Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Q: How could you gain 25 awhp and 32 tq from a CAI?

Vehicles
      2010 Audi B8 S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & 2007 VW MKV GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      07-12-2012 07:51 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by watsonj0 View Post
      I am interested in this graph Arin but lets not pollute this thread , this is all about BSH's new intake.
      Not looking to pollute the thread... just backing up what the OP said...

Quote Originally Posted by imdarkrider View Post
      Looks good, but i'm skeptical.
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      Believable numbers for sure. The stock intake is crap, and really chokes off power at stage 2+.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801
      The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

2. 07-13-2012 12:52 PM #72
      Any pictures of my intake imod?

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      07-13-2012 04:24 PM #73
      Anyone hear anything about the shipping status of these yet?

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2003 Jetta VR(Sold), 2006 GTI (Sold), 2008 GTI (Sold), 2010 VW CC Sport, 2012 Golf R (January 2012)
      07-13-2012 04:41 PM #74
      I was told they are still waiting on the custom filters to show up and then they will be shipping. BSH is hoping for a Saturday ship but it looks like Monday or Tuesday.

5. 07-13-2012 06:09 PM #75
      i hope they express the intake

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      07-14-2012 07:01 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by cashew View Post
      I was told they are still waiting on the custom filters to show up and then they will be shipping. BSH is hoping for a Saturday ship but it looks like Monday or Tuesday.
      Thanks for the update! If anyone else hears anything post up.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      07-16-2012 01:53 PM #77
      Got an update today. Looks like end of this week or early next week they will start shipping.

8. 07-16-2012 02:15 PM #78
      Good stuff

07-16-2012 03:35 PM #79
      I thought these were supposed to ship after the 4th? I just don't want to send my payment and have to wait for months like some did for the VWR.

Vehicles
      Golf R 4D Candy White F.L.
      07-16-2012 03:48 PM #80
      Same here

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R
      07-16-2012 04:17 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by webcrawlr View Post
      Got an update today. Looks like end of this week or early next week they will start shipping.
      I was told the same thing today
      2012 Golf R - 4D CSG - BSH PR CAI - 42DD Downpipe - APR Stage 2

07-16-2012 08:07 PM #82
      Also iMod,;R any updates with what you were hinting at over the last few weeks about more products such as a TBE. I would like to keep my mods from the same company.

Vehicles
      2003 330i, 2004 A4, 2006 GTi, 2008 R32, 2012 RB Golf R, 2013 S4
      07-16-2012 08:37 PM #83
      Sex
      In many ways then this car is like herpes. Great fun catching it but not so much fun living with it every day. - Jeremy Clarkson

14. 07-16-2012 08:54 PM #84
      Bsh should be a vendor at waterfest

Vehicles
      2012 golf r , 2011 Jetta se, 1990 gti
      07-16-2012 09:10 PM #85
      hey everyone. Intakes are in fact going to ship by early next week. We don't charge till we ship so you do not have to worry about having your money tied up. Also we are looking for a stock Golf r in the phoenix Arizona area that is interested in our PR intake. The catch is you have to let us dyno your car with a VWR intake then our PR intake. If the VWR intakes makes more power then our PR Intake we will buy you the VWR Intake. If not we will give you a PR intake for wholesale and install it for you. Also we will be dynoing at a APR dealer.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      07-16-2012 10:04 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by BSHR View Post
      hey everyone. Intakes are in fact going to ship by early next week. We don't charge till we ship so you do not have to worry about having your money tied up. Also we are looking for a stock Golf r in the phoenix Arizona area that is interested in our PR intake. The catch is you have to let us dyno your car with a VWR intake then our PR intake. If the VWR intakes makes more power then our PR Intake we will buy you the VWR Intake. If not we will give you a PR intake for wholesale and install it for you. Also we will be dynoing at a APR dealer.
      That's what we call put up or shut up where I'm from.

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R 4dr Rising Blue
      07-16-2012 10:35 PM #87
      Someone bring their car there! I want to see the results!
      I drive a 2012 VW Golf R / United Motorsport

18. 07-16-2012 10:39 PM #88
      it looks more promising then the vwR becAUSE IF U REALIZE THE PIPES ARE AWAY FROM THE ENGINE BAY, AND I TRIED SOMEWTHINg the other day.... turn on ur car and put ur hand where the vwr intake would be and feel all the hott hott air, while in the pr intake in that section is cool air

Vehicles
      2003 330i, 2004 A4, 2006 GTi, 2008 R32, 2012 RB Golf R, 2013 S4
      07-17-2012 03:21 AM #89
      NOW you've got me interested.
      In many ways then this car is like herpes. Great fun catching it but not so much fun living with it every day. - Jeremy Clarkson

Vehicles
      CAR HISTORY: |A3|Cayman|TTS|Jetta|.:R|CC|
      07-17-2012 01:09 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by chase-R View Post
      I thought these were supposed to ship after the 4th? I just don't want to send my payment and have to wait for months like some did for the VWR.
      Quote Originally Posted by darth****** View Post
      Same here
      Quote Originally Posted by .:Raunchy View Post
      I was told the same thing today
      Quote Originally Posted by droopy1592 View Post
      Sex
      The hold up is that the initial batch of air filters were not as perfect of a fitt as they wanted. Those were sent back and a new batch should arrive shortly. Then they all get packed up with love and care and sent to you, the wise early adopters who don't want to follow the traditional trendy route. The people who want real PROVEN power gains from the worlds first "colder pathway" intake system. It'll be worth the wait, no question in my mind at all. Everyone post up pics of yours when they arrive on this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by chase-R View Post
      Also iMod,;R any updates with what you were hinting at over the last few weeks about more products such as a TBE. I would like to keep my mods from the same company.
      Not to get into my challenges, but I can't get back out to Phoenix until after my place is rented which should be this week. At that point I will shoot gobs of pics and video of the new stuff. TBE is on the menu for sure, no doubts. Will update you asap.

Quote Originally Posted by riderbmx4 View Post
      Bsh should be a vendor at waterfest
      Right?

Quote Originally Posted by webcrawlr View Post
      That's what we call put up or shut up where I'm from.
      Quote Originally Posted by Coderedpl View Post
      Someone bring their car there! I want to see the results!
      Quote Originally Posted by droopy1592 View Post
      NOW you've got me interested.
      Wow, if thats not tossing your balls on the line (reputation wise) i don't know what is! Yeah someone with a bone stock .:R in the Southwest, hit these guys up!

Quote Originally Posted by riderbmx4 View Post
      it looks more promising then the vwR becAUSE IF U REALIZE THE PIPES ARE AWAY FROM THE ENGINE BAY, AND I TRIED SOMEWTHINg the other day.... turn on ur car and put ur hand where the vwr intake would be and feel all the hott hott air, while in the pr intake in that section is cool air
      This response is peppered with many good points.

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R
      07-17-2012 02:15 PM #91
      I've just been sitting on the sidelines waiting to see everything come out before making any modding decisions. This seems like too good a deal to pass up. I have a bone stock R but don't think I could convince the wife to let me make the drive. How long would the whole process take? Could this be done in a day?

Vehicles
      07-17-2012 02:22 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by nahf14 View Post
      I've just been sitting on the sidelines waiting to see everything come out before making any modding decisions. This seems like too good a deal to pass up. I have a bone stock R but don't think I could convince the wife to let me make the drive. How long would the whole process take? Could this be done in a day?
      It could be all arranged ahead of time so that you roll into town and they just handle business. Where are you located?

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      07-17-2012 02:24 PM #93
      That's odd because i was charged on 6/28 for $440.98 - Do you mean you charge before you ship?? I just don't want to be double charged...
      Before - 2007 Fahrenheit GLI - Unitronic Stage 1+ - Valentine1 - 35% tint all around

Current - 2012 Golf R - 4dr - Rising Blue - APR Stage 1 - BSH PR CAI - Valentine1 - 50% tint all around

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R
      07-17-2012 02:46 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by iMod.:R View Post
      It could be all arranged ahead of time so that you roll into town and they just handle business. Where are you located?
      Vegas

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R
      07-17-2012 06:00 PM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by jthearne View Post
      That's odd because i was charged on 6/28 for $440.98 - Do you mean you charge before you ship?? I just don't want to be double charged...
      My order is left in "Pending", so I assumed they'll be charging me when shipped I'm sure in your case, you are shown as "Paid" and highly doubt you'd be double charged. I emailed sales the other day, and Brad responded quite fast. I'd suggest shooting them an email if you're worried about it.
      2012 Golf R - 4D CSG - BSH PR CAI - 42DD Downpipe - APR Stage 2

Vehicles
      07-17-2012 10:07 PM #96
      Quote Originally Posted by jthearne View Post
      They will not be double charging you to my knowledge. Maybe its a pre-auth? Not sure but they have a good system in place to track sales so you should be cool.

Vegas
      PM me if you are serious and I will help you get it coordinated. I am headed out there in a week if all goes as planned and maybe we can meet up in PHX. Hit me with your best email address to speak with you offline. THX

Quote Originally Posted by .:Raunchy View Post
      My order is left in "Pending", so I assumed they'll be charging me when shipped I'm sure in your case, you are shown as "Paid" and highly doubt you'd be double charged. I emailed sales the other day, and Brad responded quite fast. I'd suggest shooting them an email if you're worried about it.
      Brad is pretty damn good, agreed.

Vehicles
      07-17-2012 10:30 PM #97
      Send me your intake and ill take it to the dyno. =)

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R
      07-18-2012 02:35 AM #98
      PM me if you are serious and I will help you get it coordinated. I am headed out there in a week if all goes as planned and maybe we can meet up in PHX. Hit me with your best email address to speak with you offline. THX
      Thanks for the offer. I was definitely serious and would love to do it, however it didn't pass with the wife. I guess someone else will be able to take advantage of this awesome deal.

Vehicles
      2013 Ibis White TTRS
      07-18-2012 03:59 AM #99
      I have a bone stock R and am a short distance from GoodSpeed. I wouldn't be opposed to doing the test fit and dyno runs as long as I knew I'd be taken care of if anything went awry. If I'm gonna be a guinea pig, just wanna make sure I'm covered, ya know?
      Last edited by sc0ttyb; 07-18-2012 at 04:39 AM.

Vehicles
      07-18-2012 01:00 PM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by Coderedpl View Post
      They want to have everything done on the same dyno for consistency sake. Sorry man.

Thanks for the offer. I was definitely serious and would love to do it, however it didn't pass with the wife. I guess someone else will be able to take advantage of this awesome deal.
      At least you tried to convince her!

Quote Originally Posted by sc0ttyb View Post
      I have a bone stock R and am a short distance from GoodSpeed. I wouldn't be opposed to doing the test fit and dyno runs as long as I knew I'd be taken care of if anything went awry. If I'm gonna be a guinea pig, just wanna make sure I'm covered, ya know?
      PM our man BSHR to coordinate, especially if you are nearby. Thanks for the offer.

Vehicles
      '14 Audi S4 / '13 Infiniti G37
      07-18-2012 01:09 PM #101
      Any idea when we can see pictures of the finished product installed?

Vehicles
      2013 Ibis White TTRS
      07-18-2012 01:29 PM #102
      PM our man BSHR to coordinate, especially if you are nearby. Thanks for the offer.
      PM sent.

Vehicles
      07-18-2012 05:58 PM #103

They want to have everything done on the same dyno for consistency sake. Sorry man.
      I never said it wouldn't be the same dyno =D

Vehicles
      2012 CW Golf R
      07-18-2012 06:50 PM #104
      Sometimes I really hate living in the NE. Id hop on that if I was in the area. Also curious to see numbers on a stock car.

Vehicles
      92 Corrado SLC, '12 Golf R
      07-19-2012 12:48 AM #105
      Any way to mod the stock engine cover/intake to make things look tidy with this setup? Really glad I've been waiting to decide on which intake and tune to go with for my R.
      2002.5 Jetta 1.8T - TOTALED (dodging deer)
      2002.5 24v GTI - TOTALED (rear-ended by a Jeep)
      1992 Corrado SLC - Dead. Will be back.. stronger.
      2012 Golf R - Daily Driver Status

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast