Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: leaks tranny fluid

1. 06-30-2012 08:10 AM #1
      I bought my daughter a passat wagon last year. she has driven it everyday and until recently has given her no problems about two months ago the transmission went out transmission code EKC when the transmission guy we took it to checked it out he put fluid in it and figured out that the transmission had no fluid and was totally destroyed but this is important i think while the car was running the transmission fluid was leaking from where the motor connected to the transmission at an alarming rate. I purchased a transmission from a local junkyard which had 54k miles on it. the transmission guy installed it we cranked the car and drove it about ten miles brought it back and put it on the lift it was running on the lift for about 15 mins and this transmission began to leak from the same spot. upon further inspection of the old transmission i noticed that the torque converter had the the metal collar that seals the pump seized on the shaft. the car drives and runs great with the new transmission but leaks excessively in the same location that the last one did can somebody help me with suggestions on what is wrong i myself did not do any of the work on this job because i am not familiar with volkswagen but i am somewhat mechanically inclined i do know that it seems something is misaligned because the collar seizing to the shaft of the torque converter. The engine runs smooth no vibration im just puzzled

2. Member
      Vehicles
      '07 Passat 3.6 4mo wagon; '05 GLS 4mo wagon
      07-05-2012 10:56 PM #2
      Try posting in the Passat B6 forum. Lots of knowledgeable guys over there.