Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: The RS5 Cab mule...

1. 07-05-2012 03:10 PM #1
      Hello,

I live in the UK and am waiting for a facelft A5 coupe S Line.

After much research for body styling (avoiding aftermarket) I came across the following image.

I didn't think it was possible for the RS5 bumpers to fit an A5 or S5, as both vehicles do not have flared wheel arches. Yet, this S5 has a perfectly-fitting RS front. I regularly see images of exclusive Audi vehicles parked outside the A50 Building at Audi Forum in Ingolstadt, Germany on Fourtitude.

It'd down to 3 things:

Some high ranking Audi Staff have access to some bespoke exclusive Quattro GmbH parts...

The RS5 facelift Front bumper fits on the A5 and S5 even though the RS5 has flared arches.

The S5 cab's arches were modified like Rudiyoda's
      (from A5OC)

It seems unlikely Audi would make a special one off bumper, but seems equally unlikely the RS front would fit on the facelift and not the pre facelift...

It's time to contact the top ranks, I have to get to the bottom of this. If we work together we can steal the mystery machine and solve this.

Pnp
      2013: A5 facelift 2.0TFSI S Tronic quattro S Line | Suzuka Grey | Flat Bottom Wheel | Audi Exclusive Line | Tech Pack High | Audi Drive Select | Audi Damper Control | Heated Seats | Tyre Monitor | Cruise Control | B&O | Elec. Mirrors | Int. Light Pack | S Line sus

2. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi TT S line competition, 1984 Audi 4000S quattro, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
      07-08-2012 10:21 AM #2
      I've seen similar cars to the one above at the Audi Forum in Ingolstadt. I believe these are RS 5 Cabriolet production mules as the ones I saw in person also had RS 5 instrument clusters as well. This would lead me to believe that the RS 5 chin does in fact fit a non-flared A5/S5. I doubt they would have produced a special bumper for the mules (unless RS 5 Cabriolet will have no flares... which I further doubt). Likely they wanted to perfectly simulate cooling so they fitted the factory RS 5 chin... typical on test mules. My guess is you could do the same.

Another option might be the new body kit from Rieger. This appears to be a replica of the RS 5 setup. Here's a link.

http://fourtitude.com/news/aftermark...-with-rs-look/

3. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi TT S line competition, 1984 Audi 4000S quattro, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
      07-08-2012 10:25 AM #3

Here's an RS 5 Cabriolet mule I saw first hand in the parking garage at the Audi Forum Ingolstadt. Clearly it's pre-facelift, but it did feature an RS 5 cluster and that chin.

http://forums.fourtitude.com/entry.p...RS-5-Cabriolet!

Vehicles
      Audi STaSIS Challenge Edition S5, Audi A3 Sline Stage II+, Audi A6 Sline
      09-03-2012 05:47 PM #4
      Any conclusions on if RS5 front can be fitted to prefacelift without modification?
      STaSIS CHALLENGE AUDI S5 Ice Silver/Black Napa Leather,6MT,Side Assist,NAV,TECH,B&O,Carbon Inlay,STaSIS ECU & Exhaust,Ohlins STaSIS Susp Pkg,STaSIS Swaybar,MTM Brembo 8 piston brakes,dimpled oem rear rotors,20" EUR Wheels,BMC Air Filter,RS4 Pedal Kit,Clear Bra,LED Taillights,Power Folding Mirrors A6 S-line-Brilliant Black,Tip,NAV,Bose,Air Susp,ADS,19" RS4 Wheels,S6 LED A3/S3 -Brilliant Black,2.0t,DSG,NAV,LED,Stage II+