Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: STaSIS Engineering Audi TT-RS ECU Tune Now Available!

1. Member
      Vehicles
      sold: 2012 TT RS Stasis, 2008 CLS63 AMG, 2008 BMW 335i Dinan S3, 2008 BMW M6, 2007 BMW 335i Dinan
      07-14-2012 09:50 AM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by Poverty View Post
      Your post about your troubles wasn't very clear hence the confusion

My apologies, I was somewhat pissed and hammering the keys. I hope that it is a bit more clear with the follow up.

2. 07-14-2012 10:11 AM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by Quisp View Post
      Stasis $1495 (25% off at Waterfest = $1120.50 means it is less than GIAC) and warranty
      And just to reiterate this is a Stasis warranty; that is a factory-matching warranty.

No one else is offering this.

3. 07-14-2012 02:21 PM #108
      GIAC $1150
      Stasis $1495 (25% off at Waterfest = $1120.50 means it is less than GIAC) and warranty

Difference is $345, not twice as much
      i understood you already had the giac flash, and then again paid for stasis, thats what i meant by twice for 2 flashes but only having one in the end...

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 TT-RS
      07-14-2012 03:40 PM #109
      Tune B received ECU and it was physically damaged and although it may be able to be flashed they are not comfortable warrantying it because of the damage and I can not blame them. The ECU has screwdriver pry marks, gouges and gaps in the casing.
      I don't blame them for refusing to flash an ECU that appears damaged.

What I would blame them for was if they sold you a tune and successfully flashed your ECU, but then denied you mechanical engine warranty coverage since the outer metal case of the ECU was damaged. This is what I misinterpreted your comments to mean.

Are you able to transfer the license for your GIAC tune and re-sell it, or is it a 100% loss?
      2012 TT-RS in Suzuka Gray

5. Member
      Vehicles
      sold: 2012 TT RS Stasis, 2008 CLS63 AMG, 2008 BMW 335i Dinan S3, 2008 BMW M6, 2007 BMW 335i Dinan
      07-15-2012 01:37 PM #110
      No, GIAC has a 30 day money back guarantee(minus the install cost) So I was able to get my money back without a hassle.
      I misunderstood what you meant by twice as much, my bad.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      08-03-2012 09:10 AM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by Poverty View Post
      I doubt audi will loan out a car F.O.C whilst waiting for a tune.

Some people still reading too much into the audi/stasis relationship. Nothing to do with Audi North America.

Dealership gave me a loaner for two weeks while getting the stasis tune done and were great about it.

7. 08-07-2012 01:20 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by JohnLZ7W View Post
      Audi clarified their position with Stasis late last year...

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...her-vendors%29
      STASIS RELATIONSHIP WITH AUDI OF AMERICA
      In a letter to its dealers, Audi clarified the guidelines for engagement with STaSIS. The guidelines start and end with one very important principle: to take care of the customer. STaSIS works with Audi to provide a seamless, positive customer experience.

While Audi has never recognized any aftermarket supplier as an “official partner,” STaSIS is the only supplier that delivers its products through more than 80 Audi dealerships across North America with a factory-matching warranty.

STaSIS works with Audi to ensure that vehicles modified with our products are clearly flagged in the Audi warranty system to enable faster diagnostics and better customer service.

STaSIS customers can have their vehicles serviced and repaired under warranty at any Audi dealership across North America—no hassles and no delays. This is unique to STaSIS.

“Through proper communication, we expect that under no circumstance will a customer be delayed or denied repair
      in situations involving STaSIS and Audi products when repair is appropriate.”
      – Mark del Rosso, Chief Operating Officer and Peter Donnellan, Director After Sales, Audi of America, October 5, 2011

This program is stronger than ever and has remained unchanged for over six years.

“Audi’s policy on aftermarket products and specifically STaSIS has been in place for some time.”
      “The history that Audi of America enjoys with STaSIS has been and continues to be positive.”
      – Mark del Rosso, Chief Operating Officer, Peter Donnellan, Director After Sales, Audi of America, October 5, 2011

View complete letter from Audi of America

8. 08-07-2012 01:21 PM #113
      Dealership gave me a loaner for two weeks while getting the stasis tune done and were great about it.
      We are glad to hear it was smooth for you, we'll be waiting to hear your feedback on the upgrade. Thank you for your support!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234