Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: E30 BMW (1987 325es, 5spd) $1950

07-02-2012 10:42 PM #1
      1987 BMW 325es. 5 spd manual transmission. M-tech sport package. 150K miles (odometer read 145k because it was broken for about 6 months but I just replaced the odometer gears with upgraded ones from odometergears.com). M20 inline 6 cylinder engine with fuel injection.

We bought this car last July from the second owner (first owner had it for about 20 years). Title is clear and passed smog last July. It is our extra car and I just don't have the space or passion for it anymore. It is almost all original (except for the upgraded CD/MP3 player and speakers. I also added an oil catch. I also had custom bumper spoiler brackets made to support the bumper on. They can't be seen (sit behind the bumper) but if you know e30's these brackets are impossible to find. The ones I made are metal. Has the original diving board bumpers (un-tucked). Body is in excellent shape and as far as I can tell hasn't been an accident or been re-painted. Second owner had all receipts for parts and labor and I have most receipts for parts.

The interior is in great condition and the sport seats are in great condition. The driver side bolster does have some wear and tear but otherwise they are in great shape. The dashboard is cracked (very common) but all the interior lights and the OBD computer is fully functional. The sunroof works great and doesn't leak.

Recent maintenance (within last 1000 miles):
      Brand new all season tires mounted on mint OEM bottlecap rins. Also come with studded snow tires mounted on bottlecaps
      PBR metal master brake pads
      Turner motorsport plain rotors
      ATE super blue brake fluid
      Royal Purple transmission fluid
      Synthetic oil and filter
      Driveshaft center support bearing

Maintenance (within last year):
      Air filter
      Spark plugs
      Fuel filter
      Windshield wipers
      Thermostat

This is an awesome car and runs strong. It will do 70mph on the highway all day long and goes straight as an arrow. However as it is a 25 year old car it does have some issues.

NO AC. Could be the compressor or could be a simple relay/switch. It never bothered me that much so I never invested too much to try and fix it.
      Leaks fluids. A couple drops a night. Leaks oil (from pan gasket and valve cover gaskets), power steering fluid, and transmission fluid. It only burns about 0.5 liter/ 1000 miles. I usually have to top the power steering and oil about once every few weeks.
      Cracked windshield.
      Cracked dash (common)
      Transmission is a little noisy and could use a rebuild soon but it drives fine so who knows?
      Driver side brake caliper has a stripped bleed valve.
      Slave cylinder bleed valve is clogged.
      Water leak in trunk, not a lot but sometimes it gets a little damp.
      The body is in awesome condition but has a couple of small dings. All has a couple specks of surface rust. Nothing bad but offering full disclosure.

Overall I would say this is a great example of an e30 and is priced very fairly with other local e30's. I'm willing to entertain reasonable offers but make them reasonable. I will not part out. I have more pictures and if you want to test drive, have cash in hand.

Few pics
      http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3097497852.html

Email me for more pics

Greg.sumida@yahoo.com
      412 225 393nine

07-07-2012 04:12 PM #2
      Someone put a deposit down today so car is tentatively SOLD.

Vehicles
      E30
      07-23-2012 02:19 PM #3
      Picked up the car on Saturday, drove it the 2hrs back up to Vail with no problems other than my cheeks hurting from the huge smile on my face!

Super balanced car, in love already. Thanks Greg, thumbs up for good seller.

07-24-2012 10:30 PM #4
      Glad you're enjoying it and happy it went to an enthusiast.