houston on the 20th. That puts my car on the Ocean Highway which was last spotted off the coast of Massachusetts.
      Sorry we didnt turn out to be ship mates after all but this gives me a couple of more days to have my car on the market and hopefully sell it.
      My dealer appraisal for my Venza hasn't come in yet, he said it would take a couple of days to see what my car is going for at auctions and get back to me. Hopefully I will hear back from him tomorrow (with a good deal!!) or else I'm calling him on Friday. So far I am getting worn out by his lack of communication and might have to push my powers of a poor Audi review in order to get heard. ...That is IF I still take the car.
      I've already gotten the "I tried contacting you!" line after he had ignored my e-mails.

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 14th, 2008
      Posts
      1,264
      Vehicles
      '07 Passat 3.6 4mo wagon; '05 GLS 4mo wagon
      08-16-2012 04:27 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by spl1011 View Post
      that is very exciting news!!

      I saw my salesguy this past weekend to look into trading my car. He gave me an update on my arrival dates and my car is now scheduled to arrive in Houston on the 20th. That puts my car on the Ocean Highway which was last spotted off the coast of Massachusetts.
      Sorry we didnt turn out to be ship mates after all but this gives me a couple of more days to have my car on the market and hopefully sell it.
      My dealer appraisal for my Venza hasn't come in yet, he said it would take a couple of days to see what my car is going for at auctions and get back to me. Hopefully I will hear back from him tomorrow (with a good deal!!) or else I'm calling him on Friday. So far I am getting worn out by his lack of communication and might have to push my powers of a poor Audi review in order to get heard. ...That is IF I still take the car.
      I've already gotten the "I tried contacting you!" line after he had ignored my e-mails.
      I don't think there should be any delay in getting appraisals. I've traded in cars and the guys can check manheim auction rates online in a few minutes. Me thinks the salesguy is being a tad lazy or taking you for granted.

    20. Moderator TREGinginCO's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2004
      Location
      Parker, CO
      Posts
      7,757
      Vehicles
      '06 Campy White Touareg V6 & 2013 Ibis White Audi allroad
      08-16-2012 07:19 PM #45
      Marina Ace is rapidly closing in on the Port of Houston --- with the expected arrival at 9am local time.

      Hot damn.... I'm getting so excited about this... I almost can't stand it.

    21. Member SoSuMi's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 14th, 2004
      Location
      Akron, OH
      Posts
      986
      Vehicles
      2014 BMW Touring / Sport Line
      08-17-2012 10:01 AM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by TREGinginCO View Post
      Marina Ace is rapidly closing in on the Port of Houston --- with the expected arrival at 9am local time.

      Hot damn.... I'm getting so excited about this... I almost can't stand it.
      This has been an extreme in slo-mo delivery. It's even getting to me as I'm living vicariously through you
      ____________________

      Byron

    22. Moderator TREGinginCO's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2004
      Location
      Parker, CO
      Posts
      7,757
      Vehicles
      '06 Campy White Touareg V6 & 2013 Ibis White Audi allroad
      08-17-2012 05:08 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by SoSuMi View Post
      This has been an extreme in slo-mo delivery. It's even getting to me as I'm living vicariously through you


      Special thanks to the folks at the Port of Houston for the info... and the laugh.

      The ship will be docked at 11p tonight (Houston time). Cargo offload begins at 7am (Houston time) and the ship will be completely empty by 730p (houston time).

      When I asked about it... the guy on the phone asked "Is your car on that ship?" I started to laugh and replied.... "I'm not the first person to call you." He laughed and said he gets quite a few new Audi owners calling to see what's going on with ship their car is on."

      He was very cool and funny about it all!

    23. Moderator TREGinginCO's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2004
      Location
      Parker, CO
      Posts
      7,757
      Vehicles
      '06 Campy White Touareg V6 & 2013 Ibis White Audi allroad
      08-17-2012 11:04 PM #48
      Apologies for geeking out ---- but Marina Ace has arrived in the Port and is now waiting to be unloaded in the morning.

    24. Member SoSuMi's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 14th, 2004
      Location
      Akron, OH
      Posts
      986
      Vehicles
      2014 BMW Touring / Sport Line
      08-20-2012 09:44 AM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by TREGinginCO View Post
      Apologies for geeking out ---- but Marina Ace has arrived in the Port and is now waiting to be unloaded in the morning.
      I think that you are experiencing local time/space dilation whereas to an outside observer, everything in your immediate vicinity is moving more slowly... or something like that.
      ____________________

      Byron

    25. Moderator TREGinginCO's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2004
      Location
      Parker, CO
      Posts
      7,757
      Vehicles
      '06 Campy White Touareg V6 & 2013 Ibis White Audi allroad
      08-21-2012 11:28 AM #50
      Great news - my Allroad will be shipped from the port on Thursday!!!

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •