Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: STaSIS Engineering Audi TT-RS ECU Tune Now Available!

1. 07-07-2012 09:24 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
      If you switch to STaSiS, what are you going to do with your old GIAC tune? Do they let you resell it and transfer it to another person's TT-RS?
      Please correct me if I'm wrong, but in the past I believe what Stasis was selling for the TT WAS the GIAC tune - have they developed their own ECU flash specifically for the TTRS?

Just my 2 cents, but it's clear that for the last 3 years Stasis has been concentrating on establishing relationships with Audi dealerships around the US so that you buy a Stasis-modified car as a new car directly from the delaer. Their higher prices are just an insurance premium that essentially supplements the OEM warranty. I believe the concept is that you get a "tuner" car with the peace of mind of dealer/factory warranty and service.

This makes sense if you value that peace of mind with a certain financial premium AND the warrantly coverage for Stasis mods is indeed seamless. It is this second point that has engendered skepticism, but without horror stories to sustantiate this concern, it starts to drift into paranoia or just ill-will towards Stasis.

P.S.I originally planned to buy my 2009 TT as a Statis Touring model, but they didn't have a package for the 2.0 quattro and I wasn't crazy about the look of the wheels (although they were forged Champions and were/are among the lightest 19 X 9 wheels available).

I eventually went the non-warranty APR, HRE, Eibach, Forge BBK route on my own, but would consider Stasis (even with a premium) if they had a package that I liked.

2. 07-08-2012 02:36 AM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by TT412GO View Post
      Please correct me if I'm wrong, but in the past I believe what Stasis was selling for the TT WAS the GIAC tune - have they developed their own ECU flash specifically for the TTRS?
      Given their merger with Revo last year I'd guess it's a Revo tune.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...is-are-merging

3. 07-08-2012 04:17 AM #73
      APR and GIAC are the best VW/Audi tuners out there, IMO based on following their stuff over the last ~12 years. I ran a few GIAC chips back in the day on my old 1997 VW GTI VR6: one for the original naturally-aspirated engine, and one that was tuned for a supercharger kit for the car.

If I had to choose a tune for my TT-RS right now, I'd go with APR. What I like about them is they make their own in-house stage 2 / stage 3 kits across a wide variety of motors with high-end hardware that really push the limits of the engines. I feel like that should give them a great deal of experience that's valuable for perfecting even a basic stage 1 tune.

But at this point I've pretty much decided to wait for the stage 3 kit, since I know I'll be bored with the stage 1 before long...
      I was out in a APR Stage 3 development car 2 days ago and my word it is QUICK! Like really really quick, and best of all the engine bay still looks OEM, it still drives around town like OEM, and the low end torque is like OEM. So ATM nothing at all has been lost at the bottom, but you have gained massively at the top.

And best of all they still have loads of plans for the kit, and theres still another substantial power hike to come from what Ive tested!

You are looking at a car that will do 30-130mph in about 9/10 secs in a manual car, and even faster in a s-tronic.
      Audi TTRS: APR Stage 3+: Race Developments Built Motor, Race Developments Flowed Cylinder Head, APR FMIC, Scorpion Titanium Exhaust, VWR Engine Mounts, VWR Intake, Race Developments Superfinished GearBox, Helix Race Clutch,42Draft Shifter Bushing,Bilstein B16 PSS10, 034 Motorsport ARB,WhiteLine Drop Links,R8 Calipers,Braided Lines,Powerflex Bushes,Mintex 1155 Pads,SRF Fluid, Fusch Titan Pro S Oil, Recaro Pole Positions, Kenwood DNX5210BT.

4. 07-08-2012 04:32 AM #74
      I see it like this, and this is how things happen quite regularly.

You buy a stasis tune for your audi from audi.

The cars fine for the next 3 months, but then all of a sudden starts running like ****. Big missfires, car no longer pulling hard whilst on a run.

You take the car back to audi for diagnostic. Audi check it over, and cant find anything obvious. They check the basics and they all come back fine, pcv, spark plugs, coil packs etc.

To take diagnostic further, audi now have to flash the car back to stock software, as thats what their diagnostic systems were built around. No good them trying to attempt diagnostic on the tune, as they dont know what values to expect, or what they should be.

The car has been flashed back to stock, and low and behold the car now runs fine. They roadtest the car for a while and all is kosher.

They then ring you up, and they say "sir, your car is ready for collection, it was the tune that was causing it" .

You then turn up and ask why was the car running fine for 3 months previous. They explain that theres nothing they can do further as the car runs as it should on the audi specififcation, and if theres anything further to take it up with stasis direct effectively wiping their hands of the problem.

Stasis pull in the car to one of their agents, re-apply the map, and it runs like crap again. They are unable to find the root cause. After a few weeks of the car being at the dealers, stasis may rewrite a new map for the car to see how they get on. Things remain the same are stasis are now adamant its the car and not their software and that the car should go back to audi. Audi dont want to know and stasis cant rectify the issue and you are stuck in the middle!

This is whats happened to my friends in-warranty TSI, which has a revo tune, done by the supplying main dealer. They have blamed the mods and have wiped their hands off any responsibility. The tuner says its the car. Hes now selling it.
      Audi TTRS: APR Stage 3+: Race Developments Built Motor, Race Developments Flowed Cylinder Head, APR FMIC, Scorpion Titanium Exhaust, VWR Engine Mounts, VWR Intake, Race Developments Superfinished GearBox, Helix Race Clutch,42Draft Shifter Bushing,Bilstein B16 PSS10, 034 Motorsport ARB,WhiteLine Drop Links,R8 Calipers,Braided Lines,Powerflex Bushes,Mintex 1155 Pads,SRF Fluid, Fusch Titan Pro S Oil, Recaro Pole Positions, Kenwood DNX5210BT.

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT RS
      07-08-2012 08:34 AM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by Poverty View Post
      I see it like this, and this is how things happen quite regularly.

You buy a stasis tune for your audi from audi.

The cars fine for the next 3 months, but then all of a sudden starts running like ****. Big missfires, car no longer pulling hard whilst on a run.

You take the car back to audi for diagnostic. Audi check it over, and cant find anything obvious. They check the basics and they all come back fine, pcv, spark plugs, coil packs etc.

To take diagnostic further, audi now have to flash the car back to stock software, as thats what their diagnostic systems were built around. No good them trying to attempt diagnostic on the tune, as they dont know what values to expect, or what they should be.

The car has been flashed back to stock, and low and behold the car now runs fine. They roadtest the car for a while and all is kosher.

They then ring you up, and they say "sir, your car is ready for collection, it was the tune that was causing it" .

You then turn up and ask why was the car running fine for 3 months previous. They explain that theres nothing they can do further as the car runs as it should on the audi specififcation, and if theres anything further to take it up with stasis direct effectively wiping their hands of the problem.

Stasis pull in the car to one of their agents, re-apply the map, and it runs like crap again. They are unable to find the root cause. After a few weeks of the car being at the dealers, stasis may rewrite a new map for the car to see how they get on. Things remain the same are stasis are now adamant its the car and not their software and that the car should go back to audi. Audi dont want to know and stasis cant rectify the issue and you are stuck in the middle!

This is whats happened to my friends in-warranty TSI, which has a revo tune, done by the supplying main dealer. They have blamed the mods and have wiped their hands off any responsibility. The tuner says its the car. Hes now selling it.
      What you describe here is not Stasis-specific but can be used to describe what could happen with any tuner out there!

Stasis pull in the car to one of their agents ...
      The major difference is right here, there is no separate agent, this is the dealership you purchased the vehicle from - one and the same!

As an Audi/Stasis dealership (and a Stasis warranty mapped to your Audi warranty) how is it possible that the issue would not be both covered by a warranty and then resolved in a fashion that is absolutely transparent to you?

This, in a nutshell, is the huge attraction to a Stasis tune.
      Last edited by jpkeyzer; 07-08-2012 at 05:15 PM.

6. 07-08-2012 09:00 AM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by jpkeyzer View Post
      What you describe here is not Stasis-specific but can be used to describe what could happen with any tuner out there!

The major deifference is right here, there is no separate agent, this is the dealership you purchased the vehicle from - one and the same!

As an Audi/Stasis dealership (and a Stasis warranty mapped to your Audi warranty) how is it possible that the issue would not be both covered by a warranty and then resolved in a fashion that is absolutely transparent to you?

Yes it's not tuner specific at all.

Audi and stasis warranty are separate and not linked. If you google this its pretty clear that if Audi have wiped their hands off the car, stasis will ask you to take the car to one of their agents....

But what needs to be clear is that Audi techs don't have greater expertise in diagnosing modified cars. If the car works like it should with OEM software their job is done. Audi tech in Germany will tell them there's nothing further to do and wipe their hands.
      Last edited by Poverty; 07-08-2012 at 09:03 AM.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 TT-RS
      07-08-2012 02:22 PM #77

Except for the part where it's a REVO tune... yuck.
      2012 TT-RS in Suzuka Gray

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT RS
      07-08-2012 04:58 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by TT412GO View Post
      Just my 2 cents, but it's clear that for the last 3 years Stasis has been concentrating on establishing relationships with Audi dealerships around the US so that you buy a Stasis-modified car as a new car directly from the delaer. Their higher prices are just an insurance premium that essentially supplements the OEM warranty. I believe the concept is that you get a "tuner" car with the peace of mind of dealer/factory warranty and service.

This makes sense if you value that peace of mind with a certain financial premium AND the warrantly coverage for Stasis mods is indeed seamless. It is this second point that has engendered skepticism, but without horror stories to sustantiate this concern, it starts to drift into paranoia or just ill-will towards Stasis.
      This is my current understanding.

Audi and stasis warranty are separate and not linked.
      The Audi and Stasis warranties separate but mapped.

... if Audi have wiped their hands off the car, stasis will ask you to take the car to one of their agents...
      This is incorrect. With an Audi/Stasis dealer (i.e. and Audi dealership that has become Stasis dealer and certified), there would be nowhere to take the vehicle - it would already be there. The Audi dealership is the Stasis agent. In other words, either the Audi warranty or the Stasis warranty covers the issue. It is seamless and transparent to you, the Audi/Stasis customer.

But what needs to be clear is that Audi techs don't have greater expertise in diagnosing modified cars.
      This too is incorrect. To become a Stasis dealer, the Audi techs need to go through training to become Stasis certified.

Also recognize that diagnosis and troubleshooting is completely integrated with an Audi/Stasis dealer per Audi's own correspondence below (see thread entry no 17):

Audi understands that STaSIS provides warranty coverage on its products that is comparable to Audi’s own coverage. While it is true that we specify in our warranty system when a car has been altered with STaSIS parts, this information is provided to enable faster diagnostic capability, better customer service and transfer of coverage to STaSIS if a claim is necessary. Through proper communication, we expect that under no circumstance will a customer be delayed or denied repair in situations involving STaSIS and Audi products when repair is appropriate."

Except for the part where it's a REVO tune... yuck.
      Marty - what do you mean? Would you mind expanding on this?

My current understanding, per the June issue of the Audi Driver magazine, is that REVO have been implementing ECU tunes since 2002. Apparently, REVO have 430 dealers across 35 countries and have in excess of 75000 vehicles using their software! They are now owned by Stasis Engineering.
      Last edited by jpkeyzer; 07-08-2012 at 05:39 PM.

9. 07-08-2012 06:42 PM #79
      This is my current understanding.

The Audi and Stasis warranties separate but mapped.

This is incorrect. With an Audi/Stasis dealer (i.e. and Audi dealership that has become Stasis dealer and certified), there would be nowhere to take the vehicle - it would already be there. The Audi dealership is the Stasis agent. In other words, either the Audi warranty or the Stasis warranty covers the issue. It is seamless and transparent to you, the Audi/Stasis customer.

This too is incorrect. To become a Stasis dealer, the Audi techs need to go through training to become Stasis certified.

Also recognize that diagnosis and troubleshooting is completely integrated with an Audi/Stasis dealer per Audi's own correspondence below (see thread entry no 17):

Audi understands that STaSIS provides warranty coverage on its products that is comparable to Audi’s own coverage. While it is true that we specify in our warranty system when a car has been altered with STaSIS parts, this information is provided to enable faster diagnostic capability, better customer service and transfer of coverage to STaSIS if a claim is necessary. Through proper communication, we expect that under no circumstance will a customer be delayed or denied repair in situations involving STaSIS and Audi products when repair is appropriate."

My current understanding, per the June issue of the Audi Driver magazine, is that REVO have been implementing ECU tunes since 2002. Apparently, REVO have 430 dealers across 35 countries and have in excess of 75000 vehicles using their software! They are now owned by Stasis Engineering.
      You have missed my point. When the Audi techs at your dealership get stuck on something, they turn to Audi tech support in Germany. They have nothing to do with stasis and will wipe their hands.

Also the stasis training will be what a half day course? Nothing meaningful can be learnt in that duration of these complex new ecu's.

Go for it by all means but don't fall for the marketing that somehow by only Audi working on your car you will have superior diagnostic skills to hand because it's simply not true. Anyone who has dealt with VAG over the years knows this.

Personally I'd save the extra money.

P.S

I used to have a Revo tune on my car, but made the switch over. Alot of people in the UK following suit.

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT RS
      07-08-2012 08:37 PM #80
      I used to have a Revo tune on my car, but made the switch over. Alot of people in the UK following suit.
      Poverty - thanks for the input. Why did you switch from REVO to APR?

Vehicles
      91 Audi 80 2.0T
      07-08-2012 10:12 PM #81
      why do you think?

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 TT-RS
      07-08-2012 11:33 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by Issam Abed View Post
      why do you think?
      Why do you think?

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 TT-RS
      07-09-2012 12:06 AM #83
      I follow the UK forums in addition to the US forums, and I don't have a great impression of REVO tunes from reading various folks experience with them on the UK forums for the TT-RS (they're constantly trying to tweak the tunes to run correctly, and have to tweak them again when the environment changes).

One of my close friends purchased a REVO tune for his Golf, and not it stutters occasionally at full throttle. He's tried to contact REVO about it, but they've yet to contact him back. A little research on his part online, and he found others with similar issues.

Again, it's just my impression...

Vehicles
      91 Audi 80 2.0T
      07-09-2012 01:35 AM #84
      Why do you think?
      I can only imagine it was something similar to what a few have experienced. Poor customer support and customer humiliation are 2 key points I can think of.
      APR does not care what you say about them online , if you have a problem with an APR product , they will make sure you get the help you need and the product you paid for running correct on your vehicle.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      sold: 2012 TT RS Stasis, 2008 CLS63 AMG, 2008 BMW 335i Dinan S3, 2008 BMW M6, 2007 BMW 335i Dinan
      07-11-2012 09:29 AM #85
      I will let you know how it goes. My car goes in to the dealer today to have teh ECU pulled and sent to Stasis. Should have it back early next week. Willl post back after I pick up the car.
      If anyone lives near Jersey and is thinking about Stasis, they are giving 25% off at Waterfest, no install charge and flash it at Waterfest.

07-11-2012 02:22 PM #86
      I was going to go but it conflicts with a golf tourney. Have fun and good luck!
      2012 TTRS: Daytona Gray, Tech Pack, Heated Alcantara, CF Mirrors, Nexon CF Steering Wheel, DG Rear Valence
      GIAC Stage 2, AWE SwitchPath + cat-deletes, AWE FMIC, H&R RSB, MSS Sport Springs, HRE P40, AWE Boost Gauge, Tinted Tails and Reflectors, OSIR Coolant Tank CF Shield
      Winter: Borbet LV5 18x8 et35; Track: TSW Interlagos 18x9.5 et53 w/Mich PSS 275/35

07-11-2012 02:25 PM #87
      I follow the UK forums in addition to the US forums, and I don't have a great impression of REVO tunes from reading various folks experience with them on the UK forums for the TT-RS (they're constantly trying to tweak the tunes to run correctly, and have to tweak them again when the environment changes).

One of my close friends purchased a REVO tune for his Golf, and not it stutters occasionally at full throttle. He's tried to contact REVO about it, but they've yet to contact him back. A little research on his part online, and he found others with similar issues.

Again, it's just my impression...
      I've had REVO on my 2001 TT for 9 years without incident. SSI auto was always very responsive.
      2012 TTRS: Daytona Gray, Tech Pack, Heated Alcantara, CF Mirrors, Nexon CF Steering Wheel, DG Rear Valence
      GIAC Stage 2, AWE SwitchPath + cat-deletes, AWE FMIC, H&R RSB, MSS Sport Springs, HRE P40, AWE Boost Gauge, Tinted Tails and Reflectors, OSIR Coolant Tank CF Shield
      Winter: Borbet LV5 18x8 et35; Track: TSW Interlagos 18x9.5 et53 w/Mich PSS 275/35

18. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      TTS 2011 APR stg I
      07-11-2012 02:32 PM #88
      And what about if a problem happens but it´s not related to ECU modification? Audi will not cover the problem neither the STaSIS or any other tuning company.

I had a problem with my gearbox not related to ECU tuning (car was running with stock map) but now with TD1 codes that all Audi dealers can discover if the car is tuned or not they refused the warranty.

With TD1 codes I can´t see a way to keep tuning cars while still on warranty.

19. 07-11-2012 07:09 PM #89
      misfires, soft limp modes, customer service

20. Member
      Vehicles
      sold: 2012 TT RS Stasis, 2008 CLS63 AMG, 2008 BMW 335i Dinan S3, 2008 BMW M6, 2007 BMW 335i Dinan
      07-11-2012 10:07 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by jzra View Post
      And what about if a problem happens but it´s not related to ECU modification? Audi will not cover the problem neither the STaSIS or any other tuning company.

I had a problem with my gearbox not related to ECU tuning (car was running with stock map) but now with TD1 codes that all Audi dealers can discover if the car is tuned or not they refused the warranty.

With TD1 codes I can´t see a way to keep tuning cars while still on warranty.

Depending on what was wrong with the gearbox they can attribute that to a tune pretty easily. Excessive stress due to increased boost or other factors of the tune.

If it is not related to the tune then it should be under the audi warranty. Should be, I do not know for sure since this is my first audi. It worked that way with BMW so I am guessing it would be the same but it is only a guess.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991/2011 MINI S
      07-12-2012 12:12 PM #91
      Although this has been rehashed many times here, I'll throw it out one more time. When you put an aftermarket tune on your car's ECU, you have essentially done brain surgery on your car. A manufacturer can pretty much deny any drivetrain related warranty repairs simply by claiming that the buyer "altered the safe operating parameters of the drivetrain by modifying the ECU." No judge, jury, or arbitrator would require much more than that as "proof" that the tune caused the damage.
      The MAGNUSON-MOSS warranty act frequently cited was meant to make product manufacturers own up to their responsibilities to cover normal use of their items. It was never meant to cover anything that had been modified. I would hope Stasis's extra warranty is made to cover any drivetrain issues that might occur because of the power boost, not just engine components themselves. It's all kind of related you know.
      Houston, TX
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT RS
      07-13-2012 11:45 AM #92
      I am signing up and plan on providing a full review!

Anyone else going?

Hope to see you there!

STaSIS Flashes Available at Waterfest in NJ on July 21st & 22nd!
      Last edited by jpkeyzer; 07-13-2012 at 11:50 AM.

23. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 TT-RS
      07-13-2012 01:54 PM #93

Anyone else going?

Hope to see you there!

Let us know what tuner actually wrote the tune you'll be running when you find out! (GIAC? APR? Revo? Other?)

07-13-2012 08:06 PM #94

Anyone else going?

Hope to see you there!

I was supposed to be there but a golf tourney is getting in the way. We should hook up though and compare things afterwards. Have a great time and enjoy the new ponies!

25. Member
      Vehicles
      07-13-2012 11:23 PM #95
      My ECU is at Stasis right now. As far as I know it is their own tune, not GIAC.
      Should have it back Monday or Tuesday. Will post my impressions when i get it back.
      Wanted to dyno before i got it but wasnt able to.

26. Member
      Vehicles
      07-14-2012 02:01 AM #96
      I am at a loss. This is compkletely unfu*&ingbelievable. My ECU got to Stasis and apparantly wehen the GIAC flash was put in they physically damaged the ECU when they were removing it. With it having physical damage Stasis cant warranty it.
      When I picked up the car after the GIAC install the guy at the shop even said he had a hell of a time getting the ecu out. Had to pry it out and break it free from the glue that was used to hold it in. I was going to look at it but I couldnt get the damn wipers off, then i has it reflashed and take tot the dealer where they removed the ECU and sent it off.
      I am so fricking pissed. Was goping to stasis so I wold hbe able to have some warranty, buit thanks to ****ty work at a local shop I donthave that option anymore.
      Does anyone know iof it is possible to get a new ECU for one of these cars? Maybe I can get a new one and start over or ....
      I have no idea. My ECU is in California, my car is at the delaer and my mind went out the window.

27. 07-14-2012 02:52 AM #97
      Sorry to hear this.

Lead times on ECU's are apparently very long.

So stasis are flashing GIAC maps?

Should have gone APR dude! They have all the proper tools for this.

28. 07-14-2012 02:54 AM #98
      P.s

So much for that stasis warranty, not worth the paper it's written on its seems by this.

29. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 TT-RS
      07-14-2012 03:15 AM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by Quisp View Post
      I am at a loss. This is compkletely unfu*&ingbelievable. My ECU got to Stasis and apparantly wehen the GIAC flash was put in they physically damaged the ECU when they were removing it. With it having physical damage Stasis cant warranty it.
      When I picked up the car after the GIAC install the guy at the shop even said he had a hell of a time getting the ecu out. Had to pry it out and break it free from the glue that was used to hold it in. I was going to look at it but I couldnt get the damn wipers off, then i has it reflashed and take tot the dealer where they removed the ECU and sent it off.
      I am so fricking pissed. Was goping to stasis so I wold hbe able to have some warranty, buit thanks to ****ty work at a local shop I donthave that option anymore.
      Does anyone know iof it is possible to get a new ECU for one of these cars? Maybe I can get a new one and start over or ....
      I have no idea. My ECU is in California, my car is at the delaer and my mind went out the window.
      Wait: just because the ECU housing is damaged, they won't honors the ENTIRE STaSiS warranty related to the tune?? I could see them not honoring an ECU failure, but not say a mechanical failure!

That sucks big time...

If I were you, I'd push for the GIAC installer to remedy this, since they damaged your car during work.

30. 07-14-2012 03:26 AM #100
      Wait: just because the ECU housing is damaged, they won't honors the ENTIRE STaSiS warranty related to the tune?? I could see them not honoring an ECU failure, but not say a mechanical failure!

That sucks big time...

If I were you, I'd push for the GIAC installer to remedy this, since they damaged your car during work.
      Shouldnt this be stasis job?

Hes dealing with stasis, and sub contracted the work out to GIAC. The customer should deal with stasis who then deals with GIAC themselves

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT RS
      07-14-2012 05:50 AM #101
      Quisp - so sorry to hear about this!

Absolutely agreed!

Shouldnt this be stasis job?

Hes dealing with stasis, and sub contracted the work out to GIAC. The customer should deal with stasis who then deals with GIAC themselves
      This is a migration from a GIAC tune to a Stasis tune.
      Last edited by jpkeyzer; 07-14-2012 at 05:54 AM.

32. Member
      Vehicles
      07-14-2012 09:33 AM #102
      Stasis did not do anything wrong! wow, everyone wants to jump on Stasis but they have not done anything bad.
      They received a damaged ECU, they did not do the damage nor was it someone they sub out to. They are being nice about the whole thing.
      This was done by the tuning shop that did the GIAC flash. I did not know it was this bad until the unit got to Stasis for them to flash. They did not do anything wrong. They havent put the flash on the ecu or anythinng else, they just had it shipped to them from my dealership.

Let me review.
      Took my car to a local tuner who handles a tune, we will call it tune A .
      They removed the ECU to do the initial tune A flash.
      They said that had to pry it out of the car becauseit was glued and it was rough.
      Durig that removal they damaged the ECU but I did not know to what extent becasue i could not get the wipers off to look.
      2 days later a different company came out with their tune, call it tune B and I decided to go with them. They agreed to reflash the ecu when they got it not knowing that it had been damaged.
      Went to tuining shop to have tune A removed.
      Took the car to Audi dealer to have ecu removed and sent to tune B for thier flash
      Tune B received ECU and it was physically damaged and although it may be able to be flashed they are not comfortable warrantying it because of the damage and I can not blame them. The ECU has screwdriver pry marks, gouges and gaps in the casing.
      Tune B was not installed because of the damage done to the ECU by the shop installing tune A

Hopefuly that did not make it more confusing but the companies did not do the damage. It was a shop that sells the tune for Tune A.

Let me repeat for all you that seem to have a bug up your ass about stasis.
      They did nothing wrong!!! They just got the ECU and saw the shape it was in. They have not touched the car.

The damage was done by the local shop doing the other tune.

The Stasis warranty and them standing behind it has abosolutely nothing to do with this. I am not sure how that even came up with this situation. They cant warranty anything they have not worked on yet.
      Stasis is not flashing GIAC maps. this is two seperate events and I was switching from GIAC to Stasis.
      Stasis did not sub this out to anyone. I had a GIAC tune, then decided to get Stasis instead. they are unrelated.
      Am i not amaking any sense or what is up. Why is this getting lost in traanslation somewhere?
      Was chaning from one tune to another. Nothing to do with each other.
      I agree that I will probably have to take this up with the local shop that did the work for GIAC since GIAC was not the ones who damaged the ECU but it was the shop they have their arrangement with.
      Will see how this preogresses but let me say one more time
      STASIS DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG!
      GIAC did not do the damage either, it was a shop that handles the GIAC product that damaged the ECU

Maybe I posted the problem to the wrong thread and I apologize for the confusion. I put it here because I said I would report back when I got the Stasis tune but that is now on hold until I can figure out how to best handle this.

If you have any questions ask them but dont jump to conclusions. If i am not making sense tell me and I will correct it but no matter what can we stick to facts and not jump to conclusions and condemn either company.
      Last edited by Quisp; 07-14-2012 at 09:45 AM.

33. 07-14-2012 09:43 AM #103
      why would you bother changing from giac to stasis and paying twice, i doubt there is much difference if any at all

34. 07-14-2012 09:46 AM #104
      Stasis did not do anything wrong! wow, everyone wants to jump on Stasis but they have not done anything bad.
      They received a damaged ECU, they did not do the damage nor was it someone they sub out to. They are being nice about the whole thing.
      This was done by the tuning shop that did the GIAC flash. I did not know it was this bad until the unit got to Stasis for them to flash. They did not do anything wrong. They havent put the flash on the ecu or anythinng else, they just had it shipped to them from my dealership.

Let me review.
      Took my car to a local tuner who handles a tune, we will call it tune A .
      They removed the ECU to do the initial tune A flash.
      They said that had to pry it out of the car becauseit was glued and it was rough.
      Durig that removal they damaged the ECU but I did not know to what extent becasue i could not get the wipers off to look.
      2 days later a different company came out with their tune, call it tune B and I decided to go with them. They agreed to reflash the ecu when they got it not knowing that it had been damaged.
      Went to tuining shop to have tune A removed.
      Took the car to Audi dealer to have ecu removed and sent to tune B for thier flash
      Tune B received ECU and it was physically damaged and although it may be able to be flashed they are not comfortable warrantying it because of the damage and I can not blame them. The ECU has screwdriver pry marks, gouges and gaps in the casing.
      Tune B was not installed because of the damage done to the ECU by the shop installing tune A

Hopefuly that did not make it more confusing but the companies did not do the damage. It was a shop that sells the tune for Tune A.

Let me repeat for all you that seem to have a bug up your ass about stasis.
      They did nothing wrong!!! They just got the ECU and saw the shape it was in. They have not touched the car.

The damage was done by the local shop doing the other tune.

The Stasis warranty and them standing behind it has abosolutely nothing to do with this. I am not sure how that even came up with this situation. They cant warranty anything they have not worked on yet.
      Stasis is not flashing GIAC maps. this is two seperate events and I was switching from GIAC to Stasis.
      Stasis did not sub this out to anyone. I had a GIAC tune, then decided to get Stasis instead. they are unrelated.
      Am i not amaking any sense or what is up. Why is this getting lost in traanslation somewhere?
      Was chaning from one tune to another. Nothing to do with each other.
      I agree that I will probably have to take this up with the local shop that did the work for GIAC since GIAC was not the ones who damaged the ECU but it was the shop they have their arrangement with.
      Will see how this preogresses but let me say one more time
      STASIS DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG!
      GIAC did not do the damage either, it was a shop that handles the GIAC product that damaged the ECU

Maybe I posted the problem to the wrong thread and I apologize for the confusion. I put it here because I said I would report back when I got the Stasis tune but that is now on hold until I can figure out how to best handle this.

If you have any questions ask them but dont jump to conclusions. If i am not making sense tell me and I will correct it but no matter what can we stick to facts and not jump to conclusions and condemn either company.

Your post about your troubles wasn't very clear hence the confusion

35. Member
      Vehicles
      07-14-2012 09:49 AM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by tdi-bart View Post
      why would you bother changing from giac to stasis and paying twice, i doubt there is much difference if any at all
      GIAC $1150
      Stasis $1495 (25% off at Waterfest = $1120.50 means it is less than GIAC) and warranty

Difference is $345, not twice as much

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast