Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about getting my balls snipped. Thoughts/advice

1. 06-26-2012 12:02 PM #36
      I got this done a month ago. Have one and one on the way. Prob should have waited until next is born but timing was perfect. Called and made an appointment two days later go in for consultation, said do it. 20 minutes later walking out the door. I iced for about 6 hours and that was it. I was given a script for drugs but lost it before I had it filled. Never needed it anyways.

Took a week off from Fapping. Hittiing skins another week later. Took about 3 weeks for tiny scar to heal.

No pain, quick, $750 without using insurance.

Just make sure you really want it done. Reversal is supposed to be painful and can cost 5 figures.

Vehicles
      2011 Genesis 3.8 R-spec
      06-26-2012 01:02 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by stevegolf View Post
      I just convulsed in my chair. uggghhhhh
      ditto i think i fainted on my keyboard for the last half hour
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      He did this at 22 old. He is world strongest man. President Obama ordered him to stop but truth must come out. Buy silver in middle of week.

Vehicles
      2006 Volvo V50, 1993 RX-7 R1, 1980 Hatteras 53MY, 2002 Grady White Release 283, 1958 Mohawk 14
      06-26-2012 01:11 PM #38

4. Member
      Vehicles
      two Audis, 79 wabbit diesel, two 84 jettas/85 jetta TD
      06-26-2012 01:35 PM #39
      I'll add a funny story to this thread.

Long ago (like at age 12) decided I really didn't need to have the expense, responsibility or time drain (not to mention lack of sleep) required to embark on a 20 year (and longer) project of children.

As a friend down the street said. "I don't know which is worse. Owning your own business or kids. I guess kids. You can't fire 'em."

At any rate, rather late in the game, age 30ish, after playing russian roulette with women and being lucky enough to not start a child inadvertently, I decided that it was time to take care of things.

Especially since some of the women I was with couldn't stop talking about children even though we'd agreed that wasn't what we wanted. I figured I couldn't trust them at all to be clear headed and take the pill. Once the baby clock starts ticking emotionally and mentally you can't really tell what they are up to.

I arranged with a doc to have the procedure and when I showed up, there was a new young woman doc who was getting her chops down (literally) under the tutelage of the guy that had been doing thousands of these. You are under a local and can hear the conversation. Went something like this:

Her: "That one?"

Him: "No, the other one"

I felt like I was in a Danny Glover, Mel Gibson where they are deciding which wire to cut.

"The Red One?"

"Not THAT one, the Blue One!!"

It was a very funny afternoon. Never looked back on getting this done. No regrets. Peace of mind is priceless.
      Quote Originally Posted by Blackohio
      Built in boost gauge in the dash. One of my friends at the time saw that turbo was on theoretical empty and asked if we needed to stop and get more turbo. I gave it gas and he was like wait, its full now. Had to quickly explain the process.
      Quote Originally Posted by Calcvictim View Post
      so basically the OP has no clue about anything and just posts out of his ass?

06-26-2012 03:20 PM #40
      This is something I'm thinking of getting done this year as well. I have wondered though, is the result instantaneous, or does it take a little while for everything to work out? Meaning if you have sexy time say 2 weeks post snip, are you fully "empty"?

6. 06-26-2012 03:25 PM #41
      I believe you go back for sperm count checkups a few times after the surgery.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      06-26-2012 03:27 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by BobL2438 View Post
      This is something I'm thinking of getting done this year as well. I have wondered though, is the result instantaneous, or does it take a little while for everything to work out? Meaning if you have sexy time say 2 weeks post snip, are you fully "empty"?
      depends on how many times you wacked off in between, I'd guess. Sperm is stored for a while, not in your gonads, but past the vas deferens. Seminal vesicles sound right to me. I jerked off into a jar and took it in that afternoon and no little swimmers and it was right around two weeks, I think. Not that it mattered, the wife at the time was 6 months pregnant with our third child in four years.
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      two Audis, 79 wabbit diesel, two 84 jettas/85 jetta TD
      06-26-2012 03:27 PM #43
      yep

After vasectomy: In general after about 40 ejaculations the sperm count will be zero. So it depends on how frequent the sex the person is having before he totally empty his vas. Masturbation can be considered "sex" for this purpose.

Patients are always advised to have no unprotected sex after vasectomy until after 2 sperm counts are negative!! After two negative sperm count the person is "permanently sterile"!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blackohio
      Built in boost gauge in the dash. One of my friends at the time saw that turbo was on theoretical empty and asked if we needed to stop and get more turbo. I gave it gas and he was like wait, its full now. Had to quickly explain the process.
      Quote Originally Posted by Calcvictim View Post
      so basically the OP has no clue about anything and just posts out of his ass?

06-26-2012 04:12 PM #44
      Fap 40 times and then it's game on....

Challenge accepted

10. Member
      Vehicles
      1984 Diesel Jetta, mk1 jetta (gas)
      06-26-2012 04:19 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by HI SPEED View Post

Challenge accepted
      'k... just so you know. You may not wanna just go straight into grabbing your johnson. It is surgery after all.

Just sayin'. Give it a break for a bit..... don't break it!

Quote Originally Posted by mitch hedberg
      My manager was concerned, he said "Mitch, don't use liquor as a crutch." I can't use liquor as a crutch... because a crutch helps me walk. Liquor severely screws up the way I walk.

11. Member
      06-26-2012 04:20 PM #46

Challenge accepted
      "So, 6 days after the procedure, I was permanently sterile....."

Vehicles
      2003 Miata SE, 2002 Z51 Corvette
      06-26-2012 04:46 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by pops View Post
      I got snipped after my 3rd child. It was done on a Friday, I jerked off on Sunday and wound up blowing out the cauterizations, so I shot my load into my sack
      that literally sounds like the worst thing imaginable!
      Regarding DD'ing a tuned Evo:
      Quote Originally Posted by SchrickVR6 View Post
      It's composed at all speeds and at all times...it just feels like you're holding the leash on a 150lb pit bull and praying you don't see a squirrel.

06-26-2012 05:03 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Egilbe View Post
      Not that it mattered, the wife at the time was 6 months pregnant with our third child in four years.
      This is what I got from your post.

You irish-catholic, by chance?

06-26-2012 05:10 PM #49
      I had it done about 3 years ago. I've got 3 kids and that is plenty. Insurance covered it, my junk was sore for about 3 days, Fap after 3-4 days, sexy time after about a week or so.

However, I get achey balls every few months that last a day or so. Normal for some guys.

My doctor would probably not consider you for the procedure though. I'm sure this is different for every doctor, but he seemed to indicate that he worked mostly on married men with children. He was curious why I was having it done so young ( 35) and really wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. My wife came with me to the eval and while he was trying to talk me out of it simply said " If I get pregnant again there is a 100% chance the baby will die and a 50% chance I will". Doc just said " How about this Friday"

For me, the sexy time is no different, load is the same.
      My good friend and neighbor had the same situation - both of his girls were born and nearly took his wife in the process each time. Her doctor told her that getting pregnant again would be a bad idea for all involved. My buddy didn't have to argue much after explaining that to the doctor. He was snipped at 31, which is damn young.

I understand the apprehension doctors may have at permanently altering a man's chances for procreating - even if a young man does not. People change. What you want at 30 may not be what you want at 35, 40, etc.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      06-26-2012 05:44 PM #50
      This is what I got from your post.

You irish-catholic, by chance?
      nah, just horny and she can't remember how to tie her shoes, forget about remembering to take a pill every morning and she was allergic to latex
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

16. 06-26-2012 06:24 PM #51
      My gf and I have been together 5 years. Neither of us have any intentions of spawning resource sucking ankle biters. She has always had problems with the pill, and even when she was on it I was so paranoid about paying tuition, and changing poop diapers that I wore a condom 9 times out of 10.

Have any of you gone through with it?

The thought of cream pies for desert every night is tempting. I just don't know if I have the balls to cut my balls.

What are the downsides besides the two week no fap/sex recovery time?
      Make sure it's a decision that YOU want, even if you and your GF break up. My GF and I were together 8 years at the time I got mine done (4 years ago). We had no kids, and didn't want kids either. About 6 months later she decided to "find herself" and used "maybe wanting kids" as one excuse to leave, though the previous 8 years she said no kids and was very proactive for me to get it done. I have no regrets though, I don't want kids ever (I'm 32) and I made sure I got snipped for me rather than her or "us". So I'm single and snipped now haha

The procedure is quick and painless. My insurance covered it as well, two $20 co-pays for two visits (best $40 I ever spent ). Also, before you start back up with the sex I strongly recommend you go back when they tell you to test to make sure everything was successful. They said that over 95% of men never go back to make sure it was successful and those rare stories you hear of it not working is mostly because they had sex too early after the procedure or the procedure was not successful. I believe you'll need to wait about 3 months before having sex again too. It takes some time for your little men to fully flush themselves out.

06-26-2012 07:09 PM #52
      3 months? Ouch.

I'm doing this for me I don't ever want kids. If my GF is determined to have them then she can find someone else to raise them.

The reason I have waited this long is that I wanted her to turn 30 first. She had one last tick of her biological clock. Now hopefully it will be years of no strings attached sex as it was meant to be. I'm 32 and I doubt I will ever feel much differently.

I will probably opt for the somewhat reversible option. I just made an appointment for a consultation next month.

If she ever twisted my arm we could always adopt a Asian baby.

Vehicles
      not even sure anymore
      06-26-2012 07:25 PM #53
      Just make sure that you tell anybody who tells you to pick up anything heavier than a can of your choice beverage to suck eggs. My wife said it was "my idea" so she made me carry my two bowling balls with limbs.

I was in pain and all different shades of purple for a month. I was a fresh 28 btw.

19. Global Moderator Paul@VWvortex's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2013 Taco TRD, 10 E70 3.0 Sport, '96 VR Fabrio, TDi Tristar Syncro, 1980 Scirocco S "Der Ott"
      06-26-2012 07:53 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by audifans View Post
      I'll add a funny story to this thread..
      And with that let me give you guys another one.

About two years ago a buddy of mine at work decided that after he and his wife had two kids that he would explore their options to make sure that they were two and through. He is an engineer by trade and is pretty analytical so after he heard from several people that the procedure could not only be painful but sometimes not 100% effective he took it upon himself to see if there was another way.

He did some research on the internet (always the best way right?) and found out that there were several instances of people BOILING THEIR SATCHEL REPEATEDLY in water above 130 degrees for an extended period of time that it would cause a man to lose his sperm count and in his mind eventually it would cause his sperm production to cease.

So onward he traveled to consult with his doctor and after laying out his plan and getting the "sure, why not" from his doc along with testing a sample to get a starting point he assembled what he thought were the tools that he needed to complete his experiment. He gathered up a new crock pot, one of those toilet seats and stands that you might use for camping, a kitchen timer and a meat thermometer... hopefully you can create the visual in your mind.

He then set out to dunk his plums for 30 minutes a day for a solid month at 130 degrees. According to his wife who validated this story for us during a Christmas party last year he had her monitor the temperature and time and in the end she made sure that she muffled the initial screams that he let out for the first week when he got himself used to the temperature.

Anyhoo, for those of you who are interested in knowing the experiment was a complete failure and he ended up just getting himself fixed. The twist of irony to this whole thing is that about a week after the operation happened his left ball swelled up to about the size of a racquetball and he held no shame for us while whipping it out in my office no less to a group of five of his closest friends.

20. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      06-26-2012 08:00 PM #55
      /\

I have one, too:

Someone I know, who all the girls called "Fast, Fearless, Freddie" finally got snipped after knocking up 5 different women Being kind of a numbnuts (pun intended) he refused to follow doctor's orders and his balls swelled up to the size of grapefruits and he had purple bruising down his thighs and up into his belly. He couldn't walk for two weeks. We all drank beer and laughed at him

Vehicles
      MTA
      06-26-2012 08:59 PM #56
      It's my responsibility to humanity to pass on my genes to deepen the pool.

No snipping for me.

Vehicles
      1986 Legs and/or 2014 Blue Non-MANual European Turbo Hatch
      06-26-2012 09:34 PM #57
      My plan is to crank out a heaping helping of vaguely ethnic children so white people* have to rack their brain and determine my kid's ethnicity when they're old enough to venture into J. Crew** on their own. They'll know the joy that I know.

*Or alternatively black people
      **Or alternatively a local soul food or Jamaican restaurant

Vehicles
      98 Volvo V70 (Indigo Montoya) mk2 Jetta (the other woman)
      06-26-2012 09:44 PM #58
      If you are in a committed relationship and don't want to avoid fapping for a whole week why not talk to your better half about an IUD? It's not permanent, fairly painless and the one with hormones makes periods disappear.

Just a thought. Of course, if you plan to skeet all over town it does not matter what the ladies do. (but really...wrap that **** up, b)

Vehicles
      a gas guzzler and a econobox
      06-26-2012 09:57 PM #59
      if you get your balls snipped I think your voice will change.......
      indoctrinate through academia and media.
      why is that the ones that seek tolerance are the most intolerant.
      They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin

25. 06-26-2012 10:22 PM #60
      [QUOTE=Tornado2dr;77976036 What you want at 30 may not be what you want at 35, 40, etc.[/QUOTE]

I've actually put quite a bit of though into the "what if something happens to her" scenario over the last couple of years. Provided nothing happens, I don't regret my decision.

26. Member
      Vehicles
      1993 Mazda MX-6, 79 rusty bunny
      06-26-2012 10:41 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by Paul@VWvortex View Post
      130? ga ha ha...

wow..

and the raquetball sized swelling part of the story just leaves me:

ROFLMMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by mitch hedberg
      I drive a rental car, I don't know what's going on with it, right? So a lot of times I'll drive for like 10 miles with the emergency brake on. That doesn't say a lot for me, but it really doesn't say a lot for the emergency brake.
      Quote Originally Posted by Robstr View Post
      How hard is that to understand without getting your panties in a bunch?
      Surely some of you guys managed to make it out of middle school.

Vehicles
      2007 GLI (SOLD) / 2010 GTI (SOLD)
      06-26-2012 10:51 PM #62
      I LOL'ed while reading this thread.

Vehicles
      90 Corrado G60, 01 Golf GLS, 01 GTI VR6, 01 Passat Wagon, 00 GTI VR6, 93 Corrado SLC
      06-26-2012 10:58 PM #63
      I have one, and twins on the way..I read some of the horror stories in this thread.....

She's getting her tubes tied while they are in there lol
      FastDubs- -NCDubs--Reppin the GAP
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist
      Psssh. I suck dick for the glory. I buy my cocaine.

29. Member
      Vehicles
      1984 Turbo Diesel Jetta
      06-26-2012 11:02 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by Paul@VWvortex View Post
      That's nuts (literally)

scalding is anything above 120

at 131.... 17 seconds to 2nd degree burn (no irreversible damage)

so I'd say he is extremely lucky or his theremometer was off.

who the hell was giving him this advice?

oh right, internet

Quote Originally Posted by Harry S. Truman
      Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day

30. 06-26-2012 11:03 PM #65
      3 months? Ouch.

Sorry, not 3 months to have sex, they just say use protection for 3 months after the procedure.. You can have sex after a week or so.

31. Member
      Vehicles
      83 rabbit gti
      06-26-2012 11:05 PM #66
      nuvaring

32. Member
      Vehicles
      '70 Datsun 510......early wabbit
      06-26-2012 11:05 PM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Nuts View Post
      I LOL'ed while reading this thread.
      perfect user name

Quote Originally Posted by Surf Green View Post
      It's not hard to tell when a driver is texting. If I can do it while driving a manual, eating a cheeseburger AND loading a shotgun... the average driver, who is admittedly much smarter, and more coordinated than me, should be capable of seeing it too.

Vehicles
      '95 Ẽfini RX-7 Type R
      06-26-2012 11:09 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by audifans View Post
      I figured I couldn't trust them at all to be clear headed and take the pill. Once the baby clock starts ticking emotionally and mentally you can't really tell what they are up to.
      It's so true. To me, women are like lemmings jumping off a cliff to their death instinctively when they sabotage contraceptives.
      "It would take a cross-wired star trek replicator, if not an act of God, to make a left-hand-drive Skyline GT-R for the U.S." - Don Schroeder

34. Member
      Vehicles
      DRZ400sm, CB550four, ACR Neon and a Subie Outback Wagon
      07-07-2012 08:53 PM #69
      Just an update, I had mine done yesterday. The shots were the worst (one in each nut and one in the skin). Pretty much the same as a shot in the arm, just slightly more uncomfortable. Didn't feel anything else. Had to stop taking the pain meds b/c they were causing me to vomit. I'm not in pain (24 hrs later), I'm just a little uncomfortable. Would do again...

Vehicles
      '10 Prius - '05 4Runner
      07-07-2012 10:07 PM #70
      Did it when my son was 7, no big deal, no major swelling or anything.

My doc asks you to "clear the pipes" about 30 times then come in and have a sperm test. I was cleared then.

No regrets.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast