Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: East Coast VW R Track Event presented by TrackDaze

Vehicles
      2008 VW R32 :: 2000 MBZ ML55 AMG :: 2006 Mini Cooper S :: 2003 Aprilia Atlantic 500 :: Yam. Morphous
      08-12-2012 06:42 PM #176
      Our local club recently updated their policy's about video. A ride-along instructor can say 'no recordings.'

There was also something about a recording of an accident or anything else that could embarrass the club shall not be posted to the interwebz.

I don't know of a specific instance or person that prompted this. Just covering the bases, I think.
      "If the car feels like it's on rails, you are probably driving too slowly." - Ross Bentley, Ultimate Speed Secrets

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 TR .:R32, 01 1.8T Jetta, 01 2.0 Jetta, 95 Ram 2500
      08-12-2012 10:10 PM #177

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump2 View Post
      Repost it

--Chuck--
      Hmm seems someone with the VWOA photobucket account uploaded a similar picture.

Quote Originally Posted by batman25 View Post
      story behind this?
      Little too agressive on the track nothing else. No stupid driving was done.

Quote Originally Posted by NoVaRaawr32 View Post
      Generally a car crashed during a track day has had a mechanical problem, or was driven beyond vehicle limits or beyond driver skill. Car in question was a 2012 Golf R, so prolly not mechanical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Believe it was a trackdaze instructor but don't quote me. I'm going with vehicle limit as my stock mkV was pulling on some of the new R's and seemed to out corner them as well. Maybe I just had better lines as I was in the beginner group.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Peach View Post
      Our local club recently updated their policy's about video. A ride-along instructor can say 'no recordings.'

There was also something about a recording of an accident or anything else that could embarrass the club shall not be posted to the interwebz.

I don't know of a specific instance or person that prompted this. Just covering the bases, I think.

As long as the video or camera was secured to the car Trackdaze didn't care. And I believe this picture was taken in plain sight on the paddock. We'll see if it gets pulled down/ complained against. This pic doesn't have license plate this time.

Vehicles
      MKIV 1.8FT Jetta, MKV .:R32
      08-12-2012 10:22 PM #178
      ^ **** happens. It's just a awd gti lol.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      08-13-2012 12:03 AM #179
      Photo dump of mk5's some may be repeats.

Vehicles
      2008 CW R32, 2003 1.8T GTI, 1974 2002 tii
      08-13-2012 01:49 AM #180
      Love me some MKV track action.
      Rigi Cola.

"The VR6 was an orchestra of well-tuned cylindrical delights." - jalopnik.com

Vehicles
      04 DBP R32; 04 BMP R32; 09 BMP Tiguan SEL
      08-20-2012 12:26 AM #181
      Quote Originally Posted by thedevilsequal View Post
      Believe it was a trackdaze instructor but don't quote me. I'm going with vehicle limit as my stock mkV was pulling on some of the new R's and seemed to out corner them as well. Maybe I just had better lines as I was in the beginner group.
      It wasn't a TrackDaze instructor driving.

Vehicles
      The one you envy
      08-20-2012 08:34 AM #182
      It is to my understanding the car was parked and the driver thought it was in gear but was not and simply rolled ahead in to the near by barrier. Simple mistake that's all

But now onto Mr thedevilsequal

Not sure what you point is nor what your digging for in posting up these pics of this unfortunate incident that happened. unfortunately it wasn't cover during the driver meeting, and anyone with good event ethics and more track and or simple social experience and consideration it doesn't need it said to them, that if there is an incident at an event and you happen to get or have video or pics to PLEASE not post them online, common sense? No? VWOA or not! So yeah I'm gonna say it your being a TOOL with all of this at many levels to boot. You should ad this to your sig I authorize you to "Hey VW thank you for the near free track day hope to do it again soon and now let me smack you in the face slap slap"

8. Member
      Vehicles
      08-20-2012 09:53 AM #183
      vwtechr32
      I posted pics to document the day. No malicious intent. As you state it is your understanding that the car simply rolled into a barrier. I posted a different picture after the first one was taken down because some people might not know what happened. Maybe someone in that group wanted to know why their session was cut a little short. Or maybe, like me, take pictures of everything to look back on in the future. So you don't know for sure what happened either. So while I appreciate your two cents maybe next time instead of trying to be a virtual tough guy in the forums you just keep to yourself.

As far as ethics is concerned, the day was a joke with them. Don't get me wrong I had a great time and my instructor was great but ethics that day was non existent. I took the beginner group so I would be able to take my time. During one session the red corrado was out passing everyone, during my last two sessions APR's car and a number of the VWOA cars were out on the track. If they were amateur drivers with race cars ok but don't tell me APR's car should have been running through the green group. It felt like we just helped pay for a testing session for APR.

The day was not cheap at all. Hotel room was over a hundred, helmet was around 150 (bought one because they said you couldn't rent and then had them a week before), gas round trip was around 200 (filled with high octane at the track), the track day itself with data tag was 70, food round trip was ~100, and the new set of tires I now need will be around a 1000. I am NOT complaining but you brought it up. I did this as a learning experience and think it was worth every penny but you are grossly mistaken if I am going to let some assclown on the web try to ruin it for me. If it was private owner of the car and they said hey please don't show my broken car I would have taken the picture down. If VWOA had asked me I would have taken it down. They didn't, so until then I'll post what I want as I am allowed to. Welcome to the free world.

P.S. there are a large number of people on here that are grateful I took pictures because they didn't have time to and VW nor APR took pictures of their cars. Except for the few posted on APR's website which was not every car at the event.

Vehicles
      2008 VW R32 :: 2000 MBZ ML55 AMG :: 2006 Mini Cooper S :: 2003 Aprilia Atlantic 500 :: Yam. Morphous
      08-20-2012 12:26 PM #184
      $200 or so (without data) is roughly the going rate of a track day, per person. I've paid more, I've paid a little less.

Sponsors deserve some respect - not blind obeisance, but some respect. Sponsors who get the price down to $32; well, I figure it's their party.

And yeah, I still spend a ton of money going to a VWOA track day. I just don't have to spend the $200 entry fee, and they pay that for all of us.

Your acknowledgement that you would comply if they asked you directly says that you "get it". The rest of this is just monkey dancing.
      "If the car feels like it's on rails, you are probably driving too slowly." - Ross Bentley, Ultimate Speed Secrets

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456