VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

FS: Feeler 2012 Tornado Red R 1,300 miles Sacramento, Ca

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  chancer 
#1 ·
Well I have yet to see another Tornado Red R for sale on here...I hate to consider selling this car as there is nothing to not like about it, but due to some unforeseen financial expenditures I just can't justify keeping it. I'm a college student and the payment is killing me, so I'm going to try and pick up a beater for the time being until my BMW 2002 project is finished.

So a little background on the vehicle: While on a road trip last month to San Diego with a few friends(I'm from Sacramento), the half shaft on my paid off and freshly out of warranty MkV GTI w/ DSG decides to come loose and knock a hole in the transmission, requiring the replacement of the transmission and a quote of $6851 to have the dealer do the work. I needed a car, but there was no way I was about to put almost seven grand and a weeks time into fixing the GTI, so I ended up bending over and traded it in on the R.

The R currently has just under 1,300 miles on it, 500 of which were from the drive back from
San Diego (still has dealer plates), but it is my current daily driver so that figure will increase slightly from now. It is the base model, so no sunroof or navigation here. However, it is BONE stock, and in flawless condition. Not one nick, scratch, blemish, or inch of curb rash anywhere, the front bumper isn't even drilled for a front license plate. The same goes for the interior of course. I'm sure most of you on this forum already have an idea of how amazing the all wheel drive, motor, and brakes compliment the car so I won't go into much detail there lol, but I will say that compared to the MkV GTI it's a pretty big step up.

I realize any serious inquirer has a number that they would like to pay for a car such as this, and I too have a number that I'd like to get, so shoot me an offer in a PM if you're genuinely interested and we'll go from there.

See less See more
#5 ·
That's a shame you gotta get rid of it. I am also a fellow Sacramento Golf R owner and it would be awesome to see another one on the road! :D

Best of luck with the sale, I'm sure you'll sell it quick! :thumbup::thumbup: :beer:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.