Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about getting my balls snipped. Thoughts/advice

Vehicles
      00' VR6T 12' V6 TDI 72' 914-6
      06-26-2012 10:10 AM #26
      FYI - If you are afraid of needing your little swimmers later in life, just whip up a batch to be frozen for possible later use. Also, make sure you have a will to name executor of your little swimmers on ice, or else probate would be an issue for any loved ones left to decide.

Larry
      Demokratikally Elekted Minister of Shekels of the Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      The boobs. I am waiting on the boobs here.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      997.2 C2S
      06-26-2012 10:54 AM #27
      Did this about 6 years ago at 30 and never looked back. I've missed out on a lot of dating opportunities because of it, but I'd rather be single than have some kid calling me daddy. The procedure wasn't too bad and everything was back to normal in under two weeks. I've always been 100% certain I never wanted kids, but if you're even slightly unsure, there's a new procedure where some sort of goo is injected into your hoses that can be easily removed later. I don't think it's approved in the U.S. yet, but pretty much every other country in the world is using it now. No cutting, no mess, more effective than vasectomy, and easy reversal if you change your mind.

Vehicles
      2011 CT200h
      06-26-2012 10:55 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by .LSinLV. View Post
      FYI - If you are afraid of needing your little swimmers later in life, just whip up a batch to be frozen for possible later use. Also, make sure you have a will to name executor of your little swimmers on ice, or else probate would be an issue for any loved ones left to decide.

what if all he has left is a lonely 400lb sister that has vowed to create a pure blood?
      XBL B0B_MARLEY_MAR - The "0" in Bob is a zero

Vehicles
      2003 GTi VR6, 2006 Touareg V8
      06-26-2012 11:47 AM #29
      Isn't there a reversible clamping procedure?

Found it:
      http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/healt...ife/2145.shtml

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit S(low), 2012 Outback 2.5 Premium
      06-26-2012 11:49 AM #30
      Fock .... not looking forward to this. After our second one, I plan on having it done because I don't want anymore kids, but damn I'm not looking forward to the discomfort.
      Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 VW GTI 6MT; 2007 Porsche Cayman 5MT; 2009 VW Passat Highline Wagon 6MT
      06-26-2012 11:49 AM #31
      I had it done a couple of years back. I took the doctor's advice and did absolutely nothing for 36 hours afterward. I drank beer, ate, went to the can, watched tv, and slept. It was heaven. The pain was very manageable and it healed up nicely.

It's great to be able to have consequence-free unprotected sex with any woman I want.
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

Vehicles
      e320 wagon, anti-status symbol
      06-26-2012 11:51 AM #32
      I got cut after our second was born and Group Health made me attend a class before to make sure I was ready. There was almost no pain and besides a little soreness driving home and the week off from sex I had no side effects.
      "Never attribute to maliciousness that which can be attributed to stupidity."

Vehicles
      99 528iT - 87 325is - 58 Lincoln Premiere
      06-26-2012 11:52 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by pops View Post
      I got snipped after my 3rd child. It was done on a Friday, I jerked off on Sunday and wound up blowing out the cauterizations, so I shot my load into my sack
      I just convulsed in my chair. uggghhhhh

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      06-26-2012 11:55 AM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by sortadelux View Post
      I got cut after our second was born and Group Health made me attend a class before to make sure I was ready. There was almost no pain and besides a little soreness driving home and the week off from sex I had no side effects.
      See...that's the way I always heard it was. That's not how it was with me. I could barely walk out of the office. My wife looked at me and said "Yeah, right. You were going to drive home?" One of the few times I'm glad I listened to her.
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

Vehicles
      2002 Golf Wagon TDI. 1996 Surf Green GTI VR6. 2015 Forester (Wife)
      06-26-2012 12:01 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Double-V View Post
      It's great to be able to have consequence-free unprotected sex with any woman I want.
      Now I'm sorry I waited until I was married until i got mine.
      I keep up with traffic with only 90 hp. What's your superpower?
      2002 Golf Wagon TDI - 1996 GTI VR6 - YouTube Track Videos - flickr

11. 06-26-2012 12:02 PM #36
      I got this done a month ago. Have one and one on the way. Prob should have waited until next is born but timing was perfect. Called and made an appointment two days later go in for consultation, said do it. 20 minutes later walking out the door. I iced for about 6 hours and that was it. I was given a script for drugs but lost it before I had it filled. Never needed it anyways.

Took a week off from Fapping. Hittiing skins another week later. Took about 3 weeks for tiny scar to heal.

No pain, quick, $750 without using insurance.

Just make sure you really want it done. Reversal is supposed to be painful and can cost 5 figures.

Vehicles
      2011 CT200h
      06-26-2012 01:02 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by stevegolf View Post
      I just convulsed in my chair. uggghhhhh
      ditto i think i fainted on my keyboard for the last half hour
      XBL B0B_MARLEY_MAR - The "0" in Bob is a zero

Vehicles
      2006 Volvo V50, 1993 RX-7 R1, 1980 Hatteras 53MY, 2002 Grady White Release 283, 1958 Mohawk 14
      06-26-2012 01:11 PM #38

14. Member
      Vehicles
      two Audis, 79 wabbit diesel, two 84 jettas/85 jetta TD
      06-26-2012 01:35 PM #39
      I'll add a funny story to this thread.

Long ago (like at age 12) decided I really didn't need to have the expense, responsibility or time drain (not to mention lack of sleep) required to embark on a 20 year (and longer) project of children.

As a friend down the street said. "I don't know which is worse. Owning your own business or kids. I guess kids. You can't fire 'em."

At any rate, rather late in the game, age 30ish, after playing russian roulette with women and being lucky enough to not start a child inadvertently, I decided that it was time to take care of things.

