Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: STaSIS Engineering Audi TT-RS ECU Tune Now Available!

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT RS
      06-27-2012 06:56 PM #1
      The STaSIS Engineering Audi TT-RS ECU tune is now available!

I am sure the official announcement will follow soon.

Resultant gains are:

Power: +50 hp
      Torque: +75 ft-lb

Price: $1495.00

This is very interesting ...

2. 06-27-2012 08:48 PM #2
      13 Passt TDI 6MT
      13 GTR

3. 06-28-2012 02:12 AM #3
      Whats the interesting part other than the price being a ripoff?
      Audi TTRS: APR Stage 3+: Race Developments Built Motor, Race Developments Flowed Cylinder Head, APR FMIC, Scorpion Titanium Exhaust, VWR Engine Mounts, VWR Intake, Race Developments Superfinished GearBox, Helix Race Clutch,42Draft Shifter Bushing,Bilstein B16 PSS10, 034 Motorsport ARB,WhiteLine Drop Links,R8 Calipers,Braided Lines,Powerflex Bushes,Mintex 1155 Pads,SRF Fluid, Fusch Titan Pro S Oil, Recaro Pole Positions, Kenwood DNX5210BT.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 GTi /2012 TTRS
      06-28-2012 03:51 AM #4
      I spoke with a rep on the phone about a week ago...

They said they would be releasing something soon....
      2007 GTi Black Magic, APR Stage 2+
      2012 TTRS Sepang Blue on Titanium Blades.....

5. 06-28-2012 06:58 AM #5
      detuned apr/revo for a higher price yaya

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT RS
      06-28-2012 07:48 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by tdi-bart View Post
      The key differences are:
      • The integrated warranty support between Audi and Stassis! <--- I need more specific info about this

• The installation can completed at your participating Audi dealership!

7. 06-28-2012 08:12 AM #7
      Audi will not warranty any drivetrain or engine failure if they know your car has been mapped by stasis or any other tuner.
      Audi TTRS: APR Stage 3+: Race Developments Built Motor, Race Developments Flowed Cylinder Head, APR FMIC, Scorpion Titanium Exhaust, VWR Engine Mounts, VWR Intake, Race Developments Superfinished GearBox, Helix Race Clutch,42Draft Shifter Bushing,Bilstein B16 PSS10, 034 Motorsport ARB,WhiteLine Drop Links,R8 Calipers,Braided Lines,Powerflex Bushes,Mintex 1155 Pads,SRF Fluid, Fusch Titan Pro S Oil, Recaro Pole Positions, Kenwood DNX5210BT.

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT RS
      06-28-2012 08:36 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Poverty View Post
      Audi will not warranty any drivetrain or engine failure if they know your car has been mapped by stasis or any other tuner.
      Apparently, this is not the case with Stassis. My current understanding is that Stassis supplement the Audi warranty so that there is no gap in warranty coverage. This is understood between Audi and Stassis so that you can continue to get your services and warranty work completed by your participating Audi dealership.

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT RS
      06-28-2012 08:40 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by tdi-bart View Post
      Revo is now owned by Stassis: STaSIS and REVO Technik Join Forces

10. 06-28-2012 09:19 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by jpkeyzer View Post
      Apparently, this is not the case with Stassis. My current understanding is that Stassis supplement the Audi warranty so that there is no gap in warranty coverage. This is understood between Audi and Stassis so that you can continue to get your services and warranty work completed by your participating Audi dealership.
      Only if Stasis foot the bill. Otherwise you are screwed.

Vehicles
      2005 Dodge SRT-4 ACR / 2011 BMW 135i (sold) / 2012 TTRS
      06-28-2012 09:25 AM #11
      ^^^^ quoted for truth! I can't trust that promise.
      http://www.cardomain.com/member/dan-s/

ALL
      US Production Totals Thread Link. 2012 US Total: 641/140 Phantom Black Pearl
      "Boost is addiction, it's a passion, an insurmountable condition of absolute necessity" ~ Dan

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991/2011 MINI S
      06-28-2012 09:48 AM #12
      You're partly right. Stasis allegedly offers their own warranty on any engine failures that would be caused by their tune and denied by Audi factory warranty. Audi USA has plainly stated several times that they DO NOT have any special relationship with Stasis, the decision of any Audi dealer to offer Stasis products is purely an individual one.
      If paying what amounts to an extra $500 for an extended warranty on your tune sounds good to you, then go for it.
      Houston, TX
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991

13. 06-28-2012 11:27 AM #13
      Has anybody had a bad warranty experience with a Stasis tuned car? I went with Dinan on my 335 and my M3 because of the warranty and also because they were installed by my selling dealer. My 335 had several problems (fuel pump, timing chain lubrication issue requiring engine tear down) and I never paid anything for the repairs. The same dealer also offers Stasis products and that was the direction I was leaning. Yes, it costs more but I definitely feel more comfortable with products that are dealer installed in case their are problems down the road.
      2012 Audi TT RS - APR Stage 1
      2014 Audi S4
      2011 BMW M3 (sold)
      2010 Nissan GTR (sold)
      2009 Porsche Cayman S (sold)

14. 06-28-2012 11:44 AM #14
      The key differences are:
      • The integrated warranty support between Audi and Stassis! <--- I need more specific info about this

• The installation can completed at your participating Audi dealership!
      Sound the same like Abt Sportsline, you can get a remap @ your Audi dealer with all the warranty in place.
      Nobody's Tomorrow is Guaranteed.

15. 06-28-2012 12:50 PM #15
      Audi clarified their position with Stasis late last year...

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...her-vendors%29

16. 06-28-2012 01:14 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by JohnLZ7W View Post

Thank you for the information. That pretty much spells it out.
      2014 Audi S4
      2011 BMW M3 (sold)
      2010 Nissan GTR (sold)

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT RS
      06-28-2012 02:20 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by JohnLZ7W View Post

Copied below for ease of reference:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: October 5, 2011

To: Dealer Principals, General Mgrs., Sales Mgrs., Service Mgrs., Parts Mgrs., CPO Mgrs., Warranty Administrators

Subject: Aftermarket Vendors and the Audi Warranty Policy

Dear Audi Dealer:

Recently, there has been some discussion surrounding Audi dealer participation with aftermarket suppliers, particularly in regards to STaSIS Engineering, a company that is currently selling its products through more than 80 Audi Dealerships in North America. Audi believes that for some customers, the availability of aftermarket accessories at the dealership can help drive enthusiasm for our products. At the same time, our S and RS lines do fulfill most customers’ desires for added performance and custom features. For customers who do wish vehicle modifications offered by STaSIS through our dealers, we believe it is imperative to have a clear understanding of our mutual responsibilities.

Audi’s policy on aftermarket products and specifically STaSIS has been in place for some time:

1. Neither Audi of America, nor its affiliated companies, recognize ANY aftermarket supplier of performance parts as a “partner,” preferred vendor, or approved tuner. More specifically, no aftermarket supplier is currently approved, endorsed or otherwise sanctioned by Audi of America, or any of its affiliated companies. Regarding STaSIS, we have and will continue to work with them to make this clear in their marketing and communications.

2. Audi does not warrant any aftermarket parts, accessories, alterations, modifications or consequential damage to the vehicle due to modifications. We understand that STaSIS provides warranty coverage on its products that is comparable to Audi’s own coverage. While it is true that we specify in our warranty system when a car has been altered with STaSIS parts, this information is provided to enable faster diagnostic capability, better customer service and transfer of coverage to STaSIS if a claim is necessary. Through proper communication, we expect that under no circumstance will a customer be delayed or denied repair in situations involving STaSIS and Audi products when repair is appropriate.

3. Dealers that actively promote the sale of and/or installation of aftermarket parts to Audi-brand vehicles that are still under the manufacturer’s new car limited warranty, or under a certified pre-owned limited warranty MUST inform their customers that the addition of aftermarket parts and accessories may void such limited warranty as to any aspect of the vehicle which may have been affected by such alterations or modifications. In the case of STaSIS products, the customer may have rights under a STaSIS warranty.

4. Consistent with this, Audi cannot take responsibility for legal liabilities related to STaSIS or other supplier products. Audi of America may refuse to defend or indemnify Dealers where the sale and/or installation of ANY aftermarket tuning parts and accessories is a factor in a “lemon law” and/or warranty claim. Audi of America may also refuse to defend or indemnify such Dealers for product liability claims and may seek indemnification from such Dealer in the event that warranty or product liability claims are brought against Audi where the presence of such aftermarket parts may have reasonably contributed to the circumstances giving rise to such claims. In the case of STaSIS products, the Dealer is referred to the STaSIS Release of Liability document that requires customer signature at the sale of any STaSIS product.

5. Of course neither Audi nor its dealers can participate in modifications of our vehicles that adversely affect compliance with safety or emissions regulations. This is reflected in Article 5 of the Audi Dealer Agreement Standard Provisions.

Finally, the history that Audi of America enjoys with STaSIS has been and continues to be positive. We realize that a segment of the Audi customer base will continue to request customization of their Audi vehicles. Please be advised that those customers and Dealers that choose to use aftermarket parts from STaSIS need to be informed and understand the clear delineation between the responsibilities of Audi of America and those of STaSIS Engineering.

Please contact your local Audi representative if you have any questions regarding these matters.

Sincerely,

Mark del Rosso
      Chief Operating Officer

Peter Donnellan
      Director After Sales

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Last edited by jpkeyzer; 06-28-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT RS
      06-28-2012 02:31 PM #18
      Point 2 in the letter above provides the following information that makes STaSIS a very attractive option:

• STaSIS provides warranty coverage on its products that is comparable to Audi’s own coverage.

• Audi does specify in their warranty system when a car has been altered with STaSIS parts. This information is provided to enable faster diagnostic capability, better customer service and transfer of coverage to STaSIS if a claim is necessary.

• Audi expects that under no circumstance will a customer be delayed or denied repair in situations involving STaSIS and Audi products when repair is appropriate.

The point is that warranty repair work is transparent to the Audi/STaSIS customer!

19. 06-28-2012 03:42 PM #19
      Yeah and having a Letter of Credit from Washington Mutual was the same as cash. The reality is that you are trading an obligation from a global corporate with a strong credit rating and decades of longevity for the bare promise of Stasis to fix your car? Does Statsis create a sinking fund or otherwise reserve for these costs? How much in warranty repairs can they really absorb before it renders them insolvent? Now sure, the Statsis warranty is better than nothing, and the fact that your dealer is sandwiched in the middle and has its reputation at stake helps too, but you are kidding yourself if you compare a Stasis (or Dinan) warranty with the one that comes from the MFR.

20. 06-28-2012 04:10 PM #20
      I can't believe people still drink the Stasis coolaid.

Go on AZ/QW Etc. and read some of the first hand accounts of what happens when you need for anything other than handing over money to them.
      13 Passt TDI 6MT
      13 GTR

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT RS
      06-28-2012 05:14 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by joneze93tsi View Post
      Go on AZ/QW Etc. ...
      AZ?

QW?

Do you have any links that you could provide?

22. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Q5, 2013 Boxster
      06-28-2012 07:48 PM #22
      AZ?

QW?

AZ = Audizine
      QW= Quattroworld
      For Sale: Milltek exhaust with Milltek down pipe from my TTS

Vehicles
      '11 A3, '12 TT-RS, '14 CC R-Line
      06-28-2012 07:52 PM #23
      AZ?

QW?

He means http://audizine.com and http://quattroworld.com Those are other Audi forums and you can do a forum wide search for Stasis or Stasis Warranty and maybe find what he's referring to.

I still don't know which tune I'm going for so lets keep this discussion going. GIAC is local to me, have had several good reviews and have a program switcher out now. That's the one I'm leaning towards.

24. 06-28-2012 07:55 PM #24
      does anyone have the actual dyno graphs so we can discuss the tune itself?

seems a little pricey but i'll wait for the graph to make a decision.

can't say i've heard of someone having an issue with stasis and then the company not covering damage from a tune. some case examples would be helpful.

25. Member
      Vehicles
      sold: 2012 TT RS Stasis, 2008 CLS63 AMG, 2008 BMW 335i Dinan S3, 2008 BMW M6, 2007 BMW 335i Dinan
      06-28-2012 09:14 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by tfeldstein View Post
      but you are kidding yourself if you compare a Stasis (or Dinan) warranty with the one that comes from the MFR.
      Have you had either Stasis or Dinan? Do you have any personal experience in getting warranty work done by Stasis or Dinan? Are you basing these claims on anything other than a personal opinion?
      I had 2 bmw 335i and had Dinan in both. During the time i had those cars I had 4 turbos and wastgates, 12 injectors, ignition coils, 2 clutches, 3 fuel pumps and at one point Dinan had my car picked up in Arizona and broiught to them in California to work on, then delivered back to my door, and I did not pay for any of the repairs or parts.(and it was not a hassle getting them to do it)
      Fromo what I have found out, Stasis is like the Audi verison of Dinan. I do not know about stasis so iu can say how good or bad they are, but I can say Dinan was worth the extra cost. And that is from my own experience as opposed to something my third cousin heard from his nephew's neighbors hairsylists sons friends brother who once saw a BMW drive by.

26. 07-02-2012 04:25 PM #26
      Stasis rep. just emailed me and said the software for the TT RS was released today. It is just as jpkeyzer stated for power and price. The odd thing is that the rep. said the ECU had to be pulled and shipped to Stasis for programming. I would have thought the Audi dealership would have the ability to flash the ECU directly.
      2014 Audi S4
      2011 BMW M3 (sold)
      2010 Nissan GTR (sold)

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT RS
      07-02-2012 04:45 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by twin__turbo View Post
      I would have thought the Audi dealership would have the ability to flash the ECU directly.
      Per Stasis, the relevant tools will eventually become available to the respective Audi/Stasis dealerships.

Shipping the ECU to Stasis is an initial temporary requirement.

However, implemented through your Audi/Stasis dealership, you should have access to a loaner vehicle.

Vehicles
      2012 Black TT-RS • GIAC Stage 2 • AWE SP Exhaust • AWE Intercooler • 034 M Sway • 034 SS Brake Lines
      07-02-2012 06:07 PM #28
      Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29. 07-02-2012 06:24 PM #29
      Per Stasis, the relevant tools will eventually become available to the respective Audi/Stasis dealerships.

Shipping the ECU to Stasis is an initial temporary requirement.

However, implemented through your Audi/Stasis dealership, you should have access to a loaner vehicle.
      I doubt audi will loan out a car F.O.C whilst waiting for a tune.

Some people still reading too much into the audi/stasis relationship. Nothing to do with Audi North America.

Vehicles
      2012 Black TT-RS • GIAC Stage 2 • AWE SP Exhaust • AWE Intercooler • 034 M Sway • 034 SS Brake Lines
      07-02-2012 07:09 PM #30

Some people still reading too much into the audi/stasis relationship. Nothing to do with Audi North America.
      Another "exactly". I don't understand where all these peeps are getting this info from.

AoA has no relationship with Stasis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT RS
      07-02-2012 11:19 PM #31
      When you are spending $1500.00 - yes you will.

This is one of the benefits of your local Audi dealership becoming a Stasis dealership and the customer service transparency offered to you as a Audi/Stasis customer.

In my short and painful tenure in life, I have come to realize (probably later than sooner given a choice), that in life you get exactly what you pay for.
      Last edited by jpkeyzer; 07-02-2012 at 11:26 PM.

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT RS
      07-02-2012 11:20 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by J662 View Post
      I don't understand where all these peeps are getting this info from.
      Scroll up and read thread entry number 17 that defines the exact relationship as defined by Audi of America.
      Last edited by jpkeyzer; 07-02-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT RS
      07-02-2012 11:32 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by J662 View Post
      Exactly.
      Hence the Stasis warranty that is mapped directly to you Audi warranty.

Is there another tuner offering a better warranty than this?

Is there another tuner offering this transparency?

Is there another tuner with a direct relationship with you local Audi dealership?

Is there another tuner offering in-house training/support to your local Audi dealership?

I, for one, do not know - however, it is imperative that these questions be answered so that we all can benefit.
      Last edited by jpkeyzer; 07-02-2012 at 11:41 PM.

34. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991/2011 MINI S
      07-03-2012 09:41 AM #34
      You are still looking at this through rose colored glasses. Item 1 in the Audi letter clearly states that Audi USA does NOT have a special relationship with Stasis or any other aftermarket tuner. The rest only acknowledges that Stasis does have a relationship with some individual dealers. Any problems you might encounter after your tune will have to be worked out with your dealer and Stasis, Audi USA will not authorize warranty work on their coin that can be attributed to damage caused by a tune. There are three Audi dealers in Houston (including mine which is one of the top three sellers in the US) and none of them choose to be associated with Stasis. Bottom line is, the extra cost of the Stasis product is to cover their asses if their tune blows up your drivetrain. If paying for that possibility is worth it to you, go for it, but please quit thinking that Audi somehow endorses them when it's clearly stated in that letter that they don't.
      Having to remove the ECU and send it to them is exactly what is required by APR, GIAC, and Revo too. Arin of APR has explained why this is so since their tune came out, no one else has created some "magic bullet" that can program the ECU externally. I'm a firm believer that any tuner doesn't do much repeat business if they get a reputation for blowing up people's engines. Chances are any tune from a well known vendor will be within safe parameters and you'll be fine. I am also a firm believer though that if ANY part of your drivetrain does fail, Audi will blame it on the tune and rightfully so. You have essentially done brain surgery on your car and pushed it past "its safe operating parameters" per Audi's lawyers. No judge, jury, or arbitrator is going to need anymore than that as proof that the tune caused the damage. It's the chance you take if/when you start modding your car.
      Last edited by mtbscoTT; 07-03-2012 at 09:45 AM.
      Houston, TX
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991

35. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Cayman R; 2012 R8 V10
      07-03-2012 11:08 AM #35
      mtbscoTT nailed it. STaSIS has its own warranty that they claim covers the same items as the factory warranty. They are not affiliated in any way with Audi.

It's just like the banks that set up a branch in a supermarket. Or a fast food place inside a gas station. They are renting space in the other store, they are not 'partners' or affiliated in any way. (although I suspect they pay something to be co-located and poach customers)

When I had my TT and TTS, the dealer suggested a local shop that carried APR products. I had great success and was very happy with the APR tune. If I still had my TT-RS, I would get the APR flash, no question. With the new R8, there is no way I'm messing with anything while it's under warranty. I'm willing to assume the risk with a TT variant, but not an R8. In other words, I'm comfortable risking a $4k or $5k engine, but not a $12k one! Your risk tolerance must be the deciding factor in how you modify your vehicle.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast