Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Tuning with MTM and ABT

1. 07-02-2012 04:52 PM #1
      Hello fellow A4 owners. I have a 2010 A4 2.0T (US) with a 6 speed manual gearbox and Quattro. I love the engine, but I can't help but feel that there's more power to be gotten out of the 2L. Has anyone had any experience with tuning the car, particularly through MTM or ABT? Or any other tuners for that matter? Are there reliability issues? Is there warranty? ETC... In short, I was wondering if anyone had either positive or negative (or both) experiences with this kind of project. Thanks, and keep driving.

2. 07-02-2012 05:43 PM #2
      You might consider posting on audizine, it's a much more active board.

In short, MTM/ABT/Revo/GIAC/APR/Stasis all have their own stats, but they're close.

There are warranty issues involved. Audi recently released a statement to dealers about it, but some dealers remain pretty open to it. I've not read of many chipped owners having extra problems, as the engine is definitely solid enough to handle more power.

Stasis charges more than the others, but will take care of issues that come up that aren't covered by Audi's warranty.

Vehicles
      D40 Frontier CC 4X4, 3BG Passat .:RS Variant
      07-16-2012 03:24 PM #3
      I wanted to go with MTM but they were a bit costly, have no function to switch to stock mode when going to dealers (does not matter anymore), and required shipping. Right when I picked the car up from dealers, APR had a sale, so went that route.

Honestly they will all be roughly the same. Stasis does not make theirs, just a detuned APR for more money and supposedly a warranty. Just get it tuned locally somewhere. You won't be disappointed.

4. 07-16-2012 10:42 PM #4
      If you're in Canada, I'd agree.

But with AoA, if you get a tune, no matter the company, your powertrain warranty is voided. Done, gone. (google "TD1 audi")

Stasis will at least take the bill for the work done after it.

Vehicles
      07-17-2012 01:23 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by PDong View Post
      If you're in Canada, I'd agree.

But with AoA, if you get a tune, no matter the company, your powertrain warranty is voided. Done, gone. (google "TD1 audi")

Stasis will at least take the bill for the work done after it.
      I heard Stasis is on the verge of bankruptcy? The TD1 does not help them one bit.

There is a case on Audizine where a Canadian was denied warranty b/c of a tune, and even had the issue before that though no way of proving it I guess.

6. 07-17-2012 10:15 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by 1Point8TDan View Post
      I heard Stasis is on the verge of bankruptcy? The TD1 does not help them one bit.

There is a case on Audizine where a Canadian was denied warranty b/c of a tune, and even had the issue before that though no way of proving it I guess.
      Where did you hear about Stasis and bankruptcy?

I've got no connection to them or their business model, but it seems rather unlikely. There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of overhead costs for them, aside from a building or two.

Weirdly, Stasis is setting up with REVO at Waterfest, not APR.

Vehicles
      07-29-2012 12:02 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by PDong View Post
      Where did you hear about Stasis and bankruptcy?

http://balancedtruth.com/