Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ARMA 2 Day Z Mod, anyone playing?

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2005 Audi S4/2002 Golf TDI
      07-13-2012 04:09 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Elbows View Post
      So what's the best place to download this? The Armaholic links are dead. How easy is it to run on Steam?
      Easy to run on steam. All you do is set a switch by right clicking the game, go to properties and insert the line from the dayz install instructions. From there you choose combined ops when you launch.
      Last edited by 1stRabbit; 07-13-2012 at 04:13 PM.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2005 Audi S4/2002 Golf TDI
      07-16-2012 02:30 PM #27
      Amazon has a sale on the combined ops pack for $19.99.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UV8RRE

It will give you a steam key that you just enter into steam.

Vehicles
      '04 Audi A8L, Disco II
      07-18-2012 03:02 PM #28
      This game is so much fun!!! i've been playing about a month, maybe longer... i'd consider myself to no longer be a noob at the game. the BEST part about the whole game isn't the game itself... it's all the awesome stories that spawn from the game.
      FOR EXAMPLE:
      playing the other day... me and my friend were in the firestation in cherno (with a friend on the hill outside cherno) and a guy started shooting at us... from the top of the large buildings... turns out he had a buddy up there... and 2 others on the ground... so 4 total... My friend ran out of the firestation and killed one of the ground guys, I ran out and killed one of the guys on the tower with an enfield... then died from the other guy on the ground... then my buddy on the hill killed the other guy on the tower. Then when I re-spawned, I ran up there to try and loot their bodies and the guy who shot me was up there watching their stuff and shot at me but luckily I ran off the edge and killed myself! good times.

Vehicles
      '04 Audi A8L, Disco II
      07-18-2012 03:06 PM #29
      Watch this first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1jTxRTOuis

Then read this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comment...e_my_bike_you/

one of the guys I play with was the guy with the bike... f'n hilarious!

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      07-20-2012 04:01 PM #30
      Do you guys play as a team or anything? Thinking of picking up ARMA II for this, would be nice to play with others.

I've been waiting for it to go on a bigger sale through Steam, but nothing yet.
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

6. 07-20-2012 04:09 PM #31
      I do normal co-op online gaming (I design simple missions and my buddies and I play them against the computer) I haven't bothered with Day Z yet though.

Vehicles
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      07-21-2012 05:28 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by SurferbobGolf View Post
      Do you guys play as a team or anything? Thinking of picking up ARMA II for this, would be nice to play with others.

I've been waiting for it to go on a bigger sale through Steam, but nothing yet.
      DO IT NOW!! This was my plan as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Avus View Post
      i am still waiting if ArmA2 series will get deeper discount.... I have the game already. I just want to get the Private Military Company DLC (reg. price $10) so i can have nicer look zombies...
      everything 40%. I can have nicer look zombies now...

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4638/
      http://store.steampowered.com/app/65720/

Deal last until July 22...
      Windows Vista (32bit only)/7/8 "God Mode"
      - Create new folder on desktop
      - rename folder to the following:
      GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      07-21-2012 06:44 PM #33
      I've got everything set up and working. I played for a few hours today,mostly crawling around. Towns seem to be mostly useless but I eventually found a castle with a gun inside.

I need a handy guide of good places to get supplies.

Not sure how we could play together, I guess just pick out a server?

Steam: Surferbobgolf
      Flickr

Vehicles
      '86 Scirocco, '07 Rabbit, '09 MINI JCW
      07-26-2012 06:16 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by 1stRabbit View Post
      Easy to run on steam. All you do is set a switch by right clicking the game, go to properties and insert the line from the dayz install instructions. From there you choose combined ops when you launch.
      Or make it even easier on yourself... Download the game on Steam, then download "Six Updater". One click mod installer/updater FTW.

http://www.dayzmod.com/?SixUpdater

Not sure how we could play together, I guess just pick out a server?

Steam: Surferbobgolf
      If you see me on Steam later, send me a message... I'll come play with you. Would be nice to have someone to help loot and stay alive.

I got it on Steam sale, so I only played for an hour or two until I got sniped by a guy I never saw.
      Last edited by SOAR; 07-26-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      07-27-2012 08:28 AM #35
      ^^ Yeah use SixUpdater, easy stuff.

I'm camped somewhere in Elektro, I hung out there for a good couple of hours gathering supplies and looking for survivors. Never saw anyone.

I've been using the Reddit Dayz Servers as they seem to be the most reliable.
      Flickr

Vehicles
      07-27-2012 11:41 AM #36
      I've been using the Reddit Dayz Servers as they seem to be the most reliable.
      Oh yeah, I didn't even think of checking to see if there were reddit servers.

Spawned in the SW corner of the map last night. Found a double barrel shotgun, but I only have one shell left. Wasted the other shell on a zombie because I was careless/excited after finding the gun.

I'm just NE of Komarovo. I'll make my way towards Electro, then we can team up on a server. I need to find a water canteen or something.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      08-09-2012 12:10 PM #37
      Have you gotten yours fixed? Mine is working again.

And DayZ is going standalone. Link
      Flickr

Vehicles
      08-09-2012 12:33 PM #38
      Yep, mine works now. I got on two nights ago and it worked just fine. Played with a group of guys from our Reddit "World of Tanks" clan.

This game is soooo much better when you play with squad of 4-5 people.

Can't wait til it goes stand alone on the Arma III engine.

Vehicles
      08-13-2012 12:01 PM #39
      A squad of 4 of us rolled through the northwest airfield last night under cover of darkness. I got myself an M4A3 CCO, G17, and 62 zombie kills.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      08-13-2012 12:50 PM #40
      I fired a Lee Enfield in Cherno.

On an unrelated note, I need you to give my guy a blood transfusion.
      Flickr

Vehicles
      08-13-2012 02:20 PM #41
      I fired a Lee Enfield in Cherno.

On an unrelated note, I need you to give my guy a blood transfusion.
      I ditched my blood packs so I could fit an AKM in my pack as a secondary rifle. What I usually do when I need supplies like that, is I go on a low pop server and raid Cherno's hospital.

Do you use DayZ Commander? It supports friend lists, which would make it easier for us to play together whenever.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      08-13-2012 03:12 PM #42
      I've got SixLauncher, I'll look into that though.

I've got bloodpacks, you just have to get someone else to do the transfusion.
      Flickr

Vehicles
      08-13-2012 03:46 PM #43
      I've got SixLauncher, I'll look into that though.

I've got bloodpacks, you just have to get someone else to do the transfusion.
      Oh ok. Yeah, everyone appears to be ditching Six for DayZ Commander. It has friend lists, favorites, and really good search filters.

Last edited by SOAR; 08-13-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      08-13-2012 04:25 PM #44
      Flickr

Vehicles
      08-13-2012 04:33 PM #45
      That's just a screenshot from the website.

21. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8, 96 T&C LXi
      09-01-2012 11:43 PM #46
      In... but still working on getting it working.
      Steam can be a pain.
      Initially I thought "not for me" due to the rpg elements.. but then I realized it's not rpg, it's ****ing reality.
      Oh, and I upgraded my crap mouse and keyboard with an mk710.
      “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

22. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Vehicles
      09-02-2012 02:05 AM #47
      Fudge.... make sure to adjust your firewall settings to give Battleye open access (I assume that's ArmA II's punkbuster).
      I was really into my first DayZ experience and got kicked due to that little snafu.
      “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

23. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 1984 VW Vanagon, 2007 Kia Rondo
      09-02-2012 09:21 AM #48
      I'm going to have to take back what I said earlier, I think I'm going to check this game out after all. I've been watching a bunch of Youtube videos and what not lately. I also just got a new gaming rig (well, that's what I'm calling it anyway) and will now be able to play PC games again. Once I get it up and running, I think I'm downloading this first. But if I start getting powned right out off the bat, I may go back to what I said earlier

So here's a question though - when you start the game, my understanding is you basically have nothing. Once you start finding stuff and get yourself kitted out, do those items stay with you when you get killed? Or do you respawn back at zero with nothing? For those that have been playing, assuming you are a reasonably average player, do you find yourself being able to get in and out of the game at will without getting killed? Or is it like any other FPS type game where you get killed regularly? I know that could be seen as a dumb question, but I saw a lot of videos with people with tents and other things set up. Is it set up so that if you are good enough, you can essentially set up a base and run around indefinitely until you get killed? Or is it a brand new game every time you boot up?

24. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Vehicles
      09-02-2012 03:10 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by MeineFolks'wagen View Post
      I'm going to have to take back what I said earlier, I think I'm going to check this game out after all. I've been watching a bunch of Youtube videos and what not lately. I also just got a new gaming rig (well, that's what I'm calling it anyway) and will now be able to play PC games again. Once I get it up and running, I think I'm downloading this first. But if I start getting powned right out off the bat, I may go back to what I said earlier

So here's a question though - when you start the game, my understanding is you basically have nothing. Once you start finding stuff and get yourself kitted out, do those items stay with you when you get killed? Or do you respawn back at zero with nothing? For those that have been playing, assuming you are a reasonably average player, do you find yourself being able to get in and out of the game at will without getting killed? Or is it like any other FPS type game where you get killed regularly? I know that could be seen as a dumb question, but I saw a lot of videos with people with tents and other things set up. Is it set up so that if you are good enough, you can essentially set up a base and run around indefinitely until you get killed? Or is it a brand new game every time you boot up?
      First off- this is my first mod game experience.
      It is a bit more tedious to get it up and running than I expected.
      But I am a long time console gamer.

You start with some bandages and cans of beans.

The zombies are not very perceptual aware except when really really close of if they hear a loud bang (gun).

The other survivors are more dangerous than the zombies.

I started playing last night and had some graphical glitches so I didn't play long. Turns out leaving all the video settings at how it defaults resolved that issue. Keep that in mind.

Anyway- I just ****ing (unnecessarily) crawled across a valley and road and was up to a door of a house (looking for weapons) and bam! game over. A survivor hiding in the house killed me with a point blank head shot... but admittedly I was so focused on all the zombies around the house I did not even look at the chat lines. He/she may have been asking if I was friend of foe. If you don't answer in ten seconds- most will shoot you.

25. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 1984 VW Vanagon, 2007 Kia Rondo
      09-02-2012 06:32 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      First off- this is my first mod game experience.
      It is a bit more tedious to get it up and running than I expected.
      But I am a long time console gamer.

You start with some bandages and cans of beans.

The zombies are not very perceptual aware except when really really close of if they hear a loud bang (gun).

The other survivors are more dangerous than the zombies.

I started playing last night and had some graphical glitches so I didn't play long. Turns out leaving all the video settings at how it defaults resolved that issue. Keep that in mind.

Anyway- I just ****ing (unnecessarily) crawled across a valley and road and was up to a door of a house (looking for weapons) and bam! game over. A survivor hiding in the house killed me with a point blank head shot... but admittedly I was so focused on all the zombies around the house I did not even look at the chat lines. He/she may have been asking if I was friend of foe. If you don't answer in ten seconds- most will shoot you.
      That was the vibe I got watching the videos. That and many times groups of players will F with single players by luring them into thinking their friendly and then kill them. Probably won't be able to play until later this week. I've got some odds and ins I need to get before I can get my system up and running.

But back to what I was asking, if you have all sorts of gear and are killed, do you start over with all of it again or are you basically back to zero?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast