Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Results 36 to 70 of 91

    Thread: ARMA 2 Day Z Mod, anyone playing?

    1. Moderator SOAR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2007
      Location
      Mukilteo, WA
      Posts
      8,022
      07-27-2012 11:41 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by SurferbobGolf View Post
      I've been using the Reddit Dayz Servers as they seem to be the most reliable.
      Oh yeah, I didn't even think of checking to see if there were reddit servers.

      Spawned in the SW corner of the map last night. Found a double barrel shotgun, but I only have one shell left. Wasted the other shell on a zombie because I was careless/excited after finding the gun.

      I'm just NE of Komarovo. I'll make my way towards Electro, then we can team up on a server. I need to find a water canteen or something.

    2. Member SurferbobGolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 10th, 2005
      Location
      Tallahassee, Florida
      Posts
      7,623
      Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      08-09-2012 12:10 PM #37
      Have you gotten yours fixed? Mine is working again.

      And DayZ is going standalone. Link
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

    3. Moderator SOAR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2007
      Location
      Mukilteo, WA
      Posts
      8,022
      08-09-2012 12:33 PM #38
      Yep, mine works now. I got on two nights ago and it worked just fine. Played with a group of guys from our Reddit "World of Tanks" clan.

      This game is soooo much better when you play with squad of 4-5 people.

      Can't wait til it goes stand alone on the Arma III engine.

    4. Moderator SOAR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2007
      Location
      Mukilteo, WA
      Posts
      8,022
      08-13-2012 12:01 PM #39
      A squad of 4 of us rolled through the northwest airfield last night under cover of darkness. I got myself an M4A3 CCO, G17, and 62 zombie kills.

    5. Member SurferbobGolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 10th, 2005
      Location
      Tallahassee, Florida
      Posts
      7,623
      Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      08-13-2012 12:50 PM #40
      I fired a Lee Enfield in Cherno.

      On an unrelated note, I need you to give my guy a blood transfusion.
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

    6. Moderator SOAR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2007
      Location
      Mukilteo, WA
      Posts
      8,022
      08-13-2012 02:20 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by SurferbobGolf View Post
      I fired a Lee Enfield in Cherno.

      On an unrelated note, I need you to give my guy a blood transfusion.
      I ditched my blood packs so I could fit an AKM in my pack as a secondary rifle. What I usually do when I need supplies like that, is I go on a low pop server and raid Cherno's hospital.

      Do you use DayZ Commander? It supports friend lists, which would make it easier for us to play together whenever.

    7. Member SurferbobGolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 10th, 2005
      Location
      Tallahassee, Florida
      Posts
      7,623
      Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      08-13-2012 03:12 PM #42
      I've got SixLauncher, I'll look into that though.

      I've got bloodpacks, you just have to get someone else to do the transfusion.
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

    8. Moderator SOAR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2007
      Location
      Mukilteo, WA
      Posts
      8,022
      08-13-2012 03:46 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by SurferbobGolf View Post
      I've got SixLauncher, I'll look into that though.

      I've got bloodpacks, you just have to get someone else to do the transfusion.
      Oh ok. Yeah, everyone appears to be ditching Six for DayZ Commander. It has friend lists, favorites, and really good search filters.

      Last edited by SOAR; 08-13-2012 at 04:16 PM.

    9. Member SurferbobGolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 10th, 2005
      Location
      Tallahassee, Florida
      Posts
      7,623
      Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      08-13-2012 04:25 PM #44
      737
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

    10. Moderator SOAR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2007
      Location
      Mukilteo, WA
      Posts
      8,022
      08-13-2012 04:33 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by SurferbobGolf View Post
      737
      That's just a screenshot from the website.

    11. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      62,917
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      09-01-2012 11:43 PM #46
      In... but still working on getting it working.
      Steam can be a pain.
      Initially I thought "not for me" due to the rpg elements.. but then I realized it's not rpg, it's ****ing reality.
      Oh, and I upgraded my crap mouse and keyboard with an mk710.
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

    12. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      62,917
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      09-02-2012 02:05 AM #47
      Fudge.... make sure to adjust your firewall settings to give Battleye open access (I assume that's ArmA II's punkbuster).
      I was really into my first DayZ experience and got kicked due to that little snafu.
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

    13. Member
      Join Date
      May 8th, 2002
      Location
      Plano, TX
      Posts
      6,209
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 2005 Vstrom 650
      09-02-2012 09:21 AM #48
      I'm going to have to take back what I said earlier, I think I'm going to check this game out after all. I've been watching a bunch of Youtube videos and what not lately. I also just got a new gaming rig (well, that's what I'm calling it anyway) and will now be able to play PC games again. Once I get it up and running, I think I'm downloading this first. But if I start getting powned right out off the bat, I may go back to what I said earlier

      So here's a question though - when you start the game, my understanding is you basically have nothing. Once you start finding stuff and get yourself kitted out, do those items stay with you when you get killed? Or do you respawn back at zero with nothing? For those that have been playing, assuming you are a reasonably average player, do you find yourself being able to get in and out of the game at will without getting killed? Or is it like any other FPS type game where you get killed regularly? I know that could be seen as a dumb question, but I saw a lot of videos with people with tents and other things set up. Is it set up so that if you are good enough, you can essentially set up a base and run around indefinitely until you get killed? Or is it a brand new game every time you boot up?

    14. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      62,917
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      09-02-2012 03:10 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by MeineFolks'wagen View Post
      I'm going to have to take back what I said earlier, I think I'm going to check this game out after all. I've been watching a bunch of Youtube videos and what not lately. I also just got a new gaming rig (well, that's what I'm calling it anyway) and will now be able to play PC games again. Once I get it up and running, I think I'm downloading this first. But if I start getting powned right out off the bat, I may go back to what I said earlier

      So here's a question though - when you start the game, my understanding is you basically have nothing. Once you start finding stuff and get yourself kitted out, do those items stay with you when you get killed? Or do you respawn back at zero with nothing? For those that have been playing, assuming you are a reasonably average player, do you find yourself being able to get in and out of the game at will without getting killed? Or is it like any other FPS type game where you get killed regularly? I know that could be seen as a dumb question, but I saw a lot of videos with people with tents and other things set up. Is it set up so that if you are good enough, you can essentially set up a base and run around indefinitely until you get killed? Or is it a brand new game every time you boot up?
      First off- this is my first mod game experience.
      It is a bit more tedious to get it up and running than I expected.
      But I am a long time console gamer.

      You start with some bandages and cans of beans.

      The zombies are not very perceptual aware except when really really close of if they hear a loud bang (gun).

      The other survivors are more dangerous than the zombies.

      I started playing last night and had some graphical glitches so I didn't play long. Turns out leaving all the video settings at how it defaults resolved that issue. Keep that in mind.

      Anyway- I just ****ing (unnecessarily) crawled across a valley and road and was up to a door of a house (looking for weapons) and bam! game over. A survivor hiding in the house killed me with a point blank head shot... but admittedly I was so focused on all the zombies around the house I did not even look at the chat lines. He/she may have been asking if I was friend of foe. If you don't answer in ten seconds- most will shoot you.
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

    15. Member
      Join Date
      May 8th, 2002
      Location
      Plano, TX
      Posts
      6,209
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 2005 Vstrom 650
      09-02-2012 06:32 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      First off- this is my first mod game experience.
      It is a bit more tedious to get it up and running than I expected.
      But I am a long time console gamer.

      You start with some bandages and cans of beans.

      The zombies are not very perceptual aware except when really really close of if they hear a loud bang (gun).

      The other survivors are more dangerous than the zombies.

      I started playing last night and had some graphical glitches so I didn't play long. Turns out leaving all the video settings at how it defaults resolved that issue. Keep that in mind.

      Anyway- I just ****ing (unnecessarily) crawled across a valley and road and was up to a door of a house (looking for weapons) and bam! game over. A survivor hiding in the house killed me with a point blank head shot... but admittedly I was so focused on all the zombies around the house I did not even look at the chat lines. He/she may have been asking if I was friend of foe. If you don't answer in ten seconds- most will shoot you.
      That was the vibe I got watching the videos. That and many times groups of players will F with single players by luring them into thinking their friendly and then kill them. Probably won't be able to play until later this week. I've got some odds and ins I need to get before I can get my system up and running.

      But back to what I was asking, if you have all sorts of gear and are killed, do you start over with all of it again or are you basically back to zero?

    16. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      62,917
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      09-02-2012 07:53 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by MeineFolks'wagen View Post
      That was the vibe I got watching the videos. That and many times groups of players will F with single players by luring them into thinking their friendly and then kill them. Probably won't be able to play until later this week. I've got some odds and ins I need to get before I can get my system up and running.

      But back to what I was asking, if you have all sorts of gear and are killed, do you start over with all of it again or are you basically back to zero?
      What do you think perma-death means?

      And note you can leave the game and come back on any server at the same spot as you were (same stats and stuff).... But I guess if you die and restart on the same server and start near the same location, you can go back to where you died and get your stuff.

      One more thing- crawling zombies look like survivors from a distance.
      I didn't realize there were crawling zombies.... and they really got me good.

      You can run full speed from zombies, take a long arc and drop down (Z) and start moving another way.... any chasing zombies will stop where they saw you last and go back into their normal movement if you are not there. That strategy works much better that shooting them with a rifle, which drew in a dozen zombies.. I had to run to a large pond and jump in and cross then do the run and drop to lose them.

      I think the sense of not knowing what to expect is what makes it fun- like playing Minecraft, you start with nothing and explore and survive.
      Just scavenging around before I died last time (stuff is around and in buildings, which is where all the zombies are too) I found bolts and a barbed wire fence layer...(?) So you can make your own fence? It makes you wonder.
      Last edited by BRealistic; 09-02-2012 at 08:04 PM.
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

    17. Member
      Join Date
      May 8th, 2002
      Location
      Plano, TX
      Posts
      6,209
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 2005 Vstrom 650
      09-02-2012 08:02 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      What do you think perma-death means?

      And note you can leave the game and come back on any server at the same spot as you were (same stats and stuff).... But I guess if you die and restart on the same server and start near the same location, you can go back to where you died and get your stuff.

      One more thing- crawling zombies look like survivors from a distance.
      I didn't realize there were crawling zombies.... and they really got me good.

      You can run full speed from zombies, take a long arc and drop down (Z) and start moving another way.... any chasing zombies will stop where they saw you last and go back into their normal movement if you are not there. That strategy works much better that shooting them with a rifle, which drew in a dozen zombies.. I had to run to a large pond and jump in and cross then do the run and drop to lose them.

      I think the sense of not knowing what to expect is what makes it fun- like playing Minecraft, you start with nothing and explore and survive.
      Just scavenging around before I died last time (stuff is around and in buildings, which is where all the zombies are too) I found bolts and a barbed wire fence layer...(?) So you can make your own fence? It makes you wonder.
      Interesting - now the next question. From watching the videos, it looks like the world is fairly large. Do the servers limit how many people can be in any one world/city at a time? I didn't see any videos where anyone was running into more than a handful of people. Keep in mind my only recent experience with any kind of FPS games is Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc. Can you more or less expect to play and roam around for hours by yourself without running into anyone or do you bump into people fairly regularly?

      Like I said, I tried to go through the ARMA website and it really doesn't give me a whole lot. I can't even find the system requirements for the game on there (found them somewhere else).

      Thanks!

    18. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      62,917
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      09-02-2012 08:09 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by MeineFolks'wagen View Post
      Interesting - now the next question. From watching the videos, it looks like the world is fairly large. Do the servers limit how many people can be in any one world/city at a time? I didn't see any videos where anyone was running into more than a handful of people. Keep in mind my only recent experience with any kind of FPS games is Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc. Can you more or less expect to play and roam around for hours by yourself without running into anyone or do you bump into people fairly regularly?

      Like I said, I tried to go through the ARMA website and it really doesn't give me a whole lot. I can't even find the system requirements for the game on there (found them somewhere else).

      Thanks!
      I guess the server admin sets the max players in any one server.
      The place where you chose a server shows the number of players and the max number for each server.



      I have not had any issues getting on a server... so the popularity has meant many moire servers were added. And that's good.

      When you are playing in game you see a zombies stat number of living zombies at any one moment. I am not sure if that is set by the server admin or what- but it seems like more and more zombies appear if you hang around buildings.

      Also- there is a code changes to make use of a quad core cpu. The default is dual core and it does not detect. That is supposed to make a significant difference in performance.
      Last edited by BRealistic; 09-02-2012 at 08:23 PM.
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

    19. Moderator SOAR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2007
      Location
      Mukilteo, WA
      Posts
      8,022
      09-02-2012 09:34 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      When you are playing in game you see a zombies stat number of living zombies at any one moment. I am not sure if that is set by the server admin or what- but it seems like more and more zombies appear if you hang around buildings.
      It's because zombies only spawn in a certain vicinity of a player. The debug menu is temporary, and will not be there in the final game.

      So say there are 3 players on a server and only like 5 zombies... This means that the players are probably all out in the woods doing whatever. If everyone was in cherno/elektro you would see that number up in the hundreds.

    20. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      62,917
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      09-02-2012 10:08 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by SOAR View Post
      It's because zombies only spawn in a certain vicinity of a player. The debug menu is temporary, and will not be there in the final game.

      So say there are 3 players on a server and only like 5 zombies... This means that the players are probably all out in the woods doing whatever. If everyone was in cherno/elektro you would see that number up in the hundreds.
      Yeah.. I guess I said that but in a very confusing way.

      I got down to under 4000 blood and headed for the woods (after the pond incident).
      Wow- it sucks when you can't see ish.
      Everything looks like a zombie.
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

    21. 09-02-2012 11:21 PM #56
      I'm up in the north west near Vybor if anyone wants to meet up. I'll throw a set of range finders in for anyone that wants to give me a bloodbag. Managed to find a camp up on green mountain near the signal tower. Pretty sure it was a scripters camp. Had a bunch of rare guns and a G36 which I've never seen on youtube or in this mod before. Wish I had kept track of the server, I'd throw it out there if I did.

    22. Member
      Join Date
      May 8th, 2002
      Location
      Plano, TX
      Posts
      6,209
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 2005 Vstrom 650
      09-03-2012 11:18 AM #57
      So the blood packs are basically like health kits I assume? I've seen where people talk about needing blood transfusions and what not, so if you're injured and don't have any, someone has to heal you? I guess my next question is - is this game playable solo or are you more or less wasting your time? I don't really have a whole lot of opportunity to play online, so having friends lists and stuff like that is pretty much a non issue. I know I read about them making a solo version of Day Z soon (or it's a mod or something), same goes for the regular game?

    23. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      62,917
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      09-03-2012 02:52 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by MeineFolks'wagen View Post
      So the blood packs are basically like health kits I assume? I've seen where people talk about needing blood transfusions and what not, so if you're injured and don't have any, someone has to heal you? I guess my next question is - is this game playable solo or are you more or less wasting your time? I don't really have a whole lot of opportunity to play online, so having friends lists and stuff like that is pretty much a non issue. I know I read about them making a solo version of Day Z soon (or it's a mod or something), same goes for the regular game?
      Just don't loose that much blood.

      Or learn to hunt/cook.

      http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Cooked_Meat

      It doesn't list deer- but I swear a deer ran in front of me yesterday. Hmm.

      The biggest problem with cooking is getting all you need- knife, matches, meat, place to cook.
      Last edited by BRealistic; 09-03-2012 at 02:54 PM.
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

    24. Member
      Join Date
      May 8th, 2002
      Location
      Plano, TX
      Posts
      6,209
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 2005 Vstrom 650
      09-03-2012 03:55 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      Just don't loose that much blood.

      Or learn to hunt/cook.

      http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Cooked_Meat

      It doesn't list deer- but I swear a deer ran in front of me yesterday. Hmm.

      The biggest problem with cooking is getting all you need- knife, matches, meat, place to cook.
      Saw a video where a guy did this with a cow, but I had assumed those were standard items to have. Guess not huh?

    25. 09-03-2012 09:15 PM #60
      fraid not. although matches seem to be the only item needed that presents a problem for me. there is also the danger with killing the animal if you are in proximity to zombies or other players. A shot is a good way to get made. You could use the axe to off your prey, but the whole dropping your primary to access your toolbelt is really annoying and leaves your temporarily at a disadvantage should another player happen upon you.
      As far as going solo, I've been playing since June exclusively solo. I'd prefer to have some friends, or a group to team up with, but my schedule is just too spotty to allow me to make appointments for games. I still enjoy it though. No other game has felt so intense, and left me so disturbed when my character is killed.

    26. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      62,917
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      09-03-2012 09:45 PM #61
      I just found a working bicycle at a farm up in the mountains...
      Can I outrun zombies on bicycle?
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

    27. Moderator SOAR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2007
      Location
      Mukilteo, WA
      Posts
      8,022
      09-03-2012 10:15 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I just found a working bicycle at a farm up in the mountains...
      Can I outrun zombies on bicycle?
      Yeah, they'll actually go like 80kmh down hills.

    28. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      62,917
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      09-03-2012 10:51 PM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by SOAR View Post
      Yeah, they'll actually go like 80kmh down hills.
      Like an idiot- I was giddy with speed and rode off the end of a road into the rolling grassy hills for like ten minutes (chasing animals)... and now I can't find my way back.
      I guess I am off the map.. and there is no way to reset/kill yourself.
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

    29. 09-04-2012 10:11 AM #64
      Brealistic, did you try logging into a recruit server so you can see you location on the map without GPS? Last night I actually made my first foray to the southern barracks at the NW airfield at night. Lot less stressful in the dark with NVG's although the graphical glitches made me change servers twice. Found an M16 A2 and an AKM along with assorted mags and smoke grenades. Nothing exciting enough to replace the M4 Holo I liberated from a camp. On the way out however I stumbled upon not one, but two downed helos. The first one contained a Bizon which I considered throwing in my pack, but decided against. Hard being alone up north without a good supply of food and liquid. Second site had an AS50 with ammo, which I've never come across before. Again I pondered picking it up. Since I don't really plan on going anywhere to snipe other players and don't have a squad mate to give it to I left it. I have my eye out for an M14 AIM. Someday.

    30. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      62,917
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      09-04-2012 10:44 AM #65
      Looking at a dayz map online,.and I must have gone off the bottom left (south west) edge.
      And to make matters worse- I started riding toward the setting sunset thinking I was east of the map. Good gravy,, I must have been the distance of the entire map OFF the map.
      I left it going overnight to let my player die in the cold.
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

    31. 09-04-2012 12:44 PM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      Looking at a dayz map online,.and I must have gone off the bottom left (south west) edge.
      And to make matters worse- I started riding toward the setting sunset thinking I was east of the map. Good gravy,, I must have been the distance of the entire map OFF the map.
      I left it going overnight to let my player die in the cold.
      how long does that take? seems that temp isn't as important as it once was. any chance you'd want to team up sometime? mostly weekends in the evening eastern time for me.

    32. Moderator SOAR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2007
      Location
      Mukilteo, WA
      Posts
      8,022
      09-04-2012 02:08 PM #67
      If you just run around for a bit without eating/drinking you will die.

    33. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      62,917
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      09-05-2012 10:57 PM #68
      Some idiot noob just ran up to me and squatted down for a chat.... but he already had zombies chasing him. Good gravyville I wanted to shoot him.. but alas I had no weapon.
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

    34. 09-09-2012 08:06 PM #69
      for those that haven't tried Lingor Island give it a go. Played some this weekend and it brought me back to the Day Z beginnings. Sure there is lot's of pvp, but I actually have been cooperating with lots of randoms. Was riding around in a car with a bunch of swedes, and it was mad fun.
      Also if you're not using DayZ Commander to load and update your mods, you don't know what your missing. Such an easy interface and loads nicer looking than anything with a "6" .

    35. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      62,917
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      09-10-2012 08:58 PM #70
      ^

      I checked out a video of Lingor Island play.. good gravyville, there are zombies everywhere.
      Do you start with no weapons like normal DayZ?
      I end up spending most of my plays just trying to get a weapon and find food before I die.... and not having very good luck at it.
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •