06-29-2012 01:51 PM #1
      So I am doing the suspension on my TT225Q

- KW Variant 3 Coilovers
      - Gruven Parts Upper/Lower Adjustable Control Arms
      - HD Raxxles
      - New Hubs/Bearings/Tie Rod Ends
      - Blue Sport Haldex
      - Peloquin LSD

My question is should I worry about doing Front/Rear Swaybars? I was thinking of going with 25mm up front and 21mm in the rear. I haven't really seen a lot of guys running them on the Quattro TT.

Please offer your oppinions.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      '02 TTQ (RIP); '06 3.2Q A3
      06-29-2012 02:14 PM #2
      The best (in a performance sense of the word) way to limit the roll is with spring rates, but if you're running KW V3 I would definitely get a rear bar in. When stock, our cars heavily understeer (like pretty much every other stock car), but they can be made to have pretty good handling with some money and effort. Since you're doing all those kick-ass parts, I strongly recommend that you get some Defcons (preferably the Ultimate kit), and go with the MadMax control arms. The Defcons make a significant difference in handling - especially for the minimal cost!

Top all of that off with awesome tires and good, performance-oriented alignment, and you will be amazed at how your car handles
      Jeremy Brehm: Regina Wedding Photographer

'02 Audi TT 225 Build Thread - 2.0L - PTE6262 Daily @ 30PSI - 10.0:1CR - AEB @ 9000RPM - Maestro - RIP
      '06 3.2Q A3

Vehicles
      2014 JSW TDI/2002 Audi TT 225Q
      06-29-2012 02:58 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by jbrehm View Post
      The best (in a performance sense of the word) way to limit the roll is with spring rates, but if you're running KW V3 I would definitely get a rear bar in. When stock, our cars heavily understeer (like pretty much every other stock car), but they can be made to have pretty good handling with some money and effort. Since you're doing all those kick-ass parts, I strongly recommend that you get some Defcons (preferably the Ultimate kit), and go with the MadMax control arms. The Defcons make a significant difference in handling - especially for the minimal cost!

Top all of that off with awesome tires and good, performance-oriented alignment, and you will be amazed at how your car handles
      Actually I ordered the press-in bushings as well from MCPi... I am going with the GruvenParts Control Arms though. I like that design a little better.

Vehicles
      Mk1 Audi TT, Mk1 VW Cabriolet, Gaurd Red 996
      06-29-2012 04:33 PM #4
      I have a setup similar to what you will be putting on.

KW V3's
      H&R Front and Rear Sways
      Rear control arms, all the suspension bushings
      Blue box etc etc etc.

It is a VERY solid car, however riding in a car with H&R RSS's there is a little more stiffness to be desired. Even with the rear sway on all the way stiff I want more and will be ditching the progressive and putting some stiffer rear springs in.

Vehicles
      2014 JSW TDI/2002 Audi TT 225Q
      06-29-2012 04:48 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Malant View Post
      I have a setup similar to what you will be putting on.

KW V3's
      H&R Front and Rear Sways
      Rear control arms, all the suspension bushings
      Blue box etc etc etc.

It is a VERY solid car, however riding in a car with H&R RSS's there is a little more stiffness to be desired. Even with the rear sway on all the way stiff I want more and will be ditching the progressive and putting some stiffer rear springs in.
      The V3's can't be adjusted to the stiffest setting on the rear? What springs are you planning on running?