Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I think it's that time....R32T

Vehicles
      04 R32T
      06-27-2012 09:09 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Rmeitz167 View Post
      ill second the headspacer with no modified guide. Mitch ran 2 headgaskets, i split mine... thus my oem stuff worked fine. Take your time, and read as many build threads as possible. Dont be scared to ask questions!!
      Yupp split the oem gasket and put the spacer inbetween
      -JAMES-
      DRIVEN/Built /UM Turbo R - VR NATION

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      06-28-2012 11:31 PM #27
      Couple updates..here about 7 hours into the job... here's a couple picks explaining where I'm at right now..

Ready to come in and be torn apart

Had to clean out the garage and put random car parts all over my house to make room for this project lol

But had a chance to make this beautiful rack..

Battery Intake off with bumper etc.

Exhaust manifold was a batch to get off.. one bolt did not want to budge and was semi-stripped it took lots of wrist/forearm scrapes and sweat to get it off...

Finally budged...

Tomorrow is going to be a long day.. exhaust is coming off all the way up to the heads but the bolts are so rusted the first one i tried to loosen broke.. so it's going to be a challenge... also valve cover and head should be off tomorrow.. and more parts coming in the mail!!!!

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      07-01-2012 01:54 PM #28
      So a little update.. for friday.. I finished working on the car at around 4pm.. and relaxed for a little while.. at 1am.. my chest started to hurt.. so i went to lay down.. next morning didn't go away so i went to the hospital.. just to find out I have a 20% collapsed lung.. HURRAYYY

So right now i'm sitting with a tube in my chest... until they think it's safe to take it.. pretty much excruciating pain.. soo i think the car is on hold for a little here.. I'm trying to find someone locally to take it under their wing and finish the job.. since i obviously can't do it in this condition.

There will be pics and updates as so by whoever I get to do it.. because I still want to keep this thread going... also will be talking to UM tomorrow about their tune compared to the C2 one.. and see what software I want to go with...

Cheers

Vehicles
      04 R32T
      07-01-2012 02:39 PM #29
      UM tune is without a question at all lol
      -JAMES-
      DRIVEN/Built /UM Turbo R - VR NATION

Vehicles
      04 R32, 00 F250 7.3 O5 Gsxr
      07-02-2012 07:36 AM #30
      I just finished my R32t build i live in north NJ and got the UM tune i couldnt be happier but im in need of a new clutch already the stock one didnt like 15psi so i had to turn the boost down to 10psi till my fx 850 comes in

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      07-02-2012 12:19 PM #31
      I knew that would happen especially with the high miles on my car.. so I got a Clutchnet clutch to hold all that torque all going on at once.. I think I foudn a place to do it.. KDDesigns in North Smithfield RI Kyles going to hook me up

Vehicles
      98' Ginster GTI VR6, 04' BMP murdered out SC stg 4 R32, 08' GSXR 1k, 2014 Ducati Panigali 1199 R
      07-02-2012 12:42 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by lyd3nitup View Post
      got a bike lol that's going to have to do for now..
      When doing my SC build, always had my trusty motorcycle as backup!

Vehicles
      BMP MKIV .:R32T, B8A4, LS3-86Z28(trkhor)
      07-02-2012 12:44 PM #33
      Take your time, do it right once.
      ALL PRICES REDUCED
      Click me for apparel
      HAVE YOU SEEN THE VIDEO?
      .:::Exklusiv:::.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      07-09-2012 11:28 AM #34
      As of right now car sits in the garage.. I was hoping this wouldn't happen lol but there's always a snag... like collapsing your lung.. But I talked to Tom at Innovative Motorsports last week who's basically in partnership with UM (they're in the same building) So he's been a little busy but either end of this week or next week he'll be taking my car and finishing it and then sent over to Jeff at UM for a tune. I'll finally be back at work this week so I'll at least be able to afford this. Can't wait to have it hauled away and see what it's going to look like when I get it back. I'm hoping and praying to have it back by waterfest.... That will be a miracle.. we'll see what happens.

Vehicles
      07-09-2012 11:49 AM #35
      depending on your Intercooler.. see if you can get someone to add 90's on the endtanks or make them a 45 degree. You wont have to cut into the bumper or remove the two grills.
      ALL PRICES REDUCED
      Click me for apparel
      HAVE YOU SEEN THE VIDEO?

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      07-09-2012 12:19 PM #36
      thanks for the advice.. I want it to be as oem looking as possible and I hate when people take the grills out..

Vehicles
      mk4 r32t /mk6 dsg golf tdi
      07-09-2012 01:00 PM #37
      As of right now car sits in the garage.. I was hoping this wouldn't happen lol but there's always a snag... like collapsing your lung.. But I talked to Tom at Innovative Motorsports last week who's basically in partnership with UM (they're in the same building) So he's been a little busy but either end of this week or next week he'll be taking my car and finishing it and then sent over to Jeff at UM for a tune. I'll finally be back at work this week so I'll at least be able to afford this. Can't wait to have it hauled away and see what it's going to look like when I get it back. I'm hoping and praying to have it back by waterfest.... That will be a miracle.. we'll see what happens.
      ... you will not have this back by waterfest

but you can dream

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      07-09-2012 01:31 PM #38
      Ya i was completely asleep when I wrote that.. hey.. a man can dream can't he?

Vehicles
      '09 CC VR6 / '05 E320 CDI / '87 GTI VRT
      07-09-2012 06:14 PM #39
      I also agree, having this by waterfest is not realistic, unless you have some serious loot (enough to persuade someone to work around the clock)

On another note, I'm not sure what you already have in the works (or what your budget is), but another shop in CT that could completely handle the install is BNR Motors in Meriden. Nothing against IM (I've heard nothing but good things), but just figured I'd mention it incase you wanted to price them out as well. I already know what your thinking, "Who the hell is BNR Motors"...a year ago I would have said the same thing and they are litterally 1 mile from my house (maybe because I've only been in the VW scene for 2 years and generally do all my own work). I'm not exactly sure how long they've been in business, but it is a family owned, VW only shop that has been around for the past decade or so (from what I gather). Over the past year or so, Bharat has taken great strides to bring in more "performance" business to go with all the general repair business they do (Some of which I believe even the VW dealers have sent to them ). He has purchase LOTS of goodies for the shop (additional lift, paint booth, etc) and hired some additional talent which have an extensive history in the fabrication/performance industry. Anyways, I stumbled across them when I had some haldex issues and was looking for a local mechanic other than the dealer for costs sake. Since then I've developed a good relationship with the guys down there and they have been my go to guys for stuff I don't feel comfortable doing on my own (in my tiny a** garage) or if I just don't feel like doing it. They are a cool bunch of guys and are willing to work with you. Shoot, I bet if you called them tonight they'd be in the flatbed headed your way . Anyways, just wanted to toss it out there....and just for the record, I'm in no way affiliated with them

If you call, ask for "B" (Bharat - Owner) or Rich....

210 Center St.
      Meriden CT
      203-237-8900
      Last edited by Cspence; 07-09-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Vehicles
      2000 GTI VR6 SOLD, 2001 Jetta VR6, 96 VR6-T Haldex
      07-09-2012 09:22 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by newcreation View Post
      .68 a/r these cars love it if driven daily plus still good for mid to high 500's where i am currently. I am using oem studs not ARP the gentleman above is lol

would you mind to share about how much torque to all 4 wheels are you pushing on the stock transmission/gears? for how long have you pushing this much power? thank you
      2000 VR6 GTI SOLD, 2001 VR6 Jetta, 96 GTI VR6-T Haldex

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      07-10-2012 12:48 AM #41
      I understand you've had a good experience with this company and I appreciate the feedback because I'm still looking for somewhere to bring my car.. IM is a little backed up right now and I really need it back on the road. But, does this shop have experience with this kind of performance.. I mean it's no built drag setup.. but it'd be nice if they were familiar with my car specifically and the setup I'm doing.

Vehicles
      '09 CC VR6 / '05 E320 CDI / '87 GTI VRT
      07-10-2012 07:21 AM #42
      Give them a call and talk to them....or better yet, if you have the time, swing by the shop to check it out in person....they'll have no problem showing you around and talking to you for a bit (Then at least you can see some of their work since they have a few project cars there - Twin supercharged G60, VF Stage 2 12v VR, Shaved Corrado - work in progress, etc). There is no doubt in my mind that they could handle this given the experience, knowledge and resources they have. They work on a few local .:R's (obviously including mine) regularly, so they "know" our cars specifically, but more importantly since they are a VW only repair shop, they know just about everything VW in general....ask them a few questions and you'll see lol. Shoot, I was down there this past Saturday and Rich was in the process of replacing the chains, flywheel, clutch, and downpipe on the VF Stage 2 12v and I learned a TON about the job, which was cool since most of it was very similar to our car (incase I ever wanted to under take the job on my own )
      Last edited by Cspence; 07-10-2012 at 07:34 AM.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      07-23-2012 02:38 AM #43
      A little update or big... The car has been towed to Tom at innovative motorsport where he will be undergoing the rest of the build. I asked him for pictures to at least keep the thread going until my cars done. Tuning will be done by UM ( right next door to IM) so I was lucky enough to meet Jeff. I will update with pictures as they are provided. cheers

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Vehicles
      85 cabby, 2004 R32T
      07-23-2012 12:46 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by gnatman View Post
      depending on your Intercooler.. see if you can get someone to add 90's on the endtanks or make them a 45 degree. You wont have to cut into the bumper or remove the two grills.
      Or get a eurojet fmic like the 1.8t dudes use. thats what i ended up using and it worked out great. The high endtanks work well with the R bumper and no trimming needed
      Last edited by chasekirkland; 07-23-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Vehicles
      92 gli,02 jetta,2004 cobra,2014 gli,14' focus st
      07-23-2012 09:45 PM #45
      dont get the dp that cts uses....ull hate life and need a big mallet for adjustments

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      07-24-2012 02:10 PM #46
      too late

Vehicles
      07-24-2012 07:17 PM #47
      too late
      was it vband or not? if vband it might fit better. Jonny mooshoo had a vband setup they made off his car.

If not vband get a torch and hammer that bish in a lot.
      ALL PRICES REDUCED
      Click me for apparel
      HAVE YOU SEEN THE VIDEO?

23. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      07-24-2012 09:39 PM #48
      it's vband... i dont think it will be a problem... but if it is Tom does his own fabbing so he'll make something work he hasn't contacted me with any problems yet cross my fingers.

Vehicles
      07-25-2012 02:08 AM #49
      it's vband... i dont think it will be a problem... but if it is Tom does his own fabbing so he'll make something work he hasn't contacted me with any problems yet cross my fingers.
      its also not a 4 hour install by any means lol. hopefully the viand model is better.

Would be nice if clay or Nik came in here offering discounts for people who have their ****ty ass DP that doesn't fit for ****..

YEA F U CTS and your crap fitting DP..

offer us a discount on your viand setup and make us all love ya again.

I can only dream
      ALL PRICES REDUCED
      Click me for apparel
      HAVE YOU SEEN THE VIDEO?

25. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32T
      07-25-2012 12:28 PM #50
      Tom sent me a text today...

Head and tranny off along with chains etc.

Im glad I got the timing chain kit from ecs for this reason...

more to come.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast