Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Q: How could you gain 25 awhp and 32 tq from a CAI?

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R 4dr Rising Blue
      10-05-2012 11:17 PM #491
      Quote Originally Posted by KPgolfR View Post
      so far there is only been one case of the joint just braking out of the blue.. myself and everyone else has said they just forgot and went to close there hood and broke the hood prop and there hood in the process.

Also in case you have not seen or noticed the new mk7 gti use the same design as the PR( minus the snorkel part) Mostly straight and short and not over the turbo.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybsrJ3OHyas&t=1m55s

Looks almost, if not, identical to the position we have now.
      I drive a 2012 VW Golf R / United Motorsport

2. Member
      Vehicles
      '14 CC R-Line, '12 Golf R
      10-05-2012 11:40 PM #492
      First, that's not a GTI but a standard Golf. It does say TSI though. It looks like they changed the location of the turbo in general. The intake now goes from the opening in the grill to the back of the engine and straight down to the turbo. I guess that makes the intake tract more compact and the distance from the DV to the intake and the intake plenum shorter. Wondering what those three strange protrusions from the intake are.

Vehicles
      2012 R
      10-06-2012 12:41 AM #493
      I think that is the new 1.8T base golf motor. The GTI will probably use the same 2.0 tsi as is in the mkvi.

Vehicles
      2012 golf r , 2011 Jetta se, 1990 gti
      10-06-2012 01:06 AM #494
      engine is completely different from the mk6.. turbo moved to the right so intake is now coming out the right rear of the engine and straight to the front stock air inlet location. more power and different options for power

ecu is now in the engine bay next to the battery.

windshield washer res moved and now on the right side

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

Vehicles
      10-06-2012 01:14 AM #495
      Last comment before we completely derail this entire topic.

Did anybody notice the oil filter location in the pic above? Seems like everything is together: oil cap, dipstick and oil filter. Oh how i love that placement.

Vehicles
      10-06-2012 10:09 AM #496
      Quote Originally Posted by jsausley View Post
      I'll retort with some more sarcasm!

I'm glad I saved $300 more than you and bought an intake that doesn't rub anything, performs nearly the same and looks even better!

The BSH intake seems awesome and is awesome for overall power and performance, there are just too many sacrifices for me personally. No catch can, no engine cover, no OEM hood strut...
      AFAIK they are working on a new bracket to put it on the drivers side.

Vehicles
      10-11-2012 05:49 PM #497
      How are your intakes doing in terms of fitment around the first coil pack and oil cap?
      Touching it? Resting against it? Barely?

Mine touches a bit with the silicone part. I tried adjusting a bit already but didn't make much of a difference . I did get a better clamp position out of the try though =D

Wonder if i can move the main pipe a tad higher or not worth the hassle.
      It seems like it touches a bit but I don't think it should be too bad or a problem considering the coil pack is in securely and it doesn't move and if the silicone rubs off a bit it wont be bad.... I think.
      Last edited by Coderedpl; 10-11-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      10-11-2012 08:40 PM #498
      ^^same here

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R
      10-11-2012 09:32 PM #499
      Quote Originally Posted by Coderedpl View Post
      How are your intakes doing in terms of fitment around the first coil pack and oil cap?
      Touching it? Resting against it? Barely?

Mine touches a bit with the silicone part. I tried adjusting a bit already but didn't make much of a difference . I did get a better clamp position out of the try though =D

Wonder if i can move the main pipe a tad higher or not worth the hassle.
      It seems like it touches a bit but I don't think it should be too bad or a problem considering the coil pack is in securely and it doesn't move and if the silicone rubs off a bit it wont be bad.... I think.
      Unfortunately I have a hose clamp resting on a coil

Fit is terrible in that area. I removed the oil cap collar to get rid of that interference. Needless to say, it fits like **** around there regardless of how much I tried to adjust it.

Vehicles
      10-12-2012 10:41 PM #500
      It's close, very close. I haven't had the patience or time to mess around with it more, but if i get somewhere with adjusting, i'll post here

11. 10-13-2012 01:49 AM #501
      P.O.S hood prop

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R
      10-24-2012 06:57 PM #502
      Quote Originally Posted by riderbmx4 View Post
      P.O.S hood prop
      I second this. I was under the impression the hood prop would be a temporary piece until BSH figured out a new hood strut setup. Today, while installing a downpipe, I had my car up and down the lift about 6 times. When I finally finished and dropped the hood, my heart sank. I was so happy to get my downpipe installed and now I see my hood is bent. The slight bounce during the raising and lowered of the car was enough to bend the hood. I think this doesn't have as much to do with the hood prop being steel, but the actual point where the hood is held. it is significantly lower than the OEM hood strut position, and most of the hood's weight is extending past the point where the prop is holding the hood. Not sure what to do from here. I don't want to blame BSH for this - I was fully aware this could happen. I even thought "I shouldn't have to close the hood, there shouldn't be a problem when I raise the car". Im just slightly upset that its been a few months now and I have a feeling BSH has not worked on finding a new setup.
      2012 Golf R - 4D CSG - BSH PR CAI - 42DD Downpipe - APR Stage 2

Vehicles
      10-24-2012 07:07 PM #503
      It is the fault of the position where it's held.
      I wonder if it's possible to make some nub or something to slide into the spot where the little ball like thing that holds the original prop is in. That would be the perfect solution.

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R
      10-24-2012 07:14 PM #504
      Quote Originally Posted by Coderedpl View Post
      It is the fault of the position where it's held.
      I wonder if it's possible to make some nub or something to slide into the spot where the little ball like thing that holds the original prop is in. That would be the perfect solution.
      The position where it is held is what was designed by BSH. I would really like to see a new solution. In the mean time, I'm not sure what I'll do. Fix the hood and still use the hood prop? No prop? It may be easier to remove the hood any time I work under there than to worry about destroying it every time.

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R
      10-24-2012 07:15 PM #505
      As far as repairing the damage... Body shop? or new hood? Any help is appreciated.

16. 10-24-2012 07:48 PM #506
      Quote Originally Posted by .:Raunchy View Post
      As far as repairing the damage... Body shop? or new hood? Any help is appreciated.
      depending on the da... a body shop can only do so much,. i was lucky enough to have it not happened to me while cleaning the,car.. the body shop did a great job. but the hood seems,a lil higher from the actual fender in my case.

10-24-2012 08:13 PM #507
      Seems to me that BSH is avoiding this thread due to not having an answer or fix for problems like this. They used to post all the time, now nothing.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2014 Audi A6 2.0T, 2013 Mini Cooper S Convertible, 1974 Dodge B200 Maxi Van FTW
      10-24-2012 08:34 PM #508
      I'm starting to think this thread should be renamed "Q: How can you gain a dent in your hood"
      2012 CSG 2 DR NAV/SR | Tuning: 4 Seasons | Mocal oil cooler | APR STG 2+ (w/mobile program switching) | STG 3ish Clutch | Devils Own WMI | HPA Gen 4 Switchable Controller | Autotech HPFP | Billy Boat Down Pipe | Volant Intake | Neuspeed SS | BSH stage 2 engine/tranny/pendulum mounts | Badge-less grill + notch fill/paint | 6LB Braille battery | VWR Sport Springs + Koni Yellows | Neuspeed F and R sway | ("Build" Thread) | #731 ( :

Vehicles
      2011 imola yellow s4, 2014 gli
      10-25-2012 11:01 AM #509
      I fell victim of thIs as well. Not my fault but a friend was starting at his r with the hood open while closing mine. Forgot about the lack of a strut. We've ordered a few different struts and when they arrive we'll see what we can do.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
      Member of the Josh Metz fanclub

StanceNation

Vehicles
      CAR HISTORY: |A3|Cayman|TTS|Jetta|.:R|CC|
      10-25-2012 11:24 AM #510
      Quote Originally Posted by chase-R View Post
      Seems to me that BSH is avoiding this thread due to not having an answer or fix for problems like this. They used to post all the time, now nothing.
      Unfortunately, BSH-R is no longer working for BSH. I don't work for them I just love their products and they are involved in my build in a big way but I think that a more elegant hood strut is the key here as well. Hopefully something is figured out soon. I am getting the PR System and plan to have a custom hinged hood prop build. The power figures and overall design of the PR intake are awesome so I want to make this work too. Lets all work on a solution for the hinges.

Anyone else had any creative ideas?

Vehicles
      CAR HISTORY: |A3|Cayman|TTS|Jetta|.:R|CC|
      10-25-2012 11:26 AM #511
      Quote Originally Posted by nynative14 View Post
      I fell victim of thIs as well. Not my fault but a friend was starting at his r with the hood open while closing mine. Forgot about the lack of a strut. We've ordered a few different struts and when they arrive we'll see what we can do.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
      You've got PM and btw, I am in Phoenix so are we gonna meet up?

Vehicles
      10-25-2012 02:47 PM #512
      pm recieved and returned. honestly the hood strut design is a lil bit of a pain but for the performance i'll deal with it. I honestly had no issues with my hood prop. worked great. held the hood great in Big Bear at the Oktoberfest show a few weeks ago and this was left open over 12 hrs with drunks running around bumping into cars. My friend never had an incident with my hood until this time, and that was only because we were working on 2 R's at the same time. It sucks but it can be fixed. We measured the gap, hood extension, and resting position of the hood prop, and the factory hood strut and I feel we may have found the right strut that will work. A few have been ordered and now we're just waiting on the ball ends. I return from TDY on tuesday and hopefully we can figure this out. For those with the prop, just be careful. I'll update my findings and hopefully we can find something that works.

StanceNation

Vehicles
      10-25-2012 08:11 PM #513
      Quote Originally Posted by iMod.:R View Post
      Unfortunately, BSH-R is no longer working for BSH. I don't work for them I just love their products and they are involved in my build in a big way but I think that a more elegant hood strut is the key here as well. Hopefully something is figured out soon. I am getting the PR System and plan to have a custom hinged hood prop build. The power figures and overall design of the PR intake are awesome so I want to make this work too. Lets all work on a solution for the hinges.

Anyone else had any creative ideas?
      Wait what??
      Why?

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R
      10-25-2012 09:00 PM #514
      I've been looking at many different struts and taking measurements, but most solutions ive found still have a problem with fitment. I may just do a reverse hood because the brackets looked like they may fit, and the struts too.

Vehicles
      10-26-2012 05:33 AM #515
      I've been looking at many different struts and taking measurements, but most solutions ive found still have a problem with fitment. I may just do a reverse hood because the brackets looked like they may fit, and the struts too.
      thats a dope idea i tossed around too. hopefully the struts we bought work. i may have to contact u and bounce a few ideas off u if u dont mind

StanceNation

Vehicles
      12' Cw Golf R
      10-26-2012 07:51 AM #516
      I'm glad I waited on this... Someone did tell me bsh customer service was horrible
      Oem Tinted Led Tails with rear Fog-Piano Gloss Black Vw Badge-Carbon Window Tint, Bilstein Pss-10 Coilovers

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R
      10-26-2012 10:53 AM #517
      Quote Originally Posted by nynative14 View Post
      thats a dope idea i tossed around too. hopefully the struts we bought work. i may have to contact u and bounce a few ideas off u if u dont mind
      Yeah i think the reverse hood would be badass. i'm a person who rather than being the "only one with it", id love to park next to other R's with the reverse hoods propped up. if we can find a great fitment for a decent price, im sure others would be down for the reverse hood

Vehicles
      10-26-2012 03:17 PM #518
      Yeah i think the reverse hood would be badass. i'm a person who rather than being the "only one with it", id love to park next to other R's with the reverse hoods propped up. if we can find a great fitment for a decent price, im sure others would be down for the reverse hood
      yea i came from the honda scene where here in az being the only one with something is cool.....and then its stolen. lol. ill keep in touch for sure

StanceNation

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R
      10-30-2012 10:40 PM #519
      today i visited a reputable body shop here outside Charleston to get a quote on my hood. they said it couldn't be hammered out, and the entire hood would have to be replace. this would consist a new hood, labor costs to remove the headlights, spray the hood, and fade it in to the quarter panels to make everything look like factory paint. the quote was $1151.51. i said fvck that, smack it with a hammer and make it look straight, which they refused to do. after asking me how this happened, they strongly suggested having the manufacturer of the intake take responsibility for the repairs.

today i also noticed the hood prop (which hasn't been used in a long time, and never abused) is also broken. just another one to add to the list. thin plastic doesn't hold up well after being torqued, then carrying a bit of weight.

not sure what to do any more. a full carbon hood is cheaper than the repair but i dont want to look like rice. anybody just get the dents hammered out no problem?

this turned out to be one expensive intake. and i still don't feel i am responsible for the hood. i love the intake, and it performs as claimed, but i didn't ask for all this trouble

Vehicles
      92 Corrado SLC, '12 Golf R
      10-31-2012 12:11 AM #520
      Wow. So glad I didn't wait all the months for all the delays for this. And the point I made about the hood prop way back then seems to actually be realized now. lol.

Sorry guys...
      2002.5 Jetta 1.8T - TOTALED (dodging deer)
      2002.5 24v GTI - TOTALED (rear-ended by a Jeep)
      1992 Corrado SLC - Dead. Will be back.. stronger.
      2012 Golf R - Daily Driver Status

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R 2Dr Black
      10-31-2012 07:42 AM #521
      So, you guys that have bent the hood with the hood prop, where was the prop placed against the hood to hold it up? I am just wondering if there is some connection between placement and bending. I have been propping mine on the upper hinge bolt. I don't know if that is a good, or bad, thing.
      2012 Golf R 2Dr Loaded DBP - Diesel Geek, Badgeless Grille & Fill, Delete R Badges, 42DD Downpipe, Autotech HPFP, UM Stg2, Huper Optik Tint, HPA Dogbone mount, Rebadge.com, BSH PR CAI, Twintercooler, LED Tails, TSW Interlaggos 19X8, CTS TOP & TP, Xpel Ultimate, DXD Stg2 Daily, USRT W/M

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R
      10-31-2012 03:02 PM #522
      i've placed it on the hinge bolt, and right behind it, and slightly above it, and all spots had the same effect. the prop is strong enough to hold the hood, and wont slip from where you place it. the problem is more than half of the hood's weight extends past the prop, creating a situation where the hood is able to buckle under its own weight (and the fact that the steel prop has no give). The only way to use the prop without causing damage may be to place it as high up on the hood as possible to where you're just barely peeking in the hood. and when you're working under the hood, just take if off. its quite easy to take off and replace to get it out of the way.

i've found a Seibon hood for $560. any thoughts?

http://seiboncarbon.com/store/produc...-golf-gti.html

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R 2Dr Black
      10-31-2012 08:06 PM #523
      i've found a Seibon hood for $560. any thoughts?

http://seiboncarbon.com/store/produc...-golf-gti.html
      Just one problem that I see that might be an issue, "Hood pins required". I take that to mean you'll have to have pins up through the hood to hold it shut like an old hot rod.
      2012 Golf R 2Dr Loaded DBP - Diesel Geek, Badgeless Grille & Fill, Delete R Badges, 42DD Downpipe, Autotech HPFP, UM Stg2, Huper Optik Tint, HPA Dogbone mount, Rebadge.com, BSH PR CAI, Twintercooler, LED Tails, TSW Interlaggos 19X8, CTS TOP & TP, Xpel Ultimate, DXD Stg2 Daily, USRT W/M

34. 10-31-2012 08:22 PM #524
      today i visited a reputable body shop here outside Charleston to get a quote on my hood. they said it couldn't be hammered out, and the entire hood would have to be replace. this would consist a new hood, labor costs to remove the headlights, spray the hood, and fade it in to the quarter panels to make everything look like factory paint. the quote was $1151.51. i said fvck that, smack it with a hammer and make it look straight, which they refused to do. after asking me how this happened, they strongly suggested having the manufacturer of the intake take responsibility for the repairs.

today i also noticed the hood prop (which hasn't been used in a long time, and never abused) is also broken. just another one to add to the list. thin plastic doesn't hold up well after being torqued, then carrying a bit of weight.

not sure what to do any more. a full carbon hood is cheaper than the repair but i dont want to look like rice. anybody just get the dents hammered out no problem?

this turned out to be one expensive intake. and i still don't feel i am responsible for the hood. i love the intake, and it performs as claimed, but i didn't ask for all this trouble
      go to a different body shop, my hood was fixed with no problem, they even straighten it out and leveled it the best they could,. they even given me a bottle of touch up paint . my dent was on the line. i have pics of b4and after.

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R
      10-31-2012 10:24 PM #525
      Quote Originally Posted by ecirwin View Post
      Just one problem that I see that might be an issue, "Hood pins required". I take that to mean you'll have to have pins up through the hood to hold it shut like an old hot rod.
      there are stealth hood pins that go underneath the hood, and use a cable release that i have been looking at. still not sure about it tho. every GTI that i've seen with a carbon hood doesn't have pins. guess more research is required to carry out this idea.

and riderbmx4, that's exactly what i am trying to find somebody to do. i've been referred to a guy who's on vacation right now, but hopefully he can make things look straight. can you post the pictures, or link them?

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast