Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2004 Audi Allroad 4.2 V8...FOR SALE.

1. Member
      Vehicles
      b5 & b6 1.8t's
      07-06-2012 12:05 PM #1
      Hello and thank you for checking this out! Lost my job.....and hard times are forcing sale.
      You might have seen this car at WATERFEST. I am from Bangor Maine, we put 1300 miles on the car in 3 days driving to and around Waterfest. This is a Unique 2004 V8, it is very comfortable, quick, turns heads,rare, and is turn key.

I LOST MY JOB...AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME OTHER ENTHUSIAST BUY THIS CAR! PLEASE!
      Call for details I could go on and on about this car.

Clean title in hand
      50k new
      ONLY 8 years old
      Rare model
      Under priced
      New Federal 595S 215/35/18's
      stop offering 4-5k please
      300hp - 280lbs

$6300
      This is a beautiful 2004 Audi Allroad 4.2V8 Quattro with 152256 original miles, air-ride & two-tone interior. I have service records from the day it was pre-delivery inspected at the Audi dealership (mile 1) to near its current miles. This car has had all required Audi service's and based on the service history the car was brought to the dealer for any and everything. This car has been very well maintained.. and was lady driven before myself. This vehicle like the rest of our Audi's has been loved! The car has a CLEAN TITLE and truly just needs a driver.

I am looking for $6300.

Please Call- text - message... Shawn @ 207-323-8986 Title in hand and can show the car any day.

Last edited by A4tNewbie; 08-06-2012 at 09:00 AM.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      b5 & b6 1.8t's
      07-30-2012 07:50 AM #2
      bump?

3. Member
      Vehicles
      b5 & b6 1.8t's
      08-01-2012 10:12 AM #3
      V8 v8 v8

4. Member
      Vehicles
      08 750i | C5A6 Avant
      08-01-2012 10:30 AM #4
      Gonna assume your not interested in trades?

5. Member
      Vehicles
      b5 & b6 1.8t's
      08-01-2012 04:42 PM #5
      Sorry, no trades at this time. Really need the cash. I am suprised this has not sold yet. I have friends that have paid double what I am asking for B6 S4's with 105-130k I truly think this car is worth attttleasst 7k but i need cash.

$6300

6. Member
      Vehicles
      b5 & b6 1.8t's
      08-04-2012 10:10 AM #6
      Bump

7. 08-07-2012 01:20 PM #7
      I'd be all over this if you weren't 3,000,000 miles away...

8. Member
      Vehicles
      b5 & b6 1.8t's
      08-08-2012 09:37 AM #8
      Please someone telll me why for $6300 this hasnt sold yet.

This car smoked a s4 2.7t sedan 6spd with stg 1 tune.

We had an s4 interior and a bunch of parts and tools in the back also...

What are the pity complaints i can smoothe out for anyone???????????

?????????

???????????

???????????????

9. Member
      Vehicles
      b5 & b6 1.8t's
      08-09-2012 09:47 AM #9
      bump

10. Member
      Vehicles
      b5 & b6 1.8t's
      08-13-2012 11:53 AM #10
      bummmppppp

11. Member
      Vehicles
      b5 & b6 1.8t's
      08-19-2012 11:02 AM #11
      this is ****ing pathetic.

12. 08-19-2012 09:01 PM #12
      Honestly, ill tell you why it hasnt sold man, air ride. That just scares the sh*t out of people, air ride can really jack a car up if not used properly... Just put it back to stock and it should sell fast. If it was in Nashville, with no air ride, ide buy it a heart beat.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      '03 W8 Wagon(RIP), '79 euro BMW 635 csi, B6 3.6 4motion wagon, fleet of Scoot Coupes/mopeds
      08-19-2012 09:22 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by Jettin2pointSlow View Post
      Honestly, ill tell you why it hasnt sold man, air ride. That just scares the sh*t out of people, air ride can really jack a car up if not used properly... Just put it back to stock and it should sell fast. If it was in Nashville, with no air ride, ide buy it a heart beat.
      Car comes stock with air ride

sent using my fat fingers on this small phone
      North.East.Region.Dubs

14. Member
      Vehicles
      b5 & b6 1.8t's
      08-20-2012 08:42 AM #14
      Bags are fixed, most common problem is the leaky bag....rebuilding them is quite simple, I rebuilt all 4 bags, Needed each leveling position sensor in the front and that was it. Cost $408 at the DEALER.

PEOPLE WOULD BE SUPRISED WHAT THEY CAN DO IF THE REEEEAAADDDD FIRST BEFORE THEY GO AND JUST BEND OVER IN THE SERVICE LANE AT THE DEALER!!!!

Someone will buy the car...I almost drove this to seattle to sell to a guy.

If I get insulted with another low ball offer...I'll sell the one of the S4's.

I HAVE A 2000 S4 6SPD WITH 58K.

I do appreciate your words though. Cheers.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      b5 & b6 1.8t's
      08-20-2012 08:52 AM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by Jettin2pointSlow View Post

AIR RIDE is factory!

I have drove/flew across the country for the right deal on a car..

Many people write me about the car...ask a question, I take the time to write them back...and not a yes not a no...just no response.

I'm going to let the car sit in the forums, if it sells it sells. At this point it is almost worth keeping.

16. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      97 GTI (5-speed), 97 jetta VR6 GLX (5-speed), 02 Jetta Wagon 1.8 (5-speed), 2001 AUDI allroad (Tip)
      08-21-2012 08:22 PM #16
      Is your S4 6-speed an Avant?

If so, then I am going to lowball the heck out of your Allroad in order to get you to list your S4.

Good luck with the sale. Can't you even find a buyer on Craigslist for your Allroad?

17. Member
      Vehicles
      b5 & b6 1.8t's
      08-28-2012 01:10 PM #17
      Found out the compressor was giving this entire time. So I need a copressor. I have found a few. Not the hardest thing to remove either.

The S4 is a sedan.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      b5 & b6 1.8t's
      08-29-2012 08:44 AM #18
      Bump For a great car!

19. Member
      Vehicles
      Too many
      08-31-2012 11:53 PM #19
      What after market parts are on it? And what wheels are those?
      Quote Originally Posted by newSWARTZ View Post
      Im def an a**hole
      Formerly Swartz joined 02

20. Member
      Vehicles
      b5 & b6 1.8t's
      09-01-2012 10:35 AM #20
      Bone Stock, Stock wheels.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      Too many
      09-01-2012 12:14 PM #21
      Is it lowered using vagcom? And the wheels are spray bombed?
      Quote Originally Posted by newSWARTZ View Post
      Im def an a**hole
      Formerly Swartz joined 02

22. Member
      Vehicles
      b5 & b6 1.8t's
      09-02-2012 12:22 PM #22
      Using vag com? Factory air ride. There is a mod that can make it go one level lower than level "1" i heard but it does not have that modification.

Wheels painted at a shop before tires mounted

Vehicles
      b7 / b5 wagon / b5 rwd drift car
      09-25-2012 01:18 AM #23
      to your car man. surprised it hasnt sold yet.

i know you didnt want trades, but ill give it a shot anyway

check sig if you're interested.

24. 09-25-2012 05:31 PM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by A4tNewbie View Post
      Using vag com? Factory air ride. There is a mod that can make it go one level lower than level "1" i heard but it does not have that modification.
      Then why does it look like you've lowered it several inches below the lowest factory setting? I am looking for a v8 allroad but not one that's been screwed around with...I am the type of buyer who sees your photos, what you've written, and then move on. This is part of why your car has not sold but it's also not on autotrader (from what I've seen) where you'll not only get most of the enthusiast crowd who are looking and serious but also all the other people from all over the country.

25. 09-25-2012 05:41 PM #25
      Please someone telll me why for $6300 this hasnt sold yet.

This car smoked a s4 2.7t sedan 6spd with stg 1 tune.

What are the pity complaints i can smoothe out for anyone???????????

?????????

???????????

???????????????
      Because you are out racing it?
      And what the heck is a "pity" complaint?

26. 09-25-2012 05:45 PM #26
      you say
      This car has had all required Audi service's and based on the service history the car was brought to the dealer for any and everything.
      yet you're also DIYing the car too:

Quote Originally Posted by A4tNewbie
      I rebuilt all 4 bags,
      Not that you didn't do it fine, etc, but I'm more cautious when buying someone's project car.

Vehicles
      09-25-2012 11:03 PM #27
      stop the hate.

mister... are you in this thread JUST to pick on the OP?
      are you that bored?

these responses are exactly the reason why there are fewer and fewer serious sellers on vortex, fearing that they will get this type of response, meanwhile, their car is a decent honest car for sale.

more love!

28. 09-26-2012 02:18 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by mikmot View Post
      stop the hate.

mister... are you in this thread JUST to pick on the OP?
      are you that bored?

these responses are exactly the reason why there are fewer and fewer serious sellers on vortex, fearing that they will get this type of response, meanwhile, their car is a decent honest car for sale.

more love!
      I stated I am looking for a v8 allroad.

Apparently you think it is "hate" to ask why a car looks lower than allowable via factory systems. I am pretty familiar with the allroad air suspension and I think his photo shows it lower.

Lastly, he did in fact ask, more than once, "why" it isn't getting serious offers. I gave my reasons for having not yet inquired however I am open to hearing answers to my questions.

Too bad if you think that common skepticism equates to hate, but you are incorrect in your assessment. "Hate" on a forum is all about "opinion". I voiced no opinion but simply brought up factual issues. Unless someone can prove to me their skills in the craft of air suspension "rebuild", then I would have to assume it is one area that will require work after acquisition. I'm open to proof, just not any BS.

29. Member
      Vehicles
      b5 & b6 1.8t's
      09-30-2012 11:19 AM #29
      Wow....wtf is happening to the vortex.

The allroad has service records from mile 1 to 142k. So for 10k I have maintained it. WOW!!! call that diy'ing it? This thing does not have spray painted parts on it.

The do it yourself has come into play rebuilding the air bags, replacing the front cv shafts changing a belt upfront and replacing the air compressor.

I work at a shop 5 days a week, I sold cars for 4 years in, I have done countless jobs to Audis, from motor swaps to timing jobs and everything in between......WHICH HALF THE PEOPLE ON VORTEX CAN DO, and my best friend is a service writer for Audi and is highly credible so he provides me with factory step by step how to's and so on. Also provides access to specialty tools and dealer programs you will never see in your life.

You would have figured out by now rebuilding a factory air strut or one of the other things ive done isn't that hard. But your to busy being "that kind" of buyer. With what you "thought" about the car after you read the post...go do research put all the facts together and ask some questions,,you say your looking for an allroad.

How do you lower a car several inches below factory settings....if it has 4 levels.?

The allroad has not been "screwed" with. Im not some 16 yr old punk kid who acquired a 52 thousand dollar car. How could this be someones project car?
      I dont go out "racing it"..... I had two interiors in it on the way to waterfest, and my brother just put a stg 1 tune in his S4 so we raced out of the toll gate and i won BIG DEAL.

Pity complaint....."I am the type of buyer who sees your photos and what you wrote and moves on"
      "is it screwed around with" .

Why do I need to pay to list a car for sale and deal with people like you all day.
      I can come on here and other forums. Atleast it is a group of semi true vw/audi lovers.
      Go back on auto trader buddy and get a good deal.

This car is NOT for you. Your familiar with air ride because you got screwed on having it done at the deal once in the past it sounds like.

Open to "proof" just no BS? like you would know the difference.
      Last edited by A4tNewbie; 09-30-2012 at 12:11 PM.

30. Member
      Vehicles
      b5 & b6 1.8t's
      09-30-2012 11:37 AM #30
      now that this thread is ruined.....I am installing a new compressor and having the wheels sprayed silver. I will have no trouble with a sale after this.

I am close to having my A4 BT build done annndddd it will be snowing in a month or so here so both the A4 and the allroad will be in the garage. I should have the Allroad for sale again around November 1st and then I wont have to deal with this forum crap. With everything fixed I'll be asking a little more.

I think I may have a buyer for this B5 S4 I have for sale and maybe I'll just keep the Allroad I don't know. There is a A6 2.7 6spd manual in my driveway with 94k on it...but its my buddies. lol he is selling it but mabey Ill talk him into something and we can do a tranny swap and have a 6spd V8 Allroad.

ttt i guess.
      Last edited by A4tNewbie; 09-30-2012 at 12:11 PM.

31. 09-30-2012 04:20 PM #31

I work at a shop 5 days a week, I sold cars for 4 years in, I have done countless jobs to Audis, from motor swaps to timing jobs and everything in between......WHICH HALF THE PEOPLE ON VORTEX CAN DO, and my best friend is a service writer for Audi and is highly credible so he provides me with factory step by step how to's and so on. Also provides access to specialty tools and dealer programs you will never see in your life.

-----

How do you lower a car several inches below factory settings....if it has 4 levels.?
      ---

This car is NOT for you. Your familiar with air ride because you got screwed on having it done at the deal once in the past it sounds like.
      ---
      Open to "proof" just no BS? like you would know the difference.
      That's great you have the ability to do some of the work. There was no way to know that before - nor is there any way to know you're doing it well.

You are either unaware the car already has the 402 mod which allows it to sit lower than the lowest factory setting or you are not telling the whole story on why it looks so low in the parking lot photos due to something you have done. The normal factory air suspension does not allow it to go that low from what I've seen on other allroads. Don't try to tell me why I'm familiar with the air suspension, it's certainly not from "getting screwed at the dealer".

You have had it how long? Having the service records is good but you didn't list the VIN?

Vehicles
      09-30-2012 11:39 PM #32

removing this thread from my subscription list.
      was interested, but this kind of nonsense doesnt benefit anyone.

OP, btw. this is a FS thread. you guys should stop this piss match and take it to PM's.

jwestpro: you must be a very small man to be trying so hard to bully everyone behind you computer screen. i hate to pass judgement like this on a FS thread, but its really irritating and also against forum rules.
      i understand you are asking relevant questions, but if you cant see that you are being hostile in your posts, then......

if you would like to leave you ego out of it and discuss further, feel free to PM me.
      Last edited by mikmot; 09-30-2012 at 11:46 PM.

33. 10-01-2012 12:18 AM #33
      jwestpro: you must be a very small man to be trying so hard to bully everyone behind you computer screen.
      if you cant see that you are being hostile in your posts, then......
      indeed. Calling out someone for being hostile in one breath, being hostile with the next...

It's obvious to anyone with a working pair of eyes that this car is sitting lower than stock, yet the OP says he has not done the mod that makes this possible. He does however claim to have rebuilt the bags. So either the rebuild was done incorrectly, the mod was done prior to the OP owning the car, or it's just plain got a bad compressor.

Either way, it's low. Trying to cling to the opinion that it isn't by arguing with people who point it out is counter productive. Anyone seriously interested in the car would move on after reading the OP's posts.

34. Member
      Vehicles
      b5 & b6 1.8t's
      10-02-2012 08:43 AM #34
      215 35 18's and a bad compressor will lower the car to this height.

2 women previous owners. No 034 mod.

No need to list vin. vin given to serious buyers.

You never called about the car or pm'd me....LIKE SERIOUS BUYERS DO.

STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD

35. 10-02-2012 04:06 PM #35

removing this thread from my subscription list.
      was interested, but this kind of nonsense doesnt benefit anyone.

OP, btw. this is a FS thread. you guys should stop this piss match and take it to PM's.

jwestpro: you must be a very small man to be trying so hard to bully everyone behind you computer screen. i hate to pass judgement like this on a FS thread, but its really irritating and also against forum rules.
      i understand you are asking relevant questions, but if you cant see that you are being hostile in your posts, then......

if you would like to leave you ego out of it and discuss further, feel free to PM me.
      Not sure how it's bullying to ask pertinent questions. Guess what, other forums often require the VIN or last several digits and other silly things so that people can rely on facts rather than intentional nonsense or simple ignorance (not everyone knows every little thing about their car, this is forgivable unless the person is also obstructive).

I have been considering an allroad for a while now, test driven some locals, researched several others, and this price point is the one thing that landed me here. Had the OP handled this properly, from the outset, the thread could have ended a while ago as a "sold".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast