Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I think it's that time....R32T

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      07-09-2012 12:19 PM #36
      thanks for the advice.. I want it to be as oem looking as possible and I hate when people take the grills out..

Vehicles
      mk4 r32t /mk6 dsg golf tdi
      07-09-2012 01:00 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by lyd3nitup View Post
      As of right now car sits in the garage.. I was hoping this wouldn't happen lol but there's always a snag... like collapsing your lung.. But I talked to Tom at Innovative Motorsports last week who's basically in partnership with UM (they're in the same building) So he's been a little busy but either end of this week or next week he'll be taking my car and finishing it and then sent over to Jeff at UM for a tune. I'll finally be back at work this week so I'll at least be able to afford this. Can't wait to have it hauled away and see what it's going to look like when I get it back. I'm hoping and praying to have it back by waterfest.... That will be a miracle.. we'll see what happens.
      ... you will not have this back by waterfest

but you can dream

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      07-09-2012 01:31 PM #38
      Ya i was completely asleep when I wrote that.. hey.. a man can dream can't he?

Vehicles
      '09 CC VR6 / '05 E320 CDI / '87 GTI VRT
      07-09-2012 06:14 PM #39
      I also agree, having this by waterfest is not realistic, unless you have some serious loot (enough to persuade someone to work around the clock)

On another note, I'm not sure what you already have in the works (or what your budget is), but another shop in CT that could completely handle the install is BNR Motors in Meriden. Nothing against IM (I've heard nothing but good things), but just figured I'd mention it incase you wanted to price them out as well. I already know what your thinking, "Who the hell is BNR Motors"...a year ago I would have said the same thing and they are litterally 1 mile from my house (maybe because I've only been in the VW scene for 2 years and generally do all my own work). I'm not exactly sure how long they've been in business, but it is a family owned, VW only shop that has been around for the past decade or so (from what I gather). Over the past year or so, Bharat has taken great strides to bring in more "performance" business to go with all the general repair business they do (Some of which I believe even the VW dealers have sent to them ). He has purchase LOTS of goodies for the shop (additional lift, paint booth, etc) and hired some additional talent which have an extensive history in the fabrication/performance industry. Anyways, I stumbled across them when I had some haldex issues and was looking for a local mechanic other than the dealer for costs sake. Since then I've developed a good relationship with the guys down there and they have been my go to guys for stuff I don't feel comfortable doing on my own (in my tiny a** garage) or if I just don't feel like doing it. They are a cool bunch of guys and are willing to work with you. Shoot, I bet if you called them tonight they'd be in the flatbed headed your way . Anyways, just wanted to toss it out there....and just for the record, I'm in no way affiliated with them

If you call, ask for "B" (Bharat - Owner) or Rich....

210 Center St.
      Meriden CT
      203-237-8900
      Last edited by Cspence; 07-09-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Vehicles
      2000 vr6 gti, 2001 vr6 jetta, 96 gti vr6-T Haldex
      07-09-2012 09:22 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by newcreation View Post
      .68 a/r these cars love it if driven daily plus still good for mid to high 500's where i am currently. I am using oem studs not ARP the gentleman above is lol

would you mind to share about how much torque to all 4 wheels are you pushing on the stock transmission/gears? for how long have you pushing this much power? thank you
      2000 VR6 GTI, 2001 VR6 Jetta, 96 GTI VR6-T Haldex

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      07-10-2012 12:48 AM #41
      I understand you've had a good experience with this company and I appreciate the feedback because I'm still looking for somewhere to bring my car.. IM is a little backed up right now and I really need it back on the road. But, does this shop have experience with this kind of performance.. I mean it's no built drag setup.. but it'd be nice if they were familiar with my car specifically and the setup I'm doing.

Vehicles
      07-10-2012 07:21 AM #42
      Give them a call and talk to them....or better yet, if you have the time, swing by the shop to check it out in person....they'll have no problem showing you around and talking to you for a bit (Then at least you can see some of their work since they have a few project cars there - Twin supercharged G60, VF Stage 2 12v VR, Shaved Corrado - work in progress, etc). There is no doubt in my mind that they could handle this given the experience, knowledge and resources they have. They work on a few local .:R's (obviously including mine) regularly, so they "know" our cars specifically, but more importantly since they are a VW only repair shop, they know just about everything VW in general....ask them a few questions and you'll see lol. Shoot, I was down there this past Saturday and Rich was in the process of replacing the chains, flywheel, clutch, and downpipe on the VF Stage 2 12v and I learned a TON about the job, which was cool since most of it was very similar to our car (incase I ever wanted to under take the job on my own )
      Last edited by Cspence; 07-10-2012 at 07:34 AM.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      07-23-2012 02:38 AM #43
      A little update or big... The car has been towed to Tom at innovative motorsport where he will be undergoing the rest of the build. I asked him for pictures to at least keep the thread going until my cars done. Tuning will be done by UM ( right next door to IM) so I was lucky enough to meet Jeff. I will update with pictures as they are provided. cheers

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Vehicles
      85 cabby, 2004 R32T
      07-23-2012 12:46 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by gnatman View Post
      depending on your Intercooler.. see if you can get someone to add 90's on the endtanks or make them a 45 degree. You wont have to cut into the bumper or remove the two grills.
      Or get a eurojet fmic like the 1.8t dudes use. thats what i ended up using and it worked out great. The high endtanks work well with the R bumper and no trimming needed
      Last edited by chasekirkland; 07-23-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Vehicles
      91gti,92 gli, 2004 terminator cobra,2011 wrangler sahara,2014 mk6 gli,14' focus st
      07-23-2012 09:45 PM #45
      dont get the dp that cts uses....ull hate life and need a big mallet for adjustments

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      07-24-2012 02:10 PM #46
      too late

Vehicles
      BMP MKIV .:R32T, B8A4, LS3-86Z28(trkhor)
      07-24-2012 07:17 PM #47
      too late
      was it vband or not? if vband it might fit better. Jonny mooshoo had a vband setup they made off his car.

If not vband get a torch and hammer that bish in a lot.
      ALL PRICES REDUCED
      Click me for apparel
      HAVE YOU SEEN THE VIDEO?
      .:::Exklusiv:::.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      07-24-2012 09:39 PM #48
      it's vband... i dont think it will be a problem... but if it is Tom does his own fabbing so he'll make something work he hasn't contacted me with any problems yet cross my fingers.

Vehicles
      07-25-2012 02:08 AM #49
      it's vband... i dont think it will be a problem... but if it is Tom does his own fabbing so he'll make something work he hasn't contacted me with any problems yet cross my fingers.
      its also not a 4 hour install by any means lol. hopefully the viand model is better.

Would be nice if clay or Nik came in here offering discounts for people who have their ****ty ass DP that doesn't fit for ****..

YEA F U CTS and your crap fitting DP..

offer us a discount on your viand setup and make us all love ya again.

I can only dream
      ALL PRICES REDUCED
      Click me for apparel
      HAVE YOU SEEN THE VIDEO?

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      07-25-2012 12:28 PM #50
      Tom sent me a text today...

Head and tranny off along with chains etc.

Im glad I got the timing chain kit from ecs for this reason...

Photobucket

more to come.

16. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      MKIV R32, MKII jetta
      07-29-2012 02:37 AM #51
      i am in the middle of my own R32T build and my car is awaiting custom piping but i am still watching your build ill put my thread together soon...i went big and now im broke

Vehicles
      91gti,92 gli, 2004 terminator cobra,2011 wrangler sahara,2014 mk6 gli,14' focus st
      08-02-2012 11:03 AM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by gnatman View Post
      its also not a 4 hour install by any means lol. hopefully the viand model is better.

Would be nice if clay or Nik came in here offering discounts for people who have their ****ty ass DP that doesn't fit for ****..

YEA F U CTS and your crap fitting DP..

offer us a discount on your viand setup and make us all love ya again.

I can only dream
      lol good luck with cts, after all the THOUSANDS od dollars ive spent with them, they burned me on a new fuel pump that was bad from the get go... dont think ill ever spend another dime with them

Vehicles
      08-02-2012 11:05 AM #53
      Tom sent me a text today...

Head and tranny off along with chains etc.

Im glad I got the timing chain kit from ecs for this reason...

Photobucket

more to come.
      how many miles were on your car???

Vehicles
      08-02-2012 12:03 PM #54
      ^ this....makes me nervous that mine could be the same

20. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      08-02-2012 01:33 PM #55
      120xxx Miles on my car.. good thing i took it apart when I did, doing complete timing chain kit ie. guides, chains, bolts, etc. could have screwed the engine at any point.

had the head ported and cleaned, pistons were in good condition, and will be replaced a little further down the road.

Vehicles
      '07 335i Sedan, '04 R32, '82 300D, '95 Jetta
      08-02-2012 04:51 PM #56
      Looks great man! One day I may go turbo. HTF did you collapse you lung?! Sounds like you were just working on the car and... oh hi collapsed lung.

22. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      08-02-2012 11:51 PM #57
      haha, that's exactly what happened, i was just sitting on my computer and felt shortness of breath... totally sucked and ruined my car plans..

Tom told me he'll be starting the car up tomorrow, so I'll be awaiting any reply from him

Vehicles
      08-03-2012 11:51 AM #58
      care to list your setup again? i completely forgot .. i know its a c2 kit

but are you running an aftermarket clutch or a short runner? what size turbo / hotside size?

24. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      08-03-2012 01:34 PM #59
      Setup is the C2 Motorsport Stage 3 Kit.

Stage 3 Clutchnet 6 puck clutch...

Turbo is a Precision 6265 BB .68 and 4inch outlet.
      with a Precision 39mm WG

I'm not running a short runner for the moment, but after I pay this setup off in a couple months, I'm going to be purchasing pistons, rods, valves, springs, cams, and a shortrunner pretty much at the sametime, and do it all over again.

As of right now, I'm running the C2 Fabbed FMIC and SS IC piping.

Will be using stock headbolts, until the boost goes up.

If you want to know anything else just let me know..

25. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      08-10-2012 12:27 PM #60
      So a couple things have gone wrong in the build.. tom told me the transmission has gone bad as many do in this car around the mileage I have on it.. he'll be rebuilding it with TT internals which should be nice..

also, there's a little shaft play in the turbo... the person that sold it to me on the forums said it was 10hours used.. when tom looked at it he saw that the hotside was brandnew but the other side was very used and that worried him.. so he'll be contacting precision turbo to see what route to go next.. he may have to do a couple test runs with it.. and i may need to replace somethings which im not looking forward too...

all of that said.. it's going to be a little more expensive than i anticipated and i'm trying to sell some things from my car to help a little..

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-Leather-Seats.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...stom-enclosure.

thanks all

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit - 02/04 .:R32 Jetta wagon - 04 .:R32 - E30 325i & Alfa GTV6 Chumpcar Racecars
      08-10-2012 01:11 PM #61

Turbo is a Precision 6265 BB .68 and 4inch outlet.
      4inch outlet? and the down pipe is it 4inch?

thought it was all 3" on the C2 kits

Vehicles
      08-10-2012 01:35 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by huichox4 View Post
      4inch outlet? and the down pipe is it 4inch?

thought it was all 3" on the C2 kits
      i was at the shop the other day .. the turbo is a lil confusing ..

pretty sure its a 4" inlet with a 2.5" outlet aka a "S" cover

the hotside vband is SLIGHTLY smaller than the vband on the downpipe .. just ever so slightly .. pretty sure it will still seal 100% its just not a solid 100% match they are both 3" I think precision recommends using their own special vbands which is why the fitment isnt 100%

not sure if whoever sold you this kit bought this all as a solid kit themselves or if they pieced some stuff together

anyways if anyone can put it together .. its Tom .. so let him work his magic and you will be happy with the end result

28. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      08-10-2012 08:06 PM #63
      Ya I trust him completely just waiting to hear back from him on what he ffound out about the turbo... He's in Chicago this weekend so ill have an update early next week hopefully...

I just want my car back lol

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

29. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      08-17-2012 11:57 AM #64
      More great news about the build... NOT

Tom thinks the compressor is going to need to be replaced.. courtesy of the A-hole who sold it to me.. I was told it had 10 hours of use when really it's somewhere around 4 years old...

Still waiting to hear back from PrecisionTurbo about it for a final price...

Tom says he'll be finishing up the transmission this week/weekend and we'll just be waiting for the turbo parts to come in...

Software is all loaded thanks to Jeff at UM..

I'll be praying to take a trip up next week to hear my car start for the first time...

cheers..

PS BUY MY SEATS

Vehicles
      08-17-2012 01:57 PM #65
      More great news about the build... NOT

Tom thinks the compressor is going to need to be replaced.. courtesy of the A-hole who sold it to me.. I was told it had 10 hours of use when really it's somewhere around 4 years old...

Still waiting to hear back from PrecisionTurbo about it for a final price...

Tom says he'll be finishing up the transmission this week/weekend and we'll just be waiting for the turbo parts to come in...

Software is all loaded thanks to Jeff at UM..

I'll be praying to take a trip up next week to hear my car start for the first time...

cheers..

PS BUY MY SEATS
      From what I was told the cost of a PT rebuild is a little cheaper than buying a new turbo. I ended up just getting a new turbo and have an awesome paperweight too.
      ALL PRICES REDUCED
      Click me for apparel
      HAVE YOU SEEN THE VIDEO?

31. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      08-17-2012 02:48 PM #66
      ya, im going to see how much it's going to be and just weight my options... i hope it doesn't come down to that

32. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      08-31-2012 12:08 AM #67
      took a little day trip up to drop off some bolts to tom, and be reunited with my car for the first time in a month lol..

Some good news came from the visit..

The turbo which was sent to to precision and we thought needed replacement parts, was actually perfectly fine by them, should be back to the shop by next week.

Replacement shims for the tranny should also be in by next week.

Which are the only 2 parts he's waiting for the put everything back together.

All the pics and video's he's been taking will be given to me when I pick my car up so I'll have everything for this thread by then..

ALSO the car should be ready by H20 !!!!!!

33. Member
      08-31-2012 01:52 PM #68
      So a couple things have gone wrong in the build.. tom told me the transmission has gone bad as many do in this car around the mileage I have on it.. he'll be rebuilding it with TT internals which should be nice..
      Why would you want to put TT internals in the gearbox for?
      585 flywheel bhp HPA blackjack turbo conversion. Forged engine,ported head,+1mm Ferrea valves + spring,Schrick 268/264 cams,DRP gearbox with forged gear kit,Clutchmaster FX850,Quaife up front and Peloquin rear,Porsche 996T calipers up front with 300mm rear kit,stripped with roll cage.
      DRP gearbox`s and R32 rear diffs always for sale

Vehicles
      09-05-2012 08:14 PM #69
      ya, im going to see how much it's going to be and just weight my options... i hope it doesn't come down to that
      i had my pt 6262bb rebuilt with garrett ceramic guts for 830 bucks

35. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      09-05-2012 09:12 PM #70
      I was figuring around that much.. but thank God I don't have to worry about it... it should be in soon from Precision so I can get my damn car back before H2o

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast