Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Special Order allroad Is Taking Forever!!!!!!

Vehicles
      '06 Campy White Touareg V6 & 2013 Ibis White Audi allroad
      08-08-2012 02:18 PM #36
      The Marina Ace is now off the coast of Rhode Island.

Vehicles
      08-08-2012 07:03 PM #37
      The Marina Ace just showed up on the Port of Houston's expected arrivals schedule.

Aug. 17 MARINA ACE 25 BIEV CER VWA PA

3. 08-09-2012 12:09 AM #38
      Thats awesome, but looks like 2 days behind schedule!

Oh well, that will give me more time to sell my current car.
      Got any recommendations on selling my car? Or better yet, know anyone who wants a 2010 Venza V6 AWD?

Vehicles
      08-09-2012 03:26 PM #39
      Just got it confirmed directly from Audi --- my allroad is on the Marina Ace and it is scheduled to arrive in Houston on the 17th.... after making a stop in Georgia.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      '07 Passat 3.6 4mo wagon; '05 GLS 4mo wagon
      08-11-2012 04:49 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by TREGinginCO View Post
      Just got it confirmed directly from Audi --- my allroad is on the Marina Ace and it is scheduled to arrive in Houston on the 17th.... after making a stop in Georgia.
      Until this thread I had no idea it was possible to track so much of a car's progress. I think I'd go nuts waiting and watching it float across the ocean at 15 knots...lol.

Vehicles
      08-12-2012 01:04 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by Incrementalg View Post
      Until this thread I had no idea it was possible to track so much of a car's progress. I think I'd go nuts waiting and watching it float across the ocean at 15 knots...lol.
      I have moments where I think: what te hell was I thinking.

Also... traded my car in today because trees a hot market for used VW Sportwagen TDIs. My dealer set me up with a very nice Q5.

Vehicles
      08-15-2012 06:50 PM #42
      The "MARINA ACE" has entered the Gulf of Mexico and is steaming toward Houston... with an expected arrival around 9am Houston time Friday morning.

Yeeeeee-haw!!!!!!!

8. 08-15-2012 10:47 PM #43
      that is very exciting news!!

I saw my salesguy this past weekend to look into trading my car. He gave me an update on my arrival dates and my car is now scheduled to arrive in Houston on the 20th. That puts my car on the Ocean Highway which was last spotted off the coast of Massachusetts.
      Sorry we didnt turn out to be ship mates after all but this gives me a couple of more days to have my car on the market and hopefully sell it.
      My dealer appraisal for my Venza hasn't come in yet, he said it would take a couple of days to see what my car is going for at auctions and get back to me. Hopefully I will hear back from him tomorrow (with a good deal!!) or else I'm calling him on Friday. So far I am getting worn out by his lack of communication and might have to push my powers of a poor Audi review in order to get heard. ...That is IF I still take the car.
      I've already gotten the "I tried contacting you!" line after he had ignored my e-mails.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      08-16-2012 05:27 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by spl1011 View Post
      that is very exciting news!!

I saw my salesguy this past weekend to look into trading my car. He gave me an update on my arrival dates and my car is now scheduled to arrive in Houston on the 20th. That puts my car on the Ocean Highway which was last spotted off the coast of Massachusetts.
      Sorry we didnt turn out to be ship mates after all but this gives me a couple of more days to have my car on the market and hopefully sell it.
      My dealer appraisal for my Venza hasn't come in yet, he said it would take a couple of days to see what my car is going for at auctions and get back to me. Hopefully I will hear back from him tomorrow (with a good deal!!) or else I'm calling him on Friday. So far I am getting worn out by his lack of communication and might have to push my powers of a poor Audi review in order to get heard. ...That is IF I still take the car.
      I've already gotten the "I tried contacting you!" line after he had ignored my e-mails.
      I don't think there should be any delay in getting appraisals. I've traded in cars and the guys can check manheim auction rates online in a few minutes. Me thinks the salesguy is being a tad lazy or taking you for granted.

Vehicles
      08-16-2012 08:19 PM #45
      Marina Ace is rapidly closing in on the Port of Houston --- with the expected arrival at 9am local time.

Hot damn.... I'm getting so excited about this... I almost can't stand it.

Vehicles
      2014 BMW Touring / Sport Line
      08-17-2012 11:01 AM #46
      Marina Ace is rapidly closing in on the Port of Houston --- with the expected arrival at 9am local time.

Hot damn.... I'm getting so excited about this... I almost can't stand it.
      This has been an extreme in slo-mo delivery. It's even getting to me as I'm living vicariously through you

Byron

Vehicles
      08-17-2012 06:08 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by SoSuMi View Post
      This has been an extreme in slo-mo delivery. It's even getting to me as I'm living vicariously through you

Special thanks to the folks at the Port of Houston for the info... and the laugh.

The ship will be docked at 11p tonight (Houston time). Cargo offload begins at 7am (Houston time) and the ship will be completely empty by 730p (houston time).

When I asked about it... the guy on the phone asked "Is your car on that ship?" I started to laugh and replied.... "I'm not the first person to call you." He laughed and said he gets quite a few new Audi owners calling to see what's going on with ship their car is on."

He was very cool and funny about it all!

Vehicles
      08-18-2012 12:04 AM #48
      Apologies for geeking out ---- but Marina Ace has arrived in the Port and is now waiting to be unloaded in the morning.

Vehicles
      08-20-2012 10:44 AM #49
      Apologies for geeking out ---- but Marina Ace has arrived in the Port and is now waiting to be unloaded in the morning.
      I think that you are experiencing local time/space dilation whereas to an outside observer, everything in your immediate vicinity is moving more slowly... or something like that.

Byron

Vehicles
      08-21-2012 12:28 PM #50
      Great news - my Allroad will be shipped from the port on Thursday!!!

Vehicles
      08-22-2012 09:56 PM #51
      The latest in my "online therapy" session --- and the excitement continues. Got word late this afternoon that my allroad has been released and was put on a truck yesterday and that it is on the way to Colorado.

17. 08-25-2012 01:36 PM #52
      The latest in my "online therapy" session --- and the excitement continues. Got word late this afternoon that my allroad has been released and was put on a truck yesterday and that it is on the way to Colorado.
      woo hoo!! That is awesome news!! Got a rough ETA as to when it will get to the dealer?

So my car was on the Ocean Highway, arrived at Houston on the 20th and was put on a truck for delivery on Thurs. It should be here in Seattle maybe Wed or Thurs. My salesguy has his days off on Wed and Thurs so dunno how this will go down, but we will figure it out. I also asked that they NOT detail it. The way I see it, in less than a week from today I will own an allroad (if there are no surprises on the deal).

Also, I managed to sell my current car thru craigslist. I got good $$ for it and its going to a good home. Very happy with that deal and how things worked out!

I'm so ready for this!

Vehicles
      08-25-2012 07:44 PM #53
      No idea on dealer arrival... but it's got to be any day now. I'm guessing Monday or Tuesday. Im about to bust at the seams!

Glad to hear things worked out with your existing car ---- everything is falling into place.

Vehicles
      08-26-2012 02:25 PM #54
      Hope everything works out for you guys. If my present cars evaporated over night, I think that the allroad would likely be tops on my list. And of course followed by a visit to my friendly neighborhood APR installer

Byron

20. 08-28-2012 02:51 AM #55
      My allroad came in today!!!!! I couldnt believe it. 6 hours after being unloaded from a truck and it drove it off the lot with 10 miles on the odometer! I wasnt expecting it until Wed or Thurs!
      The scuba blue with the brown leather sport seats just look amazing. I'm in love. I cant wait to see it after a good wash and wax and some strong sunlight... but the car is amazing.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      08-28-2012 10:37 AM #56
      My allroad came in today!!!!! I couldnt believe it. 6 hours after being unloaded from a truck and it drove it off the lot with 10 miles on the odometer! I wasnt expecting it until Wed or Thurs!
      The scuba blue with the brown leather sport seats just look amazing. I'm in love. I cant wait to see it after a good wash and wax and some strong sunlight... but the car is amazing.
      Post some pics if you get a chance. I'd love to see that color combo.

Vehicles
      08-28-2012 10:38 AM #57

Ditto

23. 09-01-2012 11:53 AM #58
      Here you go. Hopefully you all can view the album:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1147342...eat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/s/c/tra...background.gif) no-repeat left">
      Delicious - 2013 Audi allroad - Scuba blue Metallic & Chestnut Brown
      Last edited by spl1011; 09-01-2012 at 12:09 PM. Reason: bad url

24. Member
      Vehicles
      09-01-2012 01:01 PM #59
      Nice! That's a beautiful combo...I'll be interested in that combo when the time comes.

Vehicles
      09-01-2012 05:48 PM #60
      Here you go. Hopefully you all can view the album:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1147342...eat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/s/c/tra...background.gif) no-repeat left">
      Delicious - 2013 Audi allroad - Scuba blue Metallic & Chestnut Brown

Dan,

Congrats on the new allroad --- she's a beauty! Love that chestnut interior. I'm sure you are lovin your car as much as I am mine!!!!!

26. 09-04-2012 12:04 AM #61
      That's the first Scuba Blue I've seen (which is what I ordered). Looks great to see. The CB interior looks great too; sad I nervously opted against it. Sharp car. Can't wait to get mine.
      10 911 GT3
      12 Cayman R
      13 Allroad
      13 Mini GP
      ............"aim low; you'll always be impressed.............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12