Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: more issues

1. 06-29-2012 08:09 PM #1
      Well i've got an aba swap in my corrado, on the way home from work today i noticed a bit of sputtering upon acceleration. By the time i got near home it had gotten so bad that the car would barely move. Took it to my buddy's shop and pulled two of the plugs, it appears to be leaning out. I did notice that when i let it sit for a while and cool down it would run fine for a few minutes, then it started acting up again. Wondering what this could be, fuel pressure regulator? Pump? Injectors? I'm kinda stumped at the moment. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

2. 06-29-2012 10:36 PM #2
      Bump..

3. 06-30-2012 03:54 AM #3
      Up

4. 06-30-2012 12:33 PM #4
      Any ideas?

5. 06-30-2012 12:38 PM #5
      check wires sounds to me like an ignition problem. I had the same problem and changed the wires. problem went away.

6. 07-02-2012 06:26 PM #6
      Still no idea... i found a fuel leak at the line connecting to the fuel filter. Took care of it. Seemed to run fine until today, started sputtering slightly again. Seems to be only when the car warms up. I'm stumped

Vehicles
      1990 Corrado 2L 16V, 2004 Audi TT 3.2 Quattro S-Line
      07-02-2012 11:16 PM #7
      Don't suppose you own a Bentley? It would do you a lot of good to read up there and follow the troubleshooting method it has rather than chase your tail listening to every person who comes on here saying their car did the same thing and they replaced this or that.

If the car is fine when cold and runs bad when warm it points more towards sensors like O2 or blue coolant or their wiring. At cold start up the ECU runs the car without using these sensors. Once the engine reaches a certain temperature the O2 and CTS help the ECU to run the engine properly. But I would read the Bentley and follow the procedures there for troubleshooting.

8. 07-02-2012 11:49 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by dogger View Post
      Don't suppose you own a Bentley? It would do you a lot of good to read up there and follow the troubleshooting method it has rather than chase your tail listening to every person who comes on here saying their car did the same thing and they replaced this or that.

If the car is fine when cold and runs bad when warm it points more towards sensors like O2 or blue coolant or their wiring. At cold start up the ECU runs the car without using these sensors. Once the engine reaches a certain temperature the O2 and CTS help the ECU to run the engine properly. But I would read the Bentley and follow the procedures there for troubleshooting.
      Truth, good point. And i do own a bentley officially ha. Just got it thanks bud

Vehicles
      1990 Corrado 2L 16V, 2004 Audi TT 3.2 Quattro S-Line
      07-03-2012 02:43 AM #9
      Owning a Corrado its really worthwhile to study the Bentley. It will help save some of the headaches of owning a Corrado. Not all....