I ride my bike daily - so the first thing it needed on a practical level was a roof rack - then I realized it needed it on an aesthetic level too! The Wagon (and all Foxes IMO) are not complete without a roof rack!
Thule Roof Rack:
I found a used Techtonics Tuning Stainless Cat-Back Exhaust with Manifold and Downpipe being sold just outside of Phildelphia a few days before we had plans to visit family and friends down there. $80 later and I brought it home and purchased all the gaskets, bolts, studs, O2 sensor, etc I needed for this upgrade. I also bought a new Catalytic Converter from Techtonic Tuning (environmental reasons more than anything) - as well as all their clamp kit with all the hanger hooks welded to them.
First I sanded and ceramic paint coated the entire Exhaust System:
I used VHT:
I would have done a few things different if I had a 2nd go at it - but I learned a lot!
Around this time I started looking into replacing all the hoses and flushing out the coolant system to replace with G12. A few of the hoses were dry rotted and I wanted to have a timestamp on when this car got a makeover.
Coolant System (10/29/2011):
G12 - Pentosin Pentofrost ++ (G12++)
All new hoses
Temperature Sender Switch; For Gauge - Bosch OEM
Coolant Temperature Sensor - Bosch OEM
Thermostat; 80 Degree C and seal - Wahler OEM
The cars 80s aftermarket stereo no longer worked - so I got a decent system for $160 shipped.
4x 4" Kenwood KFC-1062S - 3-way 120 watt
Sony CDXGT550UI Head Unit
My dad and I spent an afternoon installing the system along with a few other things. This is one set of pictures I am pissed that I lost in the Genius Bar mishap...I took time to Peel n Seal all the sheet metal behind the rear panels and under the rear seat. I also covered the rear Wagon area under the carpet. It made a noticable difference already. I plan to do the inside of the doors and rear walls as well.
I picked up a Tach Cluster and ordered form LEDs from SuperBrightLEDs.com - I practiced breaking the plastic bonding on an extra cluster - and once I figured it out - I pulled the green diffuse out of the Tach Cluster. I replaced it with a lightly scratched up clear piece of plastic.
Tach Cluster & Stereo Installed:
Small Interior Upgrades:
door lock knobs - used
hatch struts - new OEM
Rear View Mirror - Junkyard (newer looking)
Spare Wheel Cover - Junkyard (cleaner and all the seams are intact)
Dino Steering Wheel - needs some love, but its night a day difference in handling and comfort from stock:
I loved the smoked lights look - and was determined to get rid of all the amber lights (and eventually red side markers too). So, I placed an order with Zarrir at BrazilShopping.com for
I also picked up smoked blinker covers from Memo Imports:
Started making the front end look really nice...