Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Q: How could you gain 25 awhp and 32 tq from a CAI?

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R 4dr Rising Blue
      08-30-2012 02:12 PM #351
      Anybody know how this stacks against the vwr?
      I drive a 2012 VW Golf R / United Motorsport

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      08-30-2012 02:25 PM #352
      Quote Originally Posted by ecirwin View Post
      Yes, I was very underwhelmed by the packaging, although I did not notice any powder coat worn off.

I can help you with installation, if you have questions. It is pretty straight forward, for the most part. I can at least type out some basic stuff for you.
      What are the 3 plastic strips for? I know 1 is for the cover of the airbox but what about the other 2?

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R 2Dr Black
      08-30-2012 03:06 PM #353
      Quote Originally Posted by Rolando_TX View Post
      What are the 3 plastic strips for? I know 1 is for the cover of the airbox but what about the other 2?
      Apparently you got something that I did not. There were a few things missing from my package (some clamps and something to connect the snorkel), the bolt/nut for the prop rod did not match (metric/english), and there was some duplicate hardware (bolts for airbox cover and MAF sensor).
      2012 Golf R 2Dr Loaded DBP - Diesel Geek, Badgeless Grille & Fill, Delete R Badges, 42DD Downpipe, Autotech HPFP, UM Stg2, Huper Optik Tint, HPA Dogbone mount, Rebadge.com, BSH PR CAI, Twintercooler, LED Tails, TSW Interlaggos 19X8, CTS TOP & TP, Xpel Ultimate, DXD Stg2 Daily, USRT W/M

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      08-30-2012 03:19 PM #354
      Quote Originally Posted by ecirwin View Post
      Apparently you got something that I did not. There were a few things missing from my package (some clamps and something to connect the snorkel), the bolt/nut for the prop rod did not match (metric/english), and there was some duplicate hardware (bolts for airbox cover and MAF sensor).
      I also received a single wood screw
      No idea what thats for

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      08-30-2012 03:20 PM #355
      also i cant seem to get the snorkel piece in place

Vehicles
      2013 Ibis White TTRS
      08-30-2012 03:45 PM #356
      Hopefully some official instructions will help get the fitment perfect, because right now this is sounding a bit tricky to get all buttoned up. One of the things I was avoiding the VWR intake for was rubbing of lines. It would be good to get some pics of all the various clearances.

(sent via mobile)
      2013 IW TTRS | 1990 TR Cabby Best Seller | 2012 CSG Golf R (sold) | 2008 TR R32 (sold) | 2006 UG GTI (sold)

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R 2Dr Black
      08-30-2012 04:53 PM #357
      I don't think the snorkel is designed to go all the way up to the opening, just be in the vicinity. I don't have the hardware to attach it yet, but it does not fit completely under that plastic piece at the top of the grille.
      2012 Golf R 2Dr Loaded DBP - Diesel Geek, Badgeless Grille & Fill, Delete R Badges, 42DD Downpipe, Autotech HPFP, UM Stg2, Huper Optik Tint, HPA Dogbone mount, Rebadge.com, BSH PR CAI, Twintercooler, LED Tails, TSW Interlaggos 19X8, CTS TOP & TP, Xpel Ultimate, DXD Stg2 Daily, USRT W/M

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R 2Dr Black
      08-30-2012 04:54 PM #358
      Quote Originally Posted by sc0ttyb View Post
      Hopefully some official instructions will help get the fitment perfect, because right now this is sounding a bit tricky to get all buttoned up. One of the things I was avoiding the VWR intake for was rubbing of lines. It would be good to get some pics of all the various clearances.

(sent via mobile)
      As Ken said before, this is a tight fit. Not much in the way of clearance in several places. It will be interesting to see what affect that has with time.

Vehicles
      2012 golf r , 2011 Jetta se, 1990 gti
      08-30-2012 07:03 PM #359
      They are for the pan 2 pieces and the lid one piece

I also received a single wood screw
      No idea what thats for
      its the only thing we could find that was long enough and would fit in the factory mounting hole

the pipe sits mostly in there while the collector sit in only about an half inch or so.

Please remember that you no longer have your factory hood prop. you have a old fashion hood prop. It is made from steel and will destroy your hood if not careful.

save your hood and your tears and be careful of the strut
      [/U]

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      08-30-2012 07:09 PM #360
      Quote Originally Posted by BSHR View Post

its the only thing we could find that was long enough and would fit in the factory mounting hole

the pipe sits mostly in there while the collector sit in only about an half inch or so.

Please remember that you no longer have your factory hood prop. you have a old fashion hood prop. It is made from steel and will destroy your hood if not careful.

[/U]

It's seems that you got my message

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 R CW 4Dr
      08-30-2012 07:12 PM #361

[/U]
      Ok, without having this intake in hand i'm concerned with the quality of it just by reading posts above. With so much time in preparation and multiple delays there are "Wooden Screws" being used to fit things???

Still no installation instructions?

Man ohh man, promises promises promises.

-Peter

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      08-30-2012 07:14 PM #362
      Quote Originally Posted by Peteski View Post
      Ok, without having this intake in hand i'm concerned with the quality of it just by reading posts above. With so much time in preparation and multiple delays there are "Wooden Screws" being used to fit things???

Still no installation instructions?

Man ohh man, promises promises promises.

-Peter
      Honestly that's the only thing I didn't liked about it, everything else is top notch

Vehicles
      08-30-2012 07:28 PM #363
      Sorry guys i been trying to get this out so this is the only way i can right now..

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

14. 08-30-2012 07:37 PM #364
      Cool Story Bro..

Every time a new model is released; tuners start posting ridiculous gains with their cai's. These gains are usually proven to be exaggerated in the following years by car owners doing their own testing.

Quote Originally Posted by gdoggmoney View Post
      There's been too much butt sniffing before this dog fight.
      PagPartsTurbo www.speeding-g60.com INTEGRATEDengineering

Vehicles
      08-30-2012 07:42 PM #365
      Quote Originally Posted by *+NEIL*+DIAMOND*+ View Post
      Cool Story Bro..

Every time a new model is released; tuners start posting ridiculous gains with their cai's. These gains are usually proven to be exaggerated in the following years by car owners doing their own testing.

well ours are 100 percent legit. will be proven over the years.

08-30-2012 08:38 PM #366
      These posts from the last few days are making me want to go back with my first pick the wintake. I hope someone dyno's their's soon and the install get figured out. Right now it seems like too much hassle just to get it to fit, also I didn't know the hood prop fix was just a steel pole. Not a big deal but seems like a late fix before they were "ready to ship". Hope it gets better.

17. 08-30-2012 08:53 PM #367
      well ours are 100 percent legit. will be proven over the years.
      According to the exhaustive research of USRT; gains of 3% are to be expected for every 10°f of reduction in intake temperature.

This testing was done using WMI; which raises the effective octane rating, as well as cools the intake charge.

Bottom line; if wmi isnt giving you those type of gains, a filter on a stick ain't gonna do better.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?t=5779072
      Last edited by Rod Ratio; 08-30-2012 at 08:58 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by gdoggmoney View Post
      There's been too much butt sniffing before this dog fight.
      PagPartsTurbo www.speeding-g60.com INTEGRATEDengineering

Vehicles
      2013 Ibis White TTRS
      08-30-2012 09:14 PM #368
      It's not just all about IATs, though that is important. The stock setup has also been shown to be highly restrictive in terms of airflow in higher HP applications. I think that's something else folks are waiting on are numbers showing better airflow.

(sent via mobile)
      2013 IW TTRS | 1990 TR Cabby Best Seller | 2012 CSG Golf R (sold) | 2008 TR R32 (sold) | 2006 UG GTI (sold)

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R 2Dr Black
      08-30-2012 11:23 PM #369
      Having done the install without instructions, I will say that the instructions look to be pretty accurate. My only bit of advice would be to remove the DV bracket before installing the snorkel pipe. It just gives you a little more space to work. It is tight getting at the nuts holding that bracket on, you'll need all the space available.

20. 08-30-2012 11:34 PM #370
      INSTALLED!! Let me tell you.... WOW even my female friend can feel the increase in power. This install is not for the impatient. I had one snag, I forgot to take the knob that holds the hood ram to the hood. Scuffed the pan lid a little but oops, live and learn. I cannot believe the throttle response and the power pull ALL the way through the powerband!! GOOD JOB GUYS!

21. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2003 Jetta VR(Sold), 2006 GTI (Sold), 2008 GTI (Sold), 2010 VW CC Sport, 2012 Golf R (January 2012)
      08-31-2012 08:58 AM #371
      Quote Originally Posted by *+NEIL*+DIAMOND*+ View Post
      According to the exhaustive research of USRT; gains of 3% are to be expected for every 10°f of reduction in intake temperature.

This testing was done using WMI; which raises the effective octane rating, as well as cools the intake charge.

Bottom line; if wmi isnt giving you those type of gains, a filter on a stick ain't gonna do better.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?t=5779072
      That's a classy guy right there!

Vehicles
      2007 3.6L Passat Wagon 4motion
      08-31-2012 10:38 AM #372
      Quote Originally Posted by ThatJohnGuy View Post
      INSTALLED!! Let me tell you.... WOW even my female friend can feel the increase in power. This install is not for the impatient. I had one snag, I forgot to take the knob that holds the hood ram to the hood. Scuffed the pan lid a little but oops, live and learn. I cannot believe the throttle response and the power pull ALL the way through the powerband!! GOOD JOB GUYS!
      Wait how do I avoid "I had one snag, I forgot to take the knob that holds the hood ram to the hood." - just trying to make sure i don't do it
      Last edited by jthearne; 08-31-2012 at 10:48 AM.
      Before - 2007 Fahrenheit GLI - Yellow - Unitronic Stage 1+ - Valentine1 - 35% tint all around
      Before - 2012 Golf R - 4dr - Rising Blue - APR Stage 1 - BSH PR CAI - Valentine1 - 50% tint all around
      Current - 2007 Passat 3.6 4motion - White

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R
      08-31-2012 03:57 PM #373
      I did the same thing. There is a little knob on the hood where the strut was connected. Use a 13mm socket to remove it. I couldn't get it off there. Seemed to nearly be welded on. Didn't budge at all. I'm going to give it another try soon. I also don't have the new hood prop installed because i bent the bolt trying to get the lock nut on. The install took a while but the intake looks and sounds amazing. Definitely better throttle response. I haven't driven much with the new install so I really cant say if I notice a power difference... yet.
      Last edited by .:Raunchy; 08-31-2012 at 06:00 PM.
      2012 Golf R - 4D CSG - BSH PR CAI - 42DD Downpipe - APR Stage 2

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R
      08-31-2012 06:03 PM #374
      I had to saw off the old strut mount because it wouldn't come off and kept rubbing bad.

As for how well it works... WOW!

I went for a little drive, pulled over, and felt the intake. It was cold enough to rest my hand on it. I had an P-Flo on my MKV FSI, and that thing was too hot to touch after driving. And the awesome heatsheild... well that works too. I touch that for a split second and burnt the back of my fingers. It's definitely doing its job

Thanks BSH / PR
      2012 Golf R - 4D CSG - BSH PR CAI - 42DD Downpipe - APR Stage 2

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R
      08-31-2012 07:00 PM #375
      Just went through my box...never got the heat shield

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast