Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Q: How could you gain 25 awhp and 32 tq from a CAI?

07-09-2012 04:14 PM #51
      Anyone remember the promo code for 15% off as I can't seem to find it trolling through i mods thread? This system looks to be the best bet.

Vehicles
      CAR HISTORY: |A3|Cayman|TTS|Jetta|.:R|CC|
      07-09-2012 04:31 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by riderbmx4 View Post
      so you fully stand behind this product? are u running this set up on your r ?//
      Fully stand behind their gear. I'd recommend everything they make. Its all super legit high quality stuff. Their fabricators welds are totally on point and their raw material supplier is one of the best in the aluminum industry. I completely back their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by V8Star View Post
      Thanks alot for posting that facebook link Found some products to add to my wish list
      Haha, whoops. Not trying to assist you in lightening the ol' pocketbook. For the life of me I can't understand why BSH/PR isn't considered one of the household names in aftermarket VW parts. The quality is right up there with the best and in some cases, is the best I've seen. Maybe with the PR intake they will now be considered one of the "Big 3" tuners.

Quote Originally Posted by ecirwin View Post
      I will post up the emblem when it arrives. It took them quite a few attempts to get it and they wouldn't ship until it was right. They also quoted me a price at the beginning and kept that price even though they did more work than usual. The price was higher than what Rebadge.com usually charges, but still they stuck to their quote.

I did see the PR FMIC, but I had already committed to the Forge buy and PR is still in process not shipping. I am sure that their solution will give better performance, but we are probably splitting hairs at this point. I am not going to be racing this car, it is my DD. It is just fun!
      Like the spirit dude! It is all about fun otherwise it'd just be boring transportation Got your PM that Badge is sick and totally unique. Excited to see it on.

Quote Originally Posted by JRMGTI View Post
      I'm waiting on full pics on the intake looked at my car and can't see how there is any room on the passanger side?
      There are pics on the BSH site (link at bottom of first post). Maybe you think you need more than that?
      Quote Originally Posted by keihin View Post
      To be fair, those pics are of a prototype system, kind of small, and show an engine compartment with some unrelated changes. It would be nice to see some higher quality pics of the as-shipping production system. Maybe you could shoot these at the same time as the promised installation video?
      Its a tight fit, but their are some allowances for air to flow between the components. Its a VERY tidy install once completed. Im headed out to Phx later this week and will meet up with a photographer to shoot the PR CrAI. Will add to this thread.

Yes, you are correct. I should have mentioned that, but I was in a hurry. If what iMod is saying is correct, they won't have a finished unit until the end of this week. Sounds like a delay at the powder coater.
      They are literally at Powder coat now and will be boxed and shipping at some point this weekend.... my insider resources are telling me. Good stuff a'coming up!

Quote Originally Posted by cashew View Post
      Order in!
      Atta boy! Congrats you'll have one working on a car before I do, LOL!

Vehicles
      07-09-2012 04:39 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by chase-R View Post
      Anyone remember the promo code for 15% off as I can't seem to find it trolling through i mods thread? This system looks to be the best bet.
      For those of you whom have asked me via PM about a discount promo code, I found this and apparently it's still active for 15% off

PR CAI promo code: prgolfrcai

You're welcome

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R
      07-10-2012 10:22 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by iMod.:R View Post
      For those of you whom have asked me via PM about a discount promo code, I found this and apparently it's still active for 15% off

PR CAI promo code: prgolfrcai

You're welcome
      Ordering now

5. 07-10-2012 12:00 PM #55
      I pulled the trigger . I,couldnt wait till waterfest, its stil cheaper then vwr , n twintake

Vehicles
      07-10-2012 12:58 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
      Ordering now
      Bravo! Pretty damn sure none of us running this will be unhappy with the results!

I pulled the trigger . I,couldnt wait till waterfest, its stil cheaper then vwr , n twintake
      Cool stuff and like I said I am headed out to PHX next later this week to check up on my Golf .:R at their facilities I wil try and find you intake and upload a few pics to this thread.

7. 07-10-2012 02:57 PM #57
      Bravo! Pretty damn sure none of us running this will be unhappy with the results!

Cool stuff and like I said I am headed out to PHX next later this week to check up on my Golf .:R at their facilities I wil try and find you intake and upload a few pics to this thread.
      Haha,that,would b awesome, if u n teff stand behind this intake then I have no reason to disagree

8. 07-10-2012 03:06 PM #58
      Hopefully it comes in black because I didnt see a color option. I want black

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R 2Dr Black
      07-10-2012 04:21 PM #59
      If you read down to the bottom of the description on their website, it says it comes in a black crinkle coat. The only color option is black crinkle coat. So, you will get black, like it or not.
      2012 Golf R 2Dr Loaded DBP - Diesel Geek, Badgeless Grille & Fill, Delete R Badges, 42DD Downpipe, Autotech HPFP, UM Stg2, Huper Optik Tint, HPA Dogbone mount, Rebadge.com, BSH PR CAI, Twintercooler, LED Tails, TSW Interlaggos 19X8, CTS TOP & TP, Xpel Ultimate, DXD Stg2 Daily, USRT W/M

10. 07-10-2012 05:14 PM #60
      Thats what I wanted

Vehicles
      07-10-2012 08:10 PM #61
      Haha,that,would b awesome, if u n teff stand behind this intake then I have no reason to disagree
      TEFF is eagerly awaiting his ROW (European version) of the PR CrAI and will probably be the first outside of the US running it. He's got a good head on his shoulders, TEFF...

If you read down to the bottom of the description on their website, it says it comes in a black crinkle coat. The only color option is black crinkle coat. So, you will get black, like it or not.
      The above facts are hella factual. It only comes in black crinkle powder coat (or high polish as a special order that you need to request prior to ordering) They figure most people want a simple black set up so its more subtle. So you're good there.

12. 07-10-2012 09:12 PM #62

Ahh cant wait , my name is Sal btw if u So happen Ti find my order lol

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R 4dr Rising Blue
      07-11-2012 01:17 AM #63
      i love how this stuff shows up AFTER i already bought another intake
      I drive a 2012 VW Golf R / United Motorsport

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R 2Dr Black
      07-11-2012 07:24 AM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by Coderedpl View Post
      i love how this stuff shows up AFTER i already bought another intake
      This intake should have had it's own post when the preorder was offered, but if you had been reading iMods thread, you would have seen this intake over a month ago. Of course those of us that did preorder it have had to wait for over a month, and still waiting. You have another intake and have been enjoying the sound and power while we wait.
      2012 Golf R 2Dr Loaded DBP - Diesel Geek, Badgeless Grille & Fill, Delete R Badges, 42DD Downpipe, Autotech HPFP, UM Stg2, Huper Optik Tint, HPA Dogbone mount, Rebadge.com, BSH PR CAI, Twintercooler, LED Tails, TSW Interlaggos 19X8, CTS TOP & TP, Xpel Ultimate, DXD Stg2 Daily, USRT W/M

15. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2003 Jetta VR(Sold), 2006 GTI (Sold), 2008 GTI (Sold), 2010 VW CC Sport, 2012 Golf R (January 2012)
      07-11-2012 08:47 AM #65
      BSH is great! I didn't know about the 15% discount until after I ordered, they responded to my request really fast and had already taken care of it before I asked!

Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      07-11-2012 11:08 PM #66
      Believable numbers for sure. The stock intake is crap, and really chokes off power at stage 2+. We picked up something like 30+ HP with the VWR intake on our MAHA in the UK. I'll see if I can get my hands on the dyno tomorrow.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

Vehicles
      07-12-2012 11:04 AM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      Believable numbers for sure. The stock intake is crap, and really chokes off power at stage 2+. We picked up something like 30+ HP with the VWR intake on our MAHA in the UK. I'll see if I can get my hands on the dyno tomorrow.
      Wow Arin, you guys picked up 30+ AWHP on a MAHA? Id say if that is true you guys have achieved something no one else, including PR has ever done. Think of all the sales you guys may have missed by not touting that fact. I looked everywhere online to see dyno results of the VWR intake. There is nothing anywhere with an official dyno sheet release by APR or VWR. I would imagine if those figures are true you'd want to use that as a sales tool to help sell a $575- air intake. The sales numbers on the pre-orders and past week have totally exceeded BSH/PRs expectations mostly due to us sharing the figures publicly. Definitely excited to see that 30+ awhp and how did you guys end up on the TQ and IAT numbers?

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R 2Dr Black
      07-12-2012 06:03 PM #68
      I am excited to see a shipping notice from BSH, but so far, I am only disappointed.

Vehicles
      07-12-2012 06:11 PM #69
      Wow Arin, you guys picked up 30+ AWHP on a MAHA? Id say if that is true you guys have achieved something no one else, including PR has ever done. Think of all the sales you guys may have missed by not touting that fact. I looked everywhere online to see dyno results of the VWR intake. There is nothing anywhere with an official dyno sheet release by APR or VWR. I would imagine if those figures are true you'd want to use that as a sales tool to help sell a $575- air intake. The sales numbers on the pre-orders and past week have totally exceeded BSH/PRs expectations mostly due to us sharing the figures publicly. Definitely excited to see that 30+ awhp and how did you guys end up on the TQ and IAT numbers?
      Yeah, I'm trying to get my hands on the dyno but I need to get access to our dyno computer in the UK and the connections not working (maybe it's just turned off lol). The figures area actually printed in VWR's marketing literature, but I'm after the graph.

20. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 .:R, 2009 TT
      07-12-2012 07:45 PM #70
      I am interested in this graph Arin but lets not pollute this thread , this is all about BSH's new intake.

Vehicles
      07-12-2012 07:51 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by watsonj0 View Post
      I am interested in this graph Arin but lets not pollute this thread , this is all about BSH's new intake.
      Not looking to pollute the thread... just backing up what the OP said...

Quote Originally Posted by imdarkrider View Post
      Looks good, but i'm skeptical.
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      Believable numbers for sure. The stock intake is crap, and really chokes off power at stage 2+.

22. 07-13-2012 12:52 PM #72
      Any pictures of my intake imod?

23. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      07-13-2012 04:24 PM #73
      Anyone hear anything about the shipping status of these yet?

24. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2003 Jetta VR(Sold), 2006 GTI (Sold), 2008 GTI (Sold), 2010 VW CC Sport, 2012 Golf R (January 2012)
      07-13-2012 04:41 PM #74
      I was told they are still waiting on the custom filters to show up and then they will be shipping. BSH is hoping for a Saturday ship but it looks like Monday or Tuesday.

25. 07-13-2012 06:09 PM #75
      i hope they express the intake

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast