VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

East Coast VW R Track Event presented by TrackDaze

12K views 183 replies 46 participants last post by  Mr_Peach 
#1 · (Edited)
East Coast VW R Track Event presented by TrackDaze, sponsored by Volkswagen of America!

Saturday, July 28th 2012

Summit Point Motorsports Park (www.summitpoint-raceway.com) has been selected to host East Coast VW R owners as they get together to celebrate VW's R32 & Latest Golf R. Event highlights include a full “Track Day” on Summit Point's famed Shenandoah Circuit. This 2.2 mile 17 turn track includes a scale replica of the infamous Karrusell from the Nurburgring. Located in scenic West Virginia, Summit Point is conveniently located to most East Coast R owners only just over 1 hour from Washington DC & Northern VA.

A registration fee of $50.00 provides each entrant with a over 2 hours of Professional Driving instruction, Track Time, Lunch and a Custom Event t-shirt! With registration fees for High Performance Driving Events normally over $400.00, only through Volkswagen of America’s generosity and TrackDaze’s commitment to the VW enthusiast can an event like this be offered at such an amazing cost to participants.

Space for the driving portion of the event is exclusively limited to the first 150 Golf R and R32 owners. Owners interested in this portion of the event must register online to confirm participation. Registration opens 7 am EST, June 27th 2012. For more information, visit www.trackdaze.com/ecgolfr

Contact(s): TrackDaze High-Performance Driving: info@trackdaze.com

See less See more
#14 ·
I hate you all... I've been waiting for this since I bought my R32 and now you finally do it a month after I sold it... :banghead: :laugh:

JC, you guys need a driver for any of those cars? :D

If you own an R model and live within 750 miles of this, you are a fool if you don't sign up. VWoA doesn't hold back on stuff like this, they'll pull all the stops and make one hell of a show of the entire day
:beer::beer:

#15 ·
I hate you all... I've been waiting for this since I bought my R32 and now you finally do it a month after I sold it... :banghead: :laugh:

JC, you guys need a driver for any of those cars? :D

If you own an R model and live within 750 miles of this, you are a fool if you don't sign up. VWoA doesn't hold back on stuff like this, they'll pull all the stops and make one hell of a show of the entire day
:beer::beer:
Maybe our golf R, he is being a wuss :laugh:

#38 · (Edited)
:( i cannot attend this time....the rest of the .:R32 community please, please, please register and attend to show VWOA there is plenty of interest for this type of event. :heart:

those owners with the time, means, and proximity, have a duty to carry the torch for those of us that cannot attend. 150 slots is a lot....i may register just as a supporter, without attending.

went to wookiees in the woods again this year...best time ever with phenomenal people. but, a proper track day with instruction plus the die-hardiest VW enthusiasts in VW's premium hot-hatch [sorry GTI :D] seems to good to pass up.

hell, i'm now trying to figure out how i can make this event, you know why? because .:RacecaR!

*edit* update: literally shed a tear or two that i reside over 1,000 miles away from this event.

#39 ·
I am 50/50 at this point, where is everyone staying?
I may go for the whole VWoA thing.....

Gonna map it later and figure out my schedule......

I will be by myself, Mrs oldracer passed as she has to work..........

#40 ·
Hey all,
I just picked up an 08 R32 CPO a few weeks ago. I previously had an 08 STI that I tracked twice last summer. It was modified (turbo-back plus tune) so I already assumed I may have warranty issues.

If I do this event should I worry about VWofA marking my vehicle as having been tracked and give me trouble if I end up having a warranty claim? I have no plans to modify the R anytime soon.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.