Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Speed Daddy Exhaust

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8t Wolfsburg Ediition
      06-29-2012 07:30 PM #1
      I just bought a full turboback 3 inch speed daddy exhaust. wondering if anyone knows anything about it. sounds nice on subarus. i don't want a ricey sound so if its bad i might get a magnaflow muffler. but im just curious cuz it was only 200 dollars.

2. 06-30-2012 11:21 AM #2
      Pics of said exhaust? Im guessing its a renamed tsudo exhaust. In which case they are great, and have a nice sound. Just don't use ANY of the supplied hardware. Best option is to have a GOOD exhaust shop install it.
      Quote Originally Posted by gdoggmoney View Post
      There's been too much butt sniffing before this dog fight.
      PagPartsTurbo www.speeding-g60.com INTEGRATEDengineering

3. Member
      Vehicles
      07-01-2012 02:32 AM #3

4. Member
      Vehicles
      07-01-2012 02:33 AM #4
      also what do you mean by tsudo? and dont use their hardware?

Vehicles
      2002 golf gti
      07-01-2012 05:09 AM #5
      Tsudo is a budget/ebay exhaust brand which many 1.8t owners have used.
      As seen here: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tsudo-99-00-0...item3a74b6243c

That exhaust seems very similar if not identical.

By not using the hardware, he means the clamps and what nots. Get an exhaust shop to weld it all up insted of using the slip fittings.
      50 trim'd up!
      http://ctsturbo.com-/thread

Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      07-01-2012 12:47 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by 20VCanuck View Post
      Tsudo is a budget/ebay exhaust brand which many 1.8t owners have used.
      As seen here: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tsudo-99-00-0...item3a74b6243c

That exhaust seems very similar if not identical.

By not using the hardware, he means the clamps and what nots. Get an exhaust shop to weld it all up insted of using the slip fittings.
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

Vehicles
      07-01-2012 12:48 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by *+NEIL*+DIAMOND*+ View Post
      Pics of said exhaust? Im guessing its a renamed tsudo exhaust. In which case they are great, and have a nice sound. Just don't use ANY of the supplied hardware. Best option is to have a GOOD exhaust shop install it.
      this as well
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

8. 07-01-2012 03:08 PM #8
      Here is my eBay exhaust i got at the end of last summer...

I think I found why it's not sold in Canada.... Rofl.

Edit: zip ties are key
      Canadian Immo 2 and 3 defeat service, PM for more information.

9. 07-01-2012 03:43 PM #9
      ^^^^^that is NOT the tsudo, bpe, etc. That we are talking about. Your muffler is shaped different, and the tsudo systems don't rust.

Just sayin

Vehicles
      07-01-2012 05:20 PM #10
      ^^^^^that is NOT the tsudo, bpe, etc. That we are talking about. Your muffler is shaped different, and the tsudo systems don't rust.

Just sayin
      yup, it is shaped different. also thats not stainless, rust FTW!

11. Member
      Vehicles
      Fiddy Trim 337
      07-01-2012 06:02 PM #11
      Also looks like some rust on the body to the left of that hanger, where the hell do you live? Is it a constant barrage of salt roads?

12. 07-01-2012 06:04 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post
      yup, it is shaped different. also thats not stainless, rust FTW!
      Damn straight...

The tsudo systems ARE stainless.

"EBay" is not a brand. There are many different manufacturers products on there; some better than others. That said; I bought my tsudo system from www.speed-element.com

As I said; the hardware is garbage, and the fitment was a pain, but the quality of the bends, welds, material was very good for the price.

13. 07-01-2012 07:15 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by 02337 View Post
      Also looks like some rust on the body to the left of that hanger, where the hell do you live? Is it a constant barrage of salt roads?
      Oh, Hello, You must be new to rust!

Honestly, that's nothing.

If the exhaust is still there next year I'll take it off, wire wheel the hell out of it and paint it.

14. 07-01-2012 07:19 PM #14

15. 07-01-2012 07:35 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by TheAnswer#3 View Post
      I just bought a full turboback 3 inch speed daddy exhaust. wondering if anyone knows anything about it. sounds nice on subarus. i don't want a ricey sound so if its bad i might get a magnaflow muffler. but im just curious cuz it was only 200 dollars.
      hey I'm really not tryin' to knock you, but why would you blow $200 and afterward ask questions about quality wish I made your kind of money

but now that you purchased it ...I know a couple guys with the tsudo and it sounds a bit too ricey for my tastes. I'd also invest in new hardware if you choose not to weld. I used band clamps from jegs on my TB and they sealed perfectly.

good luck man I hope you end up happy with it
      Wolfsburg AWW REVO 93 Octane, AEM DryFlow SRI, 710N, Stainless 2.5" Turbo-Back Catless Exhaust, ECS 90A Dogbone Bushings, Eibach Pro-System
      Quote Originally Posted by SilverSLC
      You were all new once. Someone asking questions or posting a car that you don't like is NOT a license to attack that person or start name calling and generally acting like a jerk.

16. 07-01-2012 07:50 PM #16
      Tsudo is actually a really quiet exhaust for being 3" CAT-less. Even better, it sounds great; nothing rice about it. Now, if you have leaks because you decided not to get it welded, it's going to sound like sh*t and be much louder than it should.

I've never heard about the brand in question though.

17. 07-01-2012 08:11 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by iJETTA View Post
      I know a couple guys with the tsudo and it sounds a bit too ricey for my tastes.
      False.. its damn quiet for a 3" turbo back. Nothing rice about it. Less tinny, and raspy than any ghl, eurojet, or 42dd. Deep mellow tone.

If it sounded rice; your boys had leaks.

Vehicles
      07-01-2012 08:51 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by STOICH View Post
      Tsudo is actually a really quiet exhaust for being 3" CAT-less. Even better, it sounds great; nothing rice about it. Now, if you have leaks because you decided not to get it welded, it's going to sound like sh*t and be much louder than it should.

I've never heard about the brand in question though.
      False.. its damn quiet for a 3" turbo back. Nothing rice about it. Less tinny, and raspy than any ghl, eurojet, or 42dd. Deep mellow tone.

19. 07-01-2012 10:06 PM #19
      Ya know what ...I cant really argue lol. One jetta just purchased when he threw it on and the other owner previously owned a civic he took the a/c and power stearing off of cus he thought it was a racekar :/
      Wolfsburg AWW REVO 93 Octane, AEM DryFlow SRI, 710N, Stainless 2.5" Turbo-Back Catless Exhaust, ECS 90A Dogbone Bushings, Eibach Pro-System
      Quote Originally Posted by SilverSLC
      You were all new once. Someone asking questions or posting a car that you don't like is NOT a license to attack that person or start name calling and generally acting like a jerk.

20. 07-01-2012 11:34 PM #20

Quoted for truth... A few locals have home made 3" exhausts and these are roughly half if not less..

Highly recommended!!

21. Member
      Vehicles
      Fiddy Trim 337
      07-02-2012 12:29 AM #21
      I have a custom 3" stainless exhaust with a advance auto special thrush muffler. I think in piping from jegs, muffler, flanges, and odds and ends I spent about $500. Granted this was on a custom down pipe and waste gate dump but it included no labor as I had a great friend do it.
      I will be forcing my girlfriends hand to buy one of these for her stock 1.8 just gotta get a cat on it.

22. Member
      Vehicles
      07-03-2012 01:08 AM #22
      i bought a three inch magnaflow muffler also

23. Member
      Vehicles
      07-03-2012 01:12 AM #23
      thanx tho. really helpful