Especially since some of the women I was with couldn't stop talking about children even though we'd agreed that wasn't what we wanted. I figured I couldn't trust them at all to be clear headed and take the pill. Once the baby clock starts ticking emotionally and mentally you can't really tell what they are up to.

I arranged with a doc to have the procedure and when I showed up, there was a new young woman doc who was getting her chops down (literally) under the tutelage of the guy that had been doing thousands of these. You are under a local and can hear the conversation. Went something like this:

Her: "That one?"

Him: "No, the other one"

I felt like I was in a Danny Glover, Mel Gibson where they are deciding which wire to cut.

"The Red One?"

"Not THAT one, the Blue One!!"

It was a very funny afternoon. Never looked back on getting this done. No regrets. Peace of mind is priceless.
      Quote Originally Posted by Blackohio
      Built in boost gauge in the dash. One of my friends at the time saw that turbo was on theoretical empty and asked if we needed to stop and get more turbo. I gave it gas and he was like wait, its full now. Had to quickly explain the process.
      Quote Originally Posted by Calcvictim View Post
      so basically the OP has no clue about anything and just posts out of his ass?

06-26-2012 03:20 PM #40
      This is something I'm thinking of getting done this year as well. I have wondered though, is the result instantaneous, or does it take a little while for everything to work out? Meaning if you have sexy time say 2 weeks post snip, are you fully "empty"?

16. 06-26-2012 03:25 PM #41
      I believe you go back for sperm count checkups a few times after the surgery.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      06-26-2012 03:27 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by BobL2438 View Post
      This is something I'm thinking of getting done this year as well. I have wondered though, is the result instantaneous, or does it take a little while for everything to work out? Meaning if you have sexy time say 2 weeks post snip, are you fully "empty"?
      depends on how many times you wacked off in between, I'd guess. Sperm is stored for a while, not in your gonads, but past the vas deferens. Seminal vesicles sound right to me. I jerked off into a jar and took it in that afternoon and no little swimmers and it was right around two weeks, I think. Not that it mattered, the wife at the time was 6 months pregnant with our third child in four years.
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      two Audis, 79 wabbit diesel, two 84 jettas/85 jetta TD
      06-26-2012 03:27 PM #43
      yep

After vasectomy: In general after about 40 ejaculations the sperm count will be zero. So it depends on how frequent the sex the person is having before he totally empty his vas. Masturbation can be considered "sex" for this purpose.

Patients are always advised to have no unprotected sex after vasectomy until after 2 sperm counts are negative!! After two negative sperm count the person is "permanently sterile"!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blackohio
      Built in boost gauge in the dash. One of my friends at the time saw that turbo was on theoretical empty and asked if we needed to stop and get more turbo. I gave it gas and he was like wait, its full now. Had to quickly explain the process.
      Quote Originally Posted by Calcvictim View Post
      so basically the OP has no clue about anything and just posts out of his ass?

06-26-2012 04:12 PM #44
      Fap 40 times and then it's game on....

Challenge accepted

20. Member
      Vehicles
      1984 Diesel Jetta, mk1 jetta (gas)
      06-26-2012 04:19 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by HI SPEED View Post

Challenge accepted
      'k... just so you know. You may not wanna just go straight into grabbing your johnson. It is surgery after all.

Just sayin'. Give it a break for a bit..... don't break it!

Quote Originally Posted by mitch hedberg
      My manager was concerned, he said "Mitch, don't use liquor as a crutch." I can't use liquor as a crutch... because a crutch helps me walk. Liquor severely screws up the way I walk.

21. Member
      06-26-2012 04:20 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by HI SPEED View Post

Challenge accepted
      "So, 6 days after the procedure, I was permanently sterile....."

Vehicles
      2003 Miata SE, 2003 Honda S2000, 2007 Honda Fit Sport
      06-26-2012 04:46 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by pops View Post
      I got snipped after my 3rd child. It was done on a Friday, I jerked off on Sunday and wound up blowing out the cauterizations, so I shot my load into my sack
      that literally sounds like the worst thing imaginable!
      Quote Originally Posted by capsaicin View Post
      AP1 S2000? I can not in good conscience talk you out of that. May your slip angle be great and your bed not be the couch!

06-26-2012 05:03 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Egilbe View Post
      Not that it mattered, the wife at the time was 6 months pregnant with our third child in four years.
      This is what I got from your post.

You irish-catholic, by chance?

06-26-2012 05:10 PM #49
      I had it done about 3 years ago. I've got 3 kids and that is plenty. Insurance covered it, my junk was sore for about 3 days, Fap after 3-4 days, sexy time after about a week or so.

However, I get achey balls every few months that last a day or so. Normal for some guys.

My doctor would probably not consider you for the procedure though. I'm sure this is different for every doctor, but he seemed to indicate that he worked mostly on married men with children. He was curious why I was having it done so young ( 35) and really wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. My wife came with me to the eval and while he was trying to talk me out of it simply said " If I get pregnant again there is a 100% chance the baby will die and a 50% chance I will". Doc just said " How about this Friday"

For me, the sexy time is no different, load is the same.
      My good friend and neighbor had the same situation - both of his girls were born and nearly took his wife in the process each time. Her doctor told her that getting pregnant again would be a bad idea for all involved. My buddy didn't have to argue much after explaining that to the doctor. He was snipped at 31, which is damn young.

I understand the apprehension doctors may have at permanently altering a man's chances for procreating - even if a young man does not. People change. What you want at 30 may not be what you want at 35, 40, etc.

25. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      06-26-2012 05:44 PM #50
      This is what I got from your post.

You irish-catholic, by chance?
      nah, just horny and she can't remember how to tie her shoes, forget about remembering to take a pill every morning and she was allergic to latex

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast