• Yes, they are real and confirmed

33 100.00%
    • No, they are mythical creatures

0 0%

Thread: Breathtaking

Vehicles
      List your car(s) owned here
      07-06-2012 01:51 PM #1
      Been an ongoing debate in my family... do ugly babies exist? Some say no, it is a myth like Big Foot and Nessie but others, myself included, are believers.

Case... a friend back east has a baby that I have yet to meet. On FB he looks... unfortunate. I asked my other very honest friend about this and he said 'lets just say, its not the camera's fault'.

I'm just a regular Joe, with a regular job. I'm your average white, suburbanite slob.

You could not pay me enough to own another Ford or another hybrid ever again. http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/203834.png

Vehicles
      MKV GTI / RIP MKIV Jetta / Burn in HADES GLS Beetle 1.8T!
      07-06-2012 02:15 PM #2
      Oh they exist all right. My wife and I feel there are 3 types of babies...

1) cute "gerber" babies
      2) Little Old Man babies (babies that look like little old men, but are still cute)
      3) Ugly babies.

A friend of ours (that we see all the time) had a an ugly baby, and my God, it was awkward. The good news is that he grew out of it, but sweet jeebus he was rough for about a good year and a half.
      "We'll not risk another frontal assault... that rabbit's DYNAMITE!"

07-07-2012 12:33 AM #3
      Oh, absolutely they do. I'd go even so far as to say "fugly" but what do you say to a friend who is so proud of their ugly baby?

4. Member
      07-07-2012 10:11 AM #4
      Are you kidding me? There are hideous babies out there. What tops it is when the kid is ugly and the parents dress the kid like a moron. Ugly kids are annoying.

5. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      07-07-2012 01:07 PM #5
      IMO most babies are ugly. My son was monstrous for about 2 months. It's also my opinion that many grow out of it.

6. 07-07-2012 02:03 PM #6
      My daughter was a gorgeous baby and we knew it. My son looked like the monster from Goonies. And we knew it. People were like "OOOHHHH! He's sooooo cute!!!". We'd respond with "Really? You really think he's cute? We're just hoping he has a good personality".

Luckily, by age one he'd grown out of it and actually looked something between cute and average.

7. Member
      07-07-2012 05:46 PM #7
      our first daughter looked like a 90 year old man, but we kept convincing ourselves how pretty she was. Then at about 6 months she actually started turning beautiful and we were like, what the hell were we thinking before?

I agree that most infants are ugly and many of them start to change at 6-12 months.

07-07-2012 06:26 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dras View Post
      our first daughter looked like a 90 year old man, but we kept convincing ourselves how pretty she was. Then at about 6 months she actually started turning beautiful and we were like, what the hell were we thinking before?

I agree that most infants are ugly and many of them start to change at 6-12 months.
      HAHAHAHA!!! I don't have kids but just about every newborn I see is wrinkled like an old man.

07-08-2012 05:56 AM #9
      They definitely exist. I am fortunate in that both of my daughters are the cute pudgy gerber-type. Our good friends had an ugly baby, and they called him wrinkle man for about two months till he started to grow out of it. Haha

10. 07-09-2012 09:22 PM #10
      All babies are ugly, no exceptions. It's just evolution that makes parents think they are to ensure perpetuation of the species so they don't abandon the baby or use it as bait/distraction for the hyenas while they make their escape.
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

11. 07-09-2012 09:23 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Double-V View Post
      All babies are ugly, no exceptions. It's just evolution that makes parents think they are to ensure perpetuation of the species so they don't abandon the baby or use it as bait/distraction for the hyenas while they make their escape.
      Wow ...do u have kids?? If so, hide that post
      Wolfsburg AWW REVO 93 Octane, AEM DryFlow SRI, 710N, Stainless 2.5" Turbo-Back Catless Exhaust, ECS 90A Dogbone Bushings, Eibach Pro-System
      Quote Originally Posted by SilverSLC
      You were all new once. Someone asking questions or posting a car that you don't like is NOT a license to attack that person or start name calling and generally acting like a jerk.

12. Member
      07-10-2012 09:21 AM #12

07-10-2012 02:15 PM #13
      hahaha

Vehicles
      13 JSW TDI, 04 Saab 9-5 Arc SC, 93 S4, 02 Ninja 250
      07-10-2012 03:11 PM #14
      evidence.

epitome
      "Not everything you eat has to, or should, taste really f*cking awesome. Sometimes you need to eat 'boring' food to stay healthy.

2.0 TDI "BHW" engine partout - @tdiclub @vwvortex

15. 07-11-2012 09:22 AM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by iJETTA View Post
      Wow ...do u have kids?? If so, hide that post
      I have two beautiful children, and yes, they were ugly babies. The uglyness takes 6 to 12 months to dissipate.
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

Vehicles
      List your car(s) owned here
      07-11-2012 10:22 AM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by dunhamjr View Post
      evidence.

I'm just a regular Joe, with a regular job. I'm your average white, suburbanite slob.

You could not pay me enough to own another Ford or another hybrid ever again. http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/203834.png

Vehicles
      '04 GTI, '12 Camry SE
      07-11-2012 03:40 PM #17
      They exist. Fortunately my son turned out great. If he didn't, I'd admit it. He's 2 and gets a ton of attention and would be a great tool to pick up women.

18. 07-11-2012 05:27 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by SinisterMind View Post
      They exist. Fortunately my son turned out great. If he didn't, I'd admit it. He's 2 and gets a ton of attention and would be a great tool to pick up women.
      He's a toddler and not a baby. You are delusion; he was damn ugly as a baby too!

Vehicles
      Mini R55 S, Honda Pilot
      07-11-2012 06:28 PM #19
      Evidence, your Honor! Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch, I didn't mention which ones were ugly. If you just got defensive, that's all on you.

My girls were bald for a few years. It cracked me up deadpanning to people saying "He's so cute!" with "That's a girl, can't you see the PINK EVERYTHING?!"

20. 07-11-2012 06:29 PM #20
      I'd like to add that I realize this is a good-natured thread

I work with kids, I spend 10 hours a day as the legal custodian of 65 kiddos from K-8 ...I speak from experience that there are ug babies, but also as they age you start to say "poor thing" when it becomes obvious that a few are just plain under par with what the world they are going to enter into considers attractive. Funny how a lot of the time the "homely" looking kids develope amazing senses of humor or personalities that make it obvious that being unattractive just won't matter
      Wolfsburg AWW REVO 93 Octane, AEM DryFlow SRI, 710N, Stainless 2.5" Turbo-Back Catless Exhaust, ECS 90A Dogbone Bushings, Eibach Pro-System
      Quote Originally Posted by SilverSLC
      You were all new once. Someone asking questions or posting a car that you don't like is NOT a license to attack that person or start name calling and generally acting like a jerk.

21. Member
      07-11-2012 10:04 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by iJETTA View Post
      I'd like to add that I realize this is a good-natured thread
      absolutely.

Vehicles
      MKV GTI / RIP MKIV Jetta / Burn in HADES GLS Beetle 1.8T!
      07-12-2012 09:34 AM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by titleist1976 View Post
      HEY!!!

"We'll not risk another frontal assault... that rabbit's DYNAMITE!"

Vehicles
      Mini R55 S, Honda Pilot
      07-13-2012 12:16 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by 20DYNAMITE07 View Post

See! That's one ugly ass baby right there.

24. 07-14-2012 12:08 AM #24
      I don't know how, but I think my daughter was a super cute baby, people would tell us all the time how pretty she was. (could be lying I guess )

She's a toddler now, but still doesn't have any hair though. She may never grow any.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
      Last edited by GreenWagen; 07-14-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Vehicles
      MkIV R32
      07-24-2012 04:49 PM #25
      Babies can definitely be ugly, but I think it's impossible for a baby's parents to see it. My wife and I were convinced that our first daughter was absolutely, positively, the most adorable baby ever to have graced our Earth.

Now when we look at her 0-9 months old pictures we're just . The gentlest way we can put it is she looked like an alien - big head, scrawny neck, etc.:

Fortunately, she has grown into a gorgeous little girl:

26. Member
      07-24-2012 06:40 PM #26
      Makes you want to bottle them and keep them that way forever. Our daughter is 4 1/2 now and we are seeing maturity changes in her face as she starts turning into a little girl. It makes me sad because it means she is growing up and while I love it, I don't want it to happen.

07-25-2012 01:36 AM #27
      All babies ! Yes I agree with that statement !

Vehicles
      98 Volvo V70 (Indigo Montoya) mk2 Jetta (the other woman)
      07-30-2012 04:52 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dras View Post
      Makes you want to bottle them and keep them that way forever. Our daughter is 4 1/2 now and we are seeing maturity changes in her face as she starts turning into a little girl. It makes me sad because it means she is growing up and while I love it, I don't want it to happen.
      Just wait...my 9 year old has started getting hips.

29. Geriatric Member firefighterjunkie's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '04 GTI and '03 Passat Wagon
      07-31-2012 07:47 PM #29
      Oh yeah, there are definitely some funky lookin' babies - especially newborns. I think they really start getting "cute" around 6 months or so, and even more so after that.

I also tend to think that chubby babies are cuter than skinny ones, and ones with hair are cuter than bald ones, etc.

My 11 month old looks silly right now because her hair is wild (but not long enough for a cut) and she's got spaced out baby teeth that remind us of a hippos

08-03-2012 11:56 AM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by ModestGirl View Post
      Just wait...my 9 year old has started getting hips.
      Please delete this comment and this foreshadowing of the future from my brain. ACK!

Vehicles
      e320 wagon, company issued appliance
      08-12-2012 10:36 PM #31
      Ugh, my oldest was a UGLY baby. And we both knew it too. The kind of baby that others would see and go "Oh my! Thats such a ......... baby...." My youngest came out perfect. Both have grown into perfect little girls, but WOW it took a bit
      "Never attribute to maliciousness that which can be attributed to stupidity."

32. Member
      08-13-2012 12:13 PM #32
      If you hear this: "Oh hey there...(sees baby)...you..." then the baby is probably ugly.

In all seriousness, they change so much from infant to toddler, you really can't tell sometimes how they'll turn out. That said, there are definite babies that are clearly uber cute and there are others who even the parents admit that they're not.
      2003 Acura MDX
      2006 BMW X3

33. 08-24-2012 05:57 PM #33
      When my second born came around I kept telling my wife that he looked like the pet alien from "Flight of The Navigator". She finally agreed once I found a photo. He was still cute though.

In the defense of this baby.... this looks like a terrible picture.

Quote Originally Posted by nm+ View Post
      Time to give up and buy a horse.

Vehicles
      mk2 vr, mk4 vr
      08-28-2012 04:49 PM #34
      OP must not see many babies I'm guessing
      99% of newborns look like aliens
      it pains my eyes to see ppl post newborn pics on FB
      wait at least a month or 2 when they begin to look human
      and my babies were scary newborns but very cute by a couple months

08-28-2012 05:23 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by mkII_short_dub View Post
      OP must not see many babies I'm guessing
      99% of newborns look like aliens
      it pains my eyes to see ppl post newborn pics on FB
      wait at least a month or 2 when they begin to look human
      and my babies were scary newborns but very cute by a couple months
      Everyone thinks their own newborn is the best looking kid in town. I know I do/did/will. Just try and tell me otherwise!