Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 03 a4 1.8 heater hose leaking! simple question.

1. n00b
      Vehicles
      2003 Audi A4(B6) 1.8T
      06-26-2012 01:50 PM #1
      my 03 a4 1.8t heater hose is leaking. its coming from behind the plastic lock fitting where it connects to the metal pipe from the engine. not sure if its the fitting or if the metal pipe from the engine is cracked and leaking. i will be taking it out tomorrow but with one simple question......do i REALLY need this plastic lock fitting or can i just run a straight coolant hose from the metal pipe off the engine to the dash entry? any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. 06-26-2012 03:02 PM #2
      Could you provide a pic? Online or on your car for the piece your talking about?
      Canadian Immo 2 and 3 defeat service, PM for more information.

3. n00b
      Vehicles
      2003 Audi A4(B6) 1.8T
      06-26-2012 03:08 PM #3

4. n00b
      Vehicles
      2003 Audi A4(B6) 1.8T
      06-26-2012 04:08 PM #4
      http://www.partsgeek.com/mmparts/hea...4_quattro.html
      The plastic fitting goes over the metal pipe from the engine.

5. 06-26-2012 04:45 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by fidel1984 View Post
      my 03 a4 1.8t heater hose is leaking. its coming from behind the plastic lock fitting where it connects to the metal pipe from the engine. not sure if its the fitting or if the metal pipe from the engine is cracked and leaking. i will be taking it out tomorrow but with one simple question......do i REALLY need this plastic lock fitting or can i just run a straight coolant hose from the metal pipe off the engine to the dash entry? any help would be greatly appreciated!
      There is a small o-ring inside the plastic fitting with the metal clip end, replace the o-ring by sourcing the part from VW/Audi dealership, it's around $1.00 or less. Problem solved. No need to replace the hose, just get a new o-ring.
      "I am for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for Justice, no matter who it is for or against. I'm a human being, first and foremost, and as such I'm for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole" - Malcom X

6. n00b
      Vehicles
      2003 Audi A4(B6) 1.8T
      06-27-2012 10:16 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by jbutlertelecom View Post
      There is a small o-ring inside the plastic fitting with the metal clip end, replace the o-ring by sourcing the part from VW/Audi dealership, it's around $1.00 or less. Problem solved. No need to replace the hose, just get a new o-ring.
      Audi dealer says there is no o ring, its just a locking clip. Possibly not on properly they say.........

7. n00b
      Vehicles
      2003 Audi A4(B6) 1.8T
      06-27-2012 12:30 PM #7
      Audi dealer says there is no o ring, its just a locking clip. Possibly not on properly they say.........
      So i pulled out the heater hose, ofcourse the dealer is WRONG or just flat out lying. There was an o ring, stiff and flattened out. Replaced o ring, now we wait and see. Thx guys.

8. 06-27-2012 12:50 PM #8
      So i pulled out the heater hose, ofcourse the dealer is WRONG or just flat out lying. There was an o ring, stiff and flattened out. Replaced o ring, now we wait and see. Thx guys.
      "I am for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for Justice, no matter who it is for or against. I'm a human being, first and foremost, and as such I'm for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole" - Malcom